Party

Love in Disguise

 

                  Jessica stared at her flat belly.  Within a few months, she was going to show.  Part of her was brave and wanted to keep on going, but another part of her wanted to hide behind her parents.  Kahi and Kangta had been extremely understanding of both of their situations.  They knew about Jessica’s pregnancy and Yoona and Jessica’s drama with the Choi brothers.  They decided to keep Jessica’s pregnancy out of the media’s eye for now until they came up with a plan.  To her surprise, Kangta and Kahi respected her decision to keep Jiyong out of the baby’s life.

                  “Unnie,” Jessica heard a soft whisper.

                  She turned around to see Yoona shyly entering her room.  Yoona was wearing a high waisted skirt with a white blouse.  Her hair was up in a bun, and she was wearing incredulously high-heeled shoes.  Jessica had her bangs pinned to the side while she sported a short dress with pumps.

                  They both had their own bedrooms.  Decorated by the best designers in the country, Kahi and Kangta made money no object for their daughters.  Both of their bedrooms had a humongous walk-in closet equipped with expensive clothes, a California king bed, top of the line furniture, and their own bathrooms.

                  “I’m nervous,” Yoona admitted.

                  Kahi and Kangta also took the courtesy to throw an extravagant party in honor of their long-lost daughters.  The press was going to be there and so would the tight circle of socialites.  Unfortunately for Yoona and Jessica, both Seunghyun and Jiyong were included in that tight circle of socialites.

                  “Don’t be,” Jessica ordered.

                  Yoona sighed, “I don’t think I can handle Yoochun and Seunghyun in the same room as me.”

                  Jessica squeezed Yoona’s shoulders as she gently shook her to get Yoona to stop from freaking out.  Yoona stared into her sister’s eyes and felt at ease for that moment.

                  “You are Ahn Yoona—you are no longer Im Yoona.  You’re still the same person, but better.  You have more confidence and more power.  You are an heiress and you have as much power as Seunghyun.  Don’t let him step over you again,” Jessica demanded, “You are strong and you will get through this.  Show Seunghyun what he has been missing out on.”

                  Jessica and Yoona already got a taste of socialite parties when they dated Seunghyun and Jiyong.  They knew the drill.  You kept a smile on your face even if your feet were hurting from the heels and even if you hated whomever you were speaking to.

                  Both Yoona and Jessica got along with Kai and Hyuna right away.  Kai was very similar to Yoona, and Hyuna shared the same passion for the arts just like Jessica.  Yoona turned to them while Jessica kept a simple smile on her face.

                  “I’m starving,” Kai mumbled to his older sisters, “I wish this part would just fast-forward so we can get to the food.”

                  Jessica agreed, “That makes two of us.”

                  They all turned their heads to the front of the room.  Kahi and Kangta had champagne glasses in their hands as they both held microphones.  A few waiters began to pass out glasses of champagne to the guests.  Kai and Hyuna were about to grab some until Yoona slapped away their hands with a smirk on her face.  The waiters gave Jessica, Hyuna, and Kai apple cider. 

                  “First of all, we would like to thank everyone for attending this important event.  Our family is now complete and your presence just makes it more special to us,” Kangta announced.

                  “We actually have a few things to say.  As everyone knows, Yoona and Jessica are our long-lost daughters.  We have come to an important decision and decided that Yoona will be the main heir to the Ahn Corporations.  Jessica will take over my fashion empire,” Kahi revealed.

                  The cameras began to flash as the photographers captured the moment.  Yoona’s jaw dropped while Jessica choked on her drink.  It was shock that they were now the main heiresses to two very successful companies.  Hyuna and Kai began to clap along with the rest of the crowd.  Kai didn’t mind not inheriting the company.  He did get a portion of the income come to him when he was old enough, but he wanted a career in politics not business.  Hyuna was similar.  She was interested in designing and photography.  She would rather be a designer and photographer than run the company behind a desk.

                  Kangta finished, “We have big plans for the company.  When you look at our children, you are looking at four very strong individuals.  I may have to warn some others.  You better watch out around them.  Thank you, ladies and gentlemen.”

                  The crowd continued to applaud.  It was true that they had high expectations for Yoona and Jessica.  Jessica graduated at the top of her class in her fashion school.  Yoona was known for having a brilliant mind.

