Identity Revealed

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

"Hyeri-sshi!"

You stopped in your tracks and turned around to find Suho chasing after you with s walking close behind.

"Yes?" You raised an eyebrow questioningly at him.

Suho fidgeted a bit and cleared his throat before speaking, "How do I say this? Ummm... Can we... I mean... Do you have-"

His words were cut off by a bunch of loud voices.

"Oh! If it isn't EXO!" One of the guys pointed at them.

"Venom." Kris snarled, recognizing the men.

Your eyes widened as recognition also hit you. *! It's Venom. I can't let them see me.* You were about to hide when the leader spotted you.

"Why, I didn't expect to find you here, Kim Hyeri. Or should I say K." Chanhee, the leader stared straight at you with a smirk.

*K? Isn't K the infamous solo gangster? Hyeri can't be K, right?* EXO was all thinking the same thing as they glanced at you.

You frowned and gritted your teeth. *And I was hoping he wouldn't spill that out.*

"You've been missing from the gangster world for quite some time now. I wonder what you've been up to lately. Since I found you, why not we have a fight, huh? I've been dying to get revenge on you for bashing my men the last time. And since EXO is also here, I can also have some fun with them." Chanhee continued and his expression hardened as he signalled his men to step forward.

"You're really asking for it, old man." You spat as you glared at him.

*First I bump into EXO. Now, Venom. When will I get my sleep?!* You were utterly frustrated.

A few seconds later, Chanhee's men were charging towards EXO and you. You counted at least 30 men in total from Venom and knew that it was going to be a long night. You got ready for the incoming attacks and switched to your fighting self.

The first guy who came your way went flying, hitting against a tree as you spun-kick him straight in the chest. Your combat boots that you were wearing added more pressure, causing him to cough out blood. More guys attacked you. You threw one over your shoulder and threw him towards 2 of his comrades. The three of them fell down in a heap. As you turned around, another guy landed a punch on your cheek. You stumbled back a bit but managed to return his punch three times harder which busted his lips and broke his nose. He clutched onto his bleeding nose as he landed on his .

While they were getting up, you managed to sneak a glance towards EXO who were busy fighting 2 to 3 guys at a time and managed to check out their fighting style. You were impressed by their fighting skills. Venom was getting beaten up pretty badly and the outcome was very clear. 

Kris was effortlessly throwing punches and kicks at all the right places. Luhan and Sehun worked well as a team as they fought back to back and would sometimes attack using strong duo moves. Tao brought out his wushu skills as he got into different stances before attacking the enemy with powerful moves. Chanyeol, Kai, D.O and Xiumin were ruthless as they took down their enemies one by one. Their attacks were powerful and they were agile, dodging the enemies' attacks easily. Chen was fast, striking his enemies before they could even see it coming. Suho, Baekhyun and Lay surprised you with their strategic fighting method. They were able to read their enemies' moves and counterattack.

*Woah. These guys are good. Maybe it won't be a long night after all.* You were snapped out of your thoughts when you heard footsteps heading your way.

You turned around in time to avoid a punch and trip the person. He fell on his back and you stepped on his stomach, making his spit out blood. From the corner of your eyes, you saw 4 other guys running towards you. Wanting to finish this quickly, you were ruthless and harsh. You grabbed the knives that you hid in your combat boots and threw them at two of the guys. The knives hit them both in the stomach. They fell to the floor, clutching on their bleeding wound. The other two guys saw their comrades fall and this angered them. You smirked at the sight of their furious expressions. You lifted up your index finger and motioned them to come at you and they did exactly that. Another knife slid down your sleeve and you used it to stab one of them in the leg. He screamed in pain and came crumbling down. Before you could finish off the last one, Chanhee ordered his men to retreat.

"Retreat! Get out of here! We'll get you guys next time!" He threatened us before walking away with his men. Most of them limping, injured and helping each other to walk.

"Did I over do it? Maybe stabbing them was a bit too much. Aish! Who cares? It's their problem." You ruffled your hair.

You noticed EXO was staring at you. "What? Why are you guys staring at me like that?" 

You didn't get a response. "Tsk. Whatever. I'm off."

