Still in Love

Love in Disguise

 

                  The news of Jessica’s pregnancy had spread to every major broadcasting system and newspaper.  It was odd because everywhere she went, she was questioned about her relationship with Changmin.  After discussing with her family and Changmin, Changmin agreed to pretend to be the father of Jessica’s baby.  It shocked Jessica to see how willing he was.

                  Jessica was enjoying a slice of wedding cake as Changmin began to chat with another person.  They were both at a wedding for Hyorin and her husband.  Jessica didn’t really know who the groom was, but she remembered that he was the same man that had bought a date with Hyorin when they were being auctioned off as dates.  It was nice to see that someone was having a happy ending.

                  Jessica frowned as she felt the need to use the restroom.  Her bladder was so weak due to her pregnancy. She had to use the toilet again for the third time.  She tapped Changmin on his shoulder as he looked at her.

                  “I need to go to the restroom,” she informed him, “I’ll be right back.”

                  “Sure,” he nodded.

                  Jessica hurried to the restroom as Changmin continued to chat with another man, who seemed to be a doctor like him, about stem cell research.  Jessica pushed the bathroom door open and quickly walked over to the nearest stall.

                  She hated the fact that she had to use the bathroom every 30 minutes.  It irritated her that her bladder was practically controlling her.  When she finished, she emerged from the stall and went to the sink to wash her hands.  She looked up at the mirror to see someone else make her way out the stall.  Jessica grew silent as she saw Dara shyly making her way to the sink next to hers to wash her hands.

                  It was a bit awkward for the both of them.  They were both past lovers of Jiyong, and the only similarity they had was the fact that they both were a part of Jiyong’s past.  Jessica cleared and decided to be the bigger person by saying something first.

                  “Hello, Dara sshi,” Jessica bowed her head, “It’s nice to see you.”

                  Dara finally smiled, “It’s nice to see you, too.  Congratulations on your pregnancy, Jessica sshi.  I wish your pregnancy goes well.”

                  Jessica laughed at that statement.  In the beginning of her pregnancy, she was throwing up a lot.  Her sense of smell had gotten sensitive, and her body always ached. 

                  “Well, this little baby inside is a rebel.  He’s making me throw up, pee every half hour, and eat everything in sight,” Jessica laughed.

                  Sandara giggled, “That’s nothing!  When I got pregnant, I had all of those symptoms, and I gained weight!  It’s a good thing that I still had motivation to lose the weight after that.”

                  Jessica’s smile fell as she heard what Sandara said.  She had gotten pregnant at one point? 

                  “You were pregnant before?” Jessica questioned.

                  Dara nodded, “Yeah, but when I gave birth to that baby girl, doctors told me she was a stillborn.”

_______________________

                  Jessica had so much information that it overwhelmed her.   She was finally at home with Yoona, who was still freaking out that Seunghyun might be the father of Hyeri.  Jessica walked into the living room to see Yoona stuffing with all kinds of junk food.  She had a variety of cookies, cakes, chips, and donuts in front of her. 

                  “You’re still a stress eater?” Jessica asked.

                  Yoona looked at her and sulked at her older sister, “I don’t know what to do.”

                  She swallowed her food and took a deep sigh.

                  “What if Seunghyun is the father?  This is too stressful for me,” Yoona admitted, “What if he knew all along, but he refused to accept Hyeri as his daughter?  Whenever I’d bring up Hyeri when we were together, he’d change the subject.  I really do think that Seunghyun is the father.”

                  Jessica added, “I think Dara is Hyeri’s mother.”

                  Yoona stared at Jessica with wide eyes.  What if her assumption of Dara being Hyeri’s mother was true?  Jessica was already thinking the same thing.  It had to be Dara.

                  “Think about it, Yoong,” Jessica stated, “You told me that you read Seunghyun’s journals from the days of his first love.  It said that he had to fight with someone close to him because of a girl.  That person he fought with had to be Jiyong!  That woman had to be Dara.  It makes perfect sense.”

                  Yoona finished, “And she chose no one in the end.  That’s why the two brothers began to act likes jerks after that.”

                  “Bingo!” Jessica exclaimed, “Dara said that the doctors told her that her baby was a stillborn, so I’m guessing that there’s a third party that took away her baby and pretended that the baby was a stillborn.”

                  Yoona and Jessica continued on with their theory of how Jiyong and Seunghyun’s past went on.  That night, they spoke about their predictions.  They both failed to realize that despite their claims that Jiyong and Seunghyun were now a part of the past, they still spoke about them as if they were still important to their hearts.

_______________________

                  Seunghyun grew nervous as he adjusted the tie around his neck.  He had tried to call and text Yoona, but she failed to reply to all of his attempts to contact her.  He did the most embarrassing thing he could think of to contact her.  He had set up an appointment with her through her secretary just to speak to her.