                  Everyone began to linger through the crowd as they made small talk with each other.  Within an hour, Yoona felt as if she had talked to too many people.  She couldn’t help but notice that a lot of men had approached her.  The news of Yoona becoming single and an heiress seemed to attract many bachelors.

                  She walked up to the bar and sat on a stool.  She was extremely tired of forcing a smile on her face so that she could nod and listen to what people had to say.  It was very tedious; the person she was speaking to would compliment her appearance and would then boast about him or herself for the rest of the conversation.

                  “Can I have a martini, please?” Yoona asked the bartender.

                  The bartender nodded and went to make her drink.  Someone sat next to her as she took a quick glance at whom it was.  She could not believe that Jiyong and his brother had even attending.  Yoona saw Seunghyun dancing with different women earlier and she made no intention of talking to him.  The press wanted an outbreak between the two of them since they had no idea why they broke up, but Yoona resisted speaking to them about what had happened.

                  Her drink was pushed in front of her as she nodded at the bartender with a smile on her face.  Her lips brushed against the rim of the cup before she took a gulp of the drink.  She cleared and put the drink down.  With the stirrer, she began to poke at the olive in her drink.

                  “Choi Jiyong,” she said in a subtle tone, “It’s a surprise to see you here.”

                  Jiyong loosened his tie as he ordered a scotch.  When the bartender gave him his drink, he took a good drink from it and set it down on the table. 

                  “You know he still loves you, right?” Jiyong asked.

                  Yoona was taken aback about his sudden assumption.  Yoona scoffed at it and began to laugh to herself.  Was it really love if he didn’t even believe her?  Was it love if he tortured her by calling her horrible names?  Was it love if he moved on so quickly?

                  “No, the only person that he loves is himself,” Yoona shook her head, “He will never give up his pride, and that is his only weakness.”

                  Jiyong grew a bit frustrated, “He thinks you cheated on him.  Yoona, I know you didn’t, but you need to understand him.  He’s had it rough in the past.”

                  “No, he did not have it rough in the past.  He grew up with two loving parents.  He got whatever he wanted.  He was born rich and privileged, so don’t tell me he had it bad,” Yoona demanded, “And Jiyong, why did you even bother to come?  Didn’t you cheat on my sister?  You know, she was a mess at first, but she has it together now.  In fact, she’s even dating another guy.”

                  Jiyong swallowed, “Who is she dating?”

                  Yoona pressed her finger against her lips as a smirk appeared on her face.

                  “Shh,” she hushed, “It’s a secret—you should ask her for yourself though.”

                  Another man stated, “I’ll have a scotch on the rocks, please.”

                  Yoona turned to him to see a face that she didn’t want to see.  She rolled her eyes at the man as he took a seat next to her.  Park Yoochun took his drink and drank it all in one go.  Yoona continued to stir her drink.  Unlike the men around her, she liked to enjoy the taste of her drink rather than drinking it quickly.

                  “And why didn’t I get invited for a drink?  The whole party is here,” another voice stated.

                  Yoona felt her body tensing at the thought of being surrounded by both Yoochun and Seunghyun.  Seunghyun grabbed a stool and seated himself between Jiyong and Yoona.  He rested his elbows against the table and rested his chin in his palms.  He gave a sarcastic smile, and Yoona was tempted to smack it off his face.

                  “I guess we’re all complete,” Yoona commented mockingly, “Aside from hating each other’s guts, I think we would have gotten along just fine.”

                  Jiyong’s phone rang and immediately excused himself to answer the call.  Once he was out of sight, Yoochun and Seunghyun locked eyes.  With Yoona in between them, they began to exchange words.

                  “Isn’t it ironic how the woman that brought us even further apart from becoming friends is physically in between us?” Yoochun chuckled.

                  Seunghyun stared, “Well, if you want her so much, you can have her.  I might have to warn you that she’s adulterous.” 

                  “You can’t take that back,” Yoochun retorted.

                  “Who the hell do you two think you are?” Yoona muttered.

                  Yoochun and Seunghyun stared at her.  She signaled for the bartender to give her another drink because she finished her first one.  She took out a small, circle mirror from her purse and her lipstick.  She carefully began to reapply her lipstick after seeing that her lipstick had stained the rim of her glass.

