Trying to Move On

Love in Disguise

 

 

 


 

         

                  Seunghyun puffed out a breath of air to see Uee in his office again.  Why did his secretary let her into his office?  It wasn’t a good way to start the day for him.  He sat down in his chair as Uee tried to talk to him.  He glared at her with irritation that she was still trying to get together with him.

                  “Uee, you need to get out,” Seunghyun muttered, “I need to work.”

                  Uee’s smile faded as she tried to fish out a lunch box from her purse.  She put her purse down on a table as she took the lunch box out from her bag.

                  “Oppa, I made you some lunch for you today.  I thought you might not have time to go out during your break, so I made you some lunch,” she stated.

                  Seunghyun tugged on his tie and loosened it.  It wasn’t a bad day.  It was a bad week for him.  Because he was the new president of the company, everyone was breathing down his neck to close a deal with the Ahn family.  It didn’t help that Yoona was one of the new head figures of the company.  Ever since she joined her father, they had been unstoppable.  In fact, she was assigned to deal with Choi Corporations.  Kangta gave her authority to decide whether or not they would do business with them.

                  His secretary poked her head out after opening the door.  She had a worried look on her face as if there was trouble coming. 

                  “Mr. Choi, Ahn Yoona is here for the meeting,” she informed him. 

                  Without a prior warning, Yoona entered the room.  Seunghyun thought that she would insult him for having Uee there, but she didn’t.  Yoona gave Uee a quick glance before sitting down on a chair.  Uee seemed to be completely lost.  Yoona turned to her to see how much she didn’t change.

                  She was still wearing expensive clothes that her battling, divorced parents bought for her.  Yoona was wearing a white blouse with a black pencil skirt while Uee wore a pair of designer jeans and a $200 shirt. 

                  “Hi, Uee,” Yoona smiled with a wave.

                  Uee seemed dumbfounded that Yoona was so calm with her.  She thought that she would rip her hair out after several tabloids had reported rumors of Uee and Seunghyun dating after the breakup.  Yoona brushed her fingers through her hair as she waited for Seunghyun to start the meeting he wanted to have.

                  “Uee, you need to get out,” he ordered.

                  Uee felt awkward and immediately followed his order.  She oddly bowed to the both of them before leaving.  She closed the door behind her as the secretary led her out of the building.  Yoona crossed her legs and rested her hands on her knees.

                  “I wasn’t expecting you,” he admitted, “I was expecting your father.”

                  “He’s busy with investors from the middle east.  What you see is what you get,” Yoona told him, “Seunghyun, it seems as if you didn’t change at all.”

                  Seunghyun took a seat across from her and stared at her.  Why was she talking about change when she was the one that changed the most?  She used to be so sweet and innocent. Now, she was independent, but she covered her emotions with her new designer clothes and jewels.

                  “You still like to involve your personal life with your professional life,” she commented.

                  When they were still together, Yoona used to for always trying to call or text her when he was at work.  It was now different because Yoona was no longer with him.  Seeing Uee in his office clarified to her that he had new interests.

                  “She’s not my girlfriend,” Seunghyun defended.

                  She shrugged her shoulders, “I never asked.  I don’t even care anyways.  You could do whatever you want.”

                  He grew frustrated with how she was acting.  She was acting like a completely different person.  It was odd because even though they weren’t together, Seunghyun wanted her to never change from the person he had met in the beginning.

                  Yoona was the sweet, dorky, and loving band geek that cared about everyone.  Now, she was just a cold, rich woman. 

                  She cleared , “I have reviewed the terms with my father.  Ahn Corporations will provide oil and fuel to your company’s airplanes as long as the Ahn name is advertised in the airlines and at the price that was originally agreed upon.”

                  He was honestly expecting them to cut ties with the Choi family.  Seunghyun was so sure that Kangta would refuse to deal with the Choi family after the two brothers broke the hearts of his daughters, but with Yoona’s advice, he gave in and decided to go on with their deals.

                  “I know what you’re wondering,” she spoke up, “You thought my family was going to cancel everything.  Unlike you, I don’t let my personal relationships or grudges interfere with business.”

                  Yoona glanced at her wristwatch to see that it was already noon.  She stood up from her seat as soon as Seunghyun signed the contract after reviewing the terms.  Yoona extended her hand out to him.  He looked at her hand and then at her face.

                  It was true that he was lying to himself.  Just by looking at her hand, he remembered all those times when he would hold her hand.  That hand had pinched his cheeks, caressed his face, and even flicked his forehead when he was acting stupid.  Now, it was confirming that they were no longer lovers; they were nothing.  They were just business partners.

                  He shook her hand with a grim look on his face.  She was moving on, and he desperately needed to move on, too.

______________________

                  “Jiyong, I want you to take care of these reports,” Eugene told him.

                  Jiyong glowered at the folders that his mother passed to him.  He was supposed to be doing work for the company, but his mind was preoccupied with Jessica and another type of work.  Just like Jessica, he wanted to design clothes.  He also wanted to spend days where he would just take pictures of beautiful sights, but his family’s expectations for him made it impossible.  His parents made it clear that it was never going to happen.

                  Jiyong nodded as he took the folders from his mother.  His mother then patted his hand.  She knew that he hated being next in line for vice-president. 

                  “Jiyong, I know that you may not like the fact that you will lead the company with your brother, but you need to just accept it,” Eugene encouraged.

                  “You raised me to believe that I can achieve what I wanted to be as long as I worked hard enough for it.  I have been taking photography and design classes since I was in high school.  I even pretended to be a woman so that I can go to Korea’s best fashion school.  I worked hard, but why can’t I be what I want to be?” Jiyong asked.

                  Eugene frowned.  She did teach him to work hard for what he wanted, but it was just too complicated.  Once Jiyong was born, it was already set in stone that he would lead the company with his older brother.

                  “I’m sorry,” Eugene apologized, “I’m sorry for making things complicated.”

__________________________

                  Yoona began to sip on her coffee in silence as Yoochun entered the restaurant.  He immediately saw Yoona and took a seat in front of her.  She put down her coffee mug and dabbed a tissue against the side of her lips.

                  “Yoochun, you know that you don’t have to help me, right?” Yoona swallowed.

                  “I want to,” Yoochun insisted, “I know that Seunghyun is important to you, and I’m part of the reason as to why you two broke up.  It’s the least I could do because—.”

                  Yoona interrupted, “It’s not your fault why we broke up. It’s him.  He’s too stubborn and it broke us apart—that’s enough about Seunghyun for now.  Did you find out who Hyeri’s mother is?”

                  He nodded.  He took out a black folder and pushed it towards her. 

                  “I couldn’t get all the information on her.  Her birthday, hometown, and even her first name have been erased from all her records.  All I know is that her last name is Park.  Ms. Park signed Hyeri’s birth certificate.  She left the father’s name blank, but after my investigators snooped down more, they found a possible candidate for her father.  There’s a very high chance that he is the father.  In fact, my workers are sure of it,” Yoochun claimed.

                  “Who is it?” Yoona asked, “I’ll contact who the father is and tell him that he has a daughter.”

                  Yoochun sighed, “My workers said it is Seunghyun.”

                  Yoona’s jaw dropped as her hands went limp.  Her body felt weak and brittle.  She thought back to when Seunghyun was telling her about his first love after they had that big fight.  He did tell her about his first love, but he never told Yoona what her name was.  Even though Yoona threw several names at who his first love could be, he never budged.  He said it was better off if she didn’t know.

                  “S-Seunghyun is a father?” Yoona’s voice broke.

                  That was when it struck Yoona.  What if Hyeri’s mother was Sandara?  She was the only woman that Yoona could think of that was associated with the Choi family with the last name Park.  She shook away her thoughts.  There were many women with the last name Park. 

___________________________

                  Jessica bit her lip with worry, as her breathing grew heavy.  She could not believe that the press had already figured out she was pregnant.  She thought she was discreet when she was going to her doctor appointments.  Changmin, who was getting closer and closer to her, was by her side when she watched the news on television of rumors going around that Jessica was pregnant.  To make it worse, it claimed that Changmin was the father because he was always around with her.  In fact, he was the one to her to her appointments.

                  “Oppa,” Jessica worried, “I don’t know what to do.  I’m sorry for getting you mixed up with this drama.  I’m very sorry.”

                  He wrapped his arm around her, “It’s fine, Sica.  I never really cared about what the press said about me anyways.  All that matters is that you’re fine.”

                  A maid approached them with a distressed expression on her face.  Jessica sensed that she was nervous about something.

                  “Is there something wrong?” Jessica asked.

                  “Madam Jessica, you have a guest,” the maid informed her.

                  Jessica raised an eyebrow in wonder.  Who was that guest?  She wasn’t expecting anyone, and she couldn’t really let anyone to see her.  With the news going around that she was pregnant, she just needed time away from everyone.

                  “I’m not accepting any guests right now,” Jessica frowned.

                  The maid breathed, “Madam, this guest is very persistent.  He will not leave even though we tell him that you are not available.”

                  Before Jessica could say another word, her unexpected guest appeared.  She took a step back as a scowl appeared on her face.

                  “What the hell do you want?” she snapped.

                  Jiyong had entered the house despite the butler and maids’ attempts to stop him.  He stared at Jessica to see how stressed out she was.  Because she wasn’t wearing a loose top or flowy dress to cover up her baby bump like she normally did in public, it was visible that she was pregnant.

                  “Jessica, the news is correct?” he asked in disbelief, “You’re really pregnant?”

                  Jessica glared, “I am pregnant.  If that was what you came for, you can leave now.”

                  “Am I the father?” he asked.

                  He was hoping he was the father.  It killed him to know that she had already moved onto another man.  It would kill him to know that she was going to start a family with someone other than him.        Changmin watched them both and saw the tension between them.  Jiyong looked desperate for her, and she seemed as if she just didn’t want to be in his presence.  It was as if he was seeking for forgiveness, and she had developed a sense of hatred for him.

                  “You’re not the father, okay?” she lied, “Get out of my house.”

                  “Then who’s the father?” Jiyong questioned, “Don’t tell me that it’s Changmin!  You told me that you only look at him like an older brother!”

                  Jessica was stuck in a rut.  She didn’t know what to say.  She didn’t want to involve Changmin in, but she didn’t want to tell Jiyong that he was the father. 

                  “Jessica, I was wrong, okay?  I still love you.  I will never stop loving you,” he finally confessed, “This is one big misunderstanding!  I can explain everything.  I can tell you everything.  Just please come back to me.”

                  Jessica shook her head, “I don’t need your explanation.  I just need you to move on.  I already moved on, and you desperately need to do it, too.”

                  Changmin knew that Jiyong would not leave until he got what he wanted.  Unfortunately for Jessica, she just wanted him gone.

                  “Jiyong, you should leave.  I am the father of Jessica’s baby.  We already plan on getting married.  Please don’t interfere with our relationship,” Changmin said calmly.

                  Jessica and Jiyong both stared at Changmin.  He kept his serene composure as he draped his arm over Jessica’s shoulders.  Jiyong felt his heart crumbling down to pieces.  She really had moved on.  Were all the memories and moments they had together nothing to her?

_________________________

                  Uee was excited that Seunghyun had called her to go to his office.  He had finally invited her into his office!  This had to be some form of improvement.  She was always the one that had to go to his office or house to see him.  Uee knocked on his door and opened it to see that Seunghyun was sitting in his office chair with a pair of reading glasses on.  As soon as he saw her, he signaled for her to take a seat.  He didn’t even smile, which seemed to alarm Uee.

                  Uee took a seat and fidgeted in it to see the expression on his face.  He was trying to keep his cool, but he was like a volcano ready to explode.

                  “Oppa, I’m glad that you called me over to your office.  Do you want to have dinner after this or something?” Uee asked with a smile.

                  He changed the subject, “Do you know important Yoona was to my life?”

                  Uee was dumbfounded that he managed to bring up his ex-girlfriend even though it was clear to everyone that she didn’t want to be with him anymore.  It angered her that all he thought about was Yoona.  Why was it always Yoona?  She was a band geek that wasn’t that special!  At school, she was a nobody.  The only reason why she became someone was because she started dating Seunghyun.  The only reason why people know her now was because she was a lost heiress.

                  “Why is it always about her?” Uee erupted, “She’s not special!  She’s a fake!  She’s a cheater!”

                  “She’s not!” his voice boomed, “I read your diary!”

                  He slammed down her diary on the desk.  It had fallen from her purse earlier in the day, and he found it.

                  “It’s not mine,” she denied.

                  To Seunghyun, Uee was just a compulsive liar.  She had ruined his relationship with Yoona, and it was unforgivable.  He was about to ask her to marry him.  He was so close to his true happiness, but it was ruined because of Uee.

                  “It’s yours,” he snarled, “I read it.”

                  “It’s not mine!” she repeated.

                  Seunghyun took the diary and opened it to a page that he had read earlier.

                  “January 15,” he read aloud, “I found out that Yoona and Yoochun were going to have a secret meeting, so we took the opportunity to take our plan into action.  We drugged their drinks, paid the waiters, and dragged them to the nearest hotels.  After stripping down their clothes down to their underwear, we put them on the bed, took pictures, and left.  That will be the perfect blackmail for Yoona to break up with oppa.  I’ll just pretend that someone had sent me those pictures so that I can look innocent.  It was just too easy.”

                  Uee burst into tears as Seunghyun glared at her with wrath.  She had broken him apart from the woman of his dreams.  He felt guilty for doubting Yoona.  She was innocent all along, and now, she was tainted with anger and mistrust for Seunghyun.

                  He stood up as he grabbed his coat.

                  “Oppa, are you angry?” she asked with desperation, “I only did it because I loved you!  I have loved you for years, but you made it clear that you were never capable of love.  What makes her so different?  She’s too ordinary for you! Why are you leaving?  Where are you going?”

                  “I’m going to fix what you broke,” he muttered under his breath.


Authors Notes

Sunshine94:  Yay, another update, and this time we didn't keep you guys waiting for too long like we usually do lol.  Thanks for reading; we really do appreciate it! :)

jessicajessica:  Thanks for reading.  We finally finished plotting how we wanted everything to go down, and all we need to do is write (which is the hardest part lol).  

Btw, we were watching Mean Girls, and we saw this GIF on Tumblr.  It was kinda funny lol.