                  He looked at his watch and saw that it was already 8 pm.  It was time for her to come to his house so that they could go on with this meeting that he supposedly wanted to have.  He took a seat in his chair as he looked around his home office.  He still remembered being a child and playing in that office.  It used to be his father’s office, but his father moved to another room so that Seunghyun could get the better office as the new president.

                  Honestly, he had not planned what he wanted to say to her.  He knew for a fact that she was going to be angry with him because he didn’t believe her.  He had told himself that he would do anything just to get her approval again.  He needed her forgiveness for his foolish actions.

~~~~

                  Yoona was pissed off that Seunghyun had called her secretary for an appointment.  She was supposed to be at home relaxing, but now she had to go to his home for what he claimed to be was an urgent meeting.  Yoona straightened out her blouse as she got out of her car and locked it with its remote.  What made it worse was that she had to see his family again.  She had to see the family that was almost hers.

                  She rang the doorbell, and Eugene immediately answered it.  Eugene looked the same; she still had long hair, flawless skin, and a good figure.  The only difference was that she seemed more stressed.  Yoona didn’t blame her because she knew why she was so stressed out.  She had been talking to many reporters and all they ever asked her about was her two sons and their personal lives.

                  “Yoona, dear,” she smiled, “You don’t know how great it is to see you.”

                  She hugged Yoona tightly as Yoona exhaled.  She had to admit that she missed Eugene greatly.  She was kind of like a mother figure when there wasn’t a mother figure for her.  Yoona smiled at Eugene and hugged her back.

                  “It’s great to see you, too, Eugene sshi,” Yoona smiled.

                  Eugene frowned as she got a good look at Yoona.  She seemed so different now; she was still as beautiful as ever, but there was a change about her that Eugene didn’t like much. 

                  Because she heard Yoona’s voice from upstairs, Janey made her way down the stairs.

                  “Unnie!” Janey shrieked at the top of her lungs.

                  Yoona grinned to see Janey so enthusiastic.  Janey leaped into Yoona’s arms as Yoona gave her a warm embrace.  She missed Janey even more!  It had been too long since they had last spoken.

                  Yoona asked, “How are you?”

                  “Miserable!” she admitted, “Ever since you left, no one fixes my hair before school.  Seunghyun oppa and Jiyong oppa tried to fix my hair and they .  Seunghyun oppa’s pigtail braids looked like a big tangle, and Jiyong oppa tried curling my hair and burned my ear instead.  I miss you and Jessica unnie.”

                  Yoona promised, “We’ll try to visit you when we’re not busy.”

                  After greeting everyone else, Yoona made her way upstairs.  Eugene had informed her that Seunghyun had changed his office into another room because he was now the president of the company.  Yoona thanked her for the information and made her way up to meet with Seunghyun.

__________________________

                  It just killed him to see Jessica and Changmin together.  Jiyong stared at them from two tables away when he was supposed to be focused on the charity event instead.  He couldn’t focus on anything else.  All that was in his mind was the fact that she was going to have a child with another man.  She was going to get married and be happy without him.

                  Jessica sipped on her glass of water as she glared at everyone else around her that was drinking the finest champagne.  Being pregnant did have its ups and downs.  Abstaining from alcohol for nine months was going to be difficult, but it was doable.

                  Back in Jiyong’s table, he continued to ignore his date.  Eunjung had threatened to do something to Jessica again if she wasn’t his date to the charity event.  To Jiyong, it was getting old.  All she did was threaten Jiyong that she was going to harm Jessica, and Jiyong was getting fed up with it.

                  “Oppa, are you listening to me?” Eunjung asked in irritation.

                  “Doesn’t Jessica just look lovely?” Jiyong asked in a low tone, “Some people say that pregnant women are supposed to look swollen or something, but she’s just beautiful.”

                  Eunjung glared at Jessica and then looked back at Jiyong.  He wasn’t even trying to hide the fact that he was admiring her.  Eunjung’s jealousy was building up inside of her and she couldn’t control it.  She loved Jiyong, but she could not stand seeing him loving another woman.  She would just not stand for it.

                  “I’m going to get some air before I get a gun and blow it to your head along with hers,” Eunjung spat.

                  Eunjung sat up and made her way out of the room and into a balcony with a glass of champagne in her hand.  She quickly looked inside her purse for a cigarette after she set her glass on top of the railing.  She slipped the cigarette in between her fingers and lit it with her lighter.  She inhaled the smoke and exhaled it slowly.  Jiyong was beginning to piss her off.  Her plans weren’t going accordingly.  She thought Jiyong would give up on Jessica, but he was still in love with her. 

                  “I’m sorry,” a voice said, “I didn’t realize someone was here.”

                  Eunjung turned around to see Jessica.  She had an innocent smile on her face.  She was about to turn around