Take Care

Love in Disguise

 

                  “So, have you told him yet?” Jessica asked Yoona.

                  Yoona shook her head as she leaned her head against a pillow.  She had actually taken a day off from work just so that she could clear her head.  She didn’t want to be at work because she knew for a fact that Seunghyun would be there to bother her again.

                  It honestly frightened her when he took out that ring.  It was obvious that he was going to propose to her again, but she stopped him before he could even bring up the topic of marriage.  Her heart was still scarred from him.  She thought that it would bring satisfaction to her when he knew the truth, but it didn’t.  It just magnified her pain.

                  Yoona breathed, “Hyeri doesn’t deserve a father like him.  I already know that Seunghyun will be a deadbeat dad.  He doesn’t love anyone that isn’t him.”

                  Jessica frowned.  Even if it was true, Seunghyun deserved to know that he could be the father to Hyeri.  Yoona was just stuck and didn’t know what her next move was.  Jessica, on the other hand, felt uneasy about Jiyong’s new girlfriend. 

                  Eunjung seemed a bit odd.  She was still in shock that she had seen Eunjung take a piece of glass and pierce it through her own palm just for Jiyong’s attention. 

                  “Is it a bit psychotic to hurt yourself?” Jessica suddenly asked Yoona.

                  Yoona looked at Jessica to see her biting her lip nervously.  Something was bothering her, but she just didn’t want to admit it.

                  “Okay, what’s wrong?” Yoona asked.

                  Jessica’s dark brown eyes began to show the worry she was feeling.  Her chest heaved up and down as she took one deep breath.  She was afraid of admitting that she was actually concerned for Jiyong.  She knew that she was supposed to act as if she was hated him and she didn’t need him, but she still loved him.  It was impossible for her to fall out of love with him that quickly.

                  “When I cut my foot, Jiyong was the first person to help me.  I think his girlfriend got jealous and cut her own hand to get his attention,” Jessica disclosed.

                  Yoona stared at her with wide eyes.  She had heard of girls threatening to hurt themselves, but she had never heard of one actually do it.  She had to be obsessed with Jiyong to hurt herself like that.  Yoona looked at the treated wound on Jessica’s foot.  Changmin had personally treated the wound when they left the party.  He stitched her up, and it didn’t really bother her much.

                  Yoona muttered, “She sounds insane.”

                  “Sometimes…it feels like he isn’t even interested in her,” Jessica swallowed, “I didn’t even know that Eunjung was his date until I bumped into her.  It’s like he doesn’t…love her.”

                  Yoona squeezed her hand to show her support.  It was obvious that Jessica loved him and only hated what he had done to her.   Things were more complicated because even if Jessica wanted to return to Jiyong, she couldn’t.  The press thinks she’s getting married to Changmin and the media knows that Jiyong was dating Eunjung.  It would be too scandalous.

                  Jessica tried to laugh, “Maybe I’m just saying this because I have a little green monster on my back.  It’s only normal to be a little jealous, right?”

                  “Yes, it is normal, unnie,” Yoona nodded.

______________________________

                  Jessica inhaled sharply as she heard a maid greeting her two guests.  She had gone through with this with Kahi and Kangta, and they approved after talking about it for a while.  She was going to do a good deed, and she was a bit hesitant at first. 

                  “Madam, your guests are here,” the maid informed her.

                  Jessica nodded and gave a small smile.  She saw her two guests with confused looks on their faces.  Of course, they were confused because of her sudden lunch invitation.  The house chef had prepared them a wonderful lunch, which was already set down on the table.

                  “Please take a seat, Mr. and Mrs. Choi,” Jessica made a gesture towards the chairs.

                  Eugene and Danny were dumbfounded after Jessica personally called their home phone to ask them to have lunch.  Of course, they knew that it had to be important.  Jessica had to have a purpose to why she wanted to meet up with them.

                  “Jessica, it’s great to see you,” Eugene smiled.

                  Danny added, “Your pregnancy seems as if it’s going well.  I want to congratulate you on your pregnancy.”

                  “Thank you,” Jessica forced a grin.

                  If only they knew that it was their grandchild that she was carrying, they would lose it.  Jessica joined them in taking a seat on the table as a servant began to serve the lunch that the chef had prepared.

                  “I’m sure that you both know that I have a purpose as to why I wanted to meet up with you two,” Jessica began.

________________________

                  Yoona pushed her glasses up as she looked at an e-mail that a worker had sent her on the company’s weekly profits.  She continued to type back a reply quickly as a small smile formed on her face.  Ever since she had been involved with the company, their profits had shot up.  Of course, Kangta was proud of his daughter for having business skills like him.

