Meeting Friends Again

Love in Disguise

A word from the authors...

omg, we're so tired...this is the longest chapter that we have ever written.  jessicajessica had to step in to type, which she never does, because Sunshine94's fingers started to hurt.  Microsoft word counted 7,050 words (not including the words on the author's notes).  We are exhausted and we're sleep deprived...but it's worth it because it's for our readers.  We hope that you guys enjoy it.  :)

 


 

         Yoona yawned as she stretched her arms out.  She still couldn’t believe that she now had a luxurious lifestyle.  She was no longer on Seohyun’s couch, but on a $5,000 bed.  She kicked the covers off as a maid greeted her.  Yoona gave a friendly smile and bowed to the maid.

         “Good morning, Miss Im,” the maid bowed, “Mrs. Choi and Mr. Choi told me to greet you in the morning.  They also told me to inform you that they needed to meet with a few investors this morning, so they won’t be home until 4 pm.  Then, you must get ready to have dinner with the Ahn family.”

         “Thank you for telling me,” Yoona smiled, “Excuse me, but I’m going to take a shower.”

         The maid bowed one more time before exiting Yoona’s room.  Yoona locked the door and made her way into the bathroom that was connected to her bedroom.  She quickly slipped out of her clothes and hopped in the shower.  She didn’t know why, but whenever she showered, she thought of everything that she was going through. 

         She closed her eyes as she continued to shampoo her long hair.  Last night, Nichkhun left early because he had training in the morning.  The poor guy had 8 miles to run plus cardio and strength training.  Before Nichkhun left, he asked her to watch his next fight.  Yoona resisted through his many pleads.  She couldn’t stand seeing her friend getting hurt.  Even if Nichkhun never lost an official match, he would still get hurt, and Yoona couldn’t watch her friend being punched and kicked by another fighter.  It was too much for Yoona to handle.  With much disappointment, he left the house after saying his goodbye.

         When the clock hit 2 am, Yoona went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.  She had another nightmare from a possible childhood memory.  When she walked to the kitchen, she happened to bump into Seunghyun.  Yoona grew disappointed to see him.  His breath reeked of alcohol, and he had a promiscuous looking woman in his arms.  Yoona swallowed up her pride and told her to leave because she was his girlfriend.  The woman grew surprised and frightened, so she quickly left.

         Yoona turned the water off and began to wipe her body with a dry, soft towel.  After getting dressed, she brushed through her wet hair with a round brush.  She stepped out of her bedroom with a pair of black shorts and a white blouse.  Her hair was damp, but she decided to let it air dry.  As she made her way to the kitchen, she walked by a bathroom that was occupied.  The light was on and Yoona heard someone making noises inside.  Yoona grew curious and pressed her ear against the door.  She heard someone crying.  She slowly knocked.

         “U-Uh, I’m using the bathroom!” the person said.

         Yoona immediately knew that it was Janey.  She was the only one in the house that had that distinct feminine voice.  Yoona closed her eyes slowly as she shook her head.  Janey was crying over something.

         “Janey, it’s Yoona,” Yoona informed her, “Can you please open the door?”

         “It’s fine, unnie,” Janey tried to assure her, “I’m just getting freshened up.”

         Yoona knew when someone was lying.  Janey was obviously trying to get rid of Yoona because of something she was trying to hide.

         “Honey, please open the door.  I’m here to help you,” Yoona convinced her, “Remember that we’re friends.  One of my duties as your friend is to listen to your problems.”

         Janey sighed in defeat as she slowly opened the door.  Yoona gave a positive smile as she walked into the large bathroom.  The bathroom was probably made for a royal family.  Yoona glanced over at the toilet and bathtub to see that it was trimmed in gold.  Yoona didn’t know if it was real gold, but she guessed that it was.  In fact, she wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

         Yoona closed the door behind her and immediately wiped the tears away from Janey’s face.  Her reddened eyes were filled with remorse and sadness.  Janey tried to smile only to have more tears escape her eyes.

         “What’s wrong?  You can tell me anything,” Yoona promised her.

         Janey was a bit hesitant at first, but she figured that Yoona was a trustworthy person.  No one had ever listened to her problems.  Her parents were always gone.  Even if her mother made an effort, there still wasn’t enough time for Janey to bond with her.  Her brothers were always focusing on their own lives, and her older cousins were focused on other things.  It was a new experience for Janey that someone offered to listen to her problems.

         “I m-made a CD,” Janey sputtered, “If you didn’t know, both of my oppas can rap, and I wanted to be like them.  I…I think I enjoy it, too.  Yesterday, I went to a classmate’s house to rehearse our performances.  They were mean to me before, and when they invited me to rehearse, I got happy, so I said yes right away.”

         Yoona nodded signaling her that she understood everything so far.

