Because of Love

Love in Disguise

 

 

                  “Look, detective,” Jiyong sighed, “I really don’t know what happened, but I’m pretty sure that those two es were the causes to it!”

                  The detective assigned on the case was Hwang Chansung.  The media was in a big frenzy after they found out what had happened.  Yoona fainting in the middle of her own party and Jessica crying loudly after seeing her sister faint and after realizing that she was going to lose her baby seemed to freak the public out.

                  The tall detective leaned against the table as Jiyong sat down in his chair.  They needed to come up with a story and soon.  Everyone in Korea was waiting for find out who had caused the two unfortunate events.  They wanted to know how two powerful figures could fall so easily.

                  “I need to get back,” Jiyong mumbled, “I need to be by Jessica’s side.  I told myself that I would never let anyone hurt her.”

                  Chansung knew that Jiyong was attached to Jessica.  He didn’t leave her sight for one second in the hospital.

                  “We did as you suggested, and we searched Eunjung.  She didn’t have anything on her,” Chansung informed him, “People do have suspicion that you may have participated in what happened to Jessica sshi.”

                  Jiyong stared at the detective dumbfounded.  There was no way that he would hurt Jessica or her baby.  Someone had found a way to get Jessica to take abortion pills. 

                  “Why would people say that?” Jiyong questioned, “I love her.”

                  Chansung tapped the table, “Exactly.  People think that you had sneaked abortion pills to her somehow so that she wouldn’t be attached to Changmin anymore.  Love does make you do crazy things.”

                  “Well, all those accusations are false,” Jiyong said firmly, “I let her go.  I know that she always wanted a family, and that baby was going to be the start to her new family.  I already loved that baby…even if she wasn’t mine.  It was because I love Jessica.”

________________________

                  “Why isn’t she waking up?” Yuri worried.

                  Tiffany, Taeyeon, Yuri, and Fei cancelled their plans so that they could go to the hospital.  They stared at Jessica’s face; she was so calm and peaceful.  With her hands on her sides, she was sleeping soundly.  She was hooked up to an IV line.  She also had to receive blood because of all the blood she had lost.

                  Changmin answered, “I talked to her doctor, and he said that she had just gone through a major surgery.  She’s going to need a lot of rest.”

                  “Is she going to wake up?” Fei asked as her voice shook.

                  “She will,” Changmin squeezed Jessica’s hand, “She’s a strong woman, but I hope that when she wakes up, she won’t lose it after finding out that her baby has a low chance of living.”

________________________

                  “Are you really interrogating my brother and me?  Isn’t it obvious that it was Uee who did everything?” Seunghyun snarled.

                  Chansung narrowed his eyes at the spoiled heir and sat down on a chair across from Seunghyun.  Seunghyun seemed hot tempered that he was in a police headquarters.  He found it absurd that the two brothers had to be questioned to begin with.  It was obvious that he was innocent. 

                  “Seunghyun sshi, Uee admitted that she was the cause to the poisoning of Ahn Yoona, but she also claimed that it was meant for you.  Did you let Yoona sshi take the poison?” Chansung asked.

                  Seunghyun pounded his hand on top of the table.  He was furious that Yoona had done that.  Why would she drink the poison?  She could have easily avoided it by telling Seunghyun that it was poisoned so that they both wouldn’t drink it.

                  “Why would she do that?  Why did she take it in my place?” Seunghyun questioned.

                  Chansung responded, “Uee said that she had an accomplice—Eunjung.  Uee said that Eunjung had all the poisons in her possession, but they were nowhere to be found.  They were in possession of Uee, so we’re guessing that Uee isn’t that reliable.  Uee claimed that Eunjung had told Yoona that if she didn’t drink the poison, Uee would not stop in getting you killed.  We’re really not sure if anything out of Uee’s mouth is true.”

                  Seunghyun felt his body shaking.  He pictured Yoona being threatened; he hated the thought of it. 

                  “It’s all my fault,” Seunghyun finally broke down, “I should have protected her.  It’s my entire fault.  I should have been there for her.  She’s always been there for me.”

                  “I think there has been enough questioning for today,” Chansung gave in, “You may go, Seunghyun sshi.  Go home; it’s been a long day.”

______________________

                  Jessica woke up to see Jiyong next to her.  She tried to sit up, but her whole body felt so weak.  She ran her fingers through her abdomen and felt that it was completely flat.  Her eyes widened to feel that the baby she had been carrying for months was gone.               

                  “Where’s…my baby?” Jessica frantically worried, “Where’s my baby?  I want my daughter!”

                  Jiyong woke up from his nap to see Jessica in such a worry.  Jiyong put his arm around her shoulders and pushed her hair behind her ear.

                  “Jessica, you had to go through an emergency caesarean section.  It’s a good thing that Changmin kept you stabilized until the ambulance came.  You ingested abortion pills, and your baby kind of suffered,” he informed her, “She’s very tiny, but…”

                  “Tell it to me straight,” Jessica bravely requested.

                  He sighed, “The doctors say that there’s a 50/50 chance she’ll live.  She’s too premature.  She was also in distress during the surgery.”

                  Jessica felt the hot tears running down her face.  Her life was just fine one minute, and now, it was upside down. 

                  It was actually a miracle that her baby was still living.  Everyone thought that the baby would be dead once they removed her from Jessica, but the baby managed to make it through.  The doctors thought the little girl wouldn’t be able to handle the drug that Eunjung had sneaked into Jessica’s drink, but she was stronger than expected.

                  “How’s Yoona?” Jessica asked quietly.

                  Jiyong didn’t want to break Jessica’s heart, but he knew that Jessica was going to be persistent in finding out what had happened to her sister.  He his lips nervously and held her hand tightly.  He had visited Yoona for a brief time when Jessica was still sleeping.  Seunghyun was being questioned in the police headquarters, so Yoona was alone in her hospital room.

                  “The doctors are guessing that she’s not going to wake up,” Jiyong told her, “The chances are of her waking up is rather low.  The poison that she had ingested had put her in cardiac arrest when she arrived in the hospital.  Now, she’s in a coma.  She might not wake up.”

________________________

                  Seunghyun stared at the road as he sped up.  He slowly pressed against the gas pedal as he rushed back to the hospital.  He wanted to be by Yoona’s side just in case she woke up.  He knew what the chances were, but what they had together was strong enough for him to be optimistic in even such a dire situation.

                  Chills ran down his spine when he remembered his last moments with Yoona before the poison had taken over her.  He gripped onto the steering wheel and took a deep breath.  He didn’t want that moment to be the last one they had together. 

~~~

Seunghyun’s POV

                  She whispered to me, “We’ll be happy, Tabi.”

                  What was she talking about?  Of course we were going to be happy.  I had my share of sins, but it didn’t make me a bad person.  Good people deserve to be happy, and in most cases, they are happy with their lives.  She looked at me with a form of sincerity in her eyes.  That was when I knew something was wrong.

                  “Is there something that you aren’t telling me?” I panicked in a low tone, “Will you be gone longer than you said?  You will come back, right?”

                  “I don’t know if I’ll ever come back,” Yoona murmured, “There’s not much I can do.”

                  I was bewildered, “What are you talking about?”

                  “I’m getting weaker,” she said in a frail tone, “There’s not much time left, but I want you to know that I love you, Seunghyun.  Remember that you’ve been loved; you are capable of love.  Take good care of yourself, and please move on.  I want you to have a good wife and beautiful children.”

                  I felt my heart pounding in my chest.  I don’t know what she was talking about, but I was afraid.  I couldn’t picture myself with someone else.  I didn’t want to have children unless she was the mother. 

                  I nervously swallowed and then I sharply breathed in.  Did she have some kind of terminal illness?  Was her health deteriorating?  Why was she acting as if she was going to die?  I automatically wrapped my arms around her waist as she lost her balance.  I looked at her to see that her knees were shaking.  Even her fingers were shaking.

                  “What did you do?” I asked in shock.

                  “I gave it all up for you,” she mumbled under her breath.

                  Despite the fact that she fell to the floor, she looked so graceful.  She was my angel, and she had fallen.  I heard loud gasps as they saw Ahn Yoona fall to the floor.  Her eyes were slowly closing as panic filled my heart.  I yelled at someone to call an ambulance.  Within seconds, I saw about five people whip out their phones to call an ambulance. 

                  She was fighting to keep her eyes open as she weakly smiled at me.  Tears began to glaze over my eyes causing my vision to get blurry.  I held her hand, and it felt cold. 

                  “Yoona, please,” I begged, “Please don’t leave me.  I need you.  I can’t…I will not live without you.”

                  Jessica made her way through the crowd and saw the vision of her sister on the floor.  Yoona looked lifeless—her face was getting paler and she was still fighting to keep her eyes open.  Jessica screamed after realizing that her sister might die.  Blood began to trail down her legs as Jiyong stared in shock.

                  “Call another ambulance!” Jiyong pleaded as he helped Jessica to the floor.

                  “Get out,” Changmin pushed him away, “I can help her and the baby.”

                  I looked up to see Uee standing there taking in the sight.  Her eyes were filled with shock to see Yoona and Jessica so helpless on the floor.  It must be good for her to see two powerful women she had been envious of desperately on the floor.  I knew she had something to do with this.  Her face told me that she was guilty.

                  “You!” I roared, “This is all your fault!”

____________________________

                  Yoona surprisingly felt very light when she woke up.  She saw Seunghyun sleeping by her side.  He was sitting on a chair with his head leaning against the side of the bed.  She tilted her head as she tried to remember what had happened last.

                  Visions of her final goodbye to Seunghyun still lingered in her mind.  She shook away her thoughts and sat up.  She tried to poke Seunghyun’s shoulder, but he didn’t move a single inch. 

                  “Tabi,” she called out.

                  He still didn’t budge.  Yoona blew out a puff of air; he had always been a heavy sleeper.  She wasn’t surprised that he was still sleeping.  He must have been very tired from worrying about her.  She decided to let him sleep because he needed the rest.  She stood up from the hospital bed and began to walk.

                  It felt a bit weird to walk, but she knew she was strong enough. The door was already open, so she made her way out.  She wanted to know what happened to Jessica and her baby.  Jessica’s room was the room next door. 

                  She saw Jiyong sitting in a chair with his head in between his knees.  He was waiting outside the room because it seemed as if Jessica was in discussion with someone.  He seemed to be panicked about something.  Yoona tried to gain his attention by coughing, but it didn’t really work.  He continued to mope as if he was in his own little world.  She stepped into the room to see that Changmin and Jessica were talking.  Changmin must have kicked Jiyong out of the room so that he could talk to Jessica privately.

                  “Jessica, please listen to me carefully,” Changmin pleaded.

                  “How can I leave?” Jessica asked, “My sister…she’s not well.  My baby could die.  Besides, my life is here.  My job is here, and my family is here.  You can’t expect me to go to Seattle with you.  That’s all the way in America.  It’s too far.”