"Wait! Can we crash at your place?" Suho grabbed your arm before you could walk off, making you flinch at the contact.

"Mwoh? Don't you guys have your own apartment?" You were bewildered by the request.

Suho was about to explain everything to you and the others were about to begin pleading when you held out your hand. "You won't let me go until I say yes, will you?" 

EXO nodded in response and you could only sigh. "Aish. I just want to sleep. Do whatever you want."

With that said, EXO high-fived each other and followed after you. They were glad to have a decent place to sleep in tonight. You on the other hand weren’t fond on the idea of them sleeping in your house but the thought of going to sleep earlier got you to your decision. You can hear their explanation another time. You were half-asleep as you got on the bus. EXO piled in after you. You ignored them, lost in your own thoughts of sleeping in your comfortable bed. Three stops later, you pressed the bell and got off. EXO quietly followed after you. You trudged to your house, yawning every few seconds. You didn't even bother to push Sehun off when he walked extremely close to you as you were too tired. Once you reached your house, you opened the door and EXO came in one by one.

"There's two extra bedrooms upstairs. I’m going to sleep." You left them on their own to decide their rooming and went to your room. Glad that you took a shower at your workplace before leaving, you just changed out of your outfit to shorts and sweater before diving head-first into your bed. You were in dreamland even before your head hit the pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXO's POV

"Is she really that tired?" Luhan looked at your retreating figure as you walk up the stairs to your room. 

"Just leave her be. It's good enough that she lets us sleep here. So, the normal room arrangement?" Suho asked s. 

They nodded and went to their rooms. Suho, Chanyeol, Sehun, D.O, Baekhyun and Kai in one room while Kris, Tao, Chen, Lay, Luhan and Xiumin in the other. They were also tired and fell asleep soon after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

The next day...

You stirred in your sleep as you heard noises coming from downstairs. However, you were too lazy to get up to check it out and fell back to sleep.

A few minutes later...

BOOM!!!

You woke up with a start at the loud explosion. You quickly scrambled out of bed and ended up falling on your with a loud thud. Ignoring the pain and forgetting about your dishevelled appearance, you rushed downstairs to where the loud explosion had come from.

"Oh my god! What the hell was that sound?!" You were panicking as you ran down.

You gaped at the scene in front of you. Your kitchen was a mess, food was lying everywhere and your microwave had burst into flames. The 12 members of EXO were standing around the kitchen, making a huge fuss. You momentarily forgot that EXO had stayed over but memories of last night came flooding back. You grew furious.

"Who. The. . Messed. Up. My. Kitchen." You emphasised each word as you spat them out, glaring at each one of them menacingly. All of them pointed to Chanyeol and Xiumin.

"W-we can explain." Chanyeol and Xiumin defended themselves.

"Well, explain then." You demanded with your arms crossed.

"W-we just wanted to make something to eat but nobody wanted to cook so Xiumin hyung and I tried cooking and then... This happened." Chanyeol hung his head when he finished his pathetic explanation.

"We're sorry." Xiumin apologised.

You were about to explode and give them a piece of your mind when Suho interrupted you. "We'll clean this up. We're really sorry for the mess. It won't happen again. So please forgive us."

Hearing his words, you could only sigh in defeat. You just couldn't go against Suho. He was just too nice. "Fine. It better be clean by the time I finish showering."

You rubbed your temples as you head back up to your room to take a shower in your personal bathroom. A headache was starting to form from all the ruckus coming from the kitchen. You took a long, hot shower which helped you relax a little. You threw on a pair of shorts and a comfortable shirt on before drying your hair, after your shower. Once done, you went to your kitchen to find it spotless and very clean though the microwave was now gone. In addition, when you opened the fridge, more than half of your food was gone. You could only sigh in frustration. 

You walked to the living room and found all twelve of the boys sitting there watching tv. Sehun saw you first and nudged the rest. Suho switched off the tv and all twelve of them turned to look at you.

"You owe me an explanation." You simply stated.

