Getting Closer

Love in Disguise

 

            Jiyong felt his heart beating out of his chest as he quickly silenced his older brother.  He looked over at Yoona and Jessica, who were rejoicing in each other’s presence, and realized that they didn’t hear Seunghyun call him by his real name.  If Jessica heard that Seunghyun called him as Jiyong, he would be dead for sure.  Jessica would probably strangle him with her bare hands.

            Seunghyun was utterly confused about everything.  Jiyong had just called him a few nights ago to confirm that he had made it to Australia safely.  What was he doing in Seoul with a woman while he wore clothes for women?  Seunghyun closely observed his brother and even saw mascara on his eyelashes.  Seunghyun gasped in surprised as Jiyong slapped him lightly on the shoulder.

            “Are you two okay?” Jessica finally asked.

            Yoona and Jessica were observing the two men acting weird with one another.  Jessica knew that they were cousins, so she guessed that it was something weird that only the people in the family knew about.

            “Is this a cousin thing or something?” Jessica predicted.

            Yoona slowly approached Jiyong as she carefully watched him.  She saw that Jiyong had short hair that was actually a wig, which went down to his shoulders.  Yoona waved a finger up in the air as she continued to think.

            “You look really familiar,” Yoona stated.

            Jiyong nervously swallowed and gave an anxious laugh.  He lightly and playfully slapped Yoona’s arm as he threw his head back in laughter.  He was careful to not throw his head too far back or his wig would fall out.

            “Well, I’m Seunghyun oppa’s cousin.  My name is Kang Jiyoung!” Jiyong cheerfully greeted.

            “Oppa?” Seunghyun repeated as the look of disgust showed on his face.

            Jiyong jabbed a finger to Seunghyun’s side as the older brother winced in pain.  Seunghyun bit his lower lip to deal with the pain as he gave his younger brother a glare.

            “Yes, she’s my younger cousin, Kang Jiyoung,” Seunghyun stretched the truth, “I’m surprised to see her here.  I'm really surprised!”

            Seunghyun figured that if Jiyong was trying to hide something, then he had to help his brother hide it.  It may have looked ridiculous, but Seunghyun trusted Jiyong and his unknown reason to why he was perpetrating the act of stealing the identity of their cousin.

            “How do you two know each other?” Seunghyun changed the subject.

            Jiyong sighed in ease as he gave a grateful look to his hyung.  Seunghyun was always the lifesaver.

            “Well, we’ve been childhood friends since we were five!” Yoona informed them, “Jessica and her mother moved away during our junior year of high school, and we never really had contact with each other.  We didn’t have cellphones or computers in our homes back in the day, so it was difficult to keep up with each other.  I’m just glad that we met again.”

            Jessica agreed, “Yeah, you don’t know how happy I am!  Yoong, give me your number!  Hopefully, you have a cellphone now, right?”

            “Of course!” Yoona giggled.

            Jessica then looked at Seunghyun.  He was behind Yoona, and he seemed to be watching her every move.  Most of all, he looked as if he wanted to protect her.  A smirk appeared on Jessica’s face as Yoona finally stored Jessica’s number on her phone.

            “Yoong, is he your boyfriend?” Jessica interrogated.

            Yoona shook her head immediately, “Oh, of course not.”

            She then realized her mistake.  She shouldn’t have said that.  She was supposed to make it seem as if they were dating.  Before Seunghyun could even correct her, Yoona fixed her mistake.

            “I mean…he is!  He’s my boyfriend.  His name is Choi Seunghyun,” Yoona chuckled, “Sometimes, I forget that he’s my boyfriend.  It feels as if he’s more to me than that.”

______________________________

 

To:  Choi Jiyong

From:  Choi Seunghyun

 

Yah, you better be here soon!  I’m waiting.  We need to talk and we don’t have much time!

 

            Jiyong read the text message that his brother had just sent him.  He looked at his wristwatch and read that it was 1 am.  Jiyong yawned sleepily.  He had successfully sneaked out of the dorms to meet up with his brother.  He even waited until Jessica fell asleep.  He needed to have a talk with Seunghyun.  With a duffle bag full of a pair of women’s pajamas and a wig, he was finally able to wear men’s clothes for the temporary getaway.