                  Changmin held her hand, “Jessica, think about it.  Your family and job may be here, but there is also danger here.  You got shot and someone sneaked abortion pills into your drink.  Your sister was poisoned for goodness sake.  What will it take for you to realize that you don’t belong here?  I can protect you, but please let me.  Move with me, and we’ll make a beautiful family there.  I’ll marry you, and I could help you get a job as a designer there.”

                  Jessica nervously swallowed.  She knew that Changmin was right.  She needed to start all over.  Her life in Seoul had been too hectic, and it was too stressing. 

                  “I don’t know,” Jessica whispered, “I’m afraid.”

                  “It’s okay,” Changmin kissed her hand, “I’m here for you.”

                  Yoona stared in shock.  Was Jessica really considering on leaving her?  They were sisters and best friends.  She was not going to let her sister leave her.  She was fine now.  She had survived the poisoning, Uee was going to be arrested, Yoona was going to talk to Uee about stopping her plans on harming Seunghyun, and Seunghyun would no longer be in danger.

                  “Unnie!” Yoona yelled, “ Don’t leave me!  You can’t go with Changmin!  You belong with Jiyong!”

                  Jessica’s face went blank as her eyes shifted from Changmin to the blank wall.  She tilted her head in confusion as she brushed her fingers through her hair.

                  “What’s wrong?” Changmin asked.

                  “I thought I heard Yoona’s voice,” Jessica mumbled.

                  “It must be your medications,” Changmin guessed, “She’s still in her bed.  She’s in a coma, and her doctors said she only has an 11% chance of waking up.  I guess the poison had reached her heart.”

                  Yoona stood there in shock as she listened to what Changmin had just said. She felt absolutely fine.  She her lips as she tried to gain their attention.  This had to be some kind of prank on her.  Why weren’t they noticing her?

                  “Unnie!” Yoona yelled, “Changmin oppa!  It’s me!  I’m fine, and I woke up!”

                  “I’m going to get you a glass of water,” Changmin told Jessica as she nodded.

                  Changmin stood up and made his way towards the mini fridge on the other side of the room.  Yoona stood in his way, but instead of moving to the side, he walked through her.  Yoona stared in shock at what had just happened.  Was she a ghost?  How did Changmin walk through her?  She stared at her hands and saw that it was translucent.  She could see the floor through her hands. 

                  “Yoong,” a woman called out.

                  Yoona turned around to see her parents.  Her adoptive parents that had passed years ago were smiling at her.

                  “It’s time to go,” the woman said in a sweet tone.

                  “Umma?” Yoona asked, “What are you talking about?”

                  Her father smiled, “Heaven has a place for you.  We came here to pick you up.”

                  “I’m not dead!” Yoona shook her head, “This isn’t real!”

                  Yoona heard a banging on the door as Jiyong opened it.  He looked distressed as he nervously swallowed.

                  “Yoona’s coding in her bed!  She’s flat lining!” Jiyong yelled.

                  “What?” Jessica’s voice broke.

                  Yoona felt the world spinning as she made her way into her room. She saw a nurse trying to keep Seunghyun away as a doctor had two paddles in his hands.  He was shocking her with hopes of restarting her heart.  Yoona heard a loud beeping noise and knew for a fact that her body was flat lining.

                  Tears were escaping from Seunghyun’s eyes as he frustratingly pulled on his hair.

                  “Yoona, please live,” he cried, “Please don’t leave me.”

                  Yoona walked up to the bed to see her own body on the bed.  It was a strange sight to see her own self in the bed.  Many nurses surrounded Yoona’s body as the doctor shocked her.  She was still flat lining.

                  “Nurse, charge it up to 250,” the doctor ordered.

                  He pressed the paddles against her chest, but she was still flat lining.

                  “It’s time to go,” Yoona’s adoptive mother rested her hand on her shoulder.

                  “I’m not supposed to die yet,” Yoona whispered, “It’s not my time. I can’t leave him.  I shouldn’t have done that.  It only hurt him more.  I thought he wasn’t going to be like this.”

                  Her heart broke to see Seunghyun crying helplessly.  He was such a strong man, and it was the first time Yoona had seen his so wretched.  She wanted to be there for him, but she wasn’t in control.

                  Her father spoke, “I’m sorry, Yoona.  It had always been written for this to happen.”

                  “But I love him,” Yoona closed her eyes slowly as tears trickled down her cheek.


Author's Note:  Hey, this is Sunshine94! :)  Jess couldn't help with the update because she had like three midterms to complete, but I only had two this week, and I finished them.  I completed two of my midterms this week, and my other two midterms won't be held until next week, so I took the opportunity to update! :)

Well, I hope that you enjoyed the update.  I tried really hard to squeeze this update in because I feel like I'm going to get even busier in the next few weeks.  Thank you for reading!  We do appreciate you guys! ^^

BTW did you read that TOP and Yoona were both ranked no. 1 as the best visuals by 70 other idols? They both have superior looks! ^^