                  “I’m not a ing toy that can be passed back and forth by two, immature boys,” she told them in a petrifying manner.

                  Yoona felt a wave of relief once she saw Jessica cut in.  She coughed to catch everyone’s attention.  She smiled at the three of them and nervously her lips.

                  “Seunghyun sshi, would you please have a quick dance with me?” Jessica asked, “The press is going to flip if they see that I had not danced once in this party.”

                  Seunghyun looked at Jessica and knew what she was doing.  She was trying to get Seunghyun out of the picture so that Yoochun and Yoona could speak privately.  Seunghyun swallowed and gave a nod.

                  Seunghyun and Jessica began to walk towards the dance floor.  He placed on hand on her upper-back while his other hand went under hers.  She rested her hand on his right shoulder as they began to mix in with the crowd of dancers around them.  The distance between them made it clear that they weren’t attracted to each other.  The only reason why Jessica asked him to dance was because she wanted to give Yoochun and Yoona some time to talk.  Seunghyun would not allow it even if they weren’t officially together.

                  “Ms. Jung, why are you trying to lure me away from your sister,” Seunghyun finally asked.

                  She corrected him, “It’s Ms. Ahn now.  Remember?”

                  “I seem to forget that you and Yoona are now heiresses—to one of the richest companies in the continent, too,” he told her.

                  Jessica’s patience began to run short.  The way he said it was very mocking.  It was as if he was suggesting that he could never look at Yoona and Jessica as upper-class women.  It was too difficult to see them as heiresses to a very large company.

                  “Why?” Jessica snapped, “You still don’t see Yoona as more than someone who you think cheated on you?”

                  “Yes,” he fired back, “I loved her and she cheated.  I don’t want to be played.”

                  Jessica scoffed, “You’re the one that’s playing with her heart.  She acts brave and unaffected, but deep down inside her heart, I know that she still loves you.  It’s too late now; she had been poisoned with hatred for you and I don’t think she’ll ever recover.  She’s going to become a bitter woman because of an even more bitter man.  Mr. Choi, I do believe that you still love her.  She didn’t cheat, but even if she did, you still would love her.”

                  He stiffened as he cleared his throat.  It was as if Jessica was reading his mind.  He had an unexplainable love-hate relationship with Yoona.  He acted as if he didn’t care for her, but he couldn’t even sleep if he didn’t know if she was safe.

~~~~

                  Yoona stared back at Yoochun as she continued to sip at her drink.  He was expecting her to speak to him.  He thought she would scream at him for ruining her relationship, but she remained calm.  She just waited for him to speak.

                  “So, Yoona,” he cleared his throat, “How does it feel to be an heiress now?”

                  Did he really just say that?  Of course it was better than being a poor woman.  She crossed her legs and put down her drink. 

                  “What do you want?” Yoona got to the point.

                  Yoochun got to the point, “Yoona, I didn’t set this up.  I had some of my workers do some snooping.”

                  Yoona laughed at that statement.  What was up with rich men and their workers?  She knew that Seunghyun had his people looking over her.  They weren’t as discreet as they originally thought. 

                  Yoona shook her head, “I don’t want to hear it.  I don’t even want to be with Seunghyun anymore, so it doesn’t matter.”

                  “If you listen to me, I’ll tell you what I learned about Hyeri.  I found out who her mother was,” Yoochun offered.

                  It immediately caught Yoona’s attention.  That little girl was precious to Yoona.  Hyeri reminded Yoona that there was still innocence and purity in this broken world.  Yoona nervously swallowed.

                  “Did you find out who her parents were?” Yoona questioned.

                  Yoochun nodded with assurance.

_________________________

                  Yoona and Jessica took a seat in the lounge room as the workers began to clean up after the party.  The party was a success and Yoona and Jessica managed to make very good impressions as the new faces of the Ahn Corporations.  Jessica began to rub her feet as she began to complain.

                  “Ah, my feet hurt,” she whined, “My feet feel swollen.”

                  Yoona informed her, “It’s normal.  Changmin was telling me that it’s not as common to have swollen feet in your first trimester, but it does happen.  Unnie, thanks for taking Seunghyun away.  I could not handle talking to him and Yoochun at the same time.  I bet those two would have ripped each others’ heads off.”

                  Jessica bit her lip as she looked at Yoona taking off her makeup.  She took a wipe and began to rub it on her left eye.

                  “Yoona, I think he’s still in love with you,” Jessica whispered, “I know he makes it seem as if he hates your guts, but he still looks at you the same way.  I think he still wants to be with you.”

                  Yoona rolled her eyes, “Well, it’s too late.  I gave him a final chance, but he threw it away and walked away from me.  I refuse to be with someone that won’t even trust me.”

                  “Do you still love him?” Jessica suddenly asked.

                  Yoona had just finished removing her eyeliner on both eyes.  She threw the wipe in the trashcan and sighed to herself.  She looked at her palms that rested on her lap.  She was feeling a whirlwind of emotions and it wasn’t very clear to her how she felt.

                  “No,” she finally answered.

                  “Bull,” Jessica gave a disapproving look, “Even I can admit that I still love Jiyong.  It’s just that I know that we’re over.  We are not longer compatible.”

                  Yoona swallowed, “Yes, I still love him, okay?  He’s my first love, and I think I’ll always have a spot in my heart for him, but it’s just too much.  I have endured too much because of him.  When I do give my heart to another man, I won’t look back at him.  I just want happiness, and I don’t think he’ll give that to me.”

                  Jessica rested on her back and stared at the ceiling.  All she wanted was to make sure that Yoona was still human.  She was acting like an emotionless robot for the past few days.

                  “Well, let’s give those bastards hell,” Jessica smiled, “Mom and dad said that we now have positions in the company.  Let’s give those rich boys a little taste of what it feels to hurt.”

__________________

                  “What the hell are you saying?  Did you forget that I could hurt Jessica?” Eunjung asked in an abrupt tone.

                  Jiyong had agreed to meet her up in a park, and luckily, there weren’t many adults.  They were too busy looking after their kids on the playground.  Eunjung looked infuriated that Jiyong was suggesting that he was going to stop listening to her.

                  “She’s rich now,” Jiyong stated, “She has bodyguards that can protect her.  She doesn’t need me to protect her so I don’t have to listen to you anymore.  I’ll just explain myself to her and beg for her take me back.”

                  Eunjung walked up to him and gave him a daring stare.  There was a spark in her eyes that made Jiyong a bit nervous and afraid.  She looked insane.

                  “If you get back with her, I promise you that she will die,” Eunjung vowed.

                  He scoffed, “How are you going to bring down a multimillion heiress?”

                  “It’s easy,” she stated, “She’s just like you.  She runs away from her bodyguards frequently.  She even dismisses them to do useless things to keep them busy and away from her.  I know where she is.  She’s at her mother’s fashion empire’s office.  Jessica’s office is on the top floor—third door to the right.  She’s there from 8 am to 8 pm every Monday to Friday.  You still don’t think I can kill her?”

                  “You wouldn’t dare,” he tried her.

                  “Watch me.  Next time you hear about Jessica, she’ll be in a morgue,” she promised.

                  Jiyong’s felt a stab in his heart.  He knew that Eunjung would do it without hesitation.  He his lips nervously and took a deep sigh.  All he needed way to buy time and figure out who Eunjung’s accomplice was.  After he found out, he could get them both arrested and he would run back to Jessica.

                  “Don’t!” Jiyong exclaimed.

                  She smirked, “Then don’t disobey me.  You are my puppet, and I will not let what you think is love cut the strings to my control over you.  You are mine, Choi Jiyong.”

                  

____________________

Authors' Notes

Sunshine94:  Jessica and I have pretty much outlined the rest of the story and how it's going to go down.  We hope that you liked the chapter.  Btw, after I finish this story, I might add a new story that I've been planning out since a while back.  I asked Jessica to co-write, but she doesn't wanna. :(

jessicajessica:  Thanks for reading!  We hope you liked it.  And yes, I do not want to co-write anymore.  Lol, writing a story is kind of harder than I expected.  After this, I think I'm done with writing.  GO, BALTIMORE RAVENS! I WON $200 BY PLACING BETS ON THEIR WIN.