The Beginning

Love in Disguise

 

            Yoona began to put away the dishes she had just washed as Seohyun grabbed her bag to go to class.  Yoona’s class was cancelled because the professor’s wife was in labor and the professor was needed at the hospital.  Yoona grabbed the dishtowel and began to wipe the two plates that she had missed.

            “Unnie, have you applied for more scholarships?” Seohyun asked.

            Yoona nodded, “I did, but there’s no luck.  90% of companies in Seoul don’t give out scholarships until it’s spring or summer.  I might have to skip a whole year of school.  This is depressing.”

            “Things will get better,” Seohyun encouraged her.

            “I’ll think of something,” Yoona tried to be positive.

            Seohyun then left for class leaving Yoona all alone in the small apartment.  Yoona had been trying to be helpful around the apartment by buying some of the groceries, cleaning up the apartment, and doing most of the laundry.  Ever since she started staying in Seohyun’s apartment, it was cleaner and more organized. 

            When all of the housework was done, Yoona brewed some tea on the stove.  When she turned off the fire, she heard the doorbell ring.  She raised an eyebrow and went to greet the unexpected guest.  She opened the door with caution and found herself bowing over and over.  In front of her was a highly respected businesswoman.  Yoona grew embarrassed over the fact that she was only wearing a pair of jean shorts and a white t-shirt.  Her hair was up in a messy ponytail, and she was wearing a pair of colorful toe socks. 

            “Uh…Mrs. Choi Eugene?  Hello, it’s nice to meet you,” she bowed again.

            Yoona knew exactly who she was.  Eugene Choi was known to be the woman that helped her husband put two major rival businesses in bankruptcy.  She was extremely intelligent, and she was very tactful in business.

            “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, too, Miss Im Yoona,” Eugene greeted.

            Yoona led her to the living room after Eugene gave a cue to her bodyguards to wait outside the apartment.  She shut the door and sat on a couch.  Yoona seemed to be very nervous and confused.  Why was a very busy woman visiting a college student?

            “Uh, ma’am, would you like some tea?” Yoona asked.

            Eugene gave a friendly smile and nodded, “I would love some tea.”

            After the tea was served, Eugene began to sip on the steaming tea.  She looked around the apartment with wonder in her eyes.  She had not seen something so simple since she was a teenager.

            “I don’t want to sound rude or pushy, but may I ask why you have visited me?” Yoona questioned.

            Eugene gave a faint smile as she set the mug down on the coffee table.

            “You’re probably very confused right now.  You don’t know why I’m here and what I want, so I’ll get straight to the point,” Eugene stated.

            Yoona watched the beautiful woman in front of her.  She looked extremely gorgeous.  Eugene had milky white skin, and her eyes shined with so much brightness.  Everything about her was appealing.  It was hard to believe that so many people were terrified of her.

            “My daughter told me about you.  Her name is Janey,” Eugene said.

            Yoona’s eyes were about to bulge out of her eye sockets.  Janey was Eugene’s daughter?  Yoona should have guessed it earlier because of their similar charms.  They both had the same attitude and personality.

            “And I have also sent some of my workers to retrieve your file.  I am aware of the many academic achievements that you have gained over the years.  I also know that you can play numerous instruments.  Janey thought that you only knew how to play the piano, guitar, and flute, but you also know how to play the violin and the clarinet.  You’re in the varsity band in your college, you take proficient cooking classes, and you’re secretly involved in a dance school as one of its teachers.  I also know that you have been residing in your friend’s apartment for the past two weeks because your scholarship funds had been cut,” Eugene revealed.

            Yoona couldn’t believe how much information Eugene had on her.  The power of money could do so many things. 

            “The reason why I chose to dig up your information and to visit you is because I want something from you.  I discussed this with my husband and we both came to an immediate agreement.  If you agree, we will award you with a full-ride scholarship, a new car, and a room in our mansion.  I’ll even give you a credit card in my name,” Eugene informed her.

            Yoona imagined having a full-ride scholarship.  She visualized herself driving a new car.  She pictured herself in a luxurious mansion.  She wanted it all, and she needed it.  She needed to finish college and make a better life for herself.

            “What would I have to do?” Yoona asked, “What do you want from me?”

            “We want something very simple.  We want you to pretend to date our oldest son.  He’s having trouble with his image, and we want you to help him with that,” Eugene exposed.

            She grew immediately confused.  How would pretending to date someone make his image better?

            “We have terms and conditions if you agree,” Eugene added.

            Yoona asked, “Why would you choose me?  There are actresses, models, and even other girls in my school that would do it in a heartbeat.  I’m just a simple girl.”

            “You’re simple, but you’re beautiful, graceful, and well-mannered, too,” Eugene gave a smile, “To add on to that, you’re the perfect girlfriend.  We have someone on the market that we would like to form an alliance with, but Ahn Kangta is the hardest businessman to negotiate with.  My husband has tried, but Kangta refuses to make a deal with us.  He also refuses to form alliances with other companies.  His company is like an independent establishment.  He doesn’t need another company for help, and we don’t need him either, but we want him to get stronger.”

            “How does this have to deal with me?” Yoona was curious.

            “Janey brought up an interview, and he mentioned you.  He said that he had his eye on you and that he respects you.  If you pretend to date our son, you can convince him to have a partnership with our company.  Our oldest son is the next in line to take over the company, and I know that Kangta has been judging him based on what he hears from others.  We want you to make it convincible that our son is capable to do business with,” Eugene told her.

            “What if your son is not capable?” Yoona contradicted.

            Eugene replied, “He is, but he’s just on the wrong track.”

____________________________

 

            “This is discrimination!” Jiyong roared.

            Jiyong had asked the instructor if it was okay for him to join the class. The men’s class was too easy for him.  He even asked the instructor if there was space, and she said there was.  There was one more space, and he wanted it.  Whoever graduated at the top of their class in that school was put on the radar of many fashion designers. 

            “Calm down, Jiyong,” Geun Suk chuckled, “You don’t belong there.  Your parents want you to take care of the company with your brother once you graduate.  Will you have time to design clothes?”

            “Shut up!” Jiyong pouted.

            Jiyong passed Geun Suk the basketball.  Geun Suk caught it and made a three-pointer shot.  Geun Suk flashed a luminous smile after seeing that the ball made it through the hoop.  Everyone on the basketball team had gone home, but Jiyong and Geun Suk decided to stay a little later to practice a bit more.

            Both drenched in sweat, they put down the ball and headed for the locker rooms.  When they arrived in the locker rooms, they both began to change out of their drenched shirts and shorts into jeans and shirts. 

            “They don’t need me on the company,” Jiyong snorted, “Hyung is the perfect guy for the company.  He’s charismatic and he rules with an iron fist.  I have zero interest in being a vice-president.”

            “Your parents will never approve of this,” Geun Suk burst his bubble.

            Jiyong lowered his head, “I know they won’t.”

___________________

 

            Yoona had accepted the offer almost immediately.  She needed that money for school.  If she didn’t pay her tuition in another week, she would have to drop out a semester.  Eugene had explained to her all of the circumstances and conditions.  She had to uphold the image she had.  She had to help the Choi family get close to Ahn Kangta so that he would agree to form a partnership.  She had to pretend to date her son with intentions of getting married one day when they were older.  She had to live with them, and she had to attend most of the social events that the Choi family was invited to.  She also had to act like a loving couple with her son especially in public.  The last condition left Yoona in confusion.  Eugene said that as long as the deal is on, she had to take birth control pills.  Yoona didn’t understand, so Eugene explained that she was fully aware of how charismatic her son was with women.  Although she had scolded him, he was never tamed.  The last thing Eugene wanted was a scandal that Yoona was pregnant by her son.  Yoona agreed to all the terms and signed the contract.  She knew that she wouldn’t do anything with him.

            Seohyun took the courtesy to give Yoona a dinner party with only their close friends in celebration over her new scholarship.  Eugene warned her to not tell anyone about the plan.  She was told to reveal to her friends that she was in love with her son.  Eugene said that if her friends knew the truth, they might have it slip out of their mouths and into the knowledge of the press. 

            Yoona felt nervous.  She had never lied to her friends.  Yoona rubbed her full belly as she pushed away her plate.  She bit her lip nervously as she swallowed.  She needed to keep the secret or the agreement wouldn’t be intact.

            “Guys, I have an announcement,” Yoona finally said.

            Nichkhun, Fei, Seohyun, Yuri, Sunny, and Bora stared at her with their full attention.  Yoona stood up and gave a nervous smile.

            “What is it, Yoona?” Bora asked her.

