Happy Sehun is Happy

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV
 
It was Monday morning. You woke up from your restless sleep with a loud groan. You were awake an hour before your alarm was supposed to ring, which rarely happens. Guilt was eating you up and you couldn't ignore it any longer. You felt really bad for what happened to Sehun. He got hurt trying to help you and you couldn't get his injured image out of your head. You sighed in frustration and got out of bed.
 
"Maybe I should make him some soup to speed up his recovery." You thought aloud.
 
You took out all the ingredients needed from the refrigerator and cabinets and started cooking. Once you were done, you packed it into a container and got ready for school. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
At SM High...
 
You sighed in frustration and ruffled your hair. You forgot the fact that you didn't know where Sehun was or his class or if he was even in school. Make that three facts. You almost gave up when you collided into a wall. Well, that was what it felt like. You stumbled back and landed on your . And so did the person you knocked into. You were about to lash out at him when you realised who it was. The person you were looking for was right in front of you. You regained your composure and stood up.
 
"Mianhae." Sehun apologised while rubbing the back of his neck.
 
"Aren't you supposed to be resting at home to recover?" You questioned him with an eyebrow raised. You had your poker face on even though you were genuinely worried about him. There was something about him that made you feel that way.
 
"Ani, I'm perfectly fine." He replied with a sheepish grin. However, he looked a bit pale and you knew he was lying.
 
"Follow me." You told him and started walking. You looked back and realised that he wasn't following you. He was still standing there, staring at you.
 
Sighing, you went back and grabbed his left hand before dragging him to your class. You sat him down in front of you and took out the container of soup and placed it in front of him.
 
"Eat up. It's good for your health." You prodded him.
 
He slowly picked up the spoon and took a small sip. His face brightened up and his eyes twinkled.
 
"It's so delicious!" Sehun exclaimed happily and started to wolf down the soup.
 
Hearing his compliment, you felt warm and fuzzy all over but you still kept your cold expression on.
 
"Thanks. You should slow down if you don't want to choke. Once you're done you can go. I don't want people to misunderstand. And don't wear yourself out." You advised.
 
With that, you took out your ipod and placed your headphones over your ears and blasted the music. You stared out the window but couldn't help but to glance at Sehun eating happily once in a while. A smile slowly crept onto your face.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
EXO’s POV
 
Sehun had a wide grin on his face all day long. Even during lessons he was smiling to himself. At lunch, EXO was staring at him weirdly as he ate happily, oblivious to the stares. It has been quite some time since Sehun was this happy.
 
"Is something wrong with him? Don't tell me it's the after effect of his injury." Chanyeol said his thoughts out loud.
 
Lay went over to touch Sehun's forehead. "He doesn't have a fever... Sehun-ah, are you ok?"
 
"Of course! I'm totally fine! Wae?" Sehun answered smiling from ear to ear.
 
"N-nothing." Lay carefully stepped away from the maknae. The rest also took a step back from the happy Sehun. 
 
*Something is definitely up.* They all thought in unison.
 
On the other hand, Sehun was in his own world. *She cooked soup for me! She was worried about me! I'm so happy! I'm glad I came to school today! Does that mean we're friends now? I should go find her after school. I can't wait to see her again!* With each thought, Sehun's smile got wider and wider, creeping everyone out.
 
By the end of lunch, EXO was officially freaked out by Sehun.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV
 
After school...
 
You were walking out of school when you heard your name being called.
 
"Hyeri noona~"
 
You turned around and saw Sehun running towards you. The rest of EXO was walking behind him and was looking at the both of you strangely. Sehun stopped a few feet away from you, panting just a tiny bit. You raised an eyebrow questioningly at him.
 
Sehun straightened up before speaking. "I haven't thanked you for this morning. So, thank you for the soup and for worrying about me!"
 
"Tsk. I wasn't worried about you." You denied.
 
"Then why did you let me eat the soup?" Sehun asked cutely, tilting his head to the side. You didn't know how to respond to that and stayed silent.
 
"Hehe! See? You were worried!" Sehun exclaimed.
 
"Think whatever you like." You were about to leave when Sehun stopped you.
 
"Let's eat ice cream!" Sehun grabbed your hand and dragged you away.
 
"Mwoh?!" You screamed in disbelief and tried to loosen out of his grip but he was stronger than you thought. Knowing that he wouldn't give up any time soon, you let him drag you away.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
EXO's POV
 
"Sehun! We're you going?" Luhan shouted to Sehun but he was already too far away.
 
"Why is he in such a rush?" Suho asked, puzzled at the maknae's recent behaviour. The others just shrugged their shoulders.
 
As they exited the school, surprise was written all over their faces when they saw their maknae dragging the mysterious transfer girl away. Sehun had never been close with anyone except the members of EXO, much less a girl. It was the first time they saw him happily interact with a girl.
 
"Since when did they get so close?" D.O asked to no one in particular and once again all of them shrugged their shoulders.
 
However, deep inside, Chanyeol and Kai were burning in envy.
 
*Why the hell am I feeling this way?! Kai, the playboy, never gets jealous.* Kai mentally slapped himself.
 
*I want to hold her hand too... Wait what?! Oh god, did I just think that? Something is wrong with me. Calm down, Chanyeol.*
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV
 
"Two cookies and cream please." Sehun ordered and paid for the ice creams. He passed you one of them and the two of you sat down at a table.
 
"Why did you drag me here?" You demanded.
 
"1. To thank you, 2. To know you better and 3. Cause' I wanted to eat ice cream." Sehun chirped as he his ice cream.
 
You could only sigh in exasperation and started to eat your ice cream before it melts. The whole time you were with Sehun was filled with him asking you questions and you giving him short answers. He had asked you random questions and didn't pry too much into your life.
 
*He's pretty cute. Like a puppy. And he reminds me of someone.*
 
After a while, you had finished your ice cream and looked at the time before remembering that you had to work so you stood up to leave.
 
"I need to go. I have work to do. See you around." You bid Sehun goodbye.
 
"Wait! I'll send you!" Sehun stood up to accompany you but you declined his offer and quickly walked off, leaving a disappointed Sehun behind.