 

To:  Choi Seunghyun

From:  Choi Jiyong

 

Yeah, hyung.  I’ll be there in 5 min or so.  See you then.

 

            After about five minutes, Jiyong walked into the 24-hour diner.  He saw his brother sitting down alone.  Jiyong joined him and took a sip of the coffee that Seunghyun had ordered earlier.  Both men looked sleepy and tired.  They just wanted to get this cleared up so that they can rest.

            “Jiyong, what the hell do you think you’re doing?” Seunghyun asked with danger in his voice.

            Jiyong answered quickly, “Hyung, hear me out on this one!”

            “You really don’t know how it felt to see my younger brother dressed in a wig, a cardigan, and a pair of skinny jeans made for women!” Seunghyun grew frustrated, “You should be in Australia taking that business workshop.  You know that if our parents find out, you’re going to suffer the consequences!”

            It was a good thing for them that the diner was practically deserted.  The waitress was taking a nap on the counter because there weren’t any more customers.  The chef was in the kitchen cleaning up.

            “I don’t want to be vice-president!” Jiyong rolled his eyes.

            “Do you really think I can run the company on my own?” Seunghyun was almost angry.

            Jiyong nodded, “Yes, I really do believe that you can.  Have you seen my grades?  They’re pathetic.  I just can’t stand seeing myself as the vice-president.  I know that I’m going to fail at it.  I don’t have any desires in taking over that position…and I know I will disappoint people.  With me on the team, the company will go down slowly.  What if jobs get lost?  I can’t handle that on my conscience.  You’re better off without me.  You have a brilliant mind.”

            “Then what do you want to do with your life?” Seunghyun asked.

            “I may sound crazy, but I really want to get into photography and fashion.  It’s absurd, I know.  A multimillionaire heir that has his whole life planned out for him wants to take pictures and design clothes.  I think you’re the lucky one.  You actually want to be the president of the company,” Jiyong sighed in defeat.

            That was when everything started to make sense.  Seunghyun thought that Jiyong only took fashion classes in college so that he could learn how to dress.  He was taking it because he loved it.  Jiyong even went to the point where he pretended that he hated fashion and that he needed to hire a stylist.  Once he hired a stylist, he let her go after three months.  Jiyong probably absorbed everything that a stylist should know and finally learned the basics.

            “You said you hated fashion,” Seunghyun uttered.

            “No, I don’t, okay?” Jiyong confirmed, “I love it.  I don’t want to give it up.”

            Seunghyun asked, “Is this why you pretended to be Jiyoung?  So you can go to a women’s university for fashion to become a great designer?  What are you going to do when it’s all over and you have to return home?”

            “Mom always said that we have to show our devotion in order to achieve our goals.  One of my goals is to prove to them that I am more capable of being a designer than a vice-president.  If joining a women’s university to pursue my passion isn’t enough, then I don’t know what is,” Jiyong claimed.

            Seunghyun made his final decision on his stance over the whole situation.

            “I’ll pretend that you’re still in Australia if anyone asks.  I’ll even pretend in front of Yoona, Jessica, and the others that you are Kang Jiyoung,” Seunghyun assured him, “Just don’t run into trouble.  I just hope that you can benefit a lot from this experience.”

            “Don’t worry, hyung,” Jiyong guaranteed him, “I’m absorbing every single thing that I can learn from this experience.”

            Seunghyun saw a bit of growth in him.  Jiyong was finally working for something that he loved.  Even if he grew up having everything handed to him, he knew how to think of ways to achieve his goals.

            “Jiyong, do you like Jessica?” Seunghyun suddenly asked.

            Jiyong almost choked on his coffee as he began to cough.  He wiped his mouth with a napkin and cleared his throat. 

            “What the heck?  Of course not!  She’s just my friend!” Jiyong denied, “It kind of that she dislikes men like me.  She practically despises our whole group of friends.  In her eyes, I’m only her friend if I’m Kang Jiyoung.”

            Seunghyun shook his head, “No, you’re lying.  You see her as more than a friend.  I know you…you don’t hang out with a woman just for fun.  You wouldn’t do that unless…she’s important to you.”

