83

My Castle Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUSCF1b-UDs

  You had just finished your last class for the day. You played with the strings that dangled from your backpack as you exited the English building. The sun had fallen over the horizon like a yellow egg yolk. Unconsiously, your eyes drifted over to the Engineer building.    There was no sight of Yoonjung or her friends.    You quickly forced yourself to look away. *Stop it. Kai’s right. You need to stop and get over her.* You nodded to yourself and stomped off campus. The sound of a car swerving to the side of the road startled you. You blinked rapidly and eyed the expensive looking white car. The door to the car opened up like wings as the driver stepped out. He looked like a model as he leaned his arm casually against the hood of the car.   It took you a minute to figure who this stranger staring at you was. Your eyes widened then and a smile lit up your face. “Daehyun oppa!” His signature blonde hair was gone and was replaced with a soft dark brown that fit well with his striking black eyes.    Daehyun grinned and slammed his door. He walked over and spread his arm out. Seeing him made all the tiredness of the day vanish. You jumped into his arm and hugged him tightly. “Good to see you. It’s been awhile!”    “I’m surprised you still remember me.” He teased, flicking your head lightly. You smiled and shoved your hands in your jacket pocket. “How can I forget my number one oppa.”    Daehyun beamed. He looked around and he blinked. “Where are your friends?”    “Oh. They’re taking care of Angel Mart.” You told him. Daehyun’s eyes widened. Astonishment and surprise crossing his features. You peaked over and observed his brand new ride. You nodded your head in approvement. “Mercedes SLK gullwing... Nice.”    “Courtesy of mama Jung.” Daehyun sighed and crossed his arm. He studied your features and something told him that he had missed out on a lot. He nodded his head to his car. “Would you like to go for a drive a bit?”    You hesitated for a moment. You had promised Sehun and Tao you’d come to Angel Mart and take them out for ice-cream.    “Won’t be long~” Daehyun sing-songed. “I promise I’ll take you where you have to be right after.”    You caved in. It was such a tempting offer. “Sure.” Daehyun’s grin widened even more. He walked you to the door and opened it for you. You have never sat on anything as expensive as this! The moment you sat on it, your just sank right into the leather.    Daehyun began the engine. It roared to life like a wild lion before the sound gradually slowed down like a tiny cat yawn.    “Where are going?” You asked him, clipping onto your seatbeat.    Daehyun steered the wheel with a thoughtful expression. “Let’s go to that café near your house. My treat for dragging you with me.”   “Pft. I don’t let men pay for me.” You crossed your arms and looked out the tinted window. Daehyun stole a glimpse of you, smiled and continued to drive on.   ---   After much deliberation and pacing back and forth, Kai finally decided that he would go pick you up after school and talk to you one on one. It was right. He knew he had to talk to you. One way or another. He couldn’t let it drag on forever or else his heart would sink deeper into guilt.    It was a bit chilly today. Kai zipped up his jacket and watched the wind current rustle the leaves in the trees vigorously. He was sure that your immune system hadn’t healed yet since he often heard you cough late at night. In case you weren’t prepared for the weather, Kai brought along a scarf that he found in your room.    Upon crossing the street, he spotted two familiar bodies. He did a double take until recognition crossed his features. His face fell instantly. You were talking to Daehyun with that soft, happy expression of yours. His eyes flickered to that nice, luxurious car beside Daehyun and you. A hard lump appeared in Kai’s throat. Kai clenched his fist tightly and felt a pain shoot across his chest. *He can afford the best things while I can only earn money and give Maiden scraps...*    Kai watched as Daehyun placed an arm around you and walked you to his car. In that instant, he whirled around with sunken shoulders. His mind told him not to follow you two, but his heart told him another.    *I have two options here. One, I go home and trust that bastard not to lay a single finger on her or two, follow them.* Kai bit his lip as he thought. Seoul was quite small. He could easily track down where you and Daehyun have went...   Kai shook his head. *No. She’s already mad at me. Maiden has a sixth sense. She’ll know I followed her.... But... But what if he does something inappropriate to her?* A headache began to form in Kai’s head from overthinking.    He glanced back for a moment. His eyes lingering on the street that you and Daehyun had long disappeared into. He bit his lip and clenched his fist. *I must not let my jealousy ruin this.* With a final decision, Kai vanished into thin air. The faint sound of his heart was beating in the distance.   ---    “Two white hot chocolate,” the worker at the café said, as she placed down two steaming hot cups in front of you and Daehyun.    “Thank you.” The two of you chorused together.    You stared at the drink for a long time before looking up at Daehyun. “Oppa, don’t you usually get ice caffe Americano?”    “On a cold day like this? I think I’ll pass.” Daehyun shivered before bringing his warm drink to his lips. You couldn’t help but laugh.    Daehyun took a small sip and set the cup back down. He crossed his arms and watched you sip your drink. “So how are you? You look a lot skinnier from what I remember.” He frowned, his eyes probing you.    “I’ve been alright. I’ve been busy with school.” You said, nodding your head all the while saying these things.    Daehyun pressed his lips in a straightline, not liking what he was sensing. “How are mama and papadukes? I miss them.”    Your expression froze. You shifted in your seat uncomfortably. Your eyes were downcast as your finger tips played with the cup. “Um, well,” you cleared your suddenly fogged up throat. “T—they passed on.”   Daehyun’s eyes widened. His hand dropped from his cup. A small gasp escaped his lips. “I’
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter