Stalked

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

 

Class was about to begin for the day and you were already seated. Scanning the room, you noticed a few empty seats around you. *Weird. Where’d they all go? They’re always here on time.* You thought to yourself, referring to your missing classmates. Not really caring much, you turned your attention back to the greenery outside. *I wonder how she’s doing. I haven’t visited for a long time.*

 

You were brought out of your thoughts when Mr Lee, your teacher, walked into the class. “Class, as you may have noticed, 5 of your classmates are not here as they have been transferred to another class. So as replacement, 5 other students from other classes will be joining us. Please treat them well.” Your teacher announced.

 

“Boys, come on in.” Mr Lee’s voice was barely heard above all the excited chattering happening around the class.

 

You weren’t the slightest bit curious on the transfer students but that all changed when 5 familiar boys stepped into the class. Groaning inwardly, you slumped down into your chair. Squeals and groans could be heard from the girls and boys respectively.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo. Do Kyungsoo imnida. You can just call me D.O. Please take care of me.” D.O bowed slightly and flashed a small smile.

 

“Annyeong. Kim Jongin but just call me Kai.” Kai winked while saluting with two fingers.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo. Huang ZiTao imnida but Tao is enough.” Tao introduced plainly.

 

“Annyeong! Park Chanyeol in the house! Please treat me well!” Chanyeol grinned widely and waved with both hands.

 

‘Annyeonghasaeyo. Oh Sehun imnida. I’m the maknae since I’m 16. Please take good care of me.” Sehun bowed.

 

The girls squealed in delight after each introduction and ogled at the kingkas. “Just sit at any available seats.” Mr Lee instructed the boys.

 

Your eyes slightly widen when you realized that the only available seats that Mr Lee was talking about were the ones surrounding you. *Oh crap. They’re gonna be sitting near me.* You slumped further down into your chair. You could feel the heated glares boring holes into you but you simply looked away.

 

As the boys made their way to their seats, the girls smiled flirtatiously at them. Kai being the playboy, winked back while the other four looked slightly uncomfortable by all the staring. Upon reaching the empty seats, the boys rushed to get the seat next to you. It ended up with Chanyeol sitting directly behind you, Tao next to him, Sehun beside you, Kai in front of you and D.O next to Kai. You groaned unhappily at the seating arrangement.

 

“Mr Lee, can I please sit somewhere else?” You raised your hand and asked Mr Lee. But before he could even open his mouth, 5 other hands shot up as well. “If she moves, we move.” You mentally face palmed yourself as you mumbled, “Never mind.”

 

“Noona, I’m so happy we’re in the same class now.” Sehun chirped happily beside you.

 

“Well, I’m not. Why are you guys here anyway?” You asked him, slightly annoyed.

 

“It’s a secret.” Sehun winked at you while placing his index finger against his lips. You rolled your eyes at him before turning your attention somewhere else.

 

Slowly, you dozed off during lessons. You woke up with a start when the bell rang indicating lunch. The girls took this opportunity to talk to the boys so you decided to quickly make your way to the garden. You sat down at your usual spot, underneath the huge tree. You were quietly munching on a sandwich when you heard footsteps approaching you.

 

“Why didn’t you wait for us?” Chanyeol pouted as he sat next to you. The other eleven boys also settled down around you.

 

“Aren’t you guys going to eat lunch at the cafeteria?” You asked them, ignoring Chanyeol’s question.

 

“Too crowded. Besides, you look like a loner eating by yourself so we decided to accompany you.” Kris shrugged as he started to eat his sandwich.

 

“I like it that way.” You replied coldly.

 

Looking as how the boys weren’t going to leave any time soon, you just ate your lunch silently as the boys chatted amongst themselves. “Who wants to hear a joke?” Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows and waited for a response. When he got none, he just continued talking. “Why did the rapper carry an umbrella?”

 

“Because it was raining?” Baekhyun asked, sounding uninterested.

 

“Nope.”

 

“He didn’t want to get wet?” Xiumin tried.

 

“Nope. The answer is… Fo’ drizzle! Hahahahaha!!!” Chanyeol laughed hysterically at his own lame joke as the other members stared at him weirdly.

 

“Oh my god. You are so lame and weird.” You said your thoughts aloud which made all the other members laugh as they agreed with you.

 

“But don’t worry, we still love you.” Kris cooed teasingly at him.

 

Lunch went by pretty quickly and you stood up to leave when you felt someone sling an arm around your shoulder. On reflex, you grabbed the arm and pinned it behind the person’s back.