         Janey continued, “They only invited me to bully me.  They told me that I wasn’t talented and I immediately left the house to go home.  This morning, I thought I was going to get over it, but then I discovered this.  They did it!”

         Janey shakily held out the CD that she had made.  It had cracks all over the disc.  Janey then flipped the CD over to display the little message that those girls had written.

         You’re ugly and you’re worthless.  Don’t even try to enter the recital!  You’ll only embarrass yourself and bring shame to your family.

         “It didn’t end there,” Janey muttered, “They also put gum in my hair.  I didn’t see it until this morning.  I can’t take it off.  What if I have to cut my hair?  I like my long hair.”

         Yoona sensed the disappointment that Janey felt.  Yoona touched the wad of green gum in Janey’s dark hair.  She quickly shook her head and sighed in disappointment.

         “Don’t ever hang out with those girls again,” Yoona ordered her, “You deserve to have better friends than them.  What are their names?”

         “Kim Anna,” Janey said slowly, “She’s the one that planned everything.”

         Yoona made a mental note of the girl’s name.  If she ever crossed paths with her, she planned on giving her a piece of her mind even though she was just a little girl.

         “Don’t tell Seunghyun oppa,” Janey pleaded, “Anna is Uee’s little sister.  Didn’t oppa date Uee for a few months?”

         “You let your oppa date a woman that was related to someone that bullied you?  Didn’t you tell Seunghyun?  Does he even know?” Yoona interrogated her.

         Janey shook her head. 

         “I can’t tell him.  He won’t believe me,” Janey whispered.

         She couldn’t believe what Janey said.  Why wouldn’t her older brother believe her?  Yoona was sure that Seunghyun truly cared about Janey.  He knew how protective he was of her.  She was his only sister.

         “Why wouldn’t he believe you?” Yoona asked.

         Janey answered, “I don’t know.  I just don’t think he would believe me.  My oppa is focused on his own life.  He wouldn’t care about something as little as me getting bullied.  I’m sure I can handle it.  Unnie, promise me that you won’t tell my oppa about Kim Anna.  I’ll manage this by myself.”

         “I promise, Janey,” Yoona vowed, “but if you can’t handle it and I can see it, I’m going to have to step in, okay?”

         Janey nodded quickly and hugged Yoona.  She wrapped her short arms around Yoona’s slim waist as she gave a luminous smile.

         “I got gum stuck in my hair when I was 10.  I can help you remove it.  All we need to do is put ice cubes on it, so it can freeze and be easier to remove.  You won’t have to cut your beautiful hair.  About your CD…I can help you record a new track for your recital,” Yoona offered.

         Janey grinned as she held Yoona’s hand.  Yoona opened the door and led Janey out of the bathroom and into the kitchen to have breakfast.

         “Unnie, I don’t know what I would do without you.  Thank you for being so caring,” Janey admitted, “I wish oppa falls in love with you in real life so that you can be part of my family.”

         Yoona didn’t know what to say.  She didn’t want to burst her bubble though.  Seunghyun was far from her ideal man, and Seunghyun probably didn’t see her as his type.  Yoona continued to smile as she cupped Janey’s cheek with her palm.

         “Everything will be okay,” Yoona assured her, “As long as I’m here, I won’t let anything or anyone hurt you.”

____________________________

 

         “Sica, I can’t believe you did that!” Jiyong whined.

         Jessica had a satisfied smile on her face as she began to work on her homework assignment.  Jiyong had finished his assignment earlier.  He was lounging on his bed as he stared at the ceiling.  Jessica put down her notebook and looked at Jiyong.  She brought her knees into her chest as she hugged her legs.  An innocent smile was on her face.

         “I couldn’t help it.  He’s different.  Junhyung sshi didn’t try hitting on me.  He was arguing with me for those pair of hot pants.  He needed it for his sister, and it was probably the first time someone didn’t try to hit on me!  He’s in that 10% of men that I can actually stand!  Please go on that double date with me!” Jessica pleaded.

         Jiyong rolled his eyes, “I will not go on a date with Lee Kikwang.  He’s so freaking weird.”

         “Jiyoung, it’s girl code!” Jessica argued, “You have to go because you’re one of my friends!  Junhyung oppa really wants to go on a double date!  I don’t get why you’re complaining.  Kikwang oppa is kind of cute.”

         Jiyong grunted at the thought of Kikwang being his type.  He wasn’t his type at all.  Men weren’t Jiyong’s type!  If only Kikwang knew that Jiyong was a man, he would have probably been filled with disgust.

         Jessica pouted as she held her hands together.  She showed Jiyong her innocent puppy eyes, which seemed to be one of Jiyong’s weaknesses.  Jiyong deeply sighed as he pursed his lips out.

         “Sica, tell me why you would want to date him.  You said that he’s different because he didn’t try to hit on you, but he still managed to get your number.  He looks like another one of those cocky playboys.  He doesn’t seem different at all,” Jiyong said.

         At first, Jessica couldn’t think of a reason why he was different.  It was true that even if he didn’t try to hit on her at first, he still managed to get her number.  She then put her hand on Jiyong’s shoulder and gave a calm smile.

         “No one knows this,” Jessica told Jiyong, “Not even Tiffany knows, so don’t tell anyone.  I’m trusting you with this secret.”

         Jiyong didn’t know why she trusted him.  He then realized that she didn’t trust Choi Jiyong.  She only trusted the Kang Jiyoung that she knew.  Jiyong gave a tired smile and nodded.

         “You can trust me with anything,” Jiyong assured her.

         “I’m adopted,” Jessica confessed, “When I was four, I was admitted into an orphanage.  I don’t remember much because I was really young.  The social workers guessed that I was abandoned.  When I turned five, a single woman adopted me.  I think I embraced my feminist ideas because of her.  She warned me about men and how devious they were.  She was tricked by her fiancé into giving him her money and then leaving right after she went broke.”

         “Not all men are evil!” Jiyong argued.

         Jessica nodded, “Yes, I know.  Before my adoptive mother died, she told me about that 10% of men that are different from the others.  She told me that I needed to learn how to love so I wouldn’t end up as bitter as her.  That was when I had my first boyfriend.”

         Jiyong still couldn’t believe that she dated a guy.  He knew that she was capable of catching a man’s attention, but he almost found it impossible that she liked a man back.  She had her standards up too high.

         “Who was your first boyfriend?” Jiyong quietly asked.

         “His name was Park Jaebeom.  He was the perfect guy.  He went to New York for three months, and I was so crazy in love that I made a surprise trip to New York just to see him.  It turned out that he was already engaged.  He was just using me as a good time.  You don’t know how it felt to see him holding another woman.  It was just crazy.  There were so many emotions I felt that night.  I felt jealous, angry, depressed, and disappointed.  What made it worst was that he pretended to not know me in front of his fiancé,” Jessica told Jiyong.

         Jiyong’s jaw dropped in shock.  He considered himself to be a playboy, but he would never do that to a woman.  He would never pretend to not know her especially if she traveled across the world just to see him. 

         “What a jerk,” Jiyong whispered.

         “It made me bitter to this day,” Jessica admitted, “but I still don’t want to give up.  I know men see me as unpleasant, but I don’t want to be like this.  My brain is telling me to give another try with Junhyung oppa.  He’s different.  I haven’t seen a guy that was different in over three years.  You don’t know how excited I am.”

         Jiyong cleared his throat.

         “Are you going to be happy?” Jiyong asked.

         “I think so,” Jessica smiled, “It makes me happy that I’m even deciding to give a man a chance with me.”

         Jiyong hated himself for this.  He would never do this, and he still didn’t know why he would do this, but he couldn’t resist her.

         “If it brings a smile on your face, I’ll go on a double date…but it’s just for you.  It’s not because I like Kikwang,” Jiyong told her.

         “I love you, Jiyoung!” Jessica threw her arms around Jiyong’s neck, “You’re one of the best friends ever!”

         Jiyong slowly wrapped his arms around her back and broke into a smile.  He felt his heart warming up.  It was as if his stomach was twisting in a giant knot.

_____________________________

 

         Yoona stared at herself in the mirror as she put on her pearl earrings.  Eugene had given her the outfit that she was supposed to wear.  She wore a red dress that hugged her torso and hips.  It was flowy on the bottom. She wore a pair of black heels.  Her hair was fixed into loose curls.  She stepped out of her room to see that the rest of the family was already ready.

         Danny wore a black tuxedo with a white vest inside.  His hair was gelled back.  Eugene had her hair up in an elegant bun.  She wore a gray dress with diamond earrings dangling down her earlobes.  Janey chose to wear a purple short-sleeved dress and a pair of black Mary Jane shoes. 

         “Oh, Yoona!” Eugene grinned, “You look gorgeous, darling.  The Ahn family will surely love you.”

         “Thank you,” Yoona bowed, “All of you look great.”

         Danny nodded and smiled.

         “Yoona, we’re going to meet you and Seunghyun in the car.  Will you please make sure that Seunghyun is presentable?” Danny requested.

         “Of course, sir,” Yoona agreed.

         The three family members exited the mansion and waited in the car.  Yoona stood at the end of the stairs as she adjusted the bracelet on her wrist.  She was a bit nervous.  What if Kangta didn’t like her?  How was she going to help the Choi family if she couldn’t impress Kangta and his family?

         “You look worried, but you still look pretty,” she heard someone say.