            Jiyong looked down on his lap in defeat.  Jessica was a complex subject for him.  When he first met her, he only looked at her as a good time until she rejected him.  The rejection was an eye opener for him that not all women were going to fall for his tricks.  When he pretended to be Jiyoung, she showed a different side to herself.  He fell slowly for her.  He loved her weird humor, strong beliefs, and good arguments.  He loved the look of determination she had when she finished sketching a design.  He loved how she would daze off when she was thinking about something.  He even loved how she was so blunt yet so caring.

            Seunghyun saw his young brother dazing off.  Seunghyun quickly snapped his long fingers in front of Jiyong’s face breaking him away from his reverie.

            “Yah, stay focused here,” Seunghyun commanded.

            “Sorry, hyung,” Jiyong apologized.

            Seunghyun grinned, “You do like her.  Wow, that’s a big improvement.  You like a girl.  I’m surprised that she thinks that you’re a girl.  You probably tried to hit on her a few times, huh?”

            “No,” Jiyong shook his head, “It’s weird because we’re roommates…and I have so many urges, but I don’t want to try anything with her.”

            That was the biggest shock that Seunghyun had ever heard.  Jiyong liked her and he didn’t try anything with her. 

            “I…I kind of respect her beliefs…and I don’t want to ruin our friendship.  On top of that, if I did try something with her, I would be revealed!” Jiyong defended.

            “You love her, huh?” Seunghyun teased.

            Jiyong shook his head quickly, “No!  You love Yoona!  You keep on staring at her with those hungry eyes!”

            “I don’t love Yoona!” Seunghyun fired back, “She’s just a friend!”

            “You made a friend that’s a girl?  Is Yoona the ‘I had with you, but I don’t like you anymore so we’ll just be friends’ kind of friend?” Jiyong questioned.

            Seunghyun clenched his teeth as he gave Jiyong a death glare.  Jiyong shrunk down on his seat to be the subject of his brother’s scowl.  Seunghyun cracked his knuckles as he cleared his throat.

            “Nope, we’re just friends,” Seunghyun explained, “Plus, we never had .  We never even really kissed.  She’s just my fake girlfriend.”

            Jiyong rested his elbows on the table as he cupped his chin with his hand.

            “Hyung, do you wish she was your real girlfriend?” Jiyong asked.

            “Shut up!” Seunghyun cried, “You’re the one that’s in love with your roommate!”

            Jiyong argued, “She hates Choi Jiyong!  You’re the one that’s falling for a nerd!”

            “Don’t call her that!” Seunghyun defended.

            Jiyong smiled as he warmed his hands with the hot cup of coffee.  He had known Seunghyun all his life, and it was the first time that he had really defended a girl.  He saw a little change in his hyung.  He knew that he would eventually fall for her.  He guessed that Seunghyun had a little crush on Yoona.  She intrigued him because she was different from the majority of the other women in school.

______________________________

 

            Yoona continued to diligently take notes as her professor concluded the long lecture.  Yoona always made notes on the margin that clarified the professor’s main points.  After the professor ended the lecture, Yoona closed her notebook and put it away neatly in her shoulder bag.  She heard her stomach grumble because she forgot to eat lunch in the afternoon.

            “Yoona ah, do you want to get a late lunch in the restaurant across the street?” Fei asked her, “I’m really hungry.”

            “Sure, unnie,” Yoona agreed.

________________

 

            Seunghyun stretched his arms out as he walked out of the gym.  He had just finished basketball practice.  Since Jiyong was going to be missing for quite a while, Seunghyun found a temporary replacement.  The new guy knew that he wasn’t going to be on the team for long, but he happily accepted the position because he knew that being on the team would bring him a vast amount of popularity.  Seunghyun carried his duffle bag on his right hand as he continued to walk out of the gym. 

            Young Bae, Seungri, Geun Suk, and Daesung were still in the locker rooms changing out of their basketball shorts and tank tops.  Just as Seunghyun exited the gym, he saw Yoona and Fei walking out of the math building together.  Based on the pace of their walk, he guessed that they were really hungry.  Yoona was clutching onto her stomach while Fei her lips as if the food was already in front of her.  He was about to wave at them until he felt a presence.  He looked behind him and saw the new guy.

