The Warning

Love in Disguise

 

            Yoona knew that Seunghyun was hiding something from her.  She couldn’t get her mind off it even if she was shopping with some of her closest friends.  Sunny and Fei continued to look through the assorted candies while Yoona followed them.  She wanted to know why he was so eager to hide his past from her. 

            “What are you thinking of?” Sunny asked, “It seems as if you’re in a deep thought.”

            Yoona shook her head as she joined them in choosing a bunch of different types of candies.  Yoona took a bag of lollipops and set it in the shopping cart.  They were going to a preschool to volunteer.  Through this program, they were going to be paired up with a little boy or girl to be their mentor.  The three decided to buy candy for the children with hopes that it would make a good impression on them. 

            “Seunghyun has been acting a bit weird,” Yoona finally admitted, “I went on that date with Yoochun and he revealed that Seunghyun had a woman he was deeply in love with.  I asked Seunghyun, and he said no.  I know he’s lying because he seemed nervous when I asked him that question.  What if…what if he’s still seeing her?”

            Sunny shook her head, “No, Seunghyun oppa seems like the faithful type!”

            “But then again, he was one of the university’s leading playboys,” Fei reminded her, “You know what?  Never mind!  Yoona, don’t accuse him until you see it with your eyes.  Problems always arise when one makes up conclusions without evidence.”

            “Thanks for the advice, unnie,” Yoona smiled.

_____________________

            The media has been in chaos after Choi Jiyong and Jung Jessica were seen together on a date.  Rumors about the two individuals have been circulating around for the past two weeks after it was revealed that Choi Jiyong had pretended to be a woman to enter Jung Jessica’s university.  Many speculations have been made because of their close nature. 

            When photographers caught the two on a date, Choi Jiyong was questioned whether or not they had a relationship.  Choi Jiyong proudly stated, “Yeah, she’s my girlfriend now.  I consider myself to be a very lucky man.” 

            We wish this new couple the best of luck in the future.

 

            Jessica’s jaw dropped as she read the news article from her iPhone.  The media was really quick in reporting the latest updates.  Hyoyeon and Taeyeon looked over at the phone screen and gasped out in surprise.  Taeyeon was braiding Hyoyeon’s hair as they continued to read the article.  The article had a picture of Jiyong and Jessica holding hands as they exited a movie theater.  Jiyong looked extremely proud, and Jessica seemed quite nervous.  She wasn’t used to the fame and cameras following her.

            “You’re so lucky!” Hyoyeon gushed, “You have a handsome, rich, and caring boyfriend!  I’m so glad that you two are officially together.  Your relationship with him was like a rollercoaster ride, huh?”

            Jessica nodded, “Yeah, the beginning had a lot of ups and downs.  I just hope that everything will be more peaceful from now on.”

            Taeyeon pouted as she stared at the large bouquet of flowers on the table.  Jiyong had it delivered to Jessica before their date.  Next to the bouquet of flowers was a box of expensive chocolates.  Jessica giggled to herself as she saw Taeyeon eyeing the box of chocolates.

            “Unnie, if you wanted the chocolates, all you had to do was ask!” Jessica laughed to herself.

            Taeyeon sighed in defeat and joined in on the laughter.  Jessica walked over to the table and reached for the box of chocolates.  She lifted it and handed it over to Taeyeon while Hyoyeon helped her open the box.  Jessica saw a piece of paper that was where the box was.  She guessed that the folded paper was under the box the entire time.  She unfolded it and looked at it carefully.  At first, she thought that it was a note from Jiyong that was attached to the box of chocolates, but then she second-guessed it.  She knew Jiyong enough to know that he wouldn’t use a crummy piece of paper to write a love note.

            “What is it?” Hyoyeon asked.

            Jessica read the paper and then crumpled it in her fist.  She forced a smile on her face and quickly turned around.  Her breathing felt heavy and her fingers began to shake.  She nervously swallowed and displayed a strained smile.

            “Nothing, it’s just Jiyong’s note,” Jessica misinformed them, “It’s not important.”

            Taeyeon and Hyoyeon nodded and continued to eat the imported chocolates that Jiyong had given Jessica.  Jessica already had two pieces, but she didn’t have a sweet tooth like Hyoyeon and Taeyeon.

            Jessica slowly walked to the trash bin and threw the unwanted note in the garbage.  How did that note get into her dorm?  Should she tell Jiyong about this?  She shook her head quickly.  No, she couldn’t do it.  She forced another smile on her face while she walked back to her friends.  The note had to be a cruel joke.

_________________________

            Yoona walked into the preschool classroom.  She hadn’t been in a room with so much color and toys in so long.  She had a grin glued to her face as she remembered her childhood days in preschool.  It was a time when there were no real worries and troubles. 

            The schoolteacher walked up to Yoona, Sunny, and Fei.  The three women bowed to the teacher while she bowed back to them.  The teacher had a beautiful smile.  With a petite figure, she looked very approachable and outgoing. She was suited up in a dress and a pair of heels. 

            “Hello, my name is Park Luna.  My students call me Ms. Park, but I’d prefer if we just call each other on a first name basis,” Luna grinned.

            Sunny introduced, “Well my name is Lee Sunny.  Next to me is Im Yoona, and my other friend is Wang Fei.  We were informed about a mentorship program.”

            “Yes,” Luna nodded, “Well, I consider this to be fate because there are three children left who still don’t have mentors.”

            After the formal introductions, Yoona was paired up with her mentored child.  Yoona thought that she was the most adorable thing ever.  Her cheeks were chubby, her eyes were round, and she had a bright smile.  The little girl she was paired up with was wearing overalls while her hair was in pigtails. 

            “Hello, my name is Im Yoona.  What’s your name?” Yoona informed her.

            She replied in a bubbly tone, “My name is Park—uh—Park Hyeri.”

            Yoona looked at her with confusion.  Why did she sound so hesitant with her name?  Yoona kneeled down as Hyeri gave a nervous smile.  Yoona knew that she was the shy type of girl.  That was the complete opposite of what Yoona was as a child.

            “Are you confused about your name or something?” Yoona questioned.

            She shrugged her shoulders as she pouted out her lips, “Sometimes, I don’t know what my name is.  Some big people told me that my mommy died, and they don’t know who my daddy is.  I think I’m supposed to have my daddy’s last name, but I don’t know, so I get sad.”

            Yoona frowned.  She didn’t know who her parents were.  Her heart felt like it was breaking as she saw tears forming in Hyeri’s eyes.  Hyeri was an orphan and she was wretched over it.

            “Well, your name is Park Hyeri,” Yoona told her, “That’s your name, so don’t be confused.”

            Yoona’s phone rang loudly in her purse.  She opened her purse’s zipper and began to fish for her phone.  Once she found it, she grabbed it and read who was calling.  She rolled here eyes to see that it was Seunghyun.  He was always calling her to check up on her.  Yoona pressed the green button and held it against her ear.

            “Where are you?” he barked, “You didn’t answer my texts!”

            Yoona winced as she brought the phone a few inches away from her ear.  He was nagging at her again because she didn’t tell him about the mentorship program that she had just entered.  She was planning on telling him once she got home.

            “You’re so annoying,” Yoona harshly whispered, “I’ll talk to you once I get home.”

            She didn’t even wait for his reply.  She quickly hung up and put her phone on silent.  She dropped her phone in her bag and gave Hyeri a friendly smile.  Hyeri grabbed Yoona’s hand as Yoona led her to the swing set.

            “Hyeri, do you want to go to the swings?  I can push you,” Yoona offered.

            Hyeri changed the subject as she looked up at Yoona, “Unnie, were you talking to your prince charming on the phone?”

            “My prince charming?” Yoona asked.

            She nodded quickly, “Ms. Park said that even the princess and the prince get mad at each other.  They yell at each other on the phone and in person, but they still love each other.”

            Yoona smiled, “I guess you can say that he’s my prince charming.”

            After about an hour, their session was over.  Yoona had to go home, and Seunghyun had insisted that he was going to pick her up.  Even though Sunny had offered to give her a ride home, Yoona had to reject it because Seunghyun had texted her saying that he was already on his way there.  Yoona waited on a bench on a sidewalk as she waited for her ride.  The students and teachers already left the school, and Sunny and Fei were getting into Sunny’s car.  Yoona waved at her two friends as the car backed up.  Fei and Sunny waved back from the car and then they drove away.  Yoona jumped up a bit after she heard her phone interrupt the silence.  She looked for her phone in her purse and expected it to be Seunghyun.  She raised an eyebrow to see the name on her phone’s screen.

            “Nichkhun oppa?” Yoona answered after she picked up the call.

            Nichkhun replied, “Yoona ah!  I missed you!  How come we haven’t been able to hang out in so long?”

            Yoona frowned.  She didn’t want to tell him the real reason.  She couldn’t tell one of her best friends that she didn’t get to hang out with him for so long because her boyfriend was overly jealous and protective when she spoke with another man.

            “I’ve been busy with homework and projects.  I’m sorry, oppa,” Yoona stretched the truth.

            “Yoona, we’ve known each other for so long, and you can’t make time for me?  Please hang out with me, Yuri, and, Seohyun.  We’re going somewhere on Saturday night,” Nichkhun begged.

            Yoona sighed.  She did feel guilty.  She had a chance to hang out with all her girl friends but because Nichkhun was a guy, she couldn’t hang out with him as much as she wanted to.  Seunghyun was just so insecure that she was going to fall in love with another man.

            “I’ll see what I can do, oppa,” Yoona said.

            She glanced over and saw Seunghyun’s car pulling up next to the curb.  She needed to end the call quick before Seunghyun grew suspicious over who she was speaking to. 

            “Oppa, I need to go now.  I’ll call you if I can go,” Yoona informed him, “I need to go now.  Good-bye and take care!”

            Yoona hung up and dropped her phone in her purse.  Seunghyun exited the car and walked to the other side of his car.  He gave Yoona a quick kiss on the lips and then opened the door for her.  Yoona smiled and entered the car.  Before he closed the car door, he leaned into the car and gave her another sweet kiss. 

            “Darling, who were you talking to?” he questioned.

            “It was Seohyun.  She wants to do something together,” Yoona misled him.

______________________________

            Jessica stretched in her seat as she put down her controller.  She gave Jiyong a triumphant smile as Jiyong pouted.  He pout down his controller and crossed his arms across his chest.

            “Babe, you at this game!” Jessica teased.

            The couple had been playing a fighting game on Jiyong’s PS3 for the past hour, and Jessica had been kicking his without putting in a real effort.  Jessica was nervous just a few hours ago.  She had met Eugene and Danny for the first time.  She thought that they would hate her because she was the one who revealed that Jiyong was impersonating his cousin, but they respected her for being punctual and sticking to her beliefs. 

            “I’m glad that you finally met my parents.  I think that they’re happy that I finally have a good girlfriend,” Jiyong smiled.

            “I’m better than your former girlfriends,” Jessica cockily claimed as she stood up.

            She put her hands on her waist as Jiyong stood up and laughed to himself.  He knew it was true, but it seemed as if she didn’t need anyone to assure her that it was true.  Jessica was something else.  It was as if she didn’t care about his money, looks, or popularity like his past lovers.  She loved him because of his real self.  She liked his bad boy front, but she was in love with the fact that he had a kind, genuine heart.

            Jiyong pulled the belt hoops to her jeans causing her body to be closer to his.  Jessica gave a flirtatious grin as she lightly wrapped her arms around his neck.  Jiyong leaned in and kissed her gently.  Once her lips were against his, he felt a taste of heaven.  His lips moved against hers and then he pulled away slowly.

            “And you’re a better kisser than all of them combined,” Jiyong beamed.

            Jessica rolled her eyes, “That better be true.”

            “Of course,” he confirmed with a wink.

            He surprised her by lifting her into his arms and walking over to his bed.  While he walked towards his bed, she leaned in to continue the kiss that he broke.  Once they reached the bed, Jessica unwrapped her arms around his slender neck.  Without parting their lips from each other, Jessica laid on her back while Jiyong hovered over her.

            Jessica’s lips parted giving him access for his tongue to enter .  His tongue interacted with hers as his hands began to roam around her slim body.  He broke the kiss giving them both a chance to breathe.  Jessica gave a faint smile as she traced his lips with her finger.

            “These lips are a masterpiece,” Jessica complimented.

            “I love you so much,” Jiyong breathed.

            Jiyong pulled her into his lap as she straddled him.  His hands explored her body as it trailed down her toned tummy to her pants.  He began to her jeans as he kissed her neck.

            The two became startled once they heard a loud knock against his bedroom door.  Jiyong broke away from her and frowned.  Jessica froze and then pulled herself off of him reluctantly.  Jiyong was glad that he had locked the door.

            “Who is it?” Jiyong barked.

            “It’s me, oppa!  I want to meet my new unnie!  Yoona unnie told me that you have a girlfriend now!  I want to meet her right now!” Janey shouted from the other side of the door.

            Jessica smiled, “You have a little sister?  I want to meet her!”

            Jessica jumped off the bed and briskly made her way to the door to unlock it.

            “Sica!” Jiyong complained, “You’re not off the hook!  You’re supposed to be paying attention to me right now!”

_______________________

            Seunghyun frowned as he adjusted the tie around his neck.  He had to go to a stupid meeting with his father.  He was going to spend his Saturday night in a businessman’s home having dinner with him and his family.  Danny suggested Seunghyun to go with him because he was going to take over the company soon.  He looked past his open doorway to see that Yoona’s door was open.  She was getting ready to hang out with her friends.  Yoona looked beautiful in a new denim jacket and a pair of black leggings. 

            He poked his head into her room as she put on her pair of flats.  She smiled at him and walked towards him.

            “You look so handsome,” she complimented.

            He was wearing his usual outfit when he went to work with his father.  A black tie, a blazer, a white long-sleeved shirt, and a pair of slacks always made up his attire when he was getting down to business.

            He replied, “I have to dress in black tie to look handsome.  You could dress up in a garbage bag, and you’ll still look breathtakingly beautiful.”

            Yoona sighed and slid her arms around him.  With her cheek against his chest, she closed her eyes and inhaled his thrilling scent.  He was a beautiful man, and he didn’t even know it. 

            “You look handsome no matter what,” Yoona assured him.

            He pulled her chin up so that she made eye contact with him.  He looked into her eyes and saw a big smile on her face.  He managed to suppress his want to smile and laugh.

            “You don’t have to flatter me,” he informed her.

            “But it’s true,” Yoona playfully argued.

            He finally grinned, “Even when I get old?  You’ll still consider me to be handsome?”

            “Of course,” Yoona promised.

            Seunghyun gave his girlfriend a quick, but sweet kiss.  He then wrapped his arms around her and lifted her.  With her feet off the floor, he twirled her and kissed her on the cheek before he set her down. 

            “How sweet,” they heard someone say.

            They turned around and saw Eugene with a satisfied smile on her face.  Yoona blushed a deep shade of crimson while Seunghyun cleared his throat nervously.  Eugene was dressed in a purple dress that hugged her curves.  Her wavy hair was pinned back with a silver barrette. 

            “You two are just too cute,” Eugene grinned, “I’m glad that my boys finally found real women.  Yoona, I’m glad that you two are finally together—for real this time.”

            Yoona gave a nervous grin.  Seunghyun still had not told his parents that they were truly dating. 

            “You know already?” Yoona bit her lip.

            “Of course, dear,” Eugene nodded, “Seunghyun’s attitude has improved, he was smiling more, and you two act as if you guys actually get along now.  It was bound for the both of you to fall in love.  Danny and I realized it since the beginning.”

            Seunghyun replied, “Why didn’t you tell us that you knew?”

            “We thought that you already knew,” Eugene shrugged, “Seunghyun, your father is waiting downstairs for you.”

__________________________

            Jessica yawned as she walked out of the building.  She was in school on a Saturday night because she was helping some of the staff come up with the orientation program for next year’s freshmen.  She wrapped her warm scarf around her neck and continued to walk towards dorms.  Her dorm was only a short distance from the administrative building she was in earlier.

            Her heeled boots made a clacking sound against the pavement.  She grew a bit cautious as she felt someone’s presence around her.  She looked around and saw no one.  The university’s dim lights lit the path for her, but she still felt as if she was walking in the darkness.  She quickened her pace because she felt as if someone was following her. 

            Because she quickened her pace, she tripped over a tree root sticking past the ground’s surface.  She fell on her knees and hands.  Jessica grunted as she stood up and brushed the dust off her coat.  The roots of the big tree had caused the pavement to bump up.  She needed to report it and tell the administrative team so they could fix it.

            Right when she stood up, she felt someone yank her arm.  Jessica gasped and looked at the person pulling on her arm violently.

            “Leave me alone!” she shrieked.

            No one could hear her.  The staff had gone home and she wasn’t that close to her dorms yet.  She looked at the person who had a tight grip on her arm.  Jessica brushed it away and tried to examine the person. 

            She couldn’t see her face.  Her eyes were shielded with her large fedora hat.  Jessica could only see her lips.  With a trench coat on, she dug her hands into her pockets.  Her lips formed a small, sneaky smile.

            “Who are you?” Jessica questioned demandingly.

            The woman smiled, “I’m surprised you didn’t run.  People are usually afraid of me.  I can see why Jiyong likes you.”

            “What do you want?” Jessica grew irritated.

            The woman’s voice was a hoarse whisper.  Jessica couldn’t figure out whose voice it was.  She thought that all whispers sounded similar. 

            “Keep away from Jiyong or you will suffer the consequences.  You will regret it.  I promise.  This is my last warning for you,” she said.

            Without another word, she turned around and walked away from Jessica.  Jessica grabbed her arm, but the woman twisted Jessica’s arm and pushed it away.  Jessica groaned from the sudden attack as she fell to the floor again.  The woman gave another sinister smile and walked away after nodding her head.

_______________________

            “I can’t believe this,” Yoona’s voice shook, “I can’t believe Nichkhun!  How can he do this?”

            Yuri comforted Yoona while Seohyun sat down with snacks and drinks in her hands.  She offered her snacks to the two, but Yuri and Yoona politely shook their heads.  Yoona was sitting in a VIP box that overlooked the octagon ring.  Her hands were shaky.  Why didn’t Nichkhun tell her that the outing he was talking about was one of his fights?  He knew that Yoona never wanted to watch one of his fights!  She hated seeing her dear friend getting hurt.

            “Unnie, I thought you knew that it was his fight today.  It was all over television that he was going to fight!” Seohyun declared.

            “Seohyun, I don’t watch much television,” Yoona frowned.

            Their attention was towards the announcer in the middle of the ring.  Yoona bit her lower lip nervously as she pressed her palms together as if she was praying.  She was nervous.  What if Nichkhun got hurt?  She knew that he had never lost a fight, but he would often have cuts and bruises after his fights.

            The announcer was introducing Nichkhun’s opponent.  Nichkhun’s opponent was a tall, well-built Caucasian from Europe.  Yoona’s jaw dropped.  He looked very tough, and it worried Yoona.  The crowd went crazy as the opponent had a cocky smile on his face.  Then, Nichkhun made his entrance.  He had a pleasant smile on her face as he waved at the audience.  He then pointed at the VIP box where Yoona, Seohyun, and Yuri were and blew a sweet kiss at them.  Yoona’s frown stayed on her face as she crossed her arms against her chest.

~~~~~

            Tears began to stream down Yoona’s face as Yuri handed her a tissue from her purse.  Nichkhun had won the fight, but he had injured his ankle in the process.  His opponent was larger than him, but Nichkhun had more speed.  When Nichkhun had injured his ankle, Yoona was brought to tears because of the expression on his face.  He looked as if he was in pain.  There were a few bruises on Nichkhun’s face.  He also had a bloody nose.  His opponent had major bruises on his face and his arm was severely injured.  The referee had to stop the fight and declare Nichkhun as the winner because the opponent’s arm seemed to be dislocated because of Nichkhun’s submission hold.

            “Unnie, let’s go meet oppa in his dressing room,” Seohyun suggested. 

            Yoona nodded as she tried to halt her tears.  If any of her friends got hurt as much as Nichkhun got hurt, she would have cried.  She hated seeing the important people in her life getting hurt.  She didn’t even know why Nichkhun wanted to be a fighter.  He was risking his health.

            When they got into his locker room, Yoona saw a doctor wrapping Nichkhun’s ankle.  His trainer was congratulating him on the win with a luminous smile on his face.  He patted Nichkhun’s shoulder.  The doctor and the trainer left the room to give the friends time alone.  Once the door closed, Yoona burst into tears again.  A shot of guilt washed over Nichkhun to see her crying.

            “Why didn’t you tell me that our ‘hangout’ was going to be you getting beat by a foreign guy?” Yoona cried out.

            Yuri nodded, “Oppa, you should have told her.  Yoona thought that we were going to a concert or something.”

            “I’m sorry,” Nichkhun apologized, “I just didn’t think that it was a big deal.  Yoona had never watched any of my fights, and I really wanted her to be there.  Seohyun and Yuri always make it to my fights.”

            Seohyun frowned, “Yuri unnie, can you help me to the restroom.  I think Yoona unnie needs to talk to Nichkhun oppa alone.”

            Yuri immediately agreed and they both walked out of the locker room together.  Yoona pressed her lips together and took a deep sigh. 

            “Why didn’t you tell me?” she repeated.

            He replied, “You wouldn’t go if you knew.”

            “Do you think I enjoy seeing my friend getting beat by another guy?  I hate it,” Yoona uttered.

            He responded, “I wasn’t beat by him.  I actually won.”

            “You injured yourself on the way to beating him,” Yoona reminded him.

            “Why do you even care so much?” Nichkhun finally asked.

            “It’s because I love you a—,” Yoona cried.

            Nichkhun stood up and grabbed her wrist.  His ankle was hurting a bit, but he ignored the pain.  He was about to kiss Yoona until she backed away after sensing what he was planning on doing.  Nichkhun froze as she avoided eye contact with him.

            “I love you as a friend, Khun. You didn’t let me finish.  I was going to say that I love you as a friend,” Yoona muttered, “I’m sorry.  I have a boyfriend, and I’m in love with him.”



 

Authors' Notes:

Sunshine94:  I'm really sorry we haven't updated in soooo long.  I started college last month, and I've been super duper busy.  I hardly have time to even meet up with Jess to write new chapters and to post it.  Jess and I kind of regret taking extra classes. -____- we're buried in homework and projects.

jessicajessica:  Yeah, it's kinda sad how we don't even have time anymore...even for each other and we've been friends for so long.  In fact, we halved the parts.  Sunshine got the TopYoon parts and I got the JiSica parts.  We hope that you enjoyed the update.  We probably won't be able to update in a while, but we'll try our very best!  Thank you for reading! :)