         She looked up and saw Seunghyun with a smile on his face.  He seemed to be confident.  Yoona blushed at the compliment that he just gave her.  It was weird to hear it come out of his mouth.  He thought she was pretty.

         “Thanks, I guess,” Yoona shyly replied, “I’m actually surprised you’re being kind of nice.  I thought you would say that I looked like a scrawny troll or something.”

         “Nah, I’m not that mean,” Seunghyun told her.

         Yoona looked at his outfit and made sure that he looked presentable.  His hair was neatly combed.  He wore a black tuxedo.  He wore a white long-sleeved shirt under his blazer.  Yoona tilted her head as she saw the flawed tie.

         “Let me fix that,” Yoona said.

         Seunghyun grew startled as Yoona broke the barrier of personal space.  She gave a smile as she began to adjust Seunghyun’s tie.  Due to their height difference, her eyes were on the same level as his neck.  She straightened his tie as he continued to look at her from close up. 

         He was left breathless.  She was just amazingly beautiful.  He knew that he called her a nerd the first time he officially met her.  Well, it was true, but he intended that she looked like one, too.  He knew who she was before his mother did.  She was the woman that played the clarinet with the varsity band during his basketball games.  Truthfully, she was the only woman that didn’t fall for him at first sight.  Seeing her at such a close angle made his heart beat quickly.  He thought she was pretty before, but she was extremely beautiful close up. 

         “Seunghyun sshi, are you okay?” Yoona questioned as she took a step back.

         Seunghyun nodded quickly, “Let’s go now!  Ahn Kangta and his family are waiting.”

____________________________

         Jiyong clenched his jaw as Kikwang continued to smile at him.  They were in the beach.  Kikwang and Junhyung set up a large bonfire next to the shore.  The heat of the bonfire radiated off onto their skin keeping them warm. 

         Jiyong grabbed a large marshmallow and put it on the end of a large stick.  He began to roast it while he completely ignored Kikwang’s rambling.

         Kikwang continued, “Did you know that I can bench press over a hundred pounds?  I’ve been gradually increasing the weight because I don’t want to overwhelm myself.  I want to go on my own pace, you know?”

         “Sorry, but I really don’t care about weight training,” Jiyong confessed.

         Kikwang grew nervous as he cleared his throat.  Jiyong glanced over at Jessica and Junhyung.  Junhyung was telling her a cheesy joke and she was laughing.  She even playfully slapped him on the shoulder.  Jiyong crossed his arms and gave a bored expression.

         “Jagiya, do you want to share a meal from the restaurant on the pier?” Kikwang asked Jiyong.

         Jiyong shook his head, “No.  I already ate.”

         “You told Jessica earlier that you were hungry,” Kikwang interjected.

         “No,” Jiyong disagreed, “I changed my mind.  I’m not hungry.  I suddenly lost my appetite.  Oh, and please don’t call me your jagiya.  We’re far from that.”

         He saw Jessica and Junhyung stand up.  Jiyong’s eyes darted to them as Jessica waved her hands up to gain Jiyong’s attention.

         “Jiyoung, we’re going to talk a walk on the shore!” Jessica informed him.

         “Oh…you…you two go on ahead.  Be back quick!” Jiyong pleaded.

         Junhyung smiled, “Don’t worry.  We will be back soon.”

         “You better or I’ll kill you,” Jiyong murmured under his breath.

         “Jagiya, what did you say?” Kikwang asked as Junhyung and Jessica began their walk.

         Jiyong lied, “I said I was cold.”

         Kikwang’s eyes widened as he took off his jacket.  He wrapped it around Jiyong’s shoulders.  To be honest, he was expecting Jiyong to smile that he was being so sweet.  Jiyong took the sweater off his shoulders and wore it properly.

         “Thanks, man!” Jiyong slapped his shoulder hard, “You know what I don’t understand?  Why do guys wrap sweaters around the woman’s shoulders when you can put it on the woman properly?  I mean…it keeps them warmer.  And you know what else?  If a woman is cold, you shouldn’t give her your sweater unless there is no place around where it’s warm.  You should bring her to a warm place so that the both of you can be warm.  You could have brought me into the shopping center on the pier.  It’s warm there.”

         “Well, I didn’t know you wanted to go to the shopping center,” Kikwang laughed nervously.

         Jiyong’s eyes narrowed, “Are you scared that I might ask you to buy something for me?  You don’t want to spend a penny on me, huh?  You probably have a lot of women that you’re seeing right now, so you can’t afford to buy something for each of us.  All you did for this date was build a fire and buy marshmallows.  What’s that?  It’s probably cost you and Junhyung $5 at the most.”

         Kikwang stared at Jiyong with so much wonder.  It was just amazing that Jiyong knew so much about men.  In Kikwang’s eyes, he found it impossible for a woman to know so much about me.  Jiyong gave a taunting smile that seemed to troubled Kikwang.

         “Jiyoung…I have something to tell you.  You’re just so different from other women…and…” Kikwang said.

         Jiyong’s eyes lit up as he folded his hands together.  He smiled widely and began to guess what Kikwang wanted to say.

         “I’m different, so you never want to see me again?” Jiyong finished for him, “If that’s the case, I’ll be more than glad to never see you again.”

         Kikwang shook his head, “No, you’re different from other women and that’s why I’m falling for you!  I think I love you, Kang Jiyoung!”

         Disgust was shown on Jiyong’s face as Kikwang embraced him.  Jiyong pushed him away violently as he continued to show his repulsion.  A man claimed to be in love with him!  It was so absurd!  It was wrong on so many levels!  Kikwang and Jiyong were both straight men, and if Kikwang found out that Kang Jiyoung was really Choi Jiyong, he would go crazy.

         “Ew, what the hell are you talking about?” Jiyong questioned him.

         Kikwang answered, “The way that you reject me…the way you act like you don’t care…it’s just different.  Because of that, I’m falling for you, Kang Jiyoung!  I have never wanted a woman this bad in my life.”

         Jiyong gasped as Kikwang tried to kiss him.  Kikwang approached him quickly and their lips almost touched.  Kikwang was cupping Jiyong’s cheek until Jiyong slapped it away.  Jiyong needed to think of a way to make himself look unattractive to Kikwang or else Kikwang would continue to bother him.  He then thought that men usually don’t like women with masculine strength.  Jiyong clenched his fist into a ball and threw a punch on Kikwang’s cheek.  Kikwang fell on his back and held the wounded cheek with his hand.  He was shocked at how strong Jiyong was.

         “Jiyoung…you’re a fighter!  You fight for what you believe in!” Kikwang adored him, “That’s making me want you more!  I’m falling deeper in love!”

         Kikwang quickly wrapped his arms around Jiyong and lifted him up from the floor.  Jiyong struggled to break away from his embrace as he tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

         “This is just infatuation!” Jiyong yelled, “You really don’t like me!”

         Kikwang tried to kiss Jiyong’s cheek until Jiyong violently shoved Kikwang’s face away with his right hand. 

         “Get away from me, you , testosterone-filled demon!” Jiyong cursed.

________________________

 

         Yoona still couldn’t believe that she was having dinner with aristocrats.  She was in between the two richest families in Seoul.  Yoona felt a bit intimidated, but she felt comfortable.  It was hard to explain because she felt very attached to the Ahn family.  They were similar to her.  They were really educated and bright.  She was already comfortable with the Choi family, so she spoke freely. 

         The Ahn family had four members.  Ahn Kangta was the head of the family.  He was the CEO of Asia’s best oil and gasoline company.  It was a successful business. Since Kangta loved animals, he also owned a chain of veterinary hospitals. 

         Ahn Kahi was Kangta’s beautiful wife.  Yoona was in awe to see that she was even more beautiful in person than in the magazines.  She was a multitalented performer when Kangta met her.  She retired from her career as a professional singer and dancer, and she settled for a career as the new CEO of an entertainment company that she made with her husband’s help.

         Kangta and Kahi’s oldest child was just as beautiful was Kahi.  Her name was Hyuna.  Hyuna was a high school senior that was taking advanced classes in English, calculus, physics, and literature.  Hyuna’s hair was jet black which matched her mother’s.

         The youngest child of the Ahn family was named Kai.  Yoona read about him and she knew that he had studied in New York for three years until he returned to Seoul last year.  He was currently a high school sophomore.  He didn’t resemble much of Kahi and took more of his looks from his father’s side.  Kai seemed to be very friendly and outgoing.  He was very intelligent and had plans of being in politics when he graduated from college.

         “I really want to be the president when I grow up,” Kai confessed.

         “Aw, how cute,” Seunghyun smiled.

         Seunghyun really thought that he was joking, but Kai wasn’t.  Kai’s smile slowly faded away as Yoona elbowed Seunghyun’s side violently.  Kangta cleared his throat to ease some of the awkwardness. 

         “So Kai, are you willing to go through all the work to be the president one day?” Yoona asked.

         She then gave Seunghyun a quick look that told him to jump into the conversation.  Eugene and Danny noticed that Yoona was always trying to involve Seunghyun in the conversation.

         “Yeah, are you willing to be as a senator or a representative for a few years?  Most presidents were senators or house representatives at one point,” Seunghyun pointed out.

         Kai nodded, “Yeah, I’m really willing to go through all of that.  In fact, I already thought of ways to reduce the unemployment rate in Korea.  I know I sound a bit confident, but I really do think that I can do good for our country.”

         “Sorry, guys,” Hyuna joked, “My little brother is a bit of a dreamer.”

         “I actually think that he could do it,” Yoona grinned, “It’s good that Kai sshi has his goals set at such a young age.  With perseverance and dedication, you can be president one day.”

         “Kai sshi, I’ll be your first supporter,” Seunghyun added.

         Kangta joined the conversation with a grin on his face.

         “I’m actually really glad that I met people who believe in my son.  Like Hyuna said, people think that he’s a dreamer, but my boy has never failed me in reaching his goals.  It’s refreshing to meet people like you,” Kangta stated.

         The two families ate dinner in harmony as the conversation began to flow.  They were all contented with each other.  Yoona was like a bridge to the two families.   After dinner, Kangta had a smile plastered on his face.

         “You know, I never thought Seunghyun sshi was family material,” Kangta said, “From what I learned through the conversations, he really does put family before him.  And I can tell that he loves Yoona sshi with all his heart.  Whenever she talked, he looked at her with that look in his eyes.  It was the same look I gave Kahi when I first saw her.  I hope to see you two married one day.”

         Yoona nervously swallowed and gave a gentle smile.  She almost felt guilty for lying to Kangta and his family.  What made her nervous was the fact that Kangta told her about the look of devotion in Seunghyun’s eyes.  It was as if he really did love her.  Yoona guessed that he was a good actor.

         “Family is a really big thing to me,” Kangta continued, “If you guys didn’t know, I lost my family more than ten years ago.  I had a wife and a daughter.  My first wife died during childbirth.  I was separated from my daughter when we were in an amusement park.  I think…someone abducted her, and I never saw her again.  The police told me that she probably died because she was last seen with a very powerful leader of a gang.  He abducted her and killed her.  Ever since I lost my family, I began to cherish my new family.  I will do anything for them, and I’m glad that Seunghyun sshi is dedicated, too.”

         Kahi nodded, “I also lost my daughter.  My first husband divorced me and left me for an old, rich woman.  I was on a cruise with my daughter and when the ship crashed, she was put on a separate lifeboat from me.  I couldn’t find her when we docked on the port.  I searched everywhere, but I couldn’t find her.  One lifeboat crashed into some rocks, and the cruise staff guessed that she went down with the lifeboat.”

         Danny and Eugene were surprised at Kahi and Kangta’s confessions.  If they lost any of their children, they would have been a mess; to see that they found strength and grew successful was motivational.

         “I would like to talk to Danny sshi and Eugene sshi with my wife in my office,” Kangta announced, “Hyuna, why don’t you and Kai help the maids clean up.”

         Danny was surprised that he asked his children to help the servants.  It was because Kangta wanted his children to learn how to appreciate the help that they get.

         “Okay, dad,” Kai and Hyuna said together.

         “How about us?” Seunghyun questioned politely, “Would you like to talk to me and Yoona, too?”

         Kangta put his hand on Seunghyun’s shoulder and gave a smirk.

         “Why don’t you two lovebirds spend the rest of the night together?  I know how young love is.  You two probably want to spend the rest of the evening together,” Kangta winked.

         Hyuna agreed, “I know!  You two are so cute together!”

         “SeungYoon for the win!” Kai cheered playfully.

         “Sorry about that,” Kahi laughed to herself, “My children like to make up names for couples that they like.  Yoona sshi and Seunghyun sshi, why don’t you two get going and spend the rest of the day together?  We would like to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Choi in privacy, and we know that you two would rather be alone.”

         “Oh…okay, Kahi sshi,” Yoona bowed, “Thank you for the wonderful dinner.”

___________________________________

 

         The night breeze felt good against Jessica’s skin.  She was still in the beach with Jiyong.  Jiyong stained Kikwang’s crotch with the ice cream shake that he made Kikwang buy for him.  Since Junhyung and Kikwang drove to the beach together, they had to leave together due to Kikwang’s embarrassment.  Jessica was planning on leaving after they left, but Jiyong decided to stay for a bit just to hang out with Jessica.  They spread a blanket over the soft sand and laid on their backs to stare at the stars.

         “Whoa, it’s beautiful,” Jessica gasped.

         “Yup,” Jiyong nodded, “but there are actually more stars.  The city lights are practically killing the rest of the sight.”

         “How do you know this?  You’re a city girl,” Jessica interrogated.

         “Jiyong oppa told me,” Jiyong lied, “He goes camping every year to the mountains just to look at the stars.  He said that when he looks up at them, he feels at ease because it’s as if God was looking down on him with a smile on his face.”

         “I didn’t know Jiyong had a good side to him,” Jessica admitted, “That’s a first.”

         Jiyong lifted himself up on his elbow and rolled on his side.  He stared at Jessica who looked back at him.

