Busted

Behind The Mask

 

EXO's POV

 

"Just lay her down on the couch." Xiumin instructed Luhan who slowly placed the limp body on the couch.

 

"What happened?" Lay asked.

 

"Well, we were on the way home from the supermarket when we heard a commotion in an alley and that brat had to go check it out. We found her surrounded by a group of guys and helped her out but she fainted." Chen explained, pointing to Sehun when he said brat.

 

"Mmm... She doesn't have any injuries. She'll be fine soon." Lay got up after examining the body. Xiumin came over and draped a blanket over her.

 

A few minutes later, Hyeri entered the house. The boys scrutinised her closely as soon as she stepped into the house. As usual, she ignored their stares. She stopped walking when she saw the body on the couch.

 

"What's Yerin doing here?" She asked.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Hyeri / Your POV

 

As you entered your house, you could feel the stares directed at you but ignored them as usual. You were about to walk up to your room when you noticed the body lying on the couch.

 

"What's Yerin doing here?" You asked before getting an explanation from Sehun.

 

"Mmm..." You acknowledged before continuing your way to your room.

 

"Wait. You're not going to take care of her?" Sehun asked.

 

"There are 12 guys near her. What else is there for me to do?" You replied.

 

"True..." Sehun trailed off.

 

"Someone sounds jealous~" Kai teased.

 

"You wish." You rolled your eyes at him. However, you still felt a slight pang of jealousy though you wouldn't admit it.

 

You took a quick shower before heading down to the kitchen to make dinner. D.O was already there cooking by the time you got down. "Today's dinner is curry. Help me cut the vegetables, will you?" D.O said once you entered the kitchen. You nodded your head and began cutting.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO's POV

 

Yerin soon regained consciousness. She sat up and looked at her surroundings while holding on to her head. She saw a few of the EXO boys and was taken aback for a moment.

 

"W-where am I? What happened?" She asked tiredly.

 

"Our house. You were cornered by some guys but Xiumin, Chen, Sehun and Luhan saved you and you fainted." Suho replied curtly.

 

"O-oh. T-thank you." She thanked EXO while blushing slightly.

 

"No problem." Luhan replied.

 

"Dinner's ready!" D.O hollered from the kitchen. The boys eagerly made their way to the kitchen with Yerin trailing behind.

 

"Hyeri?" She looked surprised to see Hyeri there.

 

"Ah. It's actually her house and we're staying with her for the time being." Suho explained.

 

"Oh, I see. Annyeong Hyeri." She greeted you with a smile.

 

"Annyeong." Hyeri greeted back though it was monotone.

 

The 14 of them sat around the dining table and started dinner. They chatted about random things and told jokes. Well, some of them did. The rest remained quiet and just ate their food.

 

"Thanks for helping me and for dinner but I have to go home. My parents would be worried." Yerin bowed respectfully.

 

"You're welcome." Suho smiled at her.

 

"I'll take you home." Baekhyun offered which she gladly accepted.

 

Once Yerin was gone, Hyeri crept up to her room. Suho turned to face Kris and Kai but they already left on their job. Suho shook his head with a small smile.

 

"Only reliable at times like this." He mumbled, referring to Kai and Kris.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Hyeri's / Your POV

 

A beep sounded from your phone and you instinctively knew that it was a new job from 2PM. You checked the sender and sure enough, it was them.

 

*Right after I finished one they give me another. They could've given it to me when they gave me the last one. Might as well do it since the pay is high.* You thought.

 

You changed into a long-sleeved black thin sweater, jeans and your favourite pair of black sneakers before tying your hair into a neat ponytail.

 

You leaned your ear against your door and listened to the noises made from EXO. They were arguing and making a ruckus as usual so you took this as a chance to escape. Locking your door from the inside, you made sure to bring along an extra key. You then opened the window and climbed out before shutting it. This was your usual escape route and it worked perfectly. You jumped off and landed gracefully on the front yard.

 

*Success!* You smiled as you made your way out the gate.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" Someone grabbed your arm and spun you around.

 

"Out." You coldly replied Kris while trying to break loose from his firm grip.

 

"Well, you're not allowed to. Yunho hyung's and Halmoni’s orders." Kai retorted.

 

"Mwoh? What I do is none of his business." You argued.

 

"His order is our business so we have to carry it out. Sorry honey but you're not going anywhere." Kai smirked as he and Kris dragged you into the house.

 

"What the hell! Let. Me. Go." You struggled only to fail miserably.

 

"Now, now. You shouldn't make it difficult for us to carry out our business." Kris scolded playfully.

 

"Your business?! Well for your information, I'm involved in this!!" You screeched.

 

"Shhh... What happened to you mind your business and we mind our own?" Kai teased.

 

"Mwoh?! That doesn't even apply in this situation!!" You screamed, bewildered.

 

Kris and Kai firmly pushed you through the door and you landed in a pair of strong arms. You looked up to be face to face with a grinning Chanyeol.

 

"Riri!!" He beamed at you before releasing you.

 

"You guys planned this, didn't you?" You narrowed your eyes accusingly at them. They just smiled innocently back at you which made you frustrated.

 

"Argh!! Do you guys always have to get in my way!!" You finally exploded before stomping up the stairs to your room.

 

You threw yourself on the bed and screamed into your pillow. After a few minutes, you got up and peeked through your window. Two figures lurked in your front yard and you knew they were Kai and Kris making sure that you wouldn't be able to escape. You growled at the sight.

 

'Sorry but I can't make it.' You texted your boss.

 

*Why is this happening to me?! Argh!* You screamed in your mind.

 

Knock! Knock!

 

"What?!" You rudely shouted at the person knocking on your door.

 

"Hyeri-ah, it's Suho. I just wanted to tell you that we're only doing this cause we're concerned about you. You shouldn't be doing dangerous jobs by yourself. And Halmoni and Yunho hyung don't want you to fight either. Please understand our good intention." He explained sincerely. You didn't reply and you could hear him sigh.

 

"Goodnight, dongsaeng." He softly whispered though it was loud enough for you to hear before leaving.

 

*Crap. Now I feel bad.* You sighed heavily as you laid in your bed with an arm draped over your eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.