Exposed

Love in Disguise

 

            The morning sunshine was a bit harsh to her as she finally managed to open her eyes.  She blocked the sun from blinding her by putting her hand over her face.  She blinked and let her eyes adjust to the brightness in the room.  Yoona then realized that something was terribly wrong.  She was covered in a large blanket with only her underwear on.  She gasped out loud and nervously her lips. 

            “Yoona, what you doing here?  What are we doing here?” she heard a voice ask in a frantic tone.

            Yoona turned her head to see Yoochun in his boxers.  He saw his pants lying on the floor and quickly picked them up and put them on.  Yoona could not absolutely believe it.  This had to be impossible.  They only had one drink and it was impossible for them to get drunk on that.  How did they even get to the motel room?

            The motel room they were in was a crummy old place.  The bed was uncomfortable, the paint off the walls was peeling, and the rug felt crusty against their bare feet.  Yoona found her clothes draped over a chair and quickly put them on.  Tears began to stream down her face.  She was very angry with herself.  She had just shown that she was a cheater.  She had fooled Seunghyun.

            “Nothing happened, right?” Yoona asked in a shaky voice.

            Yoochun looked at Yoona with pity.  She looked like a total mess.  Her hair was tangled, her eyes were filled with tears, and her hands were shaking from the distress.  He knew that she had never planned on something like this happening.  Truthfully, he didn’t know if anything happened or not.  He had to assume that something did because they woke up in the same bed with hardly any clothes on.

            “I d-don’t know,” Yoochun stuttered, “I really don’t know.”

____________________________

            Seunghyun managed to go to another boring conference about the sales of the company and how much it had increased in stocks.  He didn’t even know why there had to be a conference for it.  He knew that if he expanded to other countries like Japan and China, the stocks were going to rise.  The presenter also tried to persuade Seunghyun to expand in Australia, but he knew better.  He knew that it was not the time to do so because of his father’s decision to expand by adding another airport in Japan.

            He finally felt free once the conference was called to an end.  He grunted as he thought about Jiyong.  Jiyong had spent the whole night either texting or calling Jessica.  When he wasn’t talking to her or texting her, he was thinking about her.  He wasn’t even able to go to the conference because he slept late.  Seunghyun took out his phone and unlocked his phone screen.  His wallpaper on his phone was a picture of Yoona laughing after she heard a joke that Seunghyun had told her.  He always wanted to see the smile that she made because of him.

            He began to text Yoona right away.  He had forgotten to text her last night, and it seemed as if she didn’t text him either.  He didn’t know why, but it worried him.  He loosened the tie around his neck and cleared his throat.  Within ten minutes, she texted back.

 

From:  Im Yoona

To:  Choi Seunghyun

Good morning~~!

I hope you have a great day today.  I really miss you and I can’t wait for you to get home.  I love you!

 

            He broke into a smile after reading that text.  It was strange how one little text from her could make his day.  He pressed his phone against his chest and grinned to himself.  He loved her more than she could ever imagine.

_____________________________

            Yoona’s hands were shaking as she sent that text message.  She knew that he was worried because he didn’t hear a word from her last night.  Jessica hugged Yoona as Yoona began to cry silently. 

            “I can’t believe I did that,” she whispered, “I acted like nothing was wrong when I did a horrible thing.”

            Yoona had admitted what happened to Jessica.  Jessica was shocked, but she needed to think logically for Yoona.  Yoona was so emotional over the fact that she woke up next to Seunghyun’s rival.  At first Jessica thought that Yoochun had planned this whole thing, but Yoona denied it because Yoochun looked just as lost as her.

            “I need to tell him!” Yoona yelled, “I’m going to tell him what happened.”

            She reached for her cellphone until Jessica snatched it away from her.  Jessica held it behind her back and nervously swallowed.  She knew that drama was boiling up in Yoona’s life.  Jessica knew that she was confused, but she needed to think logically.

            “Think about it, Yoona!” Jessica told her, “What are you going to tell Seunghyun?  That you cheated on him with Yoochun?  You’re not even sure if anything happened.  You don’t remember a single thing!  I bet someone set this up.  I highly doubt you and Yoochun even had !”

            More tears began to roll down Yoona’s cheeks at the thought of her being unfaithful to Seunghyun.  She buried her face into her arm as the tears stained her shirt’s sleeve.

            “I have beliefs that I thought I would follow,” Yoona cried, “I wanted my first time to be with someone special.”

            Jessica’s eyes widened, “So you and Seunghyun never…you know?”

            “No,” Yoona shook her head, “I wanted to wait until marriage, and when Seunghyun found out, I thought he would leave me, but he didn’t.  He told me that he’d wait for me because I was worth it.  Now, I’m worthless.”

            Jessica patted Yoona’s back to comfort her friend.  So far, Yoochun, Yoona, and Jessica were the only ones that knew about it.  Jessica could hear Yoona’s attempt to make her cries as silent as possible.

            “Don’t cry,” Jessica murmured, “Nobody has to know.”

            Yoona stopped crying and looked at Jessica.  Was she suggesting that she shouldn’t tell Seunghyun?

            “Are you saying that I should lie to him?” Yoona asked.

            “It may sound bad, but yes, you should,” Jessica nodded.

            Yoona stood up in protest and was about to leave the room.  She could not stand the thought of lying to the love of her life.  This was something big to lie about, and she knew her conscience wouldn’t be able to take it.  Seunghyun had been her lover, protector, and friend for such a long time. 

            Jessica grabbed her hand and pulled her back down to sit down on a chair.  Jessica rested her hands on Yoona’s shoulders and gave her an intent stare.

            “Think about it…carefully,” Jessica advised, “Jiyong told me that Seunghyun used to be rotten before he got into this relationship with you.  He didn’t listen to his parents, he played with women, and he wasn’t serious about the family business.  He was just hurting himself.  If you tell him, he might be devastated and go back to his old ways.  Do you really want that to happen?”

____________________

            Jiyong was still alone in his hotel room with Seunghyun.  Seunghyun must have still been at the conference.  He was grateful that his brother was so attentive to the family business.  He stretched before he decided to get out of the hotel room to get some air.

            As he walked out of the hotel, he saw a crowd of women waiting out of the building.  He raised an eyebrow as to why they were there in the first place.  As he tried to make his way through the crowd, he heard a girlish shriek and saw a woman faint.  His eyes widened as everyone stared at him.

            “It’s Choi Jiyong!” someone screamed.

            “What the heck?” he gasped.

            How did other women from other countries know who he was?  He would understand if this happened in Korea, but now that he was in Australia, he thought there wouldn’t be people that would recognize him.

            The group of women started to chase him, but because he was very fast at running, he outran them after about five minutes into the chase.  To keep away from them, he entered a random café.  He was still panting as he spotted two familiar faces.  He walked up to the couple and put his hands on his hips.  He then put his hands in front of his mouth in shock.

            “Jiyoung, you told me you were here to meet up with that guy you went here for!” Jiyong scolded.

            Jiyoung scrunched her face up and gave an embarrassed smile.  She looked at her older cousin and began to giggle to herself.  With his hands on his hips, he reminded her of her mother. 

            “Oppa, I want you to meet Kikwang oppa,” Jiyoung grinned.

            Jiyong scoffed, “You idiot!  I know who he is.”

            Kikwang was actually embarrassed of the situation he was in.  When Jiyong pretended to be Jiyoung, he acted as if he was in love.  When it was revealed that Jiyong was actually a man, Kikwang actually vomited out of disgust and shock.  He needed to know who the real Jiyoung was, so when he found out that she was in Australia, he paid her a visit.

            “What happened to that Australian guy you claimed to be crazy for?” Jiyong questioned.

            “Well, he turned out to be a jerk, but it’s fine!” Jiyoung insisted, “I’m dating Kikwang oppa now.”

            Jiyong gasped, “And how long have you two known each other?”

            “Four days…” Jiyoung shyly replied.

            Kikwang stood up from his chair and bowed to Jiyong.  He knew that Jiyong had some kind of grudge against him.  His best friend had played Jiyong’s girlfriend and Kikwang always bothered him when he thought Jiyong was a woman. 

            “On behalf of Junhyung, I would like to apologize,” Kikwang bowed again, “And I would also like to apologize for always bothering you when I thought you were a woman.  Even I am at disgust with myself.  I’m just glad that you pushed me away when I tried to do something that I would obviously regret.”

            “You don’t even know how uncomfortable I was!” Jiyong retorted.

            At that moment, Jiyong’s phone rang loudly.  He fished it out from his pocket and began to smile like a child once he saw whom the call was from.  Jiyoung and Kikwang quickly sensed whom the call was from just by looking at the smile on his face.

            “Hello, jagi?” Jiyong broke into a wider smile.

            After about a few seconds, he replied, “I miss you, too.  Hyung and I will be home tomorrow for sure!  Listen, I’ll call you back later.  I love you!  Bye!”

            He hung up the phone and tried to frown again to show his disapproval of Jiyoung and Kikwang. 

            “Ah, you two are so sweet,” Jiyoung sighed, “How is she like?  I want to meet her.”

            Jiyong replied, “She’s great!  She’s a very talented clothing designer.  She sticks to her beliefs and she isn’t afraid to stand up for herself.  Most of all, she is independent, loving, beautiful, and trustworthy.”

            “We should double date!” Jiyoung suggested, “Or we could triple date.  I want to meet the woman Seunghyun oppa is dating, too!”

            “Triple date?  Not with Kikwang!  I refuse to let you date a monkey like him,” Jiyong ridiculed.

_________________________

            Yoona needed to calm down, so she volunteered to walk Charlie.  They had been walking for about ten minutes now.  She still didn’t know whether or not she should tell Seunghyun what had happened.  If she did tell him, he would probably leave her and consider Yoochun to be his enemy.  Without her, the Ahn family would have a different view on Seunghyun.  If she didn’t tell him, she would feel overly guilty and she would feel as if their whole relationship was built on one big lie.

            She was interrupted from her thoughts when she felt someone grab her wrist.  She quickly turned around to see who had grabbed her wrist. She saw Uee in a pair of shorts and a tank top.  It seemed as if she was out for a run.

            “What do you want?” Yoona asked.

            “Cut the crap,” Uee cleared , “I saw pictures of you and Yoochun.  Someone e-mailed them to me.  I don’t know who did, but I received them.”

            Yoona felt her heart drop.  Someone took pictures of the both of them.  This had to be some kind of setup. 

            “What are you talking about?” Yoona denied.

            “I saw those pictures!” Uee repeated, “You slept with Park Yoochun!  Isn’t he Seunghyun oppa’s rival?  How dare you cheat on him!  Seunghyun oppa will be devastated when he finds out!”

            Yoona felt her world crumbling down.  She knew that she had to tell him for sure.  She had no option whether or not to let him know.  Worried filled her eyes as her breathing grew heavier.

            “I won’t tell him if you do a favor for me,” Uee smiled.

_________________________

            Seunghyun began to walk around the shops as his phone rang another time.  He wouldn’t be checking his phone if there wasn’t a chance that it was from Yoona.  Sadly, he did not receive a text from his girlfriend.  He received a text from his brother.

 

From: Choi Jiyong

To: Choi Seunghyun

 

Hyung~~

I’m so hungry.  Go buy some Korean food when you come back.

 

            Within a few minutes, he received another text message.  Thinking that it may be Yoona, he quickly pulled it out of his pocket and read the message.

 

From: Umma (Choi Eugene)

To: Choi Seunghyun

 

Son, we have great news.  Ahn Kangta has just contacted us and he wants to do business with our company.  He wants to be the main provider of oil and gas for our airlines company.  I’m sure that he would like to do business more after this deal.  Our plan with Yoona really did work.  He claimed that his whole image of you changed after he found out you were with Yoona. 

 

            Seunghyun smiled to himself as he heard the great news.  He knew that everything Yoona touched turned into gold.  He texted his mother back claiming that he would personally thank the Ahn family once he returns to Korea.

            After about two hours, he returned to the hotel room with the food that Jiyong had wanted.  He saw Jiyong lingering in the dining room and Jiyoung sitting on a chair.  Jiyong was clutching his stomach as if he had not eaten in days.  He frantically walked over to Seunghyun and grabbed the plastic bag full of food. 

            “Jiyoung ah, what are you doing here?  You have your own place to stay at,” Seunghyun told her.

            “I missed my oppas!  And I’m returning to Korea with you guys tomorrow,” Jiyoung smiled.

            Jiyong rolled his eyes, “Hyung, Jiyoung is dating that freak, Kikwang!”

            “He is not a freak!” Jiyoung defended.

            Seunghyun began to chuckle to himself.  It was ironic that Kikwang took an interest in Jiyoung when he claimed his love for Jiyong.  He joined his brother and cousin in eating the food he bought after Jiyong had set up the dishes.  It was kind of difficult finding a genuine Korean restaurant in Australia.  Luckily, he found one that served great food.

            “Yah, hyung,” Jiyong said, “Why do you look so happy?”

            “Ahn Kangta chose to do business with us.  Finally, he gives in.  To add on to that, I have an announcement that I will make in a week or so,” Seunghyun grinned, “I guess you can say that it’s pretty important to me.”

            Jiyong put down her chopsticks as she stared at her cousin.  Her jaw dropped as she continued to observe Seunghyun.  Seunghyun had a smile on his face that he could not remove.  Jiyoung suddenly stood up causing both Jiyong and Seunghyun to grow cautious.

            “Something is up with you!” Jiyoung pointed at him.

            “Yeah, but I’m not announcing it right now,” Seunghyun informed her, “You’ll know in like a week.”

            Jiyoung approached Seunghyun and began to harass him by patting and touching his upper body.

            “Yah, Jiyoung,” Jiyong scolded, “Why are you feeling up your own cousin?  That’s disgusting!”

            Jiyoung rolled her eyes.  She was not feeling up her cousin!  She was just trying to find something.  Seunghyun tried shooing her away, but she was persistent. 

            “Where is it?” Jiyoung sighed.

            “What are you talking about?” Seunghyun grunted.

            Jiyoung stopped once she felt a square shaped object protruding out of his pocket.  Jiyoung tried to remove the object from his pocket, and Seunghyun slapped her hands away.

            She managed to snatch the small box from his pocket before he slapped her hands away.  She began to jump up and down as soon as she opened the little box.  Jiyong grew curious and looked at what Jiyoung was so excited about.

            “Whoa, isn’t this from Harry Winston?” Jiyoung gushed, “I can tell that this is customized!  This must have cost more than $80,000!”

            “Hyung, what is she talking about?” Jiyong asked.

            Jiyoung showed Jiyong the ring in the velvet box.  The ring was just magnificent.  It was obvious that many professionals beautifully crafted it.  The diamonds on it shined with a unique charm.  Jiyoung took the ring out from box and was about to read the engraved writing inside of it.  Before they could read it, Seunghyun snatched it away.

            “It’s not for your eyes,” he growled.

            Jiyong stared, “Hyung, you’re going to propose to Yoona?”

____________________

Author's Notes:  Just because we were in a VERY good mood today, we decided to update again! :D

Adequate amount of sleep + no work + cancelled classes= good mood + update

 

We hope that you enjoyed it! :D