            Yoona fiddled with her fingers as she tried to announce it to them.

            “You see…there’s more to the scholarship.  I have something that I need to tell you guys.  I’ve been hiding it all along because I was afraid that you guys would be shocked,” Yoona started, “I’m dating Choi Eugene’s oldest son.”     

            Yoona didn’t know if she was able to persuade her friends that she was dating a rich heir.  She had never had a boyfriend, and she wasn’t very good at stretching the truth.

            “Choi Seunghyun?  You’re dating Choi Seunghyun?” Fei confirmed.

            Yoona concealed the shock she felt.  Eugene had never told her that it was Choi Seunghyun.  Yoona didn’t even know that Choi Seunghyun was an heir.  He was just a dumb jock in the university!  She didn’t even know that Seunghyun had such a respected family. 

            “Y-yes, I’ve been dating Choi Seunghyun for the past month,” Yoona stuttered, “I wanted to tell you guys, but I was afraid that you guys would make fun of me that I was dating a guy like him.”

            “I’m shocked,” Yuri admitted, “I never thought a guy like him would end up with a girl like you.  He’s one of Taeyang’s best friends.  We should double date one day.”

            Nichkhun interfered, “I don’t like him.  He’s a player.  Yoona, what are you doing with a man like him?  He womanizes all the time!”

            “He’s…he’s different now,” Yoona managed to say, “I think he’s serious about this relationship.”

            “I don’t like this at all,” Nichkhun repeated, “You’re way too good for him.”

 

___________________________________

 

            Eugene had just broken the news to Seunghyun.  Seunghyun seemed to be outraged, but he hid his emotions.  He knew that if he had an outburst in front of his parents, they would scold him and take away everything.  Seunghyun grabbed onto his hair in frustration as he gave a sigh.   Janey was clapping her hands with glee while Jiyong watched from the sidelines.

            “We’re only doing this for your own good!” Eugene chided.

            Seunghyun declared, “I can find my own girlfriend!”

            “You can’t find out that we approve of!  You always date those cheap, worthless women!” Eugene argued, “If you don’t do this, you will not be president of the company.  I can promise you that!  It’s not like you’re really dating her!  You two are just pretending!”

            “Mom, I can’t do this!” Seunghyun whined.

            “You’ll have to!” Eugene scolded him.

            After Eugene confronted Seunghyun, Seunghyun excused himself to go to his room.  Eugene immediately left and went to her bedroom.  She knew that she needed to give Seunghyun some space to let it soak in.  He knew that he had responsibilities and he failed to uphold them, so Eugene had to step in and help him.

            Jiyong knocked on Seunghyun’s door and soon entered his older brother’s bedroom.  He saw Seunghyun holding onto his bedroom’s balcony railings with one hand while he held a glass of wine in another hand.  Jiyong gave his brother an encouraging smile as Seunghyun returned a weak smile.

            “So, mom got pushier, huh?” Jiyong asked.

            Seunghyun nodded, “Yeah, she did, but she has always been like that.  I guess it’s my fault, too.  I shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing right now.  I set a bad example for you.  I showed you that womanizing was okay.  It’s really not.  I get tired.”

            “Hyung, don’t blame it all on yourself.  You’re trying your best,” Jiyong told him.

            Jiyong knew how much Seunghyun had on his shoulders.  He was expected to be the perfect person.  Jiyong didn’t know how he handled it.  Jiyong couldn’t even handle the thought of being a vice-president.  He didn’t know how Seunghyun handled the fact that he was going to be the head of a multi-million company as soon as he graduates from college.

            “Sometimes, I wish that my life wasn’t written for me.  I wish it wasn’t written for us.  Our parents have our lives planned out.  Janey’s the lucky one, and I’m glad that she doesn’t have to deal with what we have to go through.  She’s free to be whoever she wants,” Seunghyun spoke.

 

________________________________________

 

            Jiyong laid in his bed as he began to ponder to himself.  He didn’t know what to do.  He was confused because of an absurd dilemma.  He thought that the decision would be easy to make, but he couldn’t decide.  He had to choose between following his dreams and making his family proud.  He sighed loudly as he stared at the ceiling.  Why was the life of an heir so difficult?  Sure, heirs and heiresses had all the material things they wanted, but they never had the luxury of becoming whoever they want. 

            He then felt a tongue his cheek.  Jiyong laughed while he pushed away the chubby dog. 

