Grocery Shopping Gone Wrong

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV
 
You looked down as you walked to the supermarket. Everyone who passed by were staring at the 12 boys who were trailing behind you. You hated the attention you were getting. You prayed that somehow a hole would appear and swallow you up right there and then.
 
*Aish! Shouldn't have let them follow me! Everyone's looking our way!* You screamed in your head.
 
At the sight of the supermarket, you fastened your pace and quickly disappeared inside. You greeted the cashier with a nod before walking over to the trolley section to get one. You were about to grab one when someone grabbed the handle and pushed it instead.
 
"Hey! I got that -" Your words were cut off when you saw that it was Baekhyun helping you push the trolley. He sweetly smiled at you before walking ahead. You were slightly touched by his thoughtfulness. As you looked around, you saw the other members had already dispersed throughout the whole supermarket.
 
You caught up with Baekhyun and walked in front of him. You went to the frozen meat section first, grabbing some chicken and beef before placing them in the trolley. After which, you walked off to the other sections. It was really awkward between you and Baekhyun since the both of you didn't talk much.
 
Suddenly, running footsteps were heard heading your way.
 
"Noona! Can I get these, puhlease?" Sehun looked at you with puppy dog eyes as he held a handful of candies and ice creams.
 
"No w-" Your words were cut off immediately as Sehun placed his hand beside his cheek.
 
"Buing buing~"
 
You stared at him, contemplating for a while but eventually gave in when you saw his aegyo and pleading eyes. "Argh! Fine!" You couldn't help but to give in to his cuteness. Sehun jumped around happily and placed his things in the trolley. You heard chuckling from behind you but you ignored it and continued shopping for groceries. However, another voice interrupted your shopping.
 
"Riri! Can I get these chips, puhlease?" Chanyeol held out 10 packets of different flavoured chips in front of you. He widened his eyes pleadingly and jutted his lower lips in a pout. "Puh~ Lease~"
 
You stared at him for a long time, not saying anything. He jutted his lips even more when you stayed silent. "Aish! Only five! And since when was I Riri?!" You huffed and walked away. You heard more chuckling but ignored it. You thought that was the end of it but you were so wrong.
 
"Hyeri! Get this for me! Buing buing~" Tao cut to the chase as he held out a few bars of chocolates.
 
*No! Don't say yes to him too! Resist his aegyo!* A little voice was screaming inside your head but your actions showed the exact opposite. You nodded at him before face palming yourself. *I have got to get over my over aegyo.*
 
Chuckling were heard from behind you and turned around to see Suho and Baekhyun trying to stifle their laughter but to no avail. "It's not funny." This evoked more laughter from them. You rolled your eyes and walked away.
 
You were finally done getting all the foodstuff and was about to pay when you saw the pile of things in the trolley. "Where the hell did all this come from?!"
 
Your eyes widened at the amount of food that had mysteriously appeared. You looked over at the boys and found them avoiding eye contact by staring intently at the floor and the ceiling.
 
"Me buying you food wasn't part of the agreement." You pointed out.
 
"But we don't have money to buy our own food. Just this once." Luhan reasoned out.
 
You gave in and paid for everything, being the kind-hearted girl you are deep down inside. "You guys are carrying all the bags." They agreed willingly without any complains.
 
You glumly walked out of the supermarket ahead of the boys after spending tons of money on the foodstuff. However, you halted abruptly when you caught sight of a few men clad in black suits a few feet away. *Oh ! Dragons!*
 
"Hyung! Carry some bags too!" Sehun was busy complaining to Kai when he bumped into you. "Oh! Sorry noona!"
 
"Aish! Never mind! Suho, catch!" You threw your house keys to Suho who caught it swiftly. "I trust you with my house. Don't destroy it."
 
Before you could say more, you heard someone scream your name, with your sharp hearing, and you knew the Dragons had spotted you. You pulled up your hoodie and ran, leaving EXO behind.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
EXO's POV 
 
Just as they were about to question Hyeri, she had taken off. A few seconds later, men in black suits ran past them, screaming her name. They saw her turn into and alley and disappear with the men right behind her.
 
"Noona!!!" Sehun cried and was about to run after her when Kris held him back. "Let me go! We need to help her!"
 
"Remember the deal we made earlier? We mind our own business, she minds hers'. Let's go back." Kris calmly reminded the maknae.
 
"But hyung -"
 
"Kris is right. We can't go against it. Come on." Suho cut Sehun off before leading everyone back to Hyeri's house.
 
Sehun sulkily walked back, knowing that he couldn't win against his hyungs. All he could do was to pray for her well-being. He was starting to hate the rule. However, he wasn't the only one. And it was only the first day.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kim Hyeri's / Your POV
 
You turned into an alley and ended up at a dead end. With no other choice, you climbed over the brick wall with the help of some pipes. You knew they weren't going to give up that easily so you continued running and found a small opening in between two buildings. You squeezed yourself into the tiny space and held your breath, not daring to make a sound. You waited patiently as you heard footsteps and shouting getting closer. However, they slowly faded away. After waiting for another few minutes, you finally peeked your head out slowly to check if they were gone. You saw no sign of them and slowly walked out.
 
*That was a close call. Damn those Dragons! I don't owe them any money. My freaking dead stepdad did.* You cursed in your head as you walked back home. It was a pretty long walk since you ran quite far from where you lived. Your empty stomach rumbled along the way.
 
You finally reached the front gates of your house and grabbed the spare key from in between a crack in your house wall. You unlocked the front door and the delicious smell of food welcomed you. Your mouth started watering as you entered the kitchen. All of the members were seated at the dining table, enjoying their kimchi spaghetti. They looked up when they heard someone coming in.
 
"Noona! You're back!" Sehun cheered when he saw that you were perfectly fine without any injuries. The other members acknowledged your presence by nodding or smiling.
 
"Here, grab a seat. I cooked extra for you." D.O patted the seat next to him and you obliged. He served you a plate of his delicious cooking and you gratefully dug in.
 
"Thanks. It's really delicious."  You complimented him as you flashed him a short but genuine smile. D.O's eyes widened when he saw your brief smiling face. Sehun accidentally dropped his fork and Chanyeol did a quick spit take when they also caught you smiling. Unfortunately for Chen, who was sitting next to Chanyeol, he was the victim of Chanyeol's spit take. 
 
"Yah!" Chen shouted and glared at him. Chanyeol quickly apologised and helped Chen to clean up.
 
"Noona! You should smile more! You look really pretty when you smile!" Sehun grinned at you before he started eating again. The other members who didn't see your smile were puzzled by his statement but got back to eating soon after. You just looked back at Sehun with an eyebrow raised.
 
"Glad you like it." D.O managed to reply to you after being in a daze for a short moment. 
 
After that late lunch and early dinner, D.O, Lay and Luhan helped to clear up the table and wash the dishes. You decided to go back to your room to do your homework. It was already 8pm by the time you finished. You took a quick shower and laid down in bed thinking about your life.
 
*I wonder how living with EXO will turn out. I shouldn't get too attached to them. They might turn out just like the rest.* At this, you sighed and memories started flooding your mind. You quickly shook them off and decided to sleep early for the night. However, unkwown to you, a tiny crack was starting to form on your barrier surrounding your heart.