45

My Castle Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfYmOwgpfY

  It felt weird being alone with Kris. It was your first time spending this long amount of time alone with him, other than the times back at the Kingdom, but the feelings then and the feelings now felt much more different.    You pulled out a cart while Kris walked a few steps behind you. You entered the supermarket and searched the aisles for items to get for tonights dinner. While you picked out the items and compared the prices, Kris watched you with a gentle expression on his impassive face.   He wasn’t good at portraying how he felt, and people always thought he was cold and heartless. But that wasn’t the case at all. It was just natural for him to appear emotionless half the time. It was hard to be himself in front of others other than EXO, but when he met you, you were so fascinating that he couldn’t help but tease you.    That’s the thing about Kris. If he didn’t like someone, his interest in them is zero. But when he likes someone, he tends to tease them unconsciously. At least that was his conclusion the moment the two of you met eyes with each other. It was a feeling unlike any other and the more he observed you here, the more he realized that by teasing you, it was his way of showing his affections.    Even if he did dare to say everything that you made him feel, he wouldn’t have the guts to. Not because he knew he was fighting a losing battle, but because... words would fail him. Words could never truly do its justice in incorporating how the heart truly felt. He could think of a million things to say but the words will never truly express his undying love.    “Kris?” You called, breaking him out of his reverie. You were looking back at him with the sweetest smile you could give anyone. He looked around and realized you were already at the end of the aisle while he stood on the opposite end. “Are you planning on living here at the supermarket or something?” You teased.   Kris rolled his eyes and jogged over. “The idea of me moving out must delight you so, huh?” You winked at him. “I’d be glad to leave your things here for you if you want.”    “That would be amazing... but we all know unless you live here with me, I won’t be going anywhere.” He mused as he lightly pushed your back. You laughed, sending musical notes into his ears as you pushed the wheels of your cart.    After arguing with Kris about what type of ice-cream box to buy, you two waited at the counter. You paid and Kris took the bags for you. You insisted on holding it for him but he kept saying no. Whenever you tried to grab a bag, he would bump his hips and you would just tip to the side.    “Just appreciate that I’m a gentlemen and I enjoy catering you, okay?” Kris said.    You gave him a look. “Catering? When did you learn to pick up such modern day words?” A smile threatening to form on your lips.   Kris saw right through you and winked. “A month of school is enough for me to examine how you humans behave and speak. I’m not like Xiumin who comes for the food and to sleep.”   You chuckled and hit his arm lightly. “Good one.”    The simple gesture made Kris’s heart to flutter in his chest. Usually he would watch you interact with the other boys so easily, and it made him slightly envious. He was wondering when your relationship with him would be care-free, but now here it was, right in front of him. A happy smile formed on his lips and he looked down at you.    “Thank you,” he whispered inaudibly. The wind blew slightly and you tucked it behind your ear. You felt his stare on you and you turned your head to curiously look at him. “What?”   Kris shook his head and faced forward. He could feel his heart hammering inside his chest. It felt alive, it felt amazing, and it felt real. These aren’t just the emotions that bounded him to you because you were his Goddess, but real, heart pumping, blood rushing, feelings. Now he truly knew how Kai felt whenever he looked at you. The smile never left his face as the two of you headed home. *Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be with you, Goddess.*    ---   After 3 hours of slaving around your kitchen and disagreeing with each other, you and Kris finally got the final products done for tonight. While you made tofu soup, dumplings, steamed buns and bulgogi, Kris was making his special Chinese recipes: shrimp fried rice, chop suey and deep fried turnip. You were a bit sceptical at first but considering that Kris tended to surprise you, you gave him the benefit of a doubt.    The entire kitchen was a mess and you didn’t know when they would step through the doors. You and Kris set up the table and plastic wrapped the meals so they could keep warm until everyone was home.    “We have to clean don’t we...?” Kris asked. He didn’t hate cleaning, but he was bad at it.    “Yes we do...” You looked over at him. He bit his lip and you lightly elbowed him. You gave him an encouraging smile. “Come on, the Kitchen isn't THAT dirty. It’ll take... what? Half an hour? Leggggo!”    Kris scowled.    You rolled your eyes but smiled. You balled your hands into a fist and fist pumped up and down as you flashed him an irresistibly cute smile. “FIGHTING!”    His scowl broke and he stared at you in surprise. For a second you thought he was going to raise his eyebrow and give you a smartass remark like he always did, but then... he doubled over in laughter. Your face fell. It was the type of laugh that sounded like he was laughing AT you. You punched him in the arm. “Shut up. Let’s never talk about me doing such an embarassing act like that ever again.”    He was still laughing when you passed him the broomstick.    You slapped him in the chest. “Seriously! Stop laughing! You’re the one wearing a pororo apron.” You grumbled and began squeezing soap onto your sponge so you could wash the dirty dishes.    Even as he swept the room, he was still snickering and laughing. *What the hell! Did I look that retarded or something?* You grew annoyed and you flashed him a look.    “STOP LAUGHING! I KNOW I LOOKED STUPID! SO SH!” Your face was red from embarrassment. For a moment, he stopped laughing. He looked up at you, and he pressed his lips in a tight line trying not to laugh, but ended up failing. He laughed even harder than he did before.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter