Bonding Time With EXO

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

 

"Hyeri-ah~ Wake up~" A soft voice called out your name. You stirred in your sleep but didn't wake up.

 

"Noona!!! Wake up!!!" Another voice screamed near your ear.

 

"Hmmm... Go away..." You sleepily mumbled before turning the other way and burying yourself deeper into your comforter. There was silence before you felt the side of your bed dip. You thought nothing of it until you felt something warm against you. Peeking an eye open, you shrieked in surprise.

 

"What the are you doing in my bed, ert?!" You kicked the intruder off your bed.

 

"Well since you didn't want to wake up, I thought I'd join you instead." Kai replied coolly with a smirk playing on his lips. You noticed that most of the boys were also in your room.

 

"What the hell are you guys doing in my room without my permission?" You asked, outraged.

 

"To wake you up. Duh." Kris replied, leaning on your door frame with his arms crossed.

 

"It's only 10am! And it's a freaking Sunday!" You shouted after glancing at your clock.

 

"We have somewhere to go so go get ready in 15 minutes." Chanyeol excitedly announced before walking out your room with the other boys, not waiting for your reply.

 

You groaned in frustration as you got up to shower. Not knowing where the boys were going to bring you, you decided to wear something casual.

 

*Since when did I agree to go out with them so easily?* You thought as you got ready but shrugged it off.

 

After having breakfast of cereal, you left the house with the boys.

 

"You're riding with me today." Xiumin chirped as he patted the seat of his bike. You hesitated, scared that his driving might lead to your death.

 

"Oh come on! I drive really safely." Xiumin sighed exasperatedly.

 

"Fine. But if I die, I'll haunt you for the rest of your life." You threatened as you got on his bike after putting on your helmet.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Where are the others?" You asked Xiumin when you got off his bike.

 

"Somewhere. Let's go." He brushed off your question as he held onto your wrist and led you somewhere.

 

"Close your eyes." Xiumin intructed and you unwillingly did so. The both of you stopped walking after a few minutes and he told you to open your eyes.

 

"Ta-dah!!" Xiumin spread his arms wide as he stood in front of an amusement park. Your eyes twinkled at the sight of the rides and stalls, a smile grazing your lips. Xiumin smiled seeing your happy self.

 

"Let's play!" Xiumin held your hands as the both of you entered the amusement park after he paid for your tickets.

 

"Ice cream!" You pulled Xiumin to the ice cream stall.

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo. What can I get for you?" The worker politely greeted you.

 

"What flavour?" Xiumin asked you.

 

"Cookies and cream." You replied simply.

 

"One cookies and cream and one vanilla." Xiumin placed your orders.

 

"Here you go." The worker handed Xiumin the ice creams after he paid for them. You were about to reach out for your ice cream when Xiumin held it further away from you.

 

"Call me oppa then I'll give it to you." Xiumin said.

 

"Xiumin oppa. Can I have my ice cream now?" You held out your hand and Xiumin gave you your ice cream, pleased hearing you call him oppa.

 

*Well it's about time to drop the formalities anyway.* You thought as you happily your ice cream.

 

"Xiumin oppa, let's ride that." You pointed to a ship that moved higher and higher.

 

"Since when did you call Xiumin oppa? You should call me oppa too." You turned your head to see Luhan pouting.

 

"Luhan oppa, let's ride that." You said as you dragged him into the queue for the ride.

 

"Woooo~~~" You gleefully squealed as the ship got higher and higher. Luhan stared at your smiling face with admiration written on his face though you were too busy enjoying yourself to notice it.

 

When you got off, you spotted a cute accessories shop in the distance. You may not look like the type of girl to wear those type of things but you liked looking at them. You grabbed onto what you thought was Luhan's wrist and dragged him over to the shop.

 

"Can you slow down. Geez."

 

*That doesn't sound like Luhan oppa.* You already had a feeling who it was and you were dead right. Kris was in no rush to catch up with you and lagged behind as you continued to drag him faster but to no avail.

 

"Can't you walk faster you stupid giant." You sighed.

 

"No." He replied harshly when he heard you call him stupid giant. You rolled your eyes.

 

When you reached the shop, you softly grazed your fingers on the pretty accessories as you passed by with a smile. Kris watched your movements closely when his lips curled upwards unknowingly. You picked up a cute band with tiger ears on it.

 

"Kris. Bend down a little." You beckoned him to come closer. He willingly did so and you placed the cute band on him.

 

"Fits you, stupid giant." You snickered. Kris looked in the mirror and saw his reflection.

 

"Yah! Who the hell said you could put this thing on me? And stop calling me stupid giant. I'm older than you." Kris hissed.

 

"I did. I will if you don't take it off." You went to the cashier and paid for it. Kris sighed as he agreed to the conditions. It was better than being called a stupid giant in public.

 

*Ding! Ding! I won this round!* You mentally cheered when you saw that the band was still on Kris' head.

 

*I'm only doing this cause it's you.* Kris thought to himself as he stared at your back.

 

*Where to next?* You tapped your chin in thought.

 

"Wanna ride the merry-go-round with me?" A gentle voice asked.

 

"Sure Suho oppa." You agreed without even having to look at him. His voice was recognisable and you had willingly called him oppa long ago, respecting him as an elder.

 

You picked a white horse while he chose a brown one that was right behind you. You enjoyed the soft breeze as it hit against your face gently. *This feels so nice. It's been forever since I get to relax like this.*

 

The next person to spend time with you was Baekhyun. He led you to a water shooting game stall. "Ready?" The worker asked the both of you. He started the game once you nodded your heads.

 

"I'll go easy on you." Baekhyun remarked.

 

"You don't have to. I'm good at games." You smirked.

 

Baekhyun and you sprayed the water at the targets, hoping to score higher than the other. In the end, Baekhyun won and received a middle sized teddy bear as a prize which he gave to you. After the game, you chatted with Baekhyun about random stuff until a figure walked up to you.

 

"I think it's my turn now." D.O notified Baekhyun who willingly parted with you.

 

"You hungry?" D.O asked.

 

"Starving." You replied, looking around for a restaurant.

 

"Follow me. I know a good place to eat." He said as he led the way.

 

D.O and you ended up eating delicious sushi for lunch which he paid for even though you insisted to pay for your share. "Let's just treat it as an apology for being rude to you when we first met." He said and you recalled the time when the both of you were trapped in a warehouse together. You laughed when you compared the D.O back then and the D.O that you got to know. Your laughter was like tinkling bells to D.O's ears and his stomach did flips at the sound of it.

 

"Noona! Ride the roller coaster with me!" Sehun latched himself onto your arm. You smiled at his cuteness that reminded you so much of your deceased younger brother.

 

"Arraso." You let him pull you to the line to ride the roller coaster, leaving D.O. When it was finally your turn, Sehun paled.

 

"Yah, are you ok?" You asked, concern etched on your face.

 

"Y-yeah. Perfectly fine." He plastered on a forced smile.

 

"Please don't tell me you're getting scared now." You looked at Sehun in disbelief. He laughed sheepishly. You rolled your eyes at him.

 

"If you're scared, hold onto my hand." You stretched out your hand for him to grab on which he did immediately. As the roller coaster got faster and faster, Sehun's hold on your hand tightened but you didn't mind. You gently squeezed his hand in assurance once in a while.

 

"Thanks noona. I thought I'd die without you." Sehun said when the both of you got off the ride. You shook your head at him.

 

"Your time is up Sehun-ah. It's my turn now." Chen appeared out of nowhere. Sehun was reluctant to part with you but Luhan appeared as well and dragged him off somewhere, promising to buy him a cup of bubble tea.

 

"Where to next?" You asked Chen, already used to the switching of boys.

 

"How about we go watch the performances coming?" He suggested and you agreed. He walked alongside you to the stage in the middle of the amusement park.

 

A huge crowd of people had already gathered in front of the stage. A few minutes later, the performances began. There were singing, comedic acts, magic tricks and more. It ended with an impressive dance showcase. You were particularly amazed by a hooded dancer who flaunts his moves so flawlessly. You had a shock when the said dancer pulled down his hood to reveal a familiar pair of eyes boring into you, complete with his usual smirk.

 

*I didn't know Kai could dance. And why is he looking at me with that stupid smirk? Pshhh...* You avoided eye contact with Kai.

 

"Enjoying yourself? Kai is really good at dancing, isn't he?" Chen asked. You simply nodded your head.

 

After the performances ended, Chen disappeared. Replacing him was none other than the always smirking Kai. "Liked my moves?" He asked you with a grin.

 

"Meh. I've seen better." You replied.

 

"Heh. Yeah right." Kai rolled his eyes at your response.

 

"Want me to teach you a few simple moves." He offered.

 

"No thanks. They're probably scandalous." You rejected.