            “Gaho, stop it!” he chuckled.

            Jiyong had Gaho for about two years now.  Seunghyun also had a dog named Charlie, and Janey decided to outshine her brothers by asking her parents for a pony.  Jiyong petted the top of Gaho’s head while Gaho lowered his head on the bed.

            All of a sudden, Jessica’s face flashed before his eyes.  Why was he thinking of her?  He quickly sat up as he tried to shake Jessica away from his mind.  He couldn’t believe that he even thought of her before he planned on sleeping.  He then began to wonder what was going through her mind when she met him for the first time.

            He was sure that she had talked a lot of crap about him to Sooyoung as soon as Jiyong left.  She was probably underestimating his abilities in designing and styling.  Jiyong felt that he was superior to her.  He was good at designing, and he was proficient in photography.  He was sure that she didn’t know how to take pictures professionally.  He pictured her mocking him about not being able to enter that class.  She knew that the class would be good for him if he ever got in.  If he was a woman, he knew that he would dominate that class.

            That was when an idea hit him.  He immediately stood up and grabbed his iPhone on his bedside table.  His fingers quickly dialed a number and then pressed it against his ear.

            “Jiyoung!  It’s your oppa!” Jiyong greeted.

            Jiyoung was one of his younger cousins.  She was always teased with Jiyong when they were younger because they had similar names.  Everyone in the family always tormented them that they were twins.

            “Listen, I have something I want to tell you,” Jiyong continued.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

            Jiyoung clapped her hands together quickly as Jiyong handed her a plane ticket.  Jiyong managed to get his hands on first class airline tickets for Australia.  He gave a smile as Jiyoung hugged him tightly. 

            “Thank you, oppa!  My crush will finally realize that I’m the one for him!  This is the best birthday present ever!” she grinned as she pressed the plane ticket against her chest.

            Jiyong felt guilty because he was technically using her.  This was part of his plan.

            “Now, don’t tell anyone that you’re going to Australia.  If my parents, your parents, or any of our uncles and aunts figures out that you went to Australia for three months, then they’ll fetch you to come back.  Keep this a secret, okay?” Jiyong reminded her.

            Jiyoung smiled, “Of course!  I will not get you or me in trouble!”

            It was all part to Jiyong’s master plan.  He paid for her trip to Australia.  He paid for her condo, rental car, and even gave her a credit card.  He lied to her and told her that he would need her ID in exchange for his ID so that she could use his credit card in Australia.  He needed her identity.

            “You better watch it over there.  If there’s any funky business with that guy, I’ll come and get you!  Don’t do anything risky!” Jiyong lectured, “I’ll have people watching you!”

            She knew that he wasn’t messing around.  He was rich and he was capable of doing anything.  Jiyoung nodded and hugged her older cousin.  Even though he like there was no tomorrow, he was protective like her other older male cousins. 

            Jiyong couldn’t help but smile at how important this was for Jiyoung.  He felt guilty for using her identity while she was gone, but he couldn’t deny the fact that she was benefiting also.

            “Just be safe there,” he whispered, “If you run into trouble or need any help in anything, just call me and I’ll be there.”

 

_____________________________________________________________________

            Yoona felt her hair getting yanked as the hair stylist continued to brush through her hair roughly.  Yoona it up and refused to show one bit of pain.  It wasn’t as worse as she felt when they threaded her eyebrows.  It wasn’t a painful as when they waxed her legs.  She was brave enough to go through all those treatments without crying a single teardrop.

            “Ah, I think we’re finally done,” the stylist clapped her hands together.

            Yoona turned around and saw her reflection.  She couldn’t believe the woman she saw in the mirror.  She gently touched her face with her hand as Janey patted her back to gain her attention.

