Graduation

Love in Disguise

 

                  “I wonder who her father is!” Yoona cried out in frustration.

                  She couldn’t stop thinking about Hyeri.  Hyeri had become a big part of her life; Yoona felt that she had an obligation to protect her.  Hyeri didn’t have parents, and she had no real guidance.  She refused to be adopted, and she didn’t have any friends in the orphanage. 

                  Seunghyun continued to stare at himself in the mirror as he tried to fix the tie around his neck.  He was very aggravated because he couldn’t tie it on properly.  He had experience in the past in tying his ties, but he couldn’t get it right.  Yoona sensed his trouble and walked towards him.  She began to fix his tie for him as he took a sigh of relief.

                  “Yoona, let’s not speak about that,” Seunghyun suggested, “Today is my graduation.  I want today to be a happy day.”

                  “I still can’t believe you’re the valedictorian,” Yoona muttered.

                  He rolled his eyes, “Hey!  I did my homework!  I did it all without cheating. I studied hard.”

                  “You also partied hard,” Yoona bit her tongue.

                  “I knew my limits,” he boasted.

                  Yoona patted his chest after she finished fixing his tie, “Just make us all proud, Mr. Choi.  I’ll be in the band playing the flute for the graduation.”

____________________________

                  “Where is Seunghyun?” Jessica questioned.

                  Jessica looked around her to see that ten men dressed in black tuxedos and dark sunglasses surrounded her.  It was completely absurd.  Jiyong had tripled security ever since she got shot.  Her wound was finally healing, but it hurt when she moved it too much.  There was a still a bandage on it, and Jiyong wouldn’t allow anyone change it and clean her wound unless it was him.  His trust with others had been run short after her incident.  Jessica, on the other hand, forced Jaebeom and Changmin to promise to never tell Jiyong about that stalker woman.  She didn’t want to trouble him.  She felt that it was the least she could do for the man she loved.

                  Jiyong answered, “He’s the one in the front row!”

                  Jessica narrowed her eyes to see a tall figure in a black cap and gown.  The seating chart was in order of academic ranking.  Seunghyun, Young Bae, and Geun Suk were in the front row.  Jessica’s eyes moved towards the group of students in blue uniform.  The band was right next to the top ten students.  She saw Yoona holding her flute as she tried to ignore the fact that her boyfriend was near her staring her down.

                  “It’s so funny,” Jessica giggled, “Yoona is trying to act as if Seunghyun’s not watching her.”

                  Seungri agreed, “It’s typical of Seunghyun to be so protective of Yoona.”

                  “It’s a bit scary for those around her.  Those band members around her know that they’re not even allowed to talk to her—well, I guess it only applies for the male members,” Daesung added.

                  The group of friends stopped talking as the ceremony began.  The dean walked up the podium and led the crowd of people and graduates in the national anthem.  After the national anthem, he began his opening speech.

                  “This is boring,” Seungri whispered, “I’m just waiting for Seunghyun’s speech.”

                  “Shut up,” Jiyong scolded, “The dean is speaking.”

                  Jessica’s eyes narrowed as she focused on the dean.  He was talking into the microphone with a stern tone.  He didn’t smile, but it was obvious that he was proud of the graduating class.

                  “…My colleagues, I would like to congratulate this year’s graduating class.  We have prided ourselves in keeping academic and athletic excellence in our institution.  As these graduates leave this school, they face the real world and I’m very confident that they will all be highly successful.  Without a further ado, I would like to introduce this year’s valedictorian, Choi Seunghyun,” the dean announced.

                  The crowd broke into applause as Seunghyun walked towards the podium.  He gave a small grin and waved at the crowd for a bit.  Loud screams and hoots were heard from the front row of the audience.  Yoona rolled her eyes to see that it was a group of his fan girls.  Yoona turned her attention to Seunghyun again to see him looking at her with a mischievous grin.  He winked at her causing her to blush heavily.  He then cleared his throat and brought his lips near the microphone.

                  “My fellow peers,” he started in his usual deep voice, “I would like to congratulate you on graduating from the top ranking school in Seoul.  With hard work, diligence, and perseverance, you have achieved your goal of graduating from an elite, prestigious institution.   I feel honored to be chosen to be the valedictorian.  I know that it raised a few eyebrows here and there because I’m known to be the rich jock.”

                  Yoona scrunched up her face.  She was the one that confronted him with that fact.  Everyone looked at him that way, but she was the only person to actually bring it up.

                  He continued, “It came to the point where even I believed that I had to uphold the image of a stupid, rich jock just so that I could fit in.  I pretended that I was stupid and I made up rumors about myself that I paid others to do my homework and teachers to raise up my grade because I didn’t want to be labeled as a “nerd.”  I have now realized my own faults.  My girlfriend, Im Yoona, was the only person to confront me about that problem.  She found out I was actually intelligent, and she encouraged me to show it off.  Through her, I learned that I needed to be myself and not who others want me to be.”

                  Yoona gasped at the fact that he mentioned her in his speech.  She was going to give him a piece of her mind later!  She continued to blush as the crowd looked at her.  She looked down at her lap as she continued to listen to his speech.

                  “I would like my fellow graduates to take that into consideration.  Each one of us holds something back—something that has potential—because we’re afraid of what others might say and think.  We’re afraid that others might look at us differently.  I believe you should be true to yourself because you’ll experience a type of freedom that will unchain you from your worries.  My mother used to read a book to my brother and me before we’d sleep.  As the famous Dr. Seuss would say, “Those who matter don’t mind and those who mind don’t matter.”  That is all.  Congratulations again, my colleagues,” Seunghyun expressed.

                  The crowd broke into applause as the band and graduates stood up as they clapped.  Seunghyun took a final bow as a university student before he headed back to his seat.

______________________

                  “Tabi, you delivered an exceptionally tremendous speech,” Yoona complimented.

                  After the graduation ceremony, the group of friends decided to eat out together.  Seunghyun wanted a private room in one of Seoul’s most exclusive restaurants.  Yoona and Seunghyun were the first ones in the restaurant.  Jessica and Jiyong had to go back to the mansion to change Jessica’s bandage.  Geun Suk and the others wanted to change their clothes before they arrived.  Luckily, Seunghyun had bought an extra pair of clothes because he knew that they were going to go out after the ceremony.  Yoona changed out of her band uniform to a casual dress.

                  Yoona proceeded, “But you didn’t have to mention me!  I was so embarrassed!”

                  “I needed to include you in my speech.  I needed everyone to know how much of an impact you have on me—and I want everyone to know that you belong to me,” he casually said.

                  Yoona rolled her eyes as Seunghyun reached for her.  He pulled her into his embrace as she rested her head on his chest while they sat down.  He lifted up her chin as they finally made eye contact.  He pushed his lips against hers while he cupped her cheek.  Yoona grew cautious as she realized that he deepened the kiss.  Yoona felt so tense, but he acted as if he was relaxed.

                  The sliding door to the private room glided quickly.  Yoona pulled away embarrassingly as Seunghyun scowled at the intruders. 

                  “That’s so nasty!” Daesung complained.

                  In front of them were Daesung, Sooyoung, Young Bae, Yuri, Seungri, Seohyun, and Geun Suk.

                  “I saw some tongue action there,” Seungri wiggled his eyebrows.

                  Seohyun took the honor in hitting his shoulder.  Seungri began to pout as Seohyun shook her head disapprovingly.  Geun Suk entered the room and sat in a seat around the large table.

                  “What are you guys doing here?” Seunghyun growled.

                  Young Bae laughed, “We’re here to celebrate the graduation!”

                  “Oh, I forgot,” Seunghyun confessed, “By the way, where’s my brother and Jessica?”

                  “I’m sure they’re on their way,” Yuri assured them.

___________________________

                  “Ow, Jiyong!” Jessica complained, “It hurts!”

                  “What do you expect?” Jiyong scoffed, “It’s going to hurt!  It’s going to clean your wound!  It’s almost fully healed.”

                  Jiyong threw away the cotton ball that he used and began to put a new bandage on her shoulder.  Her patted her good shoulder signaling that the process was done.  Jessica slipped her blazer over her shoulder and gave a little smile.

                  “Thank you for cleaning my wound,” she muttered, “I thought you wouldn’t be the type that wouldn’t clean it because it looks disgusting.”

                  She was actually surprised that Jiyong was willing to clean her would for her.  She was thankful to have a loving boyfriend.  Even though he was too protective at times, she loved him unconditionally.

                  He grabbed her hand and gently kissed it over and over again.  He was just glad that she was safe.

                  “Sica, please stay with me here,” Jiyong proposed.

                  “What are you talking about?” Jessica questioned.

                  He took a seat next to her and then set his hand on her knee.  He bit his lip nervously. 

                  “I want you to live here with all of us,” Jiyong cleared up.

                  Jessica’s eyes bulged out, “Why?  Why do you want me to live here?”

                  It was obvious why he wanted her to live there.  In his house, he could keep a closer watch on her.  She would be safer.  There was no one that could harm her.

                  “At night, I can’t sleep because I’m paranoid that something may happen to you.  I already asked my parents, and they said they were fine with you living here,” Jiyong assured her.

                  Jessica scratched the back of her head, “I don’t know, Jiyong.”

                  “I know it concerns you of what others will think of you.  Yoona came up with a solution for that.  She had volunteered to share her bedroom with her,” Jiyong informed her.

                  Jessica was speechless for a while.  Yoona was willing to share her bedroom with her.  Jiyong wanted her to be near him.  His parents were fine with her living in with them.  Seunghyun and Janey wanted her stay with them.  For once in her life, she felt accepted and wanted. 