 

"You know me too well." Kai smirked.

 

The both of you ended up walking along the stalls, occasionally stopping by to look at the things they were selling. You bought cookies, popcorn, candies and drinks which you shared between the both of you. You happily munched on all the goodies and admired all the pretty stuff that were on display. Without you noticing, Kai would constantly sneak glances your way and smile at himself. Your walk ended in front of the ferris wheel.

 

*Ferris wheel!!* You mentally squealed as your eyes twinkled in delight at your most favourite ride in the whole world.

 

"Get in line if you want to ride it faster, Hyeri-ah." You were gently dragged in line by Lay who was holding a guitar in his hand.

 

"What's up with the guitar?" You asked.

 

"You'll see." He smiled shyly at you, showing off his dimples.

 

"Mmm... Arraso."

 

It was finally your turn to ride the ferris wheel. You stepped into the cubicle followed by Lay. He sat right in front of you so that you were facing each other. You stared out the window at the mesmerizing scenery. Suddenly, a sweet melody drifted into your ears followed by an angelic voice. You turned your attention to Lay who was now strumming his guitar while singing a song. Your eyes widened in awe. Soon, you swayed along with the music, smiling all the while.

 

"Do you like it? I composed it myself." Lay rubbed the nape of his neck sheepishly after the surprise performance.

 

"Yeah. I loved it. It was amazing. I didn't know you could play the guitar or sing." You applauded and complimented him.

 

"Thanks." He smiled shyly.

 

*Always the shy one. Unless somebody gets hurt.* You thought.

 

The ride ended shortly after. Chanyeol was already at the exit of the ferris wheel to greet you. He had his usual grin on and was waving madly at you. You shook your head at the sight but there was a smile on your face.

 

"Riri!! It's my turn now to play with you!! Let's shoot hoops!!" He exclaimed as he brought you to a game booth. To win the prize, all the person had to do was to throw in as many balls as possible into the moving hoops and the higher your score, the bigger the prize.

 

You played the game first but constantly missed. You grunted in frustration. "Aish. Curse my short legs and arms." You angrily stomped your right foot. Chanyeol laughed at your silliness.

 

"Let the pro show you how it's done." Chanyeol proudly stated before he paid the worker for another round. Having long legs and arms, Chanyeol used them to his advantage and scored the balls into the hoop every single time. You crossed your arms in jealousy. At the end of the round, Chanyeol managed to beat the previous high score and received a huge fluffy stuffed dog as a prize. You eyed it longingly and Chanyeol noticed.

 

*I like dogs.* You sadly thought.

 

"You can have it, Riri. I'll just help you carry it for the time being." Chanyeol willingly gave it to you.

 

You brightened up instantly. "Thanks Channie oppa!!" You beamed up at him, not really paying attention to what you had called him. His heart skipped a beat seeing your smile.

 

"Hyung, it's my turn." Tao came over.

 

"A-ah. Right. Bye Riri." He waved as he disappeared among the crowd.

 

"Let's go somewhere else." Tao smiled at you and led you to his bike. You hopped on without any protest.

 

The both of you ended up at the beach and you stared at the breathtaking scenery before you. Tao and you strolled down the beach.

 

"I like to come here when I'm stressed to calm myself." He told you with a warm smile.

 

"Alone?" You questioned.

 

"Yeah. I like it that way." He beamed.

 

*He has a nice smile. Even though he looks cold on the outside, he's a warm guy on the inside. Just like most of the other guys.* You thought to yourself.

 

Your stroll ended at a picnic mat. The other boys were already there as they prepared the food. You and Tao walked over and joined them.

 

"Here Riri. Try this sandwich. It's delicious." Chanyeol held out a sandwich to you and you took it gratefully.

 

"Had a nice day today?" Suho asked. You nodded while you ate the sandwich. The boys smiled widely at their successful mission.

 

*It made me forget all about the pain.* You thought.

 

There was a comfortable silence as everyone ate their food while gazing at the setting sun. A picture perfect moment. You would never forget this day.

 

*Maybe. Living with these guys isn't so bad after all. I actually feel happy to have them around.* You smiled warmly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

No One's POV

 

Unknown to Hyeri, the barrier that she has built up has slowly crumbled with the arrival of these boys. But will it completely be demolished or will she build it up again? Is she able to still stay happy in the future?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A mysterious figure lurked in the shadows. A glistening pair of eyes that watches its preys closely, looking at the 13 figures enjoying their meal.

 

*Soon. Very soon.*