            “Let’s go now,” she smiled, “You have to meet oppa!”

~~~

            Seunghyun leaned against the doorway as he crossed his arms against his chest.  He watched his younger brother packing his clothes.  Jiyong had a numerous amount of luggage due to his big closet full of clothes.  Seunghyun didn’t know how he fit everything in. 

            “Why are you leaving again?” Seunghyun asked.

            “I have to go because there’s a business workshop there,” Jiyong lied.

            He felt guilty that he couldn’t even tell his brother the truth.  Seunghyun was the man that he trusted the most, and he couldn’t even tell him this secret.  Jiyong promised himself that he would explain everything to Seunghyun after it was done.  He knew that Seunghyun would understand him.

            Seunghyun uttered, “Wow, that’s the first time you showed an interest in business.”

            “I need to get used to it,” Jiyong reasoned, “Hey, shouldn’t you be getting ready?  You’re going to meet your new ‘girlfriend.’  You should try to look pretty or something.”

            “There’s no point.  I bet mom chose an ugly, nerdy girl that is known by the smartest professors and scientists in Seoul.  I just can’t believe that I have to pretend to date her.  I’m afraid to find out how she looks like,” Seunghyun cringed.

            “You haven’t been in a relationship since—,” Jiyong was cut off.

            Seunghyun interrupted him, “Don’t bring it up.  I hate talking about it.”

            Jiyong nodded as he chose to ignore the subject.  He knew that he wasn’t supposed to talk about it.  It was part of the past that Seunghyun chose to forget.

            “Jiyong!  Seunghyun!  Please come down here and meet our new guest!” they heard their mother call from the bottom floor.

            Seunghyun rolled his eyes with annoyance.  He was going to meet the woman that he was supposed to be crazy about in front of the press.  Seunghyun trudged down the stairs as Jiyong followed him with eagerness.  Seunghyun’s eyes were glued to the floor waiting for the last possible second to take a look at the woman.  Jiyong’s eyes grew wide as his jaw dropped.

            Like Seunghyun, he thought that his mother would choose an unattractive woman.  The woman in front of them had long brown hair.  She barely had any makeup on, and she was wearing a yellow spring dress with white sandals.  She bowed to them with respect.

            “Wow, she’s gorgeous,” Jiyong breathed.

            Seunghyun looked up from the floor and saw the woman his mother had selected.  He was taken aback.  He didn’t expect it to be her.  It was Im Yoona!  He was going to pretend to date the biggest nerd on campus!  The only thing was that she didn’t look like herself.  She usually came to class dressed comfortably, but she was now dressed nicely.  Her hair looked healthier and her face seemed to glow more. 

            Yoona looked back at him with a nervous smile.  She didn’t know how to introduce herself.  She was sure that he didn’t know who she was.  In school, she was nobody.  She wasn’t part of the popular crowd.  She was part of the varsity band, and he probably never set eyes on her.  Yoona took a deep breath and decided to be as cooperative as she can.  If he acted respectful to her, she would be respectful to him, too. 

            “Hi, my name is Im Yoona.  It’s nice to meet you,” Yoona bowed.

            To everyone’s surprise, Seunghyun didn’t bow back.  He tilted his head and scoffed to himself.  The mocking smile on his face angered Yoona.  She hid her rage by squeezing onto the hem of her dress.  She swallowed the saliva in and looked at him sternly.

            “Mom, don’t tell me I have to date this nerd!” Seunghyun laughed.

            Jiyong’s eyes widened as Eugene shot Seunghyun a dirty glare.  Janey crossed her arms and gave a disapproving pout.  Seunghyun was acting very rude to her!

            “Seunghyun, watch your mouth!” Eugene ordered.

            Jiyong agreed, “Yeah, hyung.  You’re being a bit harsh.  She’s just here to help you.”

            “She’s not here to help me,” Seunghyun replied, “She’s here to make money off our family.  Without the awards, she wouldn’t agree to do this.”

            Yoona pressed her lips together as she continued to hide the fury she was holding in.  If Eugene was not in her presence, Yoona would have probably battled it out with Seunghyun with her words.  She did not understand what she had done wrong to make Seunghyun so rude to her.

            “Excuse me,” Yoona announced to Eugene, Janey, and Jiyong, “I need to unpack my things in my bedroom.”

            Eugene gave a little nod and then Yoona walked off to her bedroom.  As soon as Yoona left, Eugene pointed a daring finger at Seunghyun.  He shrugged his shoulders as Eugene continued to leer at him.

            “How dare you speak to her like that?” Eugene nagged, “She can either make you or break you!  With her by your side, you can get the biggest investment once you become president!  She’ll make you look as if you give a damn about your morals!  Ahn Kangta likes people like her!”

            “Mom, she’s useless,” Seunghyun argued, “I can do it by myself.”

            Eugene shook her head, “Reports claimed that Ahn Kangta had observed you.  So far, he only knows that you’re a rich womanizer that’s going to take over his father’s company soon.  He won’t do business with you.  That man puts his morals before anything else!  You go to Yoona’s room and talk to her now!”