            “Seunghyun sshi, how did you finish dressing up so quickly?” he asked with a grin.

            Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know, Dongmin.”

            Shin Dongmin was the newest member of the basketball team.  The coach of the team usually followed Seunghyun and only did things with his approval because he was the captain of the team.  The only reason why he let Dongmin on the team was because he was very tall.  He was excellent at dunking, but Seunghyun thought that he was awful in free throws.  He was the best one in the tryouts.  Seunghyun just couldn’t wait until Jiyong returned.

            Dongmin was at least 6 feet tall.  His brown hair was long for a man.  It went past his ears.  His bangs almost reached his eyes.  Although he was on the team, he had much to learn.  He didn’t seem to know how to shut his mouth.  In fact, he had a really big mouth; he would never shut up about how women always supposedly wanted him.

            Dongmin noticed that Seunghyun was looking at Fei and Yoona.  He didn’t know whom he was directly focusing on, but he guessed that it was Fei.  Since he was a new student, he tried to figure out everyone’s place in school.  He knew that Yoona was a band geek, and that Fei used to be a cheerleader until she decided to quit to focus on her studies.  He quickly guessed that Fei was Seunghyun’s girlfriend or something.

            “Is Wang Fei your girlfriend?  Her friend, Im Yoona, is so hot,” Dongmin drooled.

            Seunghyun clenched his fist together as his head turned to Dongmin.  He wanted to wipe that stupid smirk off of Dongmin’s face.  Dongmin his lips as he continued to check Yoona out.  Yoona and Fei continued to walk through the campus without knowing that they were the subjects of Dongmin and Seunghyun’s conversation.

            “What did you call her?” Seunghyun tried to be calm.

            “She’s just so hot,” Dongmin confirmed, “I bet she makes a lot of men happy.  She must be tired, though…or maybe not.  She’s a flute player, right?  She’s probably good at blowing.”

            Seunghyun didn’t know why he did it.  He never did this for a woman.  He had punched Dongmin straight in the face.  From the moment his knuckles hit Dongmin’s cheek, Dongmin felt the wrath that Seunghyun felt.  Dongmin bounced to the ground and he held the cheek that Seunghyun had punched.  He was in shock.  He didn’t know why Seunghyun was so worked up.

            “Say one more word about her, and I’ll kill you!” Seunghyun cursed, “You’re off the team!”

            “Seunghyun sshi!” Dongmin protested, “What’s wrong?  Don’t tell me that she even means anything to you!”

            Seunghyun was about to lunge towards him to attack him one more time until he felt a pair of arms hold him back.  He looked around him and saw the whole team watching carefully.  Young Bae held Seunghyun back as Daesung tried to calm him down.  Geun Suk checked on Dongmin as Seungri watched with shock.  The other players were just silent to see their captain so worked up.

            “Hyung, you shouldn’t be fighting!” Daesung reasoned.

            “I don’t care!” Seunghyun spat.

            Seunghyun managed to break free from Young Bae’s grasp.  He then took a deep breath.  Everyone expected him to continue to beat Dongmin up.  Dongmin seemed to be prepared.  He held his arms up against his face to protect his head from any of Seunghyun’s potential blows.

            Everyone was filled with wonder as Seunghyun just stood there.  He was panting from the anger he was feeling.  He then stood up straight and looked at Dongmin straight in the eye.  He pointed one finger at him, which ed Dongmin’s panic.

            “Clean out your locker.  You’re not on the team anymore,” Seunghyun repeated, “That’s final.”

            Seunghyun picked up his duffle bag from the floor and began to walk out of the campus.  The rest of the team continued to stare at Dongmin with wonder.  What did he do to make their leader so angry with him?  Seunghyun was the laid back kind of guy.  He was only strict when there was a tournament or championship game.

            “Bro, what did you do?” someone from the second string asked.

            “I don’t know,” Dongmin confessed as he got up on his feet, “I saw Seunghyun sshi looking at Wang Fei and Im Yoona.  I said that Yoona was hot.”