 

“A-a-ah. Hurts. Hurts.” Chanyeol groaned in pain. You immediately let go of your hold on him.

 

“Sorry. It was on reflex.” You apologised.

 

“It’s ok. But for a person who can only use one hand, you sure are strong, woman. Let’s just get to class.” Chanyeol grinned as he tried to sling his arm over your shoulder again but you shrugged it off only to have Sehun hook his arm with yours, dragging you away to class with the others following close behind. As soon as you reached your class, Sehun began chit-chatting away like no tomorrow.

 

“Aish. Will you keep quiet for just a bit?” You pleaded Sehun as he kept on rambling about bubble tea and stuff. He pouted at you but still kept quiet.

 

“Serves you right, maknae.” Tao .

 

Kai turned around in his seat to face you with a playful smile. “So, how’s it like to be surrounded by cute guys 24/7?”

 

“Annoying to the max.” You replied in a monotone voice. Kai seemed to have more to say but had to hold it in as the teacher came in for the next lesson.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"First, going to school together, then the transferring of class, then the sitting together during lunch and now, walking with me in the hallways?! Are you guys some kind of stalkers or something?!” You asked frustrated as you banged your locker door shut.

 

“Aren’t girls usually happy to be surrounded by guys?” Lay questioned.

 

“They usually are. It’s just her.” Xiumin replied. You scowled.

 

Envious girls threw death glares at you as you passed by them with the kingkas. However, you ignored everyone as if you were the only one walking in the hallway. You were out of the school and was going to make your way to the restaurant you were working at that day when somebody grabbed onto your arm and held you back.

 

“Where you going? Your house is the other way.” Luhan pointed at the opposite direction.

 

“Work.”

 

“I can send you. It’ll be faster if your ride my bike.” Baekhyun offered.

 

“No thanks. I don’t wanna die young.” You strongly rejected him.

 

“Why? Is little Ms Grumpy afraid of a little speed?” Kris teased. You narrowed your eyes dangerously at him and was about to strangle him when Sehun pointed out a certain problem.

 

“But your hand is injured. How are you gonna do your work?”

 

*Good point. Didn’t think of that. Aish. But I really need the money.* You miserably thought.

 

“Didn’t think of that, huh?” Luhan asked.

 

“I’ll think of something.” You replied before leaving them to go to work.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXO’s POV

 

“Hyungs, are we really just going to watch noona get more hurt?” Sehun stared at your retreating figure.

 

“Of course not. We’re going to help her do her work.” Suho replied.

 

“We are?” Kai asked in disbelief.

 

“Why not? It might be fun.” Chen shrugged.

 

“So why didn’t we send her off?” Lay asked confused.

 

“Because she might argue against it so we’re just going to follow her there. Let’s go.” Suho hopped on his bike and went off after Hyeri, making sure to keep his distance.

 

They don’t know why but they felt that they had to take care of Hyeri and protect her. This was just the beginning.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

 

“Are you sure you can work with your sprained wrist?” Your manager asked you, concern written all over her face.

 

“Yeah. Don’t worry about it.” You assured.

 

You were already changed in your waitress outfit and was ready to get to work. You lifted the tray with your good (left) hand and made your way out of the double doors of the kitchen to serve a table. You held in the pain as you used your injured hand to serve the food and continued to plaster a small smile on your face.

 

After about only 15 minutes of working, you could already feel the strain on your injured hand. As you were piling the used plates on the tray, it almost toppled over if not for someone holding it in place. You looked up and found yourself looking at Tao. “I’ll take it from here.” He smiled at you before lifting the tray off your hand.

 

“You shouldn’t strain your wrist any more.” A voice sounded from behind you and you turned to see Lay, who instantly dragged you back into the staff’s resting area and made you sit down. As you passed by all the tables, your eyes rounded in surprise when you saw all twelve boys working in the restaurant.

 

“Just rest here and let us do all the work.” Lay was about to leave when you spoke up.

 

“No way. This is my job so I get to work. You guys aren’t even supposed to be here.” You argued back.

 

“Just listen to the boy, Hyeri-sshi. They volunteered to help take over your place without getting any pay. You should be thankful to them.” Your manager popped out of nowhere and scolded you. Respecting her order, you sat down and heaved a defeated sigh.

 

Your 5 hours shift passed by in a flash, with you not doing anything for the most part. The boys, however, seemed to have enjoyed working there for the day, seeing as how they were still energetic afterwards.

 

“You can ride with me. I promise I won’t go fast.” Baekhyun offered for the second time that day and you complied, knowing that it would be faster than taking the bus home. You were glad that he kept his promise.