~~~~~~~

 

            Yoona marched to her room with the pride she had left.  Seunghyun was just so cruel!  She looked at the door to her bedroom and saw a door across from it.  She hit her forehead with her palm as she remembered what the maids have told her.  They told her that it was Seunghyun’s room.  Seunghyun’s room was just across from hers.  She took a deep breath and twisted the doorknob to her room.

            As soon as she entered the bedroom, she was in awe.  It was as if all the worries she had begun to melt away.  The room was larger than Seohyun’s apartment.  It had a queen-sized bed, a luxurious bathroom, a spacious walk-in closet, and a 50-inch flat screen plasma television.  Yoona’s jaw dropped.  She ran into the closet and saw that some of her clothes were already in there.  The maids neatly organized them. The other side of the closet was filled with pretty dresses, expensive coats, and other clothes.  Yoona was just amazed!

            “Whoa, this is unbelievable!” Yoona told herself.

            “Yes, it is,” she heard a voice call out.

            Yoona turned around and saw the demon she had just met a few minutes ago.  She took a deep breath and crossed her arms as he entered her room.  He plastered an artificial smile on his face to see how amazed she was at such luxurious things.

            “This room was empty until mother announced that we would have a woman living with us.  My mom designed the whole bedroom from the wallpaper to the carpet.  She chose the furniture, too.  Jiyong volunteered to help and selected the best clothes for you.  He ordered them online.  It took him all night to choose,” Seunghyun informed her.

            Yoona looked down, “I’ll thank them later.”

            She thought he was going to leave and go into his room, but instead, he sat on her bed comfortably.  Yoona fought the urge to roll her eyes in irritation over his presence.

            “You might not enjoy it here.  I’m hard to handle,” Seunghyun warned her.

            Yoona knew exactly what he was trying to do.  He was trying to scare her so that she could leave.  She didn’t want to do this as much as he did, but it was needed.  He needed her, and she needed him.  She needed money for college, and he needed a good image.

            “I know you’ll be hard to handle,” Yoona agreed.

            Seunghyun was a bit surprised at her reply.  He expected her to beg him to make life easier in the mansion for her, but she completely addressed the fact that she knew that he would be a problem.

            “You might think that I’ll run away because I’m like those other girls,” Yoona smiled, “You don’t know that I’m different.  Those girls that you dated and played are nothing like me.  Unlike them, I have goals in my life.  I have principles and beliefs that I follow.  I don’t have my daddy’s bank account to rely on.  I rely on myself.”

            Seunghyun stood up and slowly approached her.  With a smirk on his face, he pulled her in by holding her waist.  When he did that, women fell in love instantly.  To his surprise, she pulled away and kept her distance.

            “First rule is that there will be no skin-to-skin contact unless it is absolutely necessary,” Yoona announced.

            Seunghyun raised an eyebrow, “There’s rules?”

            “Yes,” Yoona nodded, “There is no skin-to-skin contact.  The second rule is that you respect my space and my belongings; I will also respect yours.  The last rule is that we must cooperate with each other.  Don’t do anything that will make this not believable.  Both of our futures depend on this.”

_______________________

 

            Jiyong’s breathing began to grow heavy as he adjusted the wig on his head.  He didn’t know if he was able to pull it off or not, but it was worth a try.  He walked into the school with his bags.  He told his family that he was going to take a trip to Australia for a workshop.  Instead, he sent his cousin off to Australia, took her identification cards, and used it to get into the school he wanted to attend. 

            He walked through the hallway to the dorms of the school.  He was informed that there was one last space, and he was one of the lucky ones.  He carried his luggage while he looked for room number 9.

            Then he saw a dark-haired woman walking by with a phone in her hand.  She seemed to be texting someone.  Before she could look up, she bumped into Jiyong.  Because of the impact, she fell to the floor and landed on her .  Jiyong tried to give a feminine smile as he helped her up.  He took her hand and pulled her up in one swift motion.

            “Wow, you’re strong!” the woman claimed.

            Jiyong wanted to hit himself.  Women weren’t supposed to have a man’s force!  He should have lowered his strength a bit.  Jiyong then gave a shy smile.

            “Sorry, I’m an athlete.  I did shot-put in high school,” Jiyong said.

            The woman smiled back at him and bowed.