            “Oh no,” Daesung gasped.

            Dongmin gulped, “And I said that…she must be good at blowing…because she’s a flute player.  I know that it’s a dirty joke, but he shouldn’t be mad, right?  I thought all the jocks were supposed to ridicule women like her.”

            Geun Suk shook his head as he took one finger and forcefully pushed Dongmin’s forehead with it.  Geun Suk shook his head and frowned.  Why would Dongmin even say that about Yoona?  Geun Suk thought that Yoona was one of the most innocent women on campus.

            “You’re so stupid, you freshman,” Geun Suk rolled his eyes.

            “Yeah,” Seungri added, “Did you not know that Im Yoona is Choi Seunghyun’s girlfriend?  He really cares about her.”

            Young Bae raised his eyebrow as he began to analyze the whole situation.  He cupped his chin and began to wonder.

            “You know…he never did that for another woman.  I think he loves her,” Young Bae guessed.

            “You think so?  I think he’s just amazed that he met a woman like her,” Geun Suk’s eyes narrowed.

_________________________________________

            Jiyong knew that the situation that he was in was ridiculous.  He knew that it was stupid, but he actually pulled himself into it.  He gulped as he watched the three women lay on the floor while groaning loudly.

            “I hate menstrual cramps,” Jessica cursed.

            Tiffany moped, “I can’t wear my good jeans because I’m bloated!”

            “I feel disgusting!  It’s like a waterfall down there,” Taeyeon cried out.

            Three women in the dorms were on their monthly period.  Jiyong found out because they kept on complaining about the pain and discomfort.  It sounded stupid, but Jiyong lied and said that he was suffering with them.  Yes, he also informed them that Kang Jiyoung was on her monthly period, too.  He honestly didn’t want to feel left out.

            Jiyong carefully observed them and took it up a notch by rolling on the floor while squeezing onto his abdomen.  He began to moan loudly as if he was in severe pain.  Jessica stared at him while Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at him as if he was a circus clown.

            “OWWWWW, IT HURTS SO MUCH!” Jiyong cried out, “Taeyeon’s period may feel like a waterfall, but mine feels like…like a waterfall, tsunami, and flood combined!  It’s as if global warming has taken place and has flooded the whole planet…but in my pants!”

            Jessica hid her laughter as Taeyeon hid her face with her pillow.  They didn’t want Jiyong to know that they were laughing.  Tiffany, on the other hand, was disgusted at how he described his supposed menstrual cycle.

            “Jiyoung, you might stain my carpet if it’s that severe,” Tiffany frowned, “Are you on a heavy flow?  I don’t think any of us had it that heavy.”

            Jiyong had the urge to hit himself at how stupid he sounded.  He made himself sound like an exaggerated teenager who had her period for the first time.  Jiyong gulped and gave a playful smile.

            “I was just kidding.  It’s not that bad.  It just hurts a lot,” Jiyong clarified.

            After Jiyong and Jessica exited Tiffany and Taeyeon’s dorm, they went to their own dorm.  Tiffany and Taeyeon were planning on going to the salon to get their nails done, so Jessica figured that she should just finish the design that she had started earlier. 

            Jiyong rolled on his belly as he flipped through the channels with the remote in his hand.  He puffed out a breath of air, as he found no interest in the channels.  Then he finally saw something that he was interested in.  On the television was a picture of Seunghyun and Yoona holding hands.  A big smile was on Seunghyun’s face while Yoona held his hand.  Jessica glanced at the television and beamed.

            “Im Yoona has reportedly been dating Choi Seunghyun, the main heir and successor to the Choi Corporations.  The lovely couple was caught on a date this evening after classes in their respective university.  Choi Eugene has spoken out about their public relationship, and she claims to expect them to be married in a few years,” the television host informed them, “No formal engagement has been announced.”

            “Wow, Yoona’s on the news!” Jessica cheered.

            “If you didn’t know who they were, would you think that they really did love each other?” Jiyong suddenly asked.

            He thought that the relationship between Yoona and Seunghyun would be slightly hateful.  He thought that because Seunghyun was an , he would find ways to make her hate him.  Now, it seemed as if Seunghyun was starting to like her.  Jiyong was glad that Seunghyun was changing little by little, but he didn’t want him to be rejected and heartbroken by Yoona.  Even if Seunghyun wouldn’t admit it, Jiyong knew that Seunghyun had a soft spot for Yoona.

            “Hm, I think so.  Have you seen the way that your cousin looked at Yoona?  His eyes were filled with so much appreciation and devotion,” Jessica admitted, “I wouldn’t be surprised if he sacrificed his own life for her.”

            Jiyong’s eyes grew wide as he remembered something.  Venus was supposed to show up today!  He quickly ran to his closet and pulled out a small telescope that he had packed.  He always took an interest in the stars and astronomy.

            “What are you doing?” Jessica asked.

            Jiyong answered, “Sica, we need to go on the rooftop right now!  Venus is going to make an appearance tonight!  I had planned on looking at it for the longest time!”

            Jiyong had set up his telescope as Jessica continued to look at the stars.  Just like she said earlier, the stars were very limited.  Sometimes, she wished that Seoul had a blackout so that she could see the stars clearly. 

            “Come here, Sica!” he beckoned.

            Jessica obliged and looked through the telescope.  She saw a little dot that was Venus.  She thought it was very little, but it was amazing.  That little dot was a whole planet! 

            “Whoa, I never looked at other planets before,” she revealed.

            “Well, now you did,” Jiyong smiled. 

            He took a seat next to Jessica as they continued to stare out at the sky.  Jiyong didn’t know why, but when he stared at the sky, he felt at ease.  It was as if there were no real problems in life.

            “You know what’s weird?” Jessica asked as she continued to gaze at the stars, “People on Earth want to know about other planets and universes when we can’t even figure out half of the mysteries in our own world.”

            “What do you mean by that?” Jiyong grew puzzled.

            Jessica clarified, “A good example I can think about is the minds of men and women.  They’re completely different from each other, but they’re expected to be together.  It’s like…they’re different, but they’re meant to complete each other.”

            “Like how they handle things differently?” Jiyong guessed.

            “Yeah!” Jessica nodded, “Hm, like breakups…a man handles it with no tears.  They have great resilience, and they can go on to the next woman quickly, but women usually cry their eyes out before they can even move on.  When they supposedly have moved on, they still think about the man that broke their heart.”

            “Really?” Jiyong asked.

            “Yes,” Jessica confirmed, “Sometimes, I wonder what goes through the mind of a man when he knows that he was the reason why a woman who cared about him was crying.”

            Four names flashed through Jiyong’s mind:  Kim Dasom, Meng Jia, Ham Eunjung, and Park Jiyeon.  He broke all of their hearts.  He knew that all of them cared for him.  They even believed that they loved him at one point, but he was just a monster to them.  He used them, and when he got bored of them, he threw them away like tattered dolls.

            “How…how does it feel to be one of those women that cries because of a man that she truly cared about?” Jiyong was hesitant.

            Jessica needed to think back to an experience to answer Jiyong’s question.  She figured that her roommate didn’t know how it felt because of the lack of experience.  Jessica cleared as she began to think about her painful breakup with Jaebeom.  He knew that she was hurt, but he didn’t do anything.  He continued on as if he didn’t know her.  She recollected all the feelings she felt and tried to reiterate it.

            “At first, you expect him to care that you’re hurt, but he doesn’t.  A lot of men in this world are s, and you didn’t think that he was going to be one of them, but he was.  When Jaebeom ignored to recognize me as his girlfriend in front of everyone, I felt used.  I felt…almost like a piece of trash.  It just really hurts and it feels as if your world is crashing down,” Jessica reminisced, “It makes you want to give up because you feel as if you aren’t good enough.”

            The guilt that Jiyong felt tripled as Jessica told him that.  He did that to four women.  Those four were the only ones that he could remember because he dated each of them at separate times from two to five months each.  He made them believe that they were important to him, but he hurt them.

            “I wish men would just stop doing that to women.  It makes us feel like when in reality, we’re not crap.  They are,” Jessica grew teary.

