Exotic

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV
 
You clenched your hands really tightly until little crescents could be seen in your palms as you waited for Yuri's fist to land on your face. However, the impact didn't come and you stared at the blocked fist in front of you. You followed the hand to its owner and found it to be Chanyeol. 
 
"O-oppa." Yuri stuttered out when she saw Chanyeol's angered expression.
 
"What do you think you're doing to her?" Chanyeol demanded, his voice low and menacing.
 
Yuri whimpered at the tone of his voice as well as at the strong grip that he had on her fist. "Let her go, Chanyeol." Baekhyun oredered as he appeared out of nowhere. The former was hesitant at first but complied soon after.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
EXO's POV
 
The whole of EXO minus Chanyeol and Baekhyun, who were nowhere to be seen, was walking out of school when they spotted a commotion going on. All of them were in a rush to attend an urgent meeting but being the curious maknae, Sehun decided to take a short peek. He was shocked to find Hyeri bleeding and surrounded by the school queenkas. His two missing hyungs were also in the middle of the group. 
 
"Noona. What happened?" Sehun asked, making everyone turn their heads to face him. Without waiting to get an answer, he went over to Hyeri and held up her chin, inspecting the cut on her cheek. "Noona, you're hurt. Did they do this to you?" Sehun gently wiped the blood off with a tissue he took out from his pocket as he stared at Hyeri with gentle eyes. The conversation they had this morning replayed in his head and he finally understood how cruel the girls can be. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kim Hyeri / Your POV
 
You were completely taken aback by the gentleness that you saw in Sehun's eyes. He reminded you so much of your brother. Not being able to do anything, you just stared back at him. When you finally stopped staring, you realised that Hyuna and her posse were avoiding eye contact and squirming uncomfortably. That's when you realised that the whole of EXO was present. 
 
"What were you guys planning to do to her?" Suho calmly asked the girls.
 
"W-we just w-wanted to become f-friends with her." Hyuna stammered.
 
"Liar." Chanyeol muttered under his breath but it was still loud enough for everyone to hear.
 
"We'll let you off this once. Just don't do it ever again." Suho warned Hyuna and her gang who nodded in understanding before they hurriedly made their leave.
 
You watched the whole scene in silence, wondering why they were helping you. And as if he read your mind, Suho replied with a single word answer. "Gratitude." He smiled sweetly at you before walking away, with his fellow members following behind. From their movements, you managed to tell that they were in a rush. Especially since Sehun didn't complain about being separated from you. Staring at their retreating figures, you decided to clean your wound up before going home.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
EXO's POV
 
EXO rushed to Exotic. A popular club that was owned by a very feared man, also known as their boss, Uknow Yunho who was once apart of the number one ranking and legendary gang in the whole of Korea, DBSK. It has been a while since they went there for a job since their boss was away due to some business he had. Finally they were going to be earning some money again. They entered the club through the back door, greeting some workers in the process before proceeding to the second level which held their boss' office. Kris knocked on the wooden door signalling their arrival before stepping into the wide office.
 
Yunho was seated comfortably on his chair, legs crossed and a smile on his face. "You guys are finally here! It's been a long time since we saw each other." He greeted them cheerfully. 
 
"Welcome back, hyungnim!" EXO chorused with smiles on their faces.
 
Even though Yunho was feared by many due to his always expressionless face and cold attitude, he was actually a warm person to those he was close with. He had raised all of EXO up when they were abandoned and neglected. And it was because of him that they were able to meet and they were always thankful to him for that. They wouldn't be where they are now if not for him. However, although he raised them up, he doesn't provide them money and instead taught them that they had to earn it thus it ended up in the boys working for him. As they were really skilled in fighting they've been promoted to a high rank in a short amount of time, making them a well-known rookie gang.
 
"Glad to see you're all healthy and still alive. Heard you guys got kicked out of your apartment? You haven't been saving money, have you?" Yunho questioned but it came out more like a statement as he tried to suppress himself from chuckling at the boys' misery.
 
"Neh." EXO chorused again as they hung their heads low.
 
"But we're staying at a friend's house so we're good." Kris continued.
 
"Yeah! Hyeri noona is so nice!" Sehun blurted out without thinking, grinning widely.
 
"Oh that's good to know... Wait what?! Noona?! You guys are staying at a girl's place?! She actually lets you? Must be one of your crazy fangirls." Yunho deduced as he rubbed his chin thoughtfully.
 
"Ani. Hyeri noona isn't a fangirl. Actually, I think she hates some of us. Especially Kris and Kai hyungs." Sehun blurted out once again, earning a chuckle from Yunho and glares from his two mentioned hyungs.
 
"Arraseo. I can see that you're doing well. I suppose you know why you're here so let's just get straight to the point. It seems that while I've been away some low rank gangs have been brave enough to step into our territories. I want you to get rid of them as soon as possible. I'll wire you guys the money after the job is done." Explained Yunho as the boys nodded in understanding before starting on their job.
 
Once they were out of his office, Yunho frowned. *Hyeri? It can't be her right?* Sighing, he started on some paper work.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"4 down, 2 more to go." Kris informed s when all of them met up at a park by accident. They were divided into two sub groups to take up lesser time, EXO-K and EXO-M. They were divided just like their rooming arrangement. All of them nodded in response before separating again to their various destinations. By the end of it all, they were exhausted and the sun had already set.
 
As they walked home, a certain topic came up that piqued all of their interests. "Why didn't Hyeri fight back when she was being attacked. She was merciless when we came across ZE;A and Venom so what happened to her fighting skills back then? And it almost slipped my mind but was I the only one who heard Venom's boss addressing Hyeri as K?" Xiumin talked about Hyeri with s.
 
"I wonder. She's a real mystery. Maybe we should just ask her when we get home." Chen replied.
 
"Like she would tell us anything." Kai stated.
 
"It's worth a try." Lay answered nonchalantly.
 
The conversation came to a stop when they reached their house. The delicious smell of food welcomed them when they stepped through the door. Peeking into the kitchen, they saw the back view of Hyeri cooking dinner.
 
"If you want to eat dinner soon, you should freshen up first." Hyeri spoke without turning her back. The boys quickly rushed to take their showers before plopping themselves at the dining table, waiting for the other boys and for dinner to be served.