            “Well, thank you for helping me up.  My name is Hwang Tiffany.  I’m a transfer here from California.  I transferred about a year ago,” Tiffany introduced herself.

            Jiyong bowed back to her.

            “My name is Kang Jiyoung,” Jiyong lied.

            Tiffany’s eyes grew wide, “You’re the new student here!  I’m glad to have another sister join our school!  Sorry if you feel uncomfortable about that.  We tend to call all of the students here our sisters.  I think it’s because it’s an all female school.”

            “Oh, I don’t mind!” Jiyong laughed nervously, “By the way, do you know where room 9 is?”

            Tiffany’s eyes grew even bigger to hear that Jiyong was going to sleep in room 9.  Tiffany squealed out in excitement as she grabbed his hand and led him to room 9.  On the way to the room, Jiyong saw a few familiar faces.  He saw Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung.  He didn’t know that they attended the school.

            “First of all, I want to welcome you to Seoul’s Academy of the Arts for Women,” Tiffany said, “This institution holds the future of the best female artists, designers, photographers, dancers, and musicians.”

            She then knocked on the door and opened it quickly.  Jiyong’s eyes bulged out to see his room.  He swallowed his saliva as he tried to smile.

            “She’s your roommate!” Tiffany announced.

            Jiyong saw a familiar face across him.  Jiyong saw the beautiful woman that he had seen a few days ago.  He narrowed his eyes as she stared back at him.  Unlike the last time he met her, she looked very welcoming.  She had an excited grin on her face as she bowed.

            “Hi, it’s nice to meet you!  I’m Jung Jessica,” Jessica told him.

            Jiyong didn’t know why, but he felt that she mesmerized him.  When she was being y, she was hot, but when she was actually being friendly, she looked absolutely beautiful.

            “H-hi, my name is Kang Jiyoung,” Jiyong informed her, “I’m glad that we’re roommates!  I’m looking forward to my stay in this school!”

            Jessica looked closer at him.  Her face inched closer to his as she continued to spectate him.  Jiyong grew nervous and thought that maybe his cover was blown.  He shrunk down as Jessica clapped her hands together due to her epiphany.

            “Ah, you reminded me of someone, and I figured out who it was!” Jessica stated.

            Jiyong coughed, “Really?  Who do I look like?”

            “You look like Choi Jiyong!  You know that stupid, cocky player?  You look like him, but you’re feminine.  Don’t worry, though.  You don’t look like you have the same personality.  And plus, your voice is softer than his,” Jessica told him.

            Jiyong didn’t know how to react to her.  He grew uneasy as he loosened the scarf around his neck.

            “Actually, Choi Jiyong is my cousin.  That’s why we look alike,” Jiyong said.

            He was kind of telling the truth.  He was pretending to be Kang Jiyoung, and Jiyoung was cousins with Jiyong.  Jessica’s eyes widened as she pulled off an anxious smile.  She slapped her forehead with embarrassment.

            “I’m sorry.  I didn’t mean it that way,” Jessica assured him.

            Jiyong tried to smile, “It’s fine.  My cousin is a cocky player.  There’s no denying that.”

            Jessica then grabbed his bag and began to drag it towards the closet. 

            “We’re going to have so much fun!” Jessica called from the opposite side of the room.

            Tiffany joined, “Yeah, we have the best restaurants and shopping centers here!  To top that, this school is always invited to the best parties in Seoul.  Not to mention the parties that Sooyoung’s boyfriend and his friends throw!  They’re just superb!”

            “Ew, I hate guys like them,” Jessica voiced, “Those stupid jocks…they make me want to puke.”

            She didn’t know that Jiyong was one of those guys.  He was one of those jocks that she mentioned.  Jiyong sat on the vacant bed and sighed to himself. 

            “My roommate doesn’t know that she hates me,” Jiyong muttered to himself.

 


 

 

Author's Notes:  

Sunshine94:  Whew, this chapter was so long lol.  I was going to make it shorter, but jessicajessica kept on telling me to make it a little longer.  I hope you guys liked it!

jessicajessica:  Hey guys!  I hope you all enjoyed it.  It was kinda long.  I even had to help Sunshine from time to time by telling her to keep on writing.  Enjoy it.  Comment it.  Subscribe.  Much love from the both of us. <3

Btw, the stunning poster was created by one of my best graphic designers we know, Nomadzs! :)