Hinting

Love in Disguise

 

                  The two brothers had already left on their private jet to Australia leaving their girlfriends completely alone.  There was no surprise that Danny and Eugene were at the company building working on the transfers for Seunghyun’s new position as the president and Jiyong’s future position as the vice-president once he graduates.

                  It was just their first week of vacation.  With no school, both women were left with a lot of time in their hands.  Yoona, dressed in a two-piece polka dot bathing suit, jumped into the pool as she plugged her nose with her fingers.  Jessica was well enough to get in the water because her wound was healing at a faster rate.  She was laying on a large inflatable ring as she soaked up the sun.  Janey had stopped swimming her laps as she adjusted her goggles.

                  “Yoona, you can swim?” Jessica was amazed.

                  Yoona blushed, “Seunghyun taught me.  He said he didn’t want the risk of me drowning when he wasn’t there.”

                  Janey began to smile, as she stayed afloat.

                  “My oppa is in love with you!” Janey teased, “Both of my oppas are in love with you two!  I’m so happy.  I hope you two can be my sisters.”

                  Jessica agreed, “I hope so, too.”

                  Janey swam to the side and climbed out of the pool.  She looked at the two grown women in the pool and waved at them.

                  “I have to do my vacation homework,” Janey informed them.

                  Jessica raised an eyebrow, “You have homework on vacation?”

                  “Yeah, I do attend a private school, and it’s very strict,” Janey frowned, “My teachers for next school year gave me my homework already.”

                  Janey walked into the house as a maid handed her a fluffy towel.  Yoona swam to Jessica and hung onto the inflatable ring.  Jessica pushed her sunglasses up and then looked at Yoona.

                  “I wonder what they’re doing right now,” Yoona wondered.

                  “Whatever it is, it better be something business related,” Jessica stated, “If they go clubbing or something, we should kill them together.”

                  Yoona giggled, “I’m sure that they’re not doing anything bad!”

____________________________

                  Jiyong and Seunghyun were in an uncomfortable position.  They went to Australia to take care of some matters and retrieve Jiyoung.  Jiyoung failed to inform them that she had a group of friends that were attracted to handsome Korean men.  Jiyong tried to take a sip of his tea while Seunghyun sat stiffly on the sofa.  Jiyoung was packing her bags while her friends continued to flirt with the two brothers.

                  “Is it alright if we call you two oppa?” one asked as she blinked her eyes.

                  Their accents were heavy, but they spoke good English.  Jiyong gave a polite nod and then put down his tea before he could even take a sip.  He took a deep breath, as Seunghyun remained as rigid as a statue.

                  “If our girlfriends find out about them, they’ll kill them and eat them for dinner,” Seunghyun muttered to Jiyong in Korean.

                  Jiyong replied in a husky tone, “We’re not doing anything wrong.  Just don’t make eye contact and we’ll be fine!” 

                  Without a single warning, one of Jiyoung’s friends reached for Jiyong.  The woman had her hand on his thigh as his eyes bulged out in surprise.  Another woman then stood up and sat on Seunghyun’s lap.  Jiyong didn’t know if he should push her hand away or politely ask her to remove her hand.  Seunghyun didn’t know if he was supposed to push the woman off his lap.  All they knew was that if Yoona and Jessica saw them, they would be dead.

                  “Uh, ladies?” Jiyong said nervously, “With all due respect, we would appreciate it if you two would stop with the skinship.  We have girlfriends that we really do love.”

                  Before the girls could reply, Jiyoung walked into the room to see what her friends were doing to her older cousins.

                  “Yah, you two need to get the hell off my cousins!” Jiyoung nagged comically, “They already have girlfriends and if you break them up, I’ll be the first to murder you two!”

_____________________________

                  Jessica was lying on the bed that she shared with Yoona as she read a book that Yoona had made her start.  She flipped to the next page with excitement.  Yoona always knew the best books with the most exciting plots.  Jessica heard her phone beep loudly.  Without taking her eyes off the book, she reached for her phone a few inches away from her and pressed the unlock button.  As soon as she finished the paragraph she was reading, she looked at her phone screen.  She broke into a grin to see that it was a message from Jiyong.

 

I miss you too much.  I wish you were here with me. :(

What are you doing right now?

 

                  Jessica quickly replied.

 

I miss you too, babe!  Just come home safe and sound!

I’m actually reading a book that Yoona recommended.  ^___^ How’s Australia?

 

                  Within five minutes, Jessica received a reply from Jiyong.  It may have sounded absurd, but Jessica was already starting to miss him.  They were only apart for a few days, but it felt like forever for her.  She hated to admit that she had fallen head over heels for him.

 

Wow, my baby took an interest in reading?  Australia is amazing.  I just wish you were here with me to explore the country.  When I get back, let’s take a vacation.  You could choose any country. :)

 

                  Before Jessica could reply, Yoona entered the room as she observed her friend.  Jessica was giggling to herself like a lovesick teenager as she looked at her phone.  Jessica noticed Yoona’s presence and immediately stopped giggling.  Yoona gave a lighthearted smile.

                  “Sica, I’m going to go out,” Yoona informed her, “I’m going to have dinner with a friend.”

                  Jessica nodded, “Just be back before nine!  I know the almighty Choi Seunghyun is going to call me and check where you are.”

                  Yoona nodded and made her way out of the mansion.  She entered her car and began to drive to a restaurant.  With a firm grip around the steering wheel, she drove with caution and alertness.  She still wondered whether or not Seunghyun’s men watched over her.  She thought that maybe he had retracted them.  Ever since she grew upset over the fact that she was being watched, she didn’t see any of them following her again.

                  She stepped out of the car and went into the fancy restaurant.  As soon as she entered the restaurant, she heard jazz music being played by a live band.  The greeter smiled at her and bowed.  Yoona bowed in return and grinned at the elderly man.

                  “Miss, may I help you?” he asked.

                  “Ahjussi, I’m here for Park Yoochun,” Yoona informed him.

                  The man’s eyes lit up, “You must be the woman he’s waiting for.  Let me lead you to Mr. Park.”

                  The man led Yoona through the main dining room.  She thought that he would stop there and Yoochun would be sitting on a table somewhere, but the old man continued to walk.  He then reached the back of the room and knocked on a red door before entering it.  He slid the door to the side to reveal that Yoochun had a private room in mind.  Yoona bowed to the greeter as he walked away.  Yoona went inside the room and sat across from Yoochun as he signaled for her to take a seat.

                  A waiter or a staff member closed the door giving them privacy.  Yoona cleared to see Yoochun sipping on a glass of white wine.  He was still wearing his suit, and Yoona could guess that he just got out of work.

                  “Yoochun sshi, thank you for finding the time to meet up with me,” Yoona bowed her head.

                  He gave a simple nod.  He normally didn’t do this for anyone—even for his own father.  They had to make appointments because family wasn’t at the top of his list.  He smiled at Yoona as Yoona nervously swallowed.

                  To him, she looked absolutely stunning.  She was just wearing a cardigan, a pair of jeans, sneakers, and a beanie, but she was already beautiful to him.  Her eyes were filled with good will, and he knew that there had to be a good reason to why she wanted to meet up with him.  He knew that she wouldn’t want to start an affair with him.  Even though he admitted to himself that he wouldn’t mind having an affair with her, he knew that she would never do it.  Yoochun could see the love that Yoona had for Seunghyun.  She would never want to betray him.

                  “I’m sorry, but I’d like to ask for a favor,” Yoona shyly muttered.

                  This caught his attention.  Normally, he would ask for something in exchange, but this time, he couldn’t think of what he would want from her.  She had something that allured him, but he just didn’t know what it was. 

                  “I’m afraid I may be asking for too much,” Yoona whispered.

                  He laughed at that statement.  Whatever she wanted was hers. 

                  “Just tell me,” Yoochun insisted, “Whatever it is…it’s done.  I’ll make it happen.”

____________________________

                  Was it really possible for two ex-lovers to act like best friends?  Jessica didn’t think so, but here she was.  She was hanging out with Changmin and Jaebeom at their apartment.  She was so bored at home without Yoona, so she asked Changmin to pick her up to watch a movie and to catch up.  She was sure that she wouldn’t be put into harm by that stalker.  She had two strong men to protect her and take her home to safety.

                  “No!  That pickup line does not work!” Jessica shook her head.

                  Jaebeom pursed his lips as he crossed his arms against his chest.  Changmin was laughing like a fool as he stuffed his mouth with a forkful of noodles. 

                  Jessica continued, “You can’t tell that hot nurse that pickup line!  She’ll probably laugh at your face.  Try another one.”

                  Jaebeom began to think to himself and his eyes lit up when he thought of a new pickup line. 

                  “I wish I was your coronary artery so that I could be wrapped around your heart,” Jaebeom recited with confidence.

                  Jessica and Changmin looked at each other and burst out laughing in hysteria.  Jaebeom took a pillow and began to smack the both of them in the head.  He was trying his best, but he wasn’t very good at picking up women.  He hadn’t had a girlfriend since Jessica because he felt terrible for doing her wrong and he spent a lot of his time doing volunteer work to make him feel better.

                  “I give up!  I will never score a date with her!” Jaebeom pouted.

                  Changmin began to laugh to himself as he rested his hand on his shoulder.

                  “Nurse Gyuri has to be one of the prettiest nurses out there,” Changmin said.

                  “I heard she had the hots for you!” Jessica exclaimed, “Just be yourself and you’ll be just fine.  I bet she’s been waiting for you to ask her out for a while now.”

                  Jessica looked at the coffee table filled with different platters of food that Changmin made.  Well, he didn’t really cook them.  They were all instant food.  He either made them by adding hot water or popping them in the oven.  Jessica grabbed a pot sticker from a plate and stuffed it into .  As soon as Jessica took a bite of it, she immediately spit it out.  It tasted foul and disgusting.

                  “Ew, it’s so nasty!” Jessica screamed as Jaebeom laughed.

                  Changmin looked at the pot sticker that Jessica had just spit out.  He placed a napkin over it and picked it up to throw it away.

                  “I think it’s expired,” Changmin guessed.

                  “Oppa!” Jessica shrieked as Changmin joined in on the laughter, “Why did you serve me expired pot stickers?”

__________________________

                  Yoochun listened carefully as Yoona finished up her proposal.  He was correct.  She wanted a favor that was going to help someone other than her.  She was the perfect example of a selfless person.

                  “You want me to find the parents of this little girl?” Yoochun asked.

                  “Yes,” Yoona nodded, “Hyeri is in desperate need to find her parents.  I know her mother is dead, but her father is still alive.  I heard that you have connections with people in the justice department, and they have great tracking skills.  I just hope that you’d consider it.”

                  As Yoona talked, Yoochun was on his phone texting.  Yoona thought that he wasn’t going to do it.  She sighed in defeat.  She shouldn’t have ever asked help from him.  She should have asked Seunghyun, but Seunghyun didn’t have many contacts with the justice department.  He had more contacts with entrepreneurs and politicians.

                  “Done,” Yoochun said in a subtle tone.

                  “What?” Yoona asked.

                  He smiled, “I just sent a text to a good friend of mine that I want him to find out who Park Hyeri’s parents are.”

                  “Th-thank you!” Yoona stuttered.

                  “It’s really nothing,” Yoochun smiled, “I don’t even know why you were worrying.”

                  A waiter knocked and then entered the room.  He was holding a tray with two glasses of champagne on it.  He set the two glasses of champagne in front of Yoona and Yoochun and then walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

                  “I didn’t even order the glasses of champagne,” Yoochun admitted, “Let’s just toast to finding Hyeri’s parents.”

                  Yoona grabbed the glass in front of her and clinked her glass towards Yoochun’s.  Within a few seconds, they both drank the champagne.  Yoochun set down the glass and then cleared his throat.

                  Yoona’s head began to feel funny.  She felt lightheaded and really sleepy.  Her vision was beginning to blur as she looked at Yoochun across from her.  He seemed to have the same effects, too.  It wasn’t until he lost consciousness and banged his head against the surface to the table did Yoona notice that she was in for the same fate.  Her eyelids grew even droopier as her body lost the battle and fell asleep.  She knew for a fact that there was something in store for Yoochun and Yoona.

 


Authors' Notes:  As stated in the title, this chapter hints big things for both couples.  We hope that you like it! :)