Reunion and Getting Adopted

Behind The Mask

 

You plopped down onto the soft couch and sighed softly. Leaning your back against the backrest, you draped an arm over your eyes. A few minutes later, another sigh escaped through your lips unknowingly.

"All right. What's with the non-stop sighing? I can't even concentrate on my work with you being all depressed." Yunho finally spoke up as he placed his pen down and made his way to seat right across from you.

"Nothing, Yunyun samchon. You should get back to your work." You shooed him away and dropped your arm on your lap.

"Doesn't sound like nothing to me. Come on, just tell me, princess. What's wrong?" He asked, as he looked at you warmly. You contemplated on whether or not you should tell him.

"Then, can I ask you for a favour?" You slowly asked, leaning forward with clasped hands as you stared at him intensely.

"Of course. Anything for my princess." He replied without hesitation.

"Well then... Can you..." You leaned in even further.

"Can I..." Yunho mimicked while leaning forward in curiosity.

"Mind..." You continued.

"Mind..." He repeated after you.

"Your own business?" You finished off with a straight face.

"My own business?" He mimicked before a silence ensued.

"Yah!!! Is this any way to talk to an elder?" He finally burst in mock rage after he managed to piece the words together. You doubled up in laughter at his reaction.

"Ohmi... Hahaha... Gosh... Haha... That was... Hahaha... Seriously... Haha... Hilarious... Ahahaha..." You manage to wheeze out in between your laughter.

"Is it really that funny?" He asked. You nodded while still laughing hysterically. He watched you as you continued to do so for a good whole minute. When you finally did calm down, you took a few deep breaths.

"I'm really sorry. I just needed a good laugh. But I really do need a favour." You apologised sheepishly.

"By favour, do you mean helping you take back EXO and providing you with money?" He guessed with an arched brow, looking at you expectantly.

"No. Why would I want them back? And thank you for your offer but I prefer to work for money myself." You stated.

"Stubborn girl." Yunho muttered under his breath though you could hear him quite clearly and chose to ignore it.

"What is it then?" He asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mwoh?" The person on the other line half-screamed. Her voice laced with disbelief.

"I will like to be Kim Hyeri's legal guardian so please get ready all the documents needed. I will be dropping off at the orphanage tomorrow to get everything settled. That is all. I look forward to meeting you. Goodbye." Yunho ended the call before Minah, the social worker in charge of you as well as the current orphanage owner, could protest.

"How did she react?" You asked.

"She sounded baffled." Yunho replied, remembering he tone of voice. You nodded, already expecting that answer.

"I'll be picking you up from school tomorrow so we can go and settle all the paper stuff." He continue. You nodded your head in understanding.

"Thanks, Yunyun samchon." You sighed, this time in relief.

*I'm finally free from her.* You thought.

"You know, if you have any problems you can always come to me. Any problems at all." Yunho stressed on the last sentence and looked at you expectantly. You knew what he was getting at and raised your eyebrow at him.

"I really appreciate your con-"

"We're here!" A voice screeched, cutting off your sentence midway, as the double doors burst open and three figures emerged. You sligtly jumped in your seat, startled by their loud entrance.

"Oh, you have a visitor." He pointed out once he saw you. Narrowing his eyes, he scrutinised your whole being with his upper body bent forward, hands in his pockets and what seemed to be an intimidating look. Yunho saw this and face palmed himself at the former's odd behaviour.

"Will you stop doing that? You're scaring Hyeri." Yunho scolded, slightly embarrassed by .

"Minnie samchon?" You blurted out after taking a closer look at the first man. He snapped back up from his bending position

"W-wait. Y-you mean Hyeri? As in Jaejoong hyung's little daughter, Hyeri?" He questioned with wide eyes.

"I'm not little anymore." You replied.

"Oh my god! You're still alive!" He screeched as he came running over to you, engulfing you in tight embrace.

"Y-yeah." You awkwardly patted his back while trying to get air into your lungs.

"My turn." One of the remaining men announced as he shoved Changmin aside.

"Remember me, princess?" He asked.

"How can I not, Junjun samchon." You grinned, remembering all the times that he took you out to play. He gave you a warm hug before he too was pushed aside by the last man.

"Chunnie samchon." You smiled.

"Glad you remembered." He grinned, giving you a tight squeeze.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner that you found her?" Changmin interrogated Yunho.

"I was going to tell you guys eventually." Yunho shrugged.

"Jerk." Changmin muttered before a devious smirk formed on his lips.

"Today is such a happy day! We got to meet Hyeri again! How about we all go eat to celebrate! Yunho hyung's paying!" Changmin shrieked as he grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the office.

"Wait what?!" Yunho screamed, baffled.

"That's right, hyung. You gotta take care of the younger ones." Junsu and Yoochun agreed as they strolled out after Changmin and you. Yunho was left sulking as he unwillingly trudged along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile...

EXO's POV

EXO-K was lounging in their room while the other half was with Yerin out in the garden. As the minutes ticked by, the members were becoming more and more restless that is until a knock was heard on their door and the head maid entered.

"Mr Jang wishes to see you in the lobby immediately." She informed them.

"We'll be right there." Suho replied politely.

As soon as the head maid left, the boys hurriedly fixed their clothes to look presentable and headed downstairs. Before they could even reach the lobby, they could already hear a commotion all the way from the hallway.

"Yenny!!!" The familiar voice that belonged to Yerin shrieked in happiness.

*Yenny? Who's that?* The boys thought in unison.

When they entered the lobby, they spotted a line up of maids and butlers, the other EXO members, Mr Jang, Yerin and an unknown figure being hugged by Yerin. EXO-K proceeded to join the other members, standing in a straight row.

"Ah, all of you guys are here." Mr Jang finally addressed the boys once he saw that all twelve of them were present. EXO bowed respectfully to him.

"I would like all of you to meet my first daughter, Yenny. Since there's twelve of you, you will also be protecting her. Please get to know each other well. Do not disappoint me." He instructed, earning a chorus of 'neh' from the boys. He soon left to his office, leaving EXO with Yerin and Yenny.

"Annyeong. Yenny imnida. I'm 18. Please take care of me." She grinned.

EXO could tell that she was a huge contrast compared to her younger sister. She was more of the outgoing and bubbly type while her sister was shy and quiet.

"Annyeonghasaeyo. We're EXO." The boys introduced themselves as a whole before doing individual introductions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DBSK's POV

"Ahhh... That was a delicious meal!" Changmin exclaimed as he settled himself comfortably in the sofa at Yunho's office.

"Psh. Of course it was. You freaking chose an expensive restaurant." Yunho grumbled which only made Chagmin grin wider.

Junsu and Yoochun also settled down on the sofa. Hyeri wasn't present as she had other businesses to attend to after lunch. Lounging around, the topic of Hyeri popped out and Yunho decided to tell the members about her life so far. Once they heard the whole story, guilt and remorse were written all over thir faces.

"We should've tried harder to find her." Junsu regretted not working hard enough.

"I know how you feel. We all do but we can't change the past. We can only try to protect her from now on. Make a better future for her." Yoochun wisely advised s who nodded solemnly at his words.

"Now about that Yerin girl..." Yoochun finally brought up, finding her a suspicious figure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day...

Kim Hyeri's / Your POV

As you stepped into school, gossips of a new girl was all over the place. Everyone was talking about how beautiful, y and smart she is. However, what caught your attention was the fact that she was seen hanging out with EXO. Walking to your locker, you accidentally bumped into them. Just like the rumours, the new girl was really beautiful with long silky black hair, a curvy figure with all the right proportions and gorgeous facial features. When you took a longer look, you could tell that she was related to Yerin.

"Oh, Hyeri-ah. Meet Yenny, Yerin's older sister by a year." Suho introduced. You nodded before walking off.

"Noona..." Sehun softly called after you. You heard him quite clearly but chose to ignore him and reluctantly walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School passed by in a flash with you doodling in all the classes and occasionally glancing out the window to stare at the sky. Once the dismissal bell rang, you packed up your belongings and strolled to the gate where you saw Yunho already waiting for you as he leaned against his sleek black Ferrari. You greeted him with a brief hug.

"Yunho hyung!" Chanyeol exclaimed from afar. Both you and Yunho snapped your heads toward the direction of his voice. EXO was seen walking out of the school together with the Jang siblings. Once they reached the gates, EXO bowed to Yunho.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, hyungnim." EXO chorused.

"Annyeong, boys." He smiled.

"Hyung, what're you doing here?" Kris asked.

"Just needed to pick Hyeri up. Now if you'll excuse us, we have some business to attend to." Yunho vaguely explained before he nodded in your direction. Getting the signal, you climbed into his car and waited for him to get seated in the driver's seat.

As Yunho drove off, you watched through the rear view mirror the confused looks that EXO had on their faces. Soon, their figures became smaller and smaller until they disappeared completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at the orphanage, you stepped out of the car and took in the sight of the familiar small building. After locking the car, Yunho stood beside you before leading the way inside. As you passed by the many small rooms, you noticed many new faces who stared at you. You reminisced the times when you were once just like them and smiled bitterly.

Finally, the both of you reached the office at the far end of the hallway on the first floor. Yunho knocked twice before entering with you trailing behind. The woman that you'd despised for so long was standing behind the old wooden desk, her face unreadable.

"You must be Jung Yunho. I'm Minah. Please take a seat. You too, Hyeri." She addressed the both of you.

After simple introductions, Yunho was bombarded with questions and it felt more like an interrogation session and you knew the reason as to why she was doing this. She just wanted him to slip so that she could deem him unqualified to be your legal guardian. However, Yunho managed to pull through and by the end of the meeting, all the important papers were signed and you were officially adopted and free from anything related to the orphanage. You smiled satisfactorily while walking out of the orphanage.

*Sayonara.* You bid the building farewell.

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Annyeong!!! I bet some of you guys are like "Finally, an update!". Hehe. I hope you guys like this chapter. Took me so long to upload this cause' the file for this chapter went missing when I was writing it halfway so I had to rewrite all over again. Updates may come less often now. Really sorry. I'll try my hardest to write faster. And I might not have time to reply to all your comments but I'll do so in my spare time. Forgive me? T.T

I have to prepare for like 3 tests and 1 quiz next week. Save me!!! T.T

Btw feel free to visit my tumblr:

http://candyliciouskpop.tumblr.com/

Please subscribe, comment, upvote and love~