"Well, you see... This gang ambushed us at our apartment and a fight broke out. It ended with us winning, as expected, but our apartment was trashed and everything was broken. Our landlady was furious as it was our second time destroying her house and we haven't paid her rent for almost two months so she kicked us out. We were roaming aimlessly around Seoul when we accidentally bumped into you. Then, you know the rest. And we decided to stay the night at your house." Kris bluntly explained.

"So now, we're hoping you would let us stay here. Since it seems that you live alone and you have extra rooms." Baekhyun continued.

"Please noona~" Sehun pleaded with his big puppy dog eyes. You almost gave in but you quickly looked away.

"What's in it for me?" You asked them while crossing your arms across your chest and leaning against a wall.

"Isn't living with 12 handsome guys enough?" Kai asked cockily.

You rolled your eyes and scoffed. "Tsk. I'd rather live with 12 monkeys."

"Hurtful much." Kai clutched onto his heart as if he was in pain. You ignored him.

"Ummm... We could try to pay you rent, help you with the chores and these idiots will stop harassing you in school." Luhan offered as he gestured towards Kai and Kris.

"Hey! I never agreed to such a thing!" Kai objected.

"Nobody cares about your opinion." Luhan bluntly replied.

*If they help me pay the rent, I won't have to work that much. Heh. That means more sleep. And if they stop harassing me in school, I won't get bullied that much so the chances of me exploding and getting expelled is smaller now. Heh.* You thought before finally agreeing.

"Sounds good. You guys can stay."

"Yay!" Sehun jumped in joy while some of them just smiled.

"Great. It's settled then. We're staying here." Suho smiled, relieved that they had a place to stay.

"Thanks a lot. By the way, won't your family mind?" Baekhyun inquired.

"As you guessed just now, I live alone. I don't have any family." You replied monotonously.

"Oh. Sorry. Didn't mean to pry. Uhhh... Why don't we formally introduce ourselves?" Baekhyun tried to lighten up the atmosphere.

"I'm Baekhyun. You know Sehun, the maknae. You should know Kris and Kai as they harass you a lot. And through the kidnapping incident, you would know D.O, Luhan and Chen." As he introduced them, Sehun waved cutely at you, Kris and Kai just smirked while D.O, Luhan and Chen gave you a small smile.

"I'm Suho. The leader of EXO together with Kris." He took your hand and shook it.

"Yo! You can call me Chanyeol oppa! We met before at the school garden, remember? And I'm really sorry about this morning." He grinned widely at you as he shook your hand.

"Not gonna happen. Yes, I remember. You're really different from that time." You replied.

“I’m Xiumin. The oldest.” He introduced himself before grinning cutely.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Tao and that's Lay hyung. He doesn't talk much around new people but he'll open up soon enough." Tao smiled at you and Lay only nodded in acknowledgement.

"Nice to officially know you. The name is Hyeri but I know you already knew that. I think you already explored the house so you know where everything is but I have a few house rules you need to follow." As soon as you said that, you were given disbelieving looks from some of them but you ignored them.

"1. No girls allowed. 2. No parties. 3. Do your own laundry. 4. Don't destroy or mess up my house, especially my kitchen. Lastly, you mind your own business and I'll mind my own. If you're not happy with any of them, you're welcome to leave." You gestured your thumb towards the door.

Some of them looked skeptical at first but they couldn't do anything about it since they had nowhere else to go. "Don't worry. We'll follow the rules." Suho assured you. You nodded, satisfied.

“Oh and by the way. We’re sorry to have been such jerks to you in the past.” Suho apologized.

“Glad you know.” You replied.

Suddenly, loud grumbling sounds could be heard all over the room. You looked at the time and it was almost lunch. None of you had eaten anything and were very hungry. You remembered the low food supply so you couldn't make anything for 13 people. Sighing, you went upstairs, grabbed your jacket and wallet and changed into jeans before trudging back downstairs.

"Noona, where are you going?" Sehun asked you when you walked past him.

"The supermarket. Where else? Those idiots who messed up my kitchen wasted most of the food." You sighed again.

"Wait! I'll follow you!" Sehun volunteered before disappearing to get his jacket.

In the end, the whole of EXO followed you to go grocery shopping though you didn't know exactly how that happened.