74

My Castle Walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX3qaC0-dX0

  The whole way home, all you could think about was the words Jaehyo said to you. Usually his words would either leave you utterly appalled and angry for hours, or leave your mind in an instant. However this time, his words have ingrained itself in your mind and clung onto every fibre of your mind and skin to the point you couldn’t shake it off.   His empty eyes, his piercing words, his heartbroken tears, and the way he gripped onto you as if he needed someone to understand the pain he was going to; it was definitely something you simply could not shake off.   However, seeing as how quiet the boys were right now as they watched your every moment, you realized how concerned they must be of your silence. You didn’t want them to be worry over such a little conversation like this. Thinking back to your conversation with Luhan a few nights back, the problems the boys deal with are far worse than yours.    Jaehyo was just drunk, you told yourself. You need to brighten up so the boys don’t worry. You have your parents, you have the boys, who truly love you. And you love them. Don’t feel this way.    As the thirteen of you hopped off the bus to head home, you turned around and began to walk backwards. You gave the boys your best smile.    Confused by your sudden shift of attitude, the lines of concern etched even deeper in their faces.    “Maiden,” Suho spoke up first. He took a few careful steps closer to you. “You don’t have to put on an act for us.”   You smiled brighter in assurance. “I’m not. I’m totally fine now.”   Suho frowned and held his hand out to you. Smiling, you reached for it and gripped onto his hand tightly. You glanced at the rest of your boys. “I’m completely fine. Jaehyo was drunk and he was going through a really tough heartbreak. Tough luck... but I know he can do much better. Miyung was such a anyways.” You rambled on, trying to ease up the atmosphere.   Each one of the boys glanced at each other in uncertainty. None of them wanted to say anything to deflate your happy (or trying to be happy) self right now.    The moment you unlocked the door and stepped into your house, the phone in your house was already ringing. Or, been ringing, to be exact. There was something strange to the ring though. Usually the rings were a bit more cheerful, and alert.   However, at this moment, the ringing sounded a bit peculiar and ominous. You couldn’t quite put a finger on it, but you knew the ring seemed... different. You quickly slipped off your shoes and ran into the living room to pick up the phone call.    Xiumin let out a sigh when you went into the other room. He kicked off his shoes and gritted his teeth at the faint memory that he had of Jaehyo back at the bar. He said, “What do we do? It seems like Goddess is pretending to be happy for our sake again...”   Chen clapped his older brothers shoulder. He didn’t know what to say either.    “Don’t blame her for that,” Baekhyun softly said. “Maiden has a lot old wounds she had yet to heal... it’s not easy for her to open up to us.”   Sehun frowned deeply. “We’ve been with her for almost a year, hyung. She should be fairly comfortable with us by now. We’ve done everything together and we’re connected, hyung. How is this possible?”   “She’s trying though,” D.O. told his maknae. “Maiden is trying her hardest. You can see that can’t you? She’s changed so much since she’s met us.”    “I’ve never met anyone more amazing the Goddess...”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter