60

My Castle Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnv1VG4HkiM

  The boys had woken up thirty minutes ago.    Most of them were still upset and grumpy from the events of last night. Kai had gone into your room to check up on you. He took a few deep breaths before materalizing into your room.    *Don’t blow it up, Kai. Don’t say anything that’ll make Maiden upset. She had a long night. It was not her fault. It’s not like she wanted to kiss that punk... Right?* He reminded himself.    When he felt the air shift around him and the scent of you flittering around him, his eyes fluttered open. The curve of a smile on his face slipped off and his face paled.    To his absolute shock, there was no you. His eyes searched around your room.    Your bed was made and empty. The cup of water he left on your nightstand was half full. Your curtains were drawn open. There was nothing but silence in your room, and the faint chirps from the birds outside singing their morning calls.    Panic arose in his chest and he glanced around your room fervently with wide, panicked eyes until he noticed something white on your bed. It was a piece of paper with black ink written over it.    Kai quickly darted over and snatched the paper off your bed. His eyes moved around wildly as he read your message. Half of him felt relieved knowing that you were okay, but the other part of him was worried and anxious about you. *What if someone hurts her? Why couldn’t she wait for us to wake up? We’d be glad enough to join her...*    “Kai,” he heard Baekhyun’s voice call his name. Kai turned around with the piece of paper in his hand. Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrowed together, noting your lack of absence.    “Where is Maiden?” Baekhyun blinked and stepped in. Kai held the paper out to his brother. Baekhyun read it once over before a frown settled upon his lips.    After a pause, he placed the letter back down on your bed.    Baekhyun understood completely why you would want a few hours of refuge away from reality. However, like Kai, he was still worried about your well-being, and hoped that you were okay and that you’d feel better by the time you come home.    “Come on Kai, let’s tell the others not to wait up for breakfast then.” Baekhyun said.   Kai stared at his hyung. He blinked fast. “Are we going to search for her?”    Baekhyun smiled a bit and shook his head. “No. I think Maiden deserves some time to herself right now. Especially being bombarded by so many things as of late, solitary is probably the best way to help her cope with everything. When she needs us, we’ll be there. We’re going to have to respect her and give her the privacy she deserves.”   Kai stood there in silence, though in his mind, he agreed completely with what Baekhyun was saying.    Baekhyun gave Kai a small smile. “Let’s go eat breakfast and should she not return by nightfall, then we’re in trouble. THEN we shall immediately go off and search for her. Though in my heart, I’m sure she’ll return soon.”    After hearing Baekhyun's words of assurance, Kai felt a bit better and nodded. He slung his arm around his hyung and the two made way downstairs to tell the rest of the boys.    ---   As expected, none of the boys were happy that you had gone off alone, but Baekhyun had managed to convince them that you needed your alone time. In his heart, he knew, and believed that you were strong enough to take care of yourself and that you were not foolish enough to stray to far out of town.    The boys surrounded the small living room. The TV was on but it played at low volume. None of the boys were paying much attention. Kris and Suho whispered amongst themselves. Baekhyun studied old rolls that he managed to dig up in your basement.     Chanyeol was antsy and he couldn’t sit still. Sehun and Tao paced back and forth, and eventually bumped into each other several times and resulted to shoving at each other for blocking one another’s way. While everyone else sat there, waiting... waiting... in stiff silence... they waited.    The door made a twist sound.   The two boys who were pacing back and forth stopped cold and spun around. Everyone sitting sat up. All of their eyes had grown wide and their faces expectant.    ---   You carefully slipped off your shoes. Before you could step into the living room, you felt bodies collide into you.    “OOMPH!” You managaed to grunt out. Two boys had attacked themselves at you.   “MAIDEN! WHY DID YOU GO OFF ON YOUR OWN LIKE THAT?! YOU GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!” Sehun pulled you away at arms length. He traced his index finger down his eye as if he had a tear rolling down.    “GODDESS! DON’T EVER LEAVE LIKE THAT! THANK GOD YOU LEFT A NOTE OR SEOUL WOULD HAVE VERY ANGRY ANGELS ROAMING AROUND!” Tao huffed from behind you.    The rest of the boys crowded the hallway. Relief washing over their once tense facial expressions to know that you were okay.    You let out a small smile at the two boys. You dishevelled Sehun’s hair and lightly socked Tao in the arm.    “I’m fine guys. You worry too much.” You said with a smile. Suho couldn’t help but note that your tone of voice sounded very far, far away. He frowned a bit.    The boys cleared a space so you could walk through them and towards the living room. You had your hands stuffed in your sweater pocket as you trudged in like a zombie.   You plunk down on the sofa with Chanyeol and Luhan sitting on each side. Sehun sat on the ground but squeezed himself through your legs and placed his body in the middle. You raised your eyebrow but said nothing.   After coming back from the clearing, you felt twice as exhausted. Fortunately, your headache was gone and your body was less tense. However, you couldn’t stop replaying what Zico said to you.   You had no idea what he meant by that. You didn’t want to know, but your mind kept reeling his words back in like a fish biting onto its bait.    Someone cleared their throat, making your reverie vanish and you to look up. You blinked for a moment until your eyes flew around the room. Everyone’s eyes were on you.    Each of them had an unreadable expression on their faces as they gazed at you. You sunk down on your sofa even more.   Baekhyun noticed your distress and tried to ease the tension around the room. “Maiden, are you feeling better?”   You paused before answering. “A bit...” You glanced around again and sighed. “But um, question... you guys were spying on me last night, weren’t you?”    Everyone stiffened. You always had a knack for knowing these things without having them to confess it directly to you.    Sehun pouted. “Maiden! How did you know? It was supposed to be a secret for us to watch over you like that!”   
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter