Is This Love?

Love in Disguise

 

            “Oppa, don’t worry about it, okay?” Jessica told Changmin.

            Jessica wrapped her scarf around her neck as she continued to get ready for work.  She needed to design a new line of clothing before winter came.  Now that Jiyong was on board, she knew that it was going to be easier for her.  She had seen his drawings from when they were still dating, and his work was just brilliant.  She had to admit that his designs were just as good as hers.

            “I don’t think it’s a good idea to be working with your ex,” Changmin shook his head, “I know Choi Jiyong.  He’s full of ego and pride.  Do you really want to be around that kind of person?”
            Jessica giggled, “Stop worrying.  He’s not going to find out that this baby is his.  And he is full of ego and pride, but he’s bearable to work with.  I lived with him for almost a year, so I should know.”

            Changmin didn’t want to admit it, but he was just jealous.  Jessica was his crush when they were children, and it wasn’t clear, but there was a chance that he was in love with her.  He knew it was pretty pathetic.  She was clearly in love with another man even if she thought he had cheated on her.  She was pregnant with his child, but Changmin could not fall out of love with Jessica.

            “Jessica, what are we?” Changmin finally asked.

            Jessica put down the lipstick that she was about to apply.  She tilted her head to the side as she tried to think of an answer.  Were they friends or were they supposed to be more?  The press thought that they were in love, but Jessica thought they were just friends.  She had seen him as a friend for so many years that she had never thought of him as anything else.

            Jessica confessed, “I don’t know.”

            Changmin walked up to Jessica and lifted her chin slowly with his right hand.  Jessica sharply inhaled as his lips pressed against hers.  She was in complete shock that he had just kissed her.  As his lips pulled away from hers, she stared at him.  She was still frozen from his surprise.

            “Well, I want you to think about it,” he said before he left the room.

___________________

            Yoona felt what she did was out of line.  She was supposed to confirm if Seunghyun was the father or not first.  She wasn’t supposed to blurt it out to him that he had a daughter.  It was going to complicate things.  She took a deep breath as she loosened her hair from the tight bun that it was in earlier.  Her hair fell down past her shoulders as she took off her glasses.

            After she had told Seunghyun that he was a father, she immediately walked out on him.  She didn’t listen to any of his words; she just couldn’t handle to speak to him.  It frustrated him because he was even more puzzled.  He couldn’t think of a reason to why Yoona would call him a father. 

            Without even a knock on the door, Yoona saw someone enter the room.  Normally, she wouldn’t tolerate unexpected guests, but he was an exception.  She had not seen Geun Suk in months.  He had his hair tied back in a short ponytail as he hugged Yoona.

            “I was gone on vacation to London for a little while,” he sighed, “When I come back, I find out you and Jessica are the richest heiresses in the Korea?  You’re too daebak, Yoona!”

            “I guess so,” I grinned.

            Even though he was close to Seunghyun, Yoona was also a good friend to Geun Suk.  He also had a little crush on her until Seunghyun made it clear that she was his. It was childish that Seunghyun had to claim his territory, but that was who Seunghyun was.

            “Let’s have lunch together,” Yoona suggested, “We need to catch up.”

_____________________

            “No, Jiyong,” Jessica shook her head, “You can’t design shorts.  It’s going to be winter.  Who is going to wear shorts in the winter?”
            Jiyong nodded in agreement as he scrapped his drawing.  Jessica was more experienced than him in fashion, so he agreed with no arguments.  He would steal glances at her when she wasn’t looking, but he knew that he had to stop.  She was going to get married.  She was also pregnant with another man’s baby.  It was just difficult to let her go.  He had imagined a whole life with her, and it was hard to know that she was going to spend that life that he had imagined with another man.

            “Thanks for all the advice,” he said in a low tone.

            Jessica looked at him as he focused on the new drawing that he was sketching.  He was still the same.  He had that hopeful look on his face when he worked.  Jessica was just glad that he was able to do the work that he wanted.  She did hate him for hurting her, but she to give back to him.  He taught her how it felt to be loved.  It was short, but she would never forget her relationship with him.

            “So, is everything fine?” she suddenly asked.

            She would be lying if she said she wasn’t concerned after she saw what Eunjung did to herself.  Did Jiyong know that his girlfriend looked like a psycho?  She literally hurt herself for Jiyong’s attention.  That look on her face also frightened Jessica.  Eunjung seemed as if she wasn’t all there.

            “Huh?” Jiyong questioned.

            Jessica swallowed, “Never mind; I need to go now.  I’m going to check on the other designs.”

_______________________

            Yoona finished up her meal as she breathed out.  She was so full that she couldn’t take another bite.  She was enjoying Geun Suk’s company and his stories of his adventures in London.  She made a mental note to take a vacation with him one day.  He knew the best places in the major cities around the world.

            “Yoona ah, we all kind of miss you,” Geun Suk admitted, “Young Bae, Seungri, Daesung, and I miss your presence.”

            “Was I really that entertaining?” Yoona raised an eyebrow.

            Geun Suk nodded, “Our favorite part was always when you’d put Seunghyun in his place.  We had never seen another person do that to him.”

            Yoona nervously looked away as she cleared .  Geun Suk frowned as he thought of Yoona’s breakup with Seunghyun.  Seungri had provided him with all the information from Seunghyun’s accusations of infidelity to his discovery that she never cheated in the first place.

            “Well, I’m in no authority to do that anymore,” Yoona managed to smile.

            “Isn’t he trying to get you back?” Geun Suk asked, “Yoona, I was only gone for a little while, and when I did return, everything had been flipped upside down.  Jessica is pregnant, you two are rich and helping your parents run their companies, and both Seunghyun and Jiyong are practically miserable.  I was never sure about Jessica and Jiyong since I wasn’t really close to them, but I always thought you and Seunghyun would get married.”

            Yoona shook her head, “We just have too many differences.  He wants to be in charge of everything in the relationship, and I wanted equality.  He wanted to know every single detail about me, but he didn’t want to reveal anything about him.  I guess the part where he accused me of cheating was the last straw.”

            “Well, I wish you the best,” Geun Suk told her, “I know you still love him, and I know that despite all the odds, you two will end up together.  That’s how it always is.”

______________________________

            Jessica continued to think about what Changmin told her.  Was he really in love with her?  Did he really want to start a real relationship with her?  It was unusual because after seeing that a woman was pregnant, most men would back off.  He didn’t care if she was pregnant with another man’s child. 

            She wasn’t even sure if she was ready to move on yet.  She knew that Jiyong had already attempted to move on by starting a relationship with Eunjung, but she couldn’t do it yet.  The thing that made it harder for her to move on was the fact that she was carrying his child. 

            “Jessica, I finished up this sketch,” Jiyong walked up to her.

            Her heart began to beat in her chest as she nodded.  She took the drawing from him and looked carefully at it.  It was purely original.  She had never seen anything like it.  The patterns and designs were genius.

            “Wow, it’s great,” Jessica admitted.

            What made it more magnificent was the fact that he had only one semester as a fashion student.  Jessica was considered to be a good designer, too, but she had years of training to thank for that.

            Jessica stated, “We’re going to add this in the line for sure.”

            Jessica stopped moving as she felt something inside of her stomach kicking her.  She breathed out as she looked down at her stomach.  She smiled as Jiyong noticed what was happening.  She put her hand over her belly and felt the baby gently kicking.

            “Is the baby kicking?” Jiyong wanted to confirm.

            “Yes, it feels kind of weird,” Jessica admitted with a smile.

            Jiyong swallowed, “May I?”

            Jessica hesitated but agreed.  She nodded slowly as Jiyong rested his hand on her belly.  It absolutely broke his heart.  She was about five to six months pregnant, and he should be happy that she was finally going to be a mother, but he wanted to be the father to her children.

            He felt a gentle force against his hand as the baby continued to kick.  Jessica stared in shock.  The baby never kicked for anyone else other than her.  When her parents, siblings, or even Changmin tried to feel the baby kick, the baby would stop kicking. 

            “It feels like a slow heartbeat,” Jiyong grinned like a child.

            Jessica cleared , “I’m surprised that she’s even kicking for you.  She doesn’t seem to like anyone else.  She never kicked for anyone other than me.”

            She felt guilty.  Her unborn daughter was kicking for her real father, but Jessica couldn't tell him that it was his daughter in her womb.  Things were just complicated.  Was it love?  Was her daughter kicking for Jiyong because she knew who her father was?

            “So you’re going to have a daughter,” Jiyong breathed out.

            He removed his hand from her growing belly and pressed his lips together. 

            “I bet she’s going to be beautiful,” Jiyong muttered.

            “She will be,” Jessica nodded as she looked down at her belly.

_________________

            Yoona held her hand as they sat on a bench in the park.  Hyeri was busy eating ice cream while Yoona observed her. She grinned happily at Yoona who smiled back at her.  Yoona had taken a day off from work so that she could clarify things between Seunghyun.  She felt horrible for telling him, but she couldn’t take it back.

            As soon as she saw Seunghyun, her breathing grew heavy.  She was afraid, but she needed to act strong. 

            “Yoona,” he said in a deep tone.

            Yoona nodded and turned to Hyeri, “Hyeri, go play with the children in the playground.  Unnie will take you to eat later, okay?”

            Hyeri nodded and ran towards the playground leaving Seunghyun and Yoona alone.  The cold air surrounded them causing Yoona to stuff her hands in her pockets.  Seunghyun seemed a bit confused.  He didn’t know if Yoona was joking around with him or not.  Many things began to run through his mind.  When she said that he was a father, the first thing that he thought was that she was pregnant, but it was impossible.  They never got pass second base because of her belief in abstinence.

            “What did you mean when you said that I was a father?” Seunghyun asked abruptly.

            Yoona swallowed as she took a deep breath.  He hated talking about his past, and she was about to bring it up.

            “Do you remember who you loved four years ago?” Yoona asked.

            Seunghyun’s mind went blank.  He had forced himself to stop thinking about her for so many years that it felt strange to think about her again.  Memories began to flood in his mind until Yoona looked into his eyes.  All of those memories with the first woman had been replaced with the memories that he had made with Yoona. 

            “That is irrelevant to anything,” Seunghyun shook his head.

            Yoona blurted out, “She had a child right after your relationship ended with her.  Yoochun told me that she left the child in an orphanage, and the nuns had been telling her for years that her mother had died to protect her from the fact that her mother didn’t want her.  You’re the father, Seunghyun.”

            Seunghyun was speechless, and he couldn’t utter a single word no matter how hard he tried.  He tried to put all the details to the past together to figure out how it could be possible that he was a father.

            “Who else could it be?” Yoona fired, “I know you’re trying to think of a way to get out of this.”

            “She was never pregnant,” Seunghyun shook his head.

            “She had Hyeri!” Yoona yelled, “She is your daughter!”

            Seunghyun denied, “You’re overthinking it.  I cannot have a daughter.  It’s just impossible.  She is not my daughter, and I know it.”

            “Then take a paternity test,” Yoona dared.

            He shook his head, “There’s no need for that.  I know she’s not mine.”

            Yoona glared at him.  Denying a child was something that irritated her.  Hyeri was watching from afar to see her unnie and her ex boyfriend arguing with each other.

            “It’s a good thing that I’m no longer with you.  I wouldn’t be married to you, and you wouldn’t be the father to my children because you surely will be a deadbeat dad when you finally decide to grow up,” Yoona insulted.

            Hyeri ran up to Yoona as Yoona pulled her away towards a car.  Seunghyun tried to reason for Yoona to stop walking away, but she ignored him.

            “Yoona, let me explain myself,” Seunghyun offered.

            She didn’t say a single word as she drove off after buckling Hyeri in the backseat.  She felt as if her blood was rushing through her veins.  She was so enraged that Seunghyun had behaved like that.  It only confirmed that he wasn’t ready for anything.  He was a like a child, and he had a lot of growing up to do.

~~~~~~~~~

            Yoona felt like she was losing it.  Her hands began to tremble as she slammed the door behind her.  She had dropped Hyeri back home to the orphanage and was in her room crying.  She didn’t know why she was crying her eyes out.  She thought that Seunghyun would accept Hyeri, but he didn’t.  It was understandable that he was wondering if the girl was his or not, but he refused to take a paternity test.  It made Yoona awfully suspicious.  She knew that he knew something that she didn’t know. 

            She plopped on her soft bed as her tears began to stain her pillow.  Her vision was blurred because of her tears.  Someone slowly opened the door and sat at the side of her bed.  Yoona wiped her tears away and saw Jessica with a frown on her face.

            “Talk to me.  Tell me everything that’s troubling you,” Jessica told her.

            Yoona cried out, “It’s Seunghyun.  It’s always him!”

            Yoona sniffled as she looked at Jessica.  Jessica was just as miserable as her, but she seemed to be stronger. Yoona wished that she had that strength.  She tried to be strong, but Seunghyun always managed to break her down.

            “He didn’t accept Hyeri?” Jessica asked.

            “No,” Yoona shook her head, “He won’t even take a paternity test.  It only tells me that she is his daughter, and what’s worse is that he’s denying her.  He’s such a ing .”

            Jessica patted her hand in comfort and frowned to see her crying.  They had gotten so close that it hurt to see her crying like that.

            “Yoona, please forgive me,” Jessica begged in a low voice.

            Yoona stopped crying and stared at her.  She did something that Yoona didn’t know about. 

            “What did you do?” Yoona asked.

            Jessica cleared , “I can’t have a happy ending, but there’s a chance that you could still have one.  I told Seunghyun to come here and he’s on his way here.”

            “Why the hell would you do that?” Yoona gasped, “I don’t want to see him!  He doesn’t…Seunghyun doesn’t have what I need!  Do you know what he did?  He refused a little girl!  That means he’s not ready for anything.”

            “Then tell him how you feel,” Jessica swallowed, “I know that you want to act strong, but it feels like I’m slowly losing the real Yoona.  I want you to return.  I don’t want you to hold back any of your feelings.  When he comes here, be completely honest.  Don’t hold anything back.”

            Yoona felt her heart drop after seeing that he was already in the doorway.  Jessica made her way out of the room after giving Seunghyun a stern look.  Yoona scrambled to her feet and sharply inhaled.  Her tears were drying on her face, so she wiped it with a tissue.

            Jessica closed the door behind her giving the former couple the privacy that they deserved.

            “Can I explain myself to you?” Seunghyun asked in an ashamed tone.

            He felt enraged with himself that she was crying because of him.  He always told himself that he would never let anyone hurt her.  It was a twist that he was the one to hurt her. 

            “No, I need to tell you how I feel,” Yoona shook her head, “You can tell me about your excuses about Hyeri later on.  Just listen to what I need to say.”

            “Yoona,” he said.

            “If you don’t let me speak, I will never tell you how I feel about everything,” Yoona threatened.

            Seunghyun gave in, “Go ahead.”

            Yoona sat down on her bed as Seunghyun took a seat on a chair across from her.  Yoona managed to halt the tears from falling down her face.

            “I had never had any prior experience before I got into a relationship with you.  I wish I did because at least I wouldn’t act like a lost puppy when I was with you,” Yoona sighed.

            Seunghyun grimaced at the thought of Yoona with another man.  Even picturing her with another man before her makeover disgusted him.  He felt selfish for wanting her all to himself, but it was unavoidable.  It was only normal for a man to be selfish with the woman he loved.

            “I learned many things about you, but there are so many more things that I don’t even know about you,” Yoona coughed, “And you won’t let me.  I tried so many times for you to open up to me, but it was just impossible with you.  I thought everything was fine, but you kept on taking pieces and pieces away from me.  You didn’t want me going out unless you were there, you never trusted me, and you made me give up on some of my friends.  You made me feel trapped.”

            He apologized, “I’m sorry.”

            “Did you know that I was hoping that you would step up in some way when I saw you earlier?” Yoona tried to laugh, “Whether you were her father or not, I wanted you to show me that you have initiative to be mature and that you were ready, but it’s already too late.”

            A few tears began to escape from her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away.  She couldn’t believe she was going to do this.  She didn’t know that she had this much strength.

            “I loved you so much,” Yoona continued, “It felt like I was going to go insane because I was so in love with you, but that phase in our lives is over.  Seunghyun, I know that you tried your best, but I think it’s time to let go.  Our love has only consumed the both of us.”

            “Yoona, I still love you,” Seunghyun stood up, “I’ll do anything you want!  Just tell me and it’ll happen.”

            Yoona ordered, “You need to heal yourself.  I want you to open up, but you can’t because it’s not in your nature to do so.  Seunghyun, I still love you, but we can’t be together.  It’s not even about you accusing me of cheating on you with Yoochun anymore.  It’s more than that.  We just weren’t meant to be.  We fell in love at the wrong time.  You just weren’t ready.”

            Seunghyun began to panic as tears finally began to escape from his eyes. 

            “Why can’t I ever be good enough?” he cried out.

            “You are,” Yoona whispered, “I love you so much, and I’m going to let you go because I want you to grow.  You can’t grow with me here, and I’m planning on leaving.  My father wants me to run the company’s new branch in America.”

            Seunghyun knew that it was time for him to leave.  He was heartbroken, and he couldn’t be in the same room as the woman he loved when he couldn’t have her.  It was too tragic for him.

            “I should get going,” he lowly stated.

            Yoona felt guilty. She felt as if she had just broke his spirits and taken him all away of his self-esteem. She knew that he was going to drown himself in alcohol or do something stupid.  As he made his way out the door, she grabbed his wrist and pulled on his collar. 

            She tiptoed and gave him one last, final kiss.  When her lips crashed against his, he felt a bolt of electricity run through his body.  She pulled away and patted his cheek with her hand softly.

            “Don’t do anything that would make me disappointed,” Yoona choked, “I love you.  You are loved, Choi Seunghyun.  Please remember that.”

 


 

From both authors:

Hello there!  We do hope that you enjoyed this update.  Guess what?  We have great news!  We have a double update for today!  We were going to post it on Saturday, but we had time because we finished our homework and work shifts kind of early.  Enjoy, and thank you for supporting this story! ^__^