                  “I guess I can stay,” Jessica managed to smile.

____________________

                  “Finally, you guys arrived!” Seungri exclaimed, “I was starving!  Seunghyun hyung said that we couldn’t eat unless you guys are here.  It was torture!”

                  Seungri sat back down on his seat after Seohyun pulled him down by the hand.  Jiyong and Jessica took their seats across Yoona and Seunghyun as the waiters began to walk into a single file line into the private room.  Each waiter brought in a savory dish as the group of friends began to rub their hands together in excitement.

                  The first person to take food from the plates was Yoona.  She used her chopsticks to place a large variety of different types of foods in her plate.  She tasted a piece of meat and her eyes lit right away.

                  “Honey, you need to taste this!” Yoona turned to Seunghyun.

                  Yoona took a piece of galbi with her chopsticks and carefully placed it in Seunghyun’s mouth.  Seunghyun began to chew it as he nodded in agreement that it was delicious.

                  Seungri pouted, “I’m so jealous.  Seohyun ah, feed me some of your food, too!”

                  Seohyun quickly took a piece of tofu from her bowl and stuffed a big piece in Seungri’s mouth.  Seungri quickly spit it out after realizing that her tofu was really spicy. 

                  “Yah, it’s too hot!” Seungri protested.

                  Seohyun shrugged her shoulders, “It’s not my fault you can’t handle the heat.”

                  Yuri and Jessica began to giggle loudly as Seungri gulped down a large glass of iced tea.  Seohyun returned to her spicy tofu soup and began to eat it slowly by slurping it quietly with her spoon.

                  “I have something that I would like to say,” Seunghyun finally announced.

                  Everyone turned their heads to him and listened carefully.  Seunghyun took a deep sigh and managed to pull of a smile.

                  “Jiyong and I are leaving for a conference in Australia tomorrow.  The conference is going to last a few days,” Seunghyun informed everyone.

                  Jiyong scoffed, “Plus, we need to retrieve our cousin, Jiyoung.  Her parents were going berserk after they found out that she wasn’t in school and that she was in Australia the whole time.”

                  Jessica’s eyes narrowed at Jiyong.  So Jiyoung really did exist.  Jessica couldn’t wait to meet her.  Jiyong gave a sly smirk to Jessica because he knew that she was thinking of the times when he would pretend to be Jiyoung.

                  “I want you to come back soon,” Jessica told him.

                  He leaned in and kissed her cheek.

                  “Of course,” he whispered, “I didn’t even want to leave in the first place.”

                  “But we have to,” Seunghyun cleared his throat.

                  Yoona saw how strict Seunghyun looked.  Jiyong frowned and pouted out his lips.  Jessica leaned on his shoulder with a satisfied smile on her face.  Yoona playfully cupped his cheek with her hand and leaned in so that she could kiss his jawline.

                  “Stop being so serious,” Yoona muttered, “It’s your graduation day.  You should be happy.”

             



 

Author's Notes:

Sunshine94:  Thank you for reading our update! :D  Btw, I have just reached 600 unique subscribers, and I am very thankful!  I have the best subscribers!  I couldn't be anymore happier.

jessicajessica:  haha, Sarah made me come to her house to update just to celebrate her getting 600 subscribers.  So there was only an update to celebrate this event for her.  Otherwise, we'd probably post this chapter next week or something.  Thanks for reading!

 

We never do this...but PREVIEW for next chapter!

~~~~~~~~~

                  “Is it alright if we call you two oppa?” one asked as she blinked her eyes.

                  Their accents were heavy, but they spoke good English.  Jiyong gave a polite nod and then put down his tea before he could even take a sip.  He took a deep breath, as Seunghyun remained as rigid as a statue.

                  “If our girlfriends find out about them, they’ll kill them and eat them for dinner,” Seunghyun muttered to Jiyong in Korean.

                  Jiyong replied in a husky tone, “We’re not doing anything wrong.  Just don’t make eye contact and we’ll be fine!”

~~~~~~~~

 

                  “No!  That pickup line does not work!” Jessica shook her head.

                  Jaebeom pursed his lips as he crossed his arms against his chest.  Changmin was laughing like a fool as he stuffed his mouth with a forkful of noodles. 

                  Jessica continued, “You can’t tell that hot nurse that pickup line!  She’ll probably laugh at your face.  Try another one.”

~~~~~~~~

 

                  “I’m afraid I may be asking for too much,” Yoona whispered.

                  He laughed at that statement.  Whatever she wanted was hers. 

                  “Just tell me,” Yoochun insisted, “Whatever it is…it’s done.  I’ll make it happen.”

______

Girls trying to hit on Seunghyun and Jiyong in Australia?

Jessica hanging out with Jaebeom and Changmin when Jiyong's out of the country?

Yoona secretly meeting up with Yoochun?

Hehe, see you next chapter. :D