10

My Castle Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c7pKXY4PnU

  Kai had briefly explained to the boys about the situation that happened at school. Their voices were hushed as they murmured in outrage and anger. Chanyeol was about to bolt into your room first when Suho held him back. “Let Lay heal her first, Prince Chanyeol.”    With a hesitant but frustrated sigh, Chanyeol backed off. *Why couldn’t I have the power to heal? Instead I have fire. I have the power to hurt her, to burn her, but not to heal her. Bull...* He pouted deeply.   “Let’s go help out in the kitchen for now, yeah?” Suho smiled encouragingly and tugged a very reluctant Chanyeol downstairs.    It was the peak of dawn when the boys had woken up bright and early to make you a special and delicious breakfast. Since you always woke up and headed straight to school without eating, Baekhyun suggested the idea of surprising you with a hearty breakfast that will fill you up and put you in a better mood. In his eyes, it did look like you were losing weight ever since you came back here. Something that got him worrying since day one.   *Damnit. So my eyes weren't deceiving me...* Kris sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was ashamed and disappointed in himself; he failed to protect you, again. Kris and Luhan stayed with Lay for moral support. In case their clueless and shy angel Lay had a panic attack from being too nervous and antsy.    *Inhale. Exhale.* Lay reminded himself.   Luhan thumped Lay on the back agilely. “Be as gentle as you can, she’s fragile.”    Lay nodded before gently twisting your doorknob open; making sure not to make a sound come out of it. He was on the tip of his toes, making sure not to wake you up. You snored softly, and his body reacted to your simple sounds. His eyes widened in shock and horror when he bent down to your bedside. Underneath your angelic-ike features, were hideous purple bruises and long cuts all over your face. He swallowed hard. *How could anyone be this cruel?* He felt his heart tighten in his chest. *When we’re done with her, I demand to find out these iditioc mortals who did this to her!* He nodded to himself with vengeance.     Lay lightly placed his hand above the open flesh near your eye. A warm light illuminated from his palm and he enclosed his hand above your skin. He could feel the warm heat radiating out from his palm as it spread over your soft skin. Your eyebrows winced together in your sleep from the irritable feeling. Lay bit his bottom lip and then pulled his hands away hastily.    The flesh had closed up, and it was pink now. Satisfied, he turned his attention to your cut lip. *Oh my god.* He could feel himself growing more nervous than ever. Butterflies bloomed in his stomach before he even laid a finger on your pink, parted lips. Whether you were covered in bruises, scars and cuts, Lay still thought you looked absolutely breathtaking. With a deep inhale of encouragement, his fingers lightly touched your lips. The cut closed up and he retrieved his hands.    Next up was your hand.   He sighed once more. Although Lay loved healing people, he could only heal the physical aspect. Kai had told him that the bone in your hand was broken, but it was unfortunate that he couldn’t heal bones the way he healed skin tissues. He placed his hand over the teared skin, and enclosed the space between his skin against yours. A few seconds after, he pulled away. The flesh had sealed, but your hand was still limp and broken. He glanced helplessly at Kris and Luhan.    “You did the best you could, Yixing.” Kris assured him as he and Luhan came in. Their faces scowled in pain when they saw your tattered appearance. Although the wounds were healed, the sadness was still clearly written all over your face.    “Let’s make today an extra special day for Goddess.” Kris whispered quietly. Lay beamed and Luhan nodded their heads in agreement. “And whatever we do, let's make sure Goddess feels comfortable, okay? The last thing she needs right now is us pestering her with questions. If she wants to tell us, she will. We will pretend as if nothing had happened, alright boys?” It wasn't a statement, but an order. Kris sternly eyed the boys. Without hesitation, they nodded once before.   ---   The sounds of brisk knocking on your door woke you up. You jolted awake and looked around in a daze. *What the-* You looked over at your clock and sighed when you saw the time. You purposely took off your alarm since you decided to take a few days off school to cool down the angry heat you had for that stupid school of yours.   Surprisingly after spending time with Kai last night, everything you felt, the anger, the resentment, the sadness, the guilt was diminished. Instead, you felt warm, fuzzy and well... weird.   It was a good kind of weird though.   “What?” Your voice was hoarse and dry from the morning.    “MAIDEN! CAN I COME IN?” A bright, happy voice chirped. You didn’t realize how much you missed him. Before you answered, the person opened the door anyway.   “GOOD MORNING MY MAIDEN!” Sehun sang. You couldn’t help but crack into a smile.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter