Decision Time

Love in Disguise

 

            The four family members had been cooped up in the study for more than an hour.  Eugene and Danny were informed that their son had pretended to become a woman to attend a fashion school.  They had called their sons in to speak with them.  Even before the talking had begun, they both knew that they were in trouble.  Eugene had no expression on her face.  Danny’s lips were in a straight, thin line as he displayed the shame that he felt.  The media was onto the Choi family.  They found out that Choi Jiyong pretended to be Kang Jiyoung so that he could attend the most prestigious fashion school in Seoul. 

            Jiyong sat on a seat next to Seunghyun as they both faced their parents.  With their straight posture, they looked at their parents straight in the eye.  Yoona didn’t want to be a bother, so she volunteered to help Janey do her homework in Janey’s room.

            “Jiyong, do you know what’s at stake?” Danny strictly asked.

            Jiyong slowly nodded his head.

            “The media thinks that I’m a fool!  They think we’re all fools!  How can you do this?  You damaged the family name!” Danny yelled.

            Even Eugene was startled by the tone Danny had in his voice.  Danny was usually a sweet, kind man, but the rage that he felt exceeded his self-control.  Danny stood up and began to pace up and down the room.  With his hands on his hips, he gave Jiyong a death glare.

            “I’m sorry,” Jiyong bowed his head.

            “We gave you everything you ever wanted, and you embarrass us like this?” Danny spat out, “You’re ungrateful!  Why can’t you be like Seunghyun?”

            “Dad, let’s not compare!” Seunghyun butted in.

            “Don’t make me regret having you as my son, too,” Danny warned as Seunghyun slowly sat back down to his seat. 

            Jiyong gave Seunghyun a thankful smile.  No matter what, Seunghyun was always on Jiyong’s side.  He was appreciative to have such a loving brother.  Eugene approached Danny and tried to calm him down.

            “Maybe we should take this as a sign,” Eugene gently cooed.

            “What sign?” he grew irritated.

            Eugene reasoned, “Our Jiyong isn’t very interested in the family business.  It’s so obvious, but we won’t accept it.  What if he doesn’t want to be the vice-president of the company?”

            “He will be the vice-president!” Danny boomed, “That’s how it’s been for three generations!”

___________________________________

            “Pay attention to me,” Seunghyun pouted.

            It was a bit awkward for Yoona and Seunghyun.   Right after the incident in the pool, Seunghyun asked her to be his girlfriend—his real girlfriend.  Yoona couldn’t resist him and said yes.  She, too, had fallen for him and his heart.  It was different for Yoona to even have a real boyfriend.  She wasn’t used to it, but Seunghyun promised that he would try to understand if she was lacking in any way due to her inexperience. 

            “Finish your homework,” Yoona lectured as she put away her notebook. 

            She had just finished her math homework.  Yoona sat up on her king sized bed while Seunghyun rolled on his back.  Seunghyun pushed away his notebook and puckered up his lips while he rested his head on Yoona’s lap.  Yoona smiled brightly as she leaned in and her lips lightly brushed against his lips.

            “My homework isn’t due until Friday and I finished more than half of it.  Can I stop now?” he smiled.

            “Sure,” Yoona nodded.

            She gently ran her hands through his hair.  He closed his eyes as he felt her nails gently rubbing against his scalp.  Honestly, he thought it was a bit relaxing.  He opened his eyes when she began to kiss him over and over again on his cheeks and forehead.

            “Sometimes, I can’t believe that you never had a boyfriend,” Seunghyun disclosed, “You sure do know how to make a man happy.”

            “Sorry,” Yoona apologized, “I won’t kiss you like that anymore.”

            “Oh, don’t stop,” he wiggled his eyebrows, “I like it.”

            Yoona asked, “When are we going to tell your parents that we’re really going out?”

            “When they notice,” Seunghyun answered, “Don’t even worry, darling.  They’ll be more than happy.  My parents have encouraged me since the beginning to date you in real life.  They’ll be delighted to know that you’re my real girlfriend now.”

            Yoona was taken aback.  Eugene and Danny wanted him to date her since the beginning?  She was never informed.  Yoona breathed out as she continued to caress his cheek.

            “But I’m not rich.  I’m not an heiress,” Yoona stated.

            “That won’t matter to them,” Seunghyun replied, “I don’t think they even want me to get married to an heiress.  Most of the heiresses in Korea are...not as bright as you.  They would consider me and you together as winning the lottery.”

            “Why didn’t you tell them we were really together when you and Jiyong had to meet up with your parents?” Yoona interrogated.

            Seunghyun wanted to tell them, but he didn’t have the heart to.  He wasn’t embarrassed of Yoona, but he didn’t want Jiyong to look bad at the moment.  Seunghyun sat up from Yoona’s soft bed and faced her.  He looked around the bedroom and just realized that it was completely opposite from his bedroom.  His bedroom was dark and gloomy.  It was mainly because he never opened the windows to let the sun in.  Yoona’s bedroom reminded him of a princess’s bedroom.  There were many flowers in the room.  In fact, the room even smelled of lavender. 

            “Jiyong was getting shouted at by my father,” Seunghyun explained, “If I told them that I was now dating you, they would use it to bring him down even more.  I already feel bad for him.  Jiyong doesn’t deserve it.  Jiyong’s already heartbroken by Jessica; she won’t answer any of his calls or texts.  He’s been locking himself in his room ever since.”

            Yoona then stood up causing Seunghyun to lose comfort because his head was no longer resting on her lap. 

            “I forgot,” Yoona breathed, “I’m supposed to meet up with Jessica for dinner.  Seunghyun ah, I need to go now.  Text me if you need me.”

            “You’re going to leave your boyfriend hanging?” he complained.

            Yoona rolled her eyes and then gently kissed his cheek before she put her jacket on to leave.

_______________________________

            Jessica stared at the empty bed.  The empty bed haunted her.  It reminded her of the fact that Jiyong had lied to her for so long.  How did she not realize that it was him all along?  She had opened up to him and told him a lot of her secrets, but he betrayed her. 

            A sudden thought invaded her mind.  When she realized that she was falling for Jiyoung, did it mean that she was actually falling for Jiyong?  She sighed as she tried to remove those thoughts.  He fooled her, and he hurt her.  She didn’t want to become involved with anyone that made a fool out of her.  She heard a gentle knock on the door and opened the door for the visitor.

            She saw Yoona dressed in a pair of denim jeans, a pair of boots, and a hoodie.  Yoona knew how much her friend was going through.  She gave Jessica a warm hug to show her support for her.  Yoona honestly just wanted both Jiyong and Jessica to put their pride away and be together.  She knew that they loved each other.

            “Let’s go grab a bite,” Yoona told her.

________________________________

            Jiyong stared at the article on his laptop.  He felt guilty.  The paparazzi were following Yoona and Jessica during their dinner together.  Jiyong read through the article after seeing the picture of Jessica and Yoona trying to get away from the crazed photographers.

 

            Jung Jessica and Im Yoona were spotted having dinner at an exclusive restaurant earlier tonight.  Both women were dressed in casual attire as they made their way into the private room of one of Seoul’s most exquisite restaurants.

            It has been reported that Jung Jessica has been the love interest of millionaire, Choi Jiyong.  It was discovered that Jessica is a fashion student that is expected to graduate within a few weeks.  Because of her ties to Choi Jiyong, she had been under the radar of many fashion companies hoping to snag her as one of their designers.  Reports have shown that Jessica was the one to reveal to the dean that Choi Jiyong had illegitimately entered the university for women.  No reports have been made whether or not Jung and Choi are seeing each other.

            Many speculators are guessing that they have a formal relationship due to the fact that Jessica had been spotted having dinner with Im Yoona.  Im Yoona is publicly dating Choi Seunghyun, who is Choi Jiyong’s brother.

 

            He closed his laptop.  Even seeing her picture was painful.  He couldn’t stand seeing her when he couldn’t have her.  She looked so beautiful, and it was hard to know that she didn’t want to be his.  He sighed and rested on his back.  He grabbed his phone and decided to text her again.  It was worth a try.

 

Dear Jessica,

            First of all, I’m really sorry.  I apologize for lying to you.  Like you, I want to become a great designer.  I entered the university with hopes that I would learn, and I didn’t expect to fall in love.  Please, we need to talk this through.  You may deny it, but I know that you have feelings for me.  I’m sorry for disappointing you, but I don’t want to be on bad terms with you.  I just need you on my side.  That’s all I need.

 

Sincerely,

Choi Jiyong

            As expected, Jiyong never received a reply from her.  He put his phone down and let out a deep breath.  He still couldn’t take her out of his mind.

___________________________________

            Yoona opened up her book as she began read the chapter quickly.  She was trying to cram for a test that was to be given in two days.  Yoona opened her bag and reached for the apple that she had packed earlier.  She was about to put it into until she felt a force push her hand away.  Yoona watched her apple roll on the floor.  She looked to her left and saw Uee.  Yoona tilted her head as she hid the rage that she felt. 

            Uee, who was dressed in a new Gucci dress, began to laugh to herself.  It was the first time she had seen Uee by herself without her posse.  Yoona stood up and put her hands on her hips.  She bit her lower lip to help her deal with managing the fury she felt for Uee.  Uee gave a taunting smile as she stuck her hip out.

            “Apologize now,” Yoona calmly stated.

            “No,” Uee replied slowly. 

            Yoona closed her eyes and balled her fist up.  She slowly opened her eyes to see Uee waiting there with a mocking smirk.  Yoona was so tempted to punch her face so that she wouldn’t be able to smile again.  Uee began to circle around Yoona as if Yoona was her prey.

            “I don’t see what oppa sees in you,” Uee insulted, “There’s not much to look at.  I bet he still fantasizes about our nights together.”

            “Stop it,” Yoona sharply commanded.

            Uee continued, “We had fun all night.  He would moan my name over and over again.”

            “I WARNED YOU!” Yoona shrieked.

~~~~~

            Yoona couldn’t believe it.  Seunghyun and his friends actually had a classroom to themselves.  This was the place where Seungri, Seunghyun, Jiyong, Geun Suk, Daesung, and Young Bae would hang out if they were bored.  Yoona was sitting on a velvet couch as she continued to adore the interior of the room.  It looked nothing like a classroom.

            A large crystal chandelier hung over the high ceiling of the room.  The white marble tiles complimented the luxurious drapes that hung against the clear glass windows.  On the side of the room was a bar.  How did they manage to get a bar into the classroom?  There was alcohol in there, and she thought alcohol wasn’t allowed on campus.

            “Ouch!” Yoona whined.

            “Sorry, Yoona,” Jiyong frowned, “It’s going to sting.  The hydrogen peroxide is cleaning your scrapes, but it’s going to hurt.”

            Uee and Yoona had an epic fight that everyone in school was going to talk about.  Yoona mostly attacked her with punches and kicks while Uee settled with hair pulling, pushes, and slaps.  When the two were on the floor, Yoona managed to scrap her knees.  Even her knuckles were red from hitting Uee too hard.  She normally never fought, but she couldn’t handle it.  She was so angry that Uee was being disrespectful to her when Yoona did nothing to her.

            The door swung open to reveal Seunghyun.  He was panting after sprinting to their little clubhouse.  Daesung closed the door behind Seunghyun while Seungri and Young Bae looked through the windows to check if anyone was watching them.

            “I came the fastest I could,” Seunghyun breathed, “What happened?”

            Young Bae explained, “Geun Suk and I were in the library to check on the new books for government studies.  We heard Uee insulting Yoona, and a fight broke out.  It took Geun Suk and me all of our strength to pull those two apart.  You should have seen it.”

            “There were no observers except for us.  I’m sure this won’t make it to the news,” Geun Suk informed him.

            Seunghyun quickly observed Yoona and saw that Jiyong was cleaning her wounds.  She was wincing in pain.  There were bruises on her arms, her knuckles were red, and there were many scrapes on her legs.  He hated the sight.

            “Why are you even getting into fights?  You could have been hurt!” Seunghyun lectured.

            Jiyong rolled his eyes.  He thought he would be babying Yoona, but he was yelling at her as if he was her mother.  Yoona sat up and pouted.

            Seunghyun added, “There’s blood on your collar!  Where are you bleeding from?”

            Seunghyun began to thoroughly check Yoona until she shrugged him off.  He stared into her eyes as she continued to frown.

            “Tell me!” he ordered.

            Yoona mumbled something completely inaudible.  No one in the room could understand what Yoona was trying to say.  Yoona’s head was down as she looked at her lap.

            “Yoona, what did you say?” Seungri asked.

            Yoona mumbled the same words again, but it was still impossible to hear.  Seunghyun didn’t have the patience and grew frustrated.  He ran his hand through his hair and then lifted Yoona’s chin up so that she was looking at them.

            “Speak clearly.  That’s not a request,” Seunghyun demanded.

            “It’s not my blood!” Yoona finally exclaimed, “It’s Uee’s blood from when I punched her nose.  I think I broke her nose.  I feel kind of bad.”

            Seungri threw his hands up and began to pump both of his fists up in the air in victory. 

            “Yoona’s a fighter!” Seungri roared, “She made the queen bleed!”

            “Shut up,” Seunghyun sighed.

______________________________

            Jessica couldn’t believe that she was in a club.  That was the last place she expected herself to be.  She was on her second margarita as Hyoyeon and Sunny walked over to the dance floor.  It was Hyoyeon’s idea to go to the club to blow off some steam.  She had invited Yoona and Bora, but they both said that they couldn’t.  Their boyfriends had forbidden them to going out clubbing without them this late at night.  Why were the men in the Choi family so…controlling?  Jessica shook her head at even thinking of becoming Jiyong’s girlfriend.  He would probably try to control her, too.

            She gulped down the alcoholic drink as she felt her head beginning to whirl.  Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to drink.  She had two margaritas, three shots of whiskey, and a tall glass of beer.  She managed to stumble to the bar to order another bottle of beer.

            She glanced over at Hyoyeon and Sunny, who were enjoying themselves.  Like Jessica, they were drunk.  Jessica gasped and realized that she needed some fresh air.  She needed a walk.

            She grabbed her coat and stumbled onto the sidewalk.  With the cold bottle of beer in her hand, she continued to fumble onto the sidewalk.  Even she was amazed that she hadn’t tripped and fell.  With the streetlights acting as a guide, she slowly continued to walk.  She took in a fresh breath of air and closed her eyes. 

            Was it possible to fall for someone twice?  She fell for Jiyoung, and then she fell for Jiyong.  It made it complicated that they were the same person.  Jessica then fell to her knees once she felt her legs going numb.  Just the thought of Jiyong made her body feel numb.  No one had ever done that to her.  She buried her face into her hands as she began to weep.  Why was love so complicated?

            Then she felt a presence behind her.  Jessica turned around and saw a figure standing behind her.  She tried to point a finger at him, but she was too drunk to keep her hands steady.  She was about to fall back until he caught her.

            “Jessica, why did you get drunk?” he scolded.

            “Ch-Choi Jiyong!” Jessica stuttered.

            Jiyong supported her by holding onto her waist.  Her face was dangerously close to his as she began to giggle to herself.  Jessica took her finger and began to slowly trace the curves of his face.  Her fingers traveled from the bridge to his nose to the lines of his lips.  She gave a childish grin as Jiyong lifted her and carried her into his car.

            “You’re very handsome, Mr. Choi.  Too handsome for your own good,” Jessica sang.

            Jiyong closed the door to his car on Jessica’s side and made his way to the driver’s seat.  He heard Jessica’s continuous giggles.  It was such a sweet melody to him.  Even if she was drunk, she was still beautiful in his eyes.

            “You don’t know what you’re saying,” he shook his head.

            “But I do!” Jessica protested, “You’re handsome and all the girls want you!  Do you love me, Jiyong?  Do you love this cold, heartless woman?”

            Jiyong looked at her before he started the car.  Even if she was drunk, he sensed the hurt that she felt.  She was hurt that the person she fell for could not be trusted. 

            “I love you, Jung Jessica.  I love you too much,” Jiyong told her.

            Jessica’s head began to move in a circle slowly as she tried to balance her head.  Her stomach began to twist and churn.  Her head was throbbing.  She couldn’t take it and she threw up in his car. 

            Surprisingly, Jiyong did not shout.  He held her hair to keep it away from the vomit being spilled into the leather interior of his expensive car. 

            “Yup, I definitely love you too much,” he whispered.

______________________________________

            Jessica opened her eyes to see that her vision was a bit blurred.  Her head was killing her, she felt tremendously famished, and she was extremely thirsty.  She saw a female figure sitting on the foot of the bed.  She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand and saw Yoona with a gentle smile on her face.

            “You had quite a night yesterday,” Yoona told her, “Seunghyun was relieved that I didn’t go.”

            Yoona had a glass of cold orange juice in her hand.  She wanted to greet Jessica a good morning with a treat.  She knew that Jessica was going to be thirsty after how Jiyong described her when he found her.  Yoona offered her the glass and Jessica took it willingly.

            “Thank you,” Jessica said quickly, “You’re a lifesaver.”

            Jessica swallowed the orange juice within four gulps.  Then she realized that she wasn’t at home.  She looked around the room.  She was on the softest king sized bed she had ever been on.  The room was decorated with so many floral patterns, and there was a vase filled with fresh roses on the side table. 

            “You’re in my room.  Jiyong found you last night and bought you home.  He told me that you wouldn’t want to sleep in his room, so I volunteered to have you sleep in my bedroom with me.  Don’t worry.  I was the one who changed you into a pair of pajamas,” Yoona explained.

            Jessica looked down at her attire and saw that she was wearing a set of Yoona’s pajamas.  She was wearing a pair of shorts with a tank top.  Jessica bowed her head in gratitude.

            “Uh, where’s Jiyong?” Jessica finally asked.

            “He’s upstairs with Seunghyun.  They’re practicing,” Yoona rolled her eyes.

            Jessica raised a brow, “Practicing what?”
            “They’re sparring in the gym upstairs.  Taekwondo,” Yoona informed her.

            Jessica’s eyes bulged out.

            “They have a gym upstairs!” Jessica exclaimed.

            Yoona nodded, “Yeah, that’s what I said when I found out.  It’s complete with a spa and sauna.”

            “Stupid rich boy,” Jessica muttered.

_____________________________________________

            “You can always give up now,” Jiyong called out his brother.

            They were both wearing protective equipment that shielded them from too much pain from their vicious blows.  Jiyong was wearing a red torso pad while Seunghyun sported a blue one. 

            Sweat began to drip from both of their foreheads.  Since Jiyong’s hair was a bit longer than Seunghyun’s, some sweat even began to drip from the ends of his hair.  Seunghyun gave a confident smile and raised both of his hands in front of him in his stance while they both began to pace at each other.  Jiyong tried to land a high kick, but Seunghyun dodged it by moving to the side.

            “This sport is not just about physical capability,” Seunghyun breathed.

            Jiyong tried to kick him again, but Seunghyun blocked it with his arm and pushed his leg to the side.  Seunghyun then swiveled and landed a back kick.  Jiyong immediately fell to the ground.  Seunghyun smiled in victory and took off his headgear.

            Seunghyun finished, “It’s also about control and knowing your own opponent.  Next time, don’t be too predictable.  You need to learn how to be cunning.”

            The doors to the gym opened as the two beautiful women stepped in.  Jessica had borrowed some of Yoona’s clothes.  Jessica wore a maxi dress while Yoona was dressed in a pair of black shorts and a white frilly top. 

            Seunghyun grinned, “Darling, let’s go get something to eat.”

            Yoona then looked over at Jessica who had her head down.  Yoona was tempted to smack Seunghyun on the back of his head.  Why would he offer to have breakfast with her and leave Jiyong and Jessica alone?  She knew that they needed time to talk, but she was guessing that the time would come when Jessica was ready to talk to him on her own. 

            Seunghyun sensed his girlfriend’s worry.  He cleared his throat as he tried to laugh it off.

            “We should all have breakfast together,” Seunghyun corrected himself.

            Jessica then looked up, “Uh, I would prefer if you two had breakfast together.  I would like to be alone with Jiyong.  I have important things to discuss with him.”

________________________________________

            “What do you think they’re talking about right now?” Yoona asked as she kept her food at a distance.

            She wasn’t very interested in eating.  She was more curious about what Jiyong and Jessica were talking about.  She didn’t expect Jessica to be so eager to talk to Jiyong alone.  She was hoping that Jessica would tell him that everything was okay and that she loved him.  She began to nibble on her lower lip and then she sighed.

            “Why is time going by so slow?” she sulked.

            “Eat your breakfast,” Seunghyun advised, “I’m sure that they need their privacy.”

            Yoona rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him.  Seunghyun looked at her and flashed an innocent smile.  He then went back to eating his croissant.  When he thought that it was peaceful and quiet, he heard a familiar voice.  To be exact he heard familiar voices.  He put his head down in agony as Yoona tilted her head at him.

            “What’s wrong, honey?” Yoona asked.

            “They’re here,” he mumbled.

            “Who’s here?” Yoona interrogated.

            Before Seunghyun could even answer Yoona’s question, three individuals entered the room.  They all ran up to Seunghyun and hugged him tightly. He gave a polite smile and then sat back down.  Yoona was a bit shocked that he had that worried expression on his face.  It was as if he would rather not see these guests.

            Yoona took initiative to introduce herself.

            “Hello, my name is Im Yoona,” Yoona bowed.

            Yoona then noticed that one of them had a familiar face.  Yoona’s jaw dropped and she began to jump up and down.  The woman that Yoona recognized had straight, blonde hair.  Her black eyeliner was always her own trademark. 

            “You’re CL!” Yoona gasped, “You’re…Choi Chaerin!”

            That’s when it hit her.  She was a Choi.  CL had to be related to Seunghyun somehow.  She was one of the most successful solo rappers in Korea.  Yoona never listened to rap until CL had debuted. 

            “You must be Tubby’s girlfriend!” Chaerin hugged Yoona.

            “Tubby?” Yoona murmured.

            Chaerin nodded and introduced herself, “Well, I’m Choi Chaerin.  I’m Seunghyun’s cousin.  Next to me is Choi Minzy.  She’s my younger sister.  That’s Choi Minho on Minzy’s side.  He’s my younger brother.”

            “Unnie, we need to go say hello to auntie and uncle,” Minzy informed Chaerin, “It was a pleasure to meet you, Yoona unnie.  I’m glad you’re together!”

            Minho then walked up to Yoona and kissed the back of her hand.  He gave a breathtaking smile before he followed his sisters.  Yoona froze as her eyes watched them walk out of the room.  She was in utter shock that Seunghyun was related to them.  Chaerin was known from her rapping, Minzy was famous because of her dancing, and Minho was a well-known model.

            “Oh gosh,” Yoona swooned.

            Seunghyun rolled his eyes and grabbed Yoona by her hand and forced her to sit back down on her seat. 

            “Don’t talk to Minho.  He’s a man ,” Seunghyun claimed.

            “Man ?” Yoona was puzzled.

            “Well, not literally,” Seunghyun explained, “He’s just a big flirt.  He flirts without even trying.  That’s how he gets all the girls.”

            Yoona looked back at him, “I’m guessing all the men in your family do that.”

            Seunghyun looked at the bruises and scrapes on her legs.  His cousins were probably going to question him on those later.  He couldn’t believe that she had even gotten into a fight with Uee.  Her bruises still looked the same from yesterday. 

            “Don’t get into a fight again.  When I found out, I was panicking as if the world was going to end,” Seunghyun admitted.

            Seunghyun then bent down and cupped her chin.  He brought her lips to his, which took Yoona by surprise.  His lips continued to move against hers as a smile formed on her face.  She felt loved by him.  She never had a man in her life, and it was a relief to know that Seunghyun wanted to take care of her.  Through his kiss, she felt the concerns that he felt.  She felt the care that he had for her.

            “We were gone for only a second, and you two are making out!  Yuck!” Minzy cried out.

            Yoona broke away from the kiss to see Chaerin suppressing a laugh.  Minzy was pretending to be disgusted and Minho was smiling to himself.  Yoona blushed a deep shade of scarlet as Seunghyun pointed at the exit.

            “Get out!” he yelled, “Don’t disturb us!”

_________________________________________________

            Jessica began to eat her blueberry pancakes quietly.  She then took a sip from the tea that she had ordered earlier.  Her head was still hurting a bit from drinking so much alcohol last night.  She then looked at Jiyong.  He was watching her eat.  He didn’t even touch his plate of chocolate chip pancakes. 

            “Well, are you going to eat?” Jessica asked.

            Jiyong responded by taking his fork and nibbling on a little piece of pancake he cut. 

            Jessica looked out the window and realized that Jiyong was using a different car.  Jessica turned back around and raised an eyebrow.

            “Uh, what happened to your Bentley?” Jessica questioned.

            “I’m borrowing Seunghyun’s Audi because my Bentley is getting it’s interior stripped and replaced,” Jiyong explained.

            Jessica asked, “Why?”

            “It got dirty,” Jiyong simply answered.

            Jessica’s eyes widened.  She remembered the part when she was throwing up.  She threw up in his car.  She threw up in his expensive, luxurious car, and he acted as if it was no problem.  Jessica buried her face into her hands in shame.

            “What’s wrong?” Jiyong asked.

            “I made it dirty,” Jessica frowned, “I messed up your car.  I’m so sorry.  I’ll pay you back.  I’ll pay for all the damages!”

            Jiyong shook his head, “I’m not going to let you do that.”

            “Why not?” she snapped.

            “It’s my car and I’ll take care of my own car.  I don’t want to trouble you with anything.”

            Jessica sighed.  The rich boy didn’t want her to pay for it.  Maybe it was because he didn’t think that she would be able to afford it. 

            “How much was it?” Jessica asked.

            “No, Sica,” Jiyong shook his head.

            “Tell me!” she was persistent.

            Jiyong sighed and looked at her, “It’s over $30,000.  You’re not paying for it though.  I already paid for it.”

            Her jaw dropped after hearing the price.  She was right; she couldn’t afford it.  She still had student loans to pay for. 

Jessica looked down after realizing that she needed to break the news to him.  She needed to do it.  As much as she didn’t want to, she had to.

            “Jiyong, I would like to talk to you about what happened to us,” Jessica finally said.

            That seemed to catch Jiyong’s attention.  Jiyong looked at her in the eye and saw sorrow.  He knew that this wasn’t going to be good.  His jaw clenched as he promised himself that he would take whatever she would throw at him.  Jessica fidgeted in her seat as she played with her fingers.

            “We’ve known each other for a few months,” Jessica stated, “It’s odd because I feel like I have known you all my life.”

            She continued, “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking…about you and me.  I played out several scenarios in my head in which I wouldn’t be with you and I would be with you.  I made a final decision.  Jiyong, it hurts me because I…actually fell for you. I’m in love with you, but I can’t be with you.  If we ever had a relationship, it would be built on lies.  We have no trust.  I can’t trust you because you pretended to be someone else.  You even used your persona as Jiyoung to try to get me closer with your real self.  I’ve been hurt, and I really need time to get things worked out.”

            “Sica, I…” he trailed off.

            “I’m sorry,” Jessica shook her head, “I’m sure you can find someone better than me.”

            “Jessica,” Jiyong frowned, “That’s not true.”

            Jessica’s tears began to escape, “I’m sorry, but it’s hard for me to be with you—even being in your presence hurts me.  It pains me just to be near you.  It reminds me that everything we had was a lie.  I’m so sorry.”



 

Author's Notes:

Sunshine94:  I'm glad that AFF is kinda up and running again! ^__^  Btw, I made a trailer (I know it isn't that good, but it's my first one lol), and I hope you guys watch it!  It's in the Forewords.  I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

jessicajessica:  Because Sarah made a trailer for TopYoon, I feel obligated to make one for JiSica too.  -_____-'  I'll make  one when I have time and when I feel like it lol.  I hope you guys liked our update.  Until next time! :)