         “Why do you hate Jiyong oppa so much?  I actually think he likes you,” Jiyong confessed.

         “Really?  Does he like me or does he like how I look?” Jessica rolled her eyes.

         Jiyong was utterly confused.  If a woman found out that a man found her attractive, shouldn’t she be happy, not sulking over it?

         “Sica, why does it matter?” Jiyong asked.

         Jessica answered, “It matters because there are a lot of temporary things in life.  Even this earth is temporary.  Most of all, looks are temporary.  The only permanent thing that I can think of is…love.  I don’t want to be with someone that want to be with me because of my looks.  Looks fade…and love doesn’t.  Call me old-fashioned, but I actually want to grow old with someone.  Growing old with someone you love is beautiful because growing old with someone requires looking past appearances and loving them for who they are.”

         Jiyong was captivated with Jessica’s speech.  He didn’t know that Jessica looked at love as a long-term thing.  She was the type that only planned on getting married to only one man and never going through divorce like other couples.

         “Jiyong is far from that,” Jessica sighed, “Don’t get me wrong.  Your cousin is really handsome.  He has the charms, but I know that he has a lot of women in his mind.  I would only like a man that has one woman in his heart.”

         “I should tell him to change,” Jiyong whispered, “I really feel that you’re the type of woman that he would fall in love with.”

_____________________________

 

         After Yoona and Seunghyun were practically kicked out from the Ahn family’s mansion, Yoona guessed that Seunghyun would want to go home to rest, but he claimed that he actually wanted to go to the beach.  Yoona then agreed and they both drove to the beach together.

         Yoona stepped out of the car and immediately heard the waves gently hitting the shore.  Yoona climbed on top of the car’s hood and sat there.  Seunghyun joined her after buying two cans of coffee.  Yoona bowed her head in appreciation that he bought her coffee.

         “Why do you look so happy?” Seunghyun asked with amusement.

         “We did well during the dinner!  Kangta sshi likes us!” Yoona cheered, “And plus, I’m kind of happy that I’m at the beach.  It has been a while since I’ve been here.”

         “You were pretty convincible,” Seunghyun praised her, “Uh…about that time you had your friends come over…can I ask who came over?”

         Yoona raised an eyebrow as he looked at Seunghyun.  For the first time, the suave playboy millionaire looked anxious about something.  It was as if it was really bothering him.

         “Why does it matter?  I thought you didn’t care,” Yoona mocked him.

         Seunghyun cleared his throat, “Well, I…I want to know who came to my home!”

         “Well, for your information, it was Nichkhun oppa,” Yoona answered.

         “Why don’t you call me oppa?  You call Nichkhun your oppa, and you always call me Seunghyun sshi,” Seunghyun brought up.

         Yoona was just amazed at how he was behaving.  Why was he so defensive today?  He usually didn’t give a damn about her, and now he seemed to be concerned.

         “He’s been my friend since we were children.  He’s like a brother to me,” Yoona informed him, “To be honest, I don’t think I should be calling you my oppa.  We’re not even friends.”

         “And why can’t we be friends?” Seunghyun put his hands around his waist.

         “Well, for starters, you’re pretty mean to me!  The first time I officially met you…you were rude.  You said that I was a nerd.  You also said that I was only there to get money from your family.  If you only knew about the dreams and hopes that I have…” Yoona shook her head disappointedly.

         He immediately felt guilt invading his heart.  He never felt guilty about anything!  He was the man that broke many hearts without a single feeling of guilt.  Why was he getting so emotional over the fact that he called Yoona a nerd with the intentions of getting money from his family? 

         “I’m really sorry,” Seunghyun apologized, “I thought you were a gold-digger, but I know you’re not.”

         Yoona laughed, “I have something to confess.  I initially thought that you and your friends were no good at all.  With the exception of Taeyang, I thought all of you guys were players that used your power ruthlessly against the weak.  As I got to know you better, I kind of changed my mind.  Plus, Geun Suk oppa is a real life saver.”

         The last sentence slipped from Yoona’s mouth.  She didn’t plan on ever talking about the time Geun Suk had saved her from the wrath of Uee and her friends with anyone.  She immediately looked away and nervously swallowed her saliva.

         “Geun Suk saved you?  When?  How?  Where?” Seunghyun asked quickly.

         “It’s really nothing,” Yoona assured him.

         “Tell me!” Seunghyun begged.

         “Fine!” Yoona frowned, “Well, these three witches tried to abuse me, and oppa stopped them.”

         He knew that it was Uee and her friends.  He pressed his lips together as he heard Yoona call Geun Suk her oppa.  Why couldn’t she call him that?  He sighed desperately as he rested his hands behind his head while he laid on his back.

         “I’m going to kill Uee,” Seunghyun muttered.

         “How did you know it was her?” Yoona inquired.

         Seunghyun shrugged, “Well, she’s the only jealous, controlling tramp that’s crazy about me.  The other women that like me are too shy to even approach me after I dumped them.  If she tries to hurt you again, don’t go to anyone else.  Go to me, and I’ll protect you.”

         Yoona was lost in confusion because of him.  Why was he so different from other men?  Most men stuck to one type of attitude, but he didn’t.  One moment he was rude, arrogant, and cold-blooded. The next moment, he was warm, caring, and loving.

         “Yoona, thank you for helping my family out,” Seunghyun finally said.

         This caught her off guard.  She thought that he believed she was only doing this for money.

         “Well, like you said, I’m also benefitting from it,” Yoona laughed.

         Seunghyun disagreed, “No.  I was wrong.  You’re doing more than that.  You’re helping me have a good image even if I’m discourteous to you.  I actually know about what else you have done for my family.  Thank you for being Janey’s supporter.  I’m never there for her, and I don’t know how to support her.  I overheard your talk with her this morning.  I heard that a few of her classmates bullied her.  Thank you for making her feel better because Jiyong and I don’t know how.  We’re doing bad as her older brothers, and we still have so much to learn.”

         “There’s always time for improvement,” Yoona smiled.

         Seunghyun gulped, “Yoona…can we be friends?  I never planned on befriending you, but…I feel as if you’d do good for me as your friend.”

         Yoona stared at him for a few seconds.  At first, she thought he was joking, but he had a solemn look in his eyes.  He was being serious about it.  Yoona slowly nodded and gave a smile.

         “As long as you’re nice to me, I’ll be your friend!” Yoona smiled.

         Surprisingly, she hugged him.  Seunghyun felt her body against his and she wrapped her arms around his neck.  Seunghyun then smiled with ease as he hugged her back. 

         He loved it, but he also hated it.  Through a friendship, he was able to learn from her.  He knew that she was different from other women, and that the friendship would be valuable to him, but through a friendship, he was constantly reminded that she was too good for him. 

         He suddenly snapped out of his thoughts and had the urge to slap himself.  Why was he thinking about her…as a lover?  A woman like her didn’t belong with a man like him!  He forced the thought out of his mind and tried to focus as Yoona pulled away from the embrace slowly.

         “I’m glad that you turned around,” Yoona smiled.

_____________________________

 

         Jessica dragged Jiyong by pulling on his hand.  Jiyong sulked as he trudged on.  Jiyong was already exhausted, but Jessica was still full of energy.  Jessica insisted on swimming in the beach late at night.  Jiyong grew anxious because Jessica wanted to wear a swimsuit.  Jiyong would have to wear a swimsuit for women, too, then!  Jiyong talked her out of it by claiming that all the stores were closed, but Jessica was persistent and requested that they check if the shopping centers were closed.

         Jessica smiled and saw that the beach was pretty much deserted.  They would see a group of friends walking by or a couple now and then, but other than that, they were pretty much alone.  Jessica’s eyes narrowed as she saw a familiar face.  She quickly ran with Jiyong trailing behind her as she waved her arms crazily in the air.

         “IM YOONA!” Jessica screamed at the top of her lungs.

         Yoona suddenly sat up from the hood of the car and looked at who was calling her.  Her eyes widened and then jumped off the car.  She began to jump up and down in excitement with Jessica.  Jiyong, on the other hand, grew tense to see his brother and Yoona.  He then smirked as he thought of the two together.  Seunghyun acted as if he didn’t like Yoona when he first met her.  Jiyong was then filled with worry.  What if Yoona and Seunghyun recognized him and revealed him?  He tried to walk away only to catch Seunghyun’s attention.  Seunghyun ran up to him.

         “Jung Jessica?” Yoona asked.

         “OH MY GOSH!” the two women yelled at the top of their lungs as they held hands and jumped up and down in excitement.

         “Jiyong?” Seunghyun asked quietly as he grabbed Jiyong’s arm.

         “Shh,” Jiyong quietly put his finger to his lips.

         “Why are you wearing that?” Seunghyun questioned as he referred to the clothes and wig that Jiyong wore, “They’re for women…and shouldn’t you be in Australia?”



 

Author's Notes:

Sunshine94:  Whew!  I'm so glad that we can finally update.  We've been working on this for two hours.  Even if we had a lot of breaks (mostly to watch SNSD and BB videos), we are exhausted!  I hope you guys liked it!

jessicajessica:  I'm soooo tired.  I had to type lol.  I usually just tell Sarah what to type on the parts I have to write because I'm so lazy, but her fingers began to cramp from typing so much.  Thanks for reading, guys!  I hope you guys comment and subscribe!  Much love from us to you! ;D