                  Someone knocked on her door as she tore her eyes away from the laptop screen to see whom the visitor was.  Her secretary entered the room as she fiddled with the black pen in her hand.

                  “Madam,” the secretary stated, “You have a visitor.  We told her that she needed an appointment, but she said that you’ll let her in.”

                  Yoona raised an eyebrow, “What’s her name?”

                  “She said her name is Uee,” Yoona’s secretary informed her.

                  Yoona crossed her arms against her chest after closing her laptop.  What did Uee want? 

                  “Let her in,” Yoona ordered.

                  Yoona had to admit that she was curious about what Uee wanted from her.  She was sure that Uee knew of Seunghyun’s knowledge of Yoona’s fidelity while they were in a relationship.  Yoona stood up after seeing that Uee had entered the room.

                  Uee looked disheveled, panicked, and miserable.  It was Yoona’s first guess that Seunghyun had dumped her or something.  Uee wasn’t wearing what she usually wore.  She usually wore something with a brand’s name, but she stuck to a regular sweatshirt and a pair of faded jeans. 

                  “Can I help you with anything?” Yoona asked, “Can I get you a cup of coffee?”

                  Uee took a seat across from Yoona’s desk and nodded quietly.  Yoona walked over to her coffee maker and poured the coffee into a white mug.  She carefully handed it over to Uee, who bowed her head.  Uee held her purse on her lap as she bit her lip with anxiety.

                  “I wanted to talk to you,” Uee admitted.

                  Yoona grew interested, “What did you want to say?”

                  “Seunghyun told me that he knows that you didn’t cheat on him, but you still won’t take him back.  What’s the secret to his heart?  Tell me because you’re the only one that knows!” Uee exclaimed.

                  A frown appeared on Yoona’s face as she tried to think of the answer.  She didn’t know why Seunghyun loved her so much.  She was just an ordinary girl.  The only thing that made her stand out from the others when they first met was the fact that she was very intelligent and she was a band geek.  Being a nerd and band geek usually never won the heart of the millionaire jock that everyone in school loved.

                  “I don’t know,” Yoona murmured, “I don’t know why he loves me.”

                  Uee didn’t seem to be content with that answer.  She wanted to know the secret to the way to Seunghyun’s heart.  Yoona had it and it seemed as if she had refused to tell her what it was.

                  “There were so many more prettier girls,” Yoona continued, “There were models that liked him.  He could have picked anyone, and I don’t know why he picked me.”

                  Uee choked, “I know you still love him!  Why won’t you take him back?  Why aren’t you rubbing it in my face that you are still the one that hold his heart?”

                  “My love with him was toxic,” Yoona whispered, “I was ready for his love, but he wasn’t ready for mine.  He never trusted me.  I knew he tried, but there’s something about his past that he refuses to let go.  He won’t even talk to me about it.  If he can’t fix his past, he won’t be ready for a present and future with me.  That’s why I won’t take him back.  He’s kind of stupid for a brilliant man.  He thinks I won’t take him back because I hate him.  It’s because he won’t let go of the past.  In our situation, love will only consume us until we have nothing left.  I’m not only thinking about myself.  It’s also for him.”

                  Uee clutched onto her purse as she stared at Yoona.  Yoona seemed heartbroken, but she still managed to keep a smile on her face every single day.  Uee wanted that kind of courage and strength.

                  Yoona sniffled, “I suggest you do the same, Uee.  I know we didn’t like each other in the beginning, but we’re older and wiser now.  You shouldn’t let your love for Seunghyun consume you.  You need to move on and give your love to someone that deserves it.  I’m sure that any man would be lucky to have you.  You just need to find the right man that realizes it.”

                  Uee let go of her purse on her lap and nervously swallowed.  She didn’t know it, but she had formed a new form of respect for Yoona.  Yoona was wishing her the best despite the fact that Uee had tried to ruin her life.  Of course, Yoona didn’t know that it was Uee who had set up everything.  Uee was just surprised with how everything turned out.

                  “Thank you, Yoona sshi,” Uee stood up and bowed, “You have bought so much clarity to my life with those few minutes with you.  I know what I have to do with my life now.”

                  Yoona nodded and bowed back.  Uee walked out of the office with her purse by her side.  She put her hand in and touched the gun that had been stashed in there.  Her plans were now changed.  She no longer had the desire to kill Yoona.  She was finally over it.

___________________

                  Jiyong sighed as he took off his tie and threw it to the side.  He had to work a few hours after his classes, and he hated it.  He hated doing all that paperwork and talking to other business executives.  He didn’t know how his brother could do it.  Seunghyun was just talented in business.  He normally liked running a multimillion corporation, but Jiyong noticed that he seemed a bit distracted.  Jiyong knew that Seunghyun found out that Yoona didn’t really cheat on him, so he guessed that was why he was so preoccupied during work.

                  He was surprised to see his parents waiting for him in the loft.  He put down his briefcase to see a discontented look on Danny’s face and a hopeful smile on Eugene’s face.  Eugene walked up to her son and hugged him.

                  “Your father is letting you off,” Eugene whispered.

                  Jiyong could not believe what his mother had just told him.  Danny was going to let him off the hook?  He didn’t have to work for the company anymore?  Jiyong narrowed his eyes in disbelief.  It almost felt surreal.

                  “We have a few conditions,” Danny coughed, “You don’t have to work for the company anymore, but we want you to maintain a good image in front of the media.  You can become a fashion designer or photographer, but you have to work for Kahi sshi’s company.  They want you there because Kahi is planning on opening a men’s fashion line.  They’re our new business associates, so be good.”

                  It was a dream that came true.  Danny had always been strict on his boys, and he had raised them while instilling into their minds that they were going to be the leaders of the company one day.  Jiyong jumped up and hugged his mother and father.

                  The good news was the first in such a long time.  Danny sighed as he saw the happy expression on Jiyong’s face.  If only he knew that the only reason why he agreed to it was because of Jessica, things would be different.  Jessica restricted them from telling him or else all business ties would be cut.  It was obvious to both parents that Jessica still loved him.  She was taking care of him from afar.

______________

                  Yoona’s hand tightened as she looked at the roses in front of her.  Seunghyun was starting to get on Yoona’s nerves.  He had been sending her flowers and other things almost every day.  It began to piss her off because she was always reminded of him. 

                  Her hand began to bleed as she noticed that a thorn had just pierced her hand.  She was in his company building with hopes that she could make it clear that she didn’t want anything from him.  She opened the door to see that he was signing some papers. 

                  Yoona swallowed as he stared at her.  He was pretty surprised that she had come to him instead of the other way around. 

                  “Stop sending me flowers,” she ordered.

                  “No,” he shook his head, “I can be stubborn, too.”

                  Yoona put the flowers down on his desk along with the chocolates and card that it came with.  He was making her office look like a flower shop with all the flowers that he had gotten for her.  She had told her assistant to throw them away, but her assistant put them in her office instead.  Yoona was fed up with all of the constant reminders of Seunghyun, and she needed to talk to him about stopping.

                  “We are no longer together,” Yoona said.

                  “That can always change,” he scoffed.     

                  Her temper began to rise to see a smile appear on his face.  Why was everything a game to him?  It irritated her to the bone that he wasn’t taking her seriously.

                  “It’s not going to change!” Yoona yelled, “We are not getting back together.”

                  Seunghyun shook his head, “I made one mistake.  I was wrong, and you were right, but I’m going to do whatever it takes to get you back.  I know you love me, but your stubbornness is making you forget about your love for me.”

                  How could he remain so calm?  Yoona’s breathing grew heavy as she gritted on her teeth.  He was a father, and he didn’t know it.  His life wasn’t as simple as he thought.  He was a father, and there was a young child living life without a parent because of him.

                  “It’s complicated,” Yoona mumbled.

                  “We’ll sort it through,” Seunghyun insisted, “Once we get rid of those complications, we’ll be happy again.  I know that I have a trust issue, but I will do my absolute best to—”

                  How could he get rid of a little girl that was supposed call him her father?  She needed to burst his bubble.  He had been living life as a sheltered, rich boy, and it was time for him to know that there was a side to his life that he didn’t know about.

                  Yoona cut in, “Seunghyun, you have a daughter.”

 


 

Author's Note:

Hey, it's jessica.  Sunshine didn't get to make her author note because she's currently booked with essays, projects, work, and family issues.  She emailed me her part of the writing, and she read it over when I put it together.  

Lol, this is kindaa random, but guess who this baby is? :) (PLEASE DON'T MAD AT ME. IT WAS TOO ADORABLE TO NOT SHARE)

Well, we both hope that you enjoyed the update.  The story is going to have a few more chapters until the end.  Can you believe that it's been about 9 months since this story started?  Time goes by kind of quick.  If everything goes according to plan, MAYBE we'll post a double update.  Thanks a lot! :D

-Jessica