            Jessica surprised Jiyong as she wrapped her arms around him.  They were so close that Jiyong could hear her gentle breathing.  Jessica rested her chin on the crook of his shoulder as she smiled.

            “Jiyoung, I’m so glad that I met a friend like you.  I feel like I can talk about anything with you,” Jessica declared.

___________________________________

            Yoona walked out of the campus with Fei on her side.  Fei and Yoona didn’t even notice the commotion between Dongmin and Seunghyun.  Yoona didn’t bring the car that Eugene and Danny had bought her, so she decided to wait for a taxi with Fei.

            “One day, we should have a group date with all of our friends!” Fei suggested, “The only problem is that I need a boyfriend.  I hate the fact that all of my friends have boyfriends.  It makes me feel like a loner.”

            Yoona giggled as she nodded her head.  She didn’t necessarily know how she was going to ask Seunghyun to go on a group date with her and her friends, but she thought that he might say yes.

            “Your date should be Nichkhun oppa,” Yoona suggested with a smile.

            Fei blushed as she nervously swallowed.  She clutched onto her book bag and shook her head with disapproval.

            “He wouldn’t want to,” Fei shyly disagreed.

            “He will!” Yoona insisted, “He’s one of your closest friends.  You’re beautiful, smart, and kind.  I’m sure he’ll want to go on a date.  We can take this group date when we go to Yuri’s parents’ lake house this weekend!  This will be fun!”

            At that moment, a red Porsche pulled up next to the curb.  The driver slowly rolled his windows down as he flashed a luminous grin.

            “Hey, guys!” he greeted.

            It was Nichkhun.  Fei then dropped her book bag from shock as Yoona quickly picked it up.  Yoona waved back.  It seemed as if Nichkhun had just finished training for the day.

            “You guys want to get something to eat?” Nichkhun asked.

            Yoona glanced at Fei who was too shy to even reply.  She just had a silly smile on her face.  It was so obvious that she liked Nichkhun.  It was obvious to everyone except him.  Yoona looked around and saw Seunghyun making his way out of the campus. 

            “Uh, actually, I have to go somewhere with Seunghyun,” Yoona made an excuse, “but Fei is free right now.  She was telling me that she was really hungry.  Khun, just take Fei out to eat!”

            Nichkhun gently nodded as he watched Yoona bow.  He unlocked the door to let Fei in.  Before Fei entered the car, she grabbed Yoona’s arm and mouthed her a thank you.  Yoona smiled brightly and then jogged to Seunghyun.

            Seunghyun was still heated from the whole incident.  Why in the world would Dongmin even say that in front of him?  The news of Seunghyun and Yoona dating had spread like wildfire on the campus.  How did he not know that they were together?  Seunghyun gritted his teeth until he felt someone’s presence behind him.  He knew that it had to be Dongmin or someone on the team.  Seunghyun quickly turned around to give him a piece of his mind.

            “I told you to leave!  Get out!” Seunghyun bellowed.

            Yoona stared at him with shock.  She had never seen him so angry before.  She carefully took a step back as the expression on his face changed.  He was very embarrassed, and he almost felt guilty for yelling at her.

            “Gosh, if you didn’t want to see me, you could have just told me,” Yoona stuck her tongue out.

            Yoona turned around and was about to make her exit until Seunghyun grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to him.  Yoona squealed with surprise as she saw a flash.  She carefully observed her surroundings and noticed that there were paparazzi taking pictures of them.  Seunghyun intertwined his fingers with hers and led her to the car.

            “Miss Im!” one of the photographers cried out, “How does it feel to date Mister Choi?”

            Seunghyun didn’t let her reply as he opened the door to his car and told her to go inside.  He closed the door and ran to the driver’s seat.  Within a few seconds, they were away from the stalking photographers and on the street.

            “I didn’t know people would follow us…to class!” Yoona gasped.

            Seunghyun nodded, “It’s been like that since I was in middle school.  That was when my father announced to the whole world that I would be the main successor to the company as soon as I graduate from college.”

            Yoona felt stupid for never considering how much pressure he was going through.  Even though he got everything he wanted, he didn’t get the privacy he needed.  Yoona gave an encouraging smile.

            “Uh, I have something to ask you,” Yoona shyly stated.

            Seunghyun looked at her quickly as he tried to focus on the road.  With his hands gripping the steering wheel, he gave Yoona a nod signaling that it was fine if she asked a question.

            “Well, for the weekend, my friends and I were planning on going to Yuri’s parent’s lake house.  It’s an old tradition that we had. We would go there at least once a year together.  Yuri’s planning on bringing Young Bae, Seohyun already asked Seungri, Bora is bringing Siwon, and I think Nichkhun and Fei might be spending the weekend together.  Yuri asked me a few days ago to ask you to come.  I just wanted to know if you wanted to go.  You don’t have to go if you don’t want to,” Yoona informed him.

            “Wait, which Siwon?” Seunghyun asked.

            “Choi Siwon,” Yoona answered, “Aren’t you guys related somehow?”

            Seunghyun nodded, “He’s one of my cousins.  I never thought he would be dating a college student.  He’s very busy.”

            “Bora told me he works at the hospital.  She said that he just helps out a bit,” Yoona scratched her head.

            “He’s a surgeon!” Seunghyun shook his head, “By helping out a bit, he probably means saving lives on a daily basis.”

            “And he finds time to go on a trip to a lake house with us?” Yoona whispered in awe, “That’s amazing.”

            Seunghyun couldn’t help but smile at how fascinated she was at everything.  She was intrigued by how much power and respect rich people had.  She wasn’t raised with money, so she found everything very interesting.

            He tried to frown, but failed.  He just remembered that he was fuming a while ago.  He was furious, but when he was with her, he felt at ease.  Why was he thinking like this?  He tried to escape his thoughts as he changed the subject.

            “What are you guys going to do in the lake house?” he inquired.

            Yoona felt embarrassed.  He was a party animal, and she was considered to be a goody two shoes.  She didn’t have a rebellious bone to her body.  She quickly looked out the window to ignore any eye contact.

            “I don’t know if you’d enjoy it there.  There’s no clubbing or a lot of women up there.  It is private property,” Yoona revealed, “You don’t have to go if you don’t want to.  All we do there is swim, eat, hike, and talk around a bonfire.”

            “Wouldn’t it be embarrassing?  All of your friends will be with someone except for you?” Seunghyun added.

            Yoona shook her head.  They were all friends anyways.

            “I’ll just bring someone else if you don’t want to go,” Yoona informed him.

            “Who?” Seunghyun asked.

            Yoona began to think.  She thought of a good friend as a bright smile appeared on her face.

            “I’ll just ask Geun Suk oppa!” Yoona smiled, “He told me that he was going to teach me how to make pasta!  He could teach me over the weekend!”

            Seunghyun cleared his throat.  He didn’t even tell her his answer and she was already planning what she was going to do with his replacement.  The smile on Yoona’s face faded slowly to see Seunghyun with an intense look on his face as he stared at her.

            “Are you guys close?” he interrogated.

            Yoona shrugged her shoulders, “I actually don’t know.  We hang out sometimes during lunch when the rest of you guys ditch school.  He calls me if he needs help on homework, and we text at times.  That’s it, though.”

            A throbbing vein had appeared on Seunghyun’s forehead.  Why didn’t Geun Suk ever tell him that he talked to Yoona personally?  Why was he trying to hide it from him?  He quickly guessed that Geun Suk had a crush on Yoona!  His grip on the steering wheel tightened as his eyebrows furrowed down.

            “I’m going, so you don’t need to ask Geun Suk!” Seunghyun announced.

 


 

Author's Notes

Sunshine94:  I hope you guys enjoy our update.  I'll have to announce that there won't be an update for a few days.  I'm going to go camping on the beach for a few days with my big family lol.  That means no updates because there is no electricity!  I hope you guys liked this chapter! :D  Thank you for reading!

jessicajessica:  Yeah, I would update this story on my own with Sarah's absence, but I can't because I'm going to Disneyland with my cousins! :D  I hope you guys enjoyed the update.  Thanks for reading.  Please subscribe if you haven't done so.  Please comment if you liked it...or hated it.  We just want to hear your opinions. 

 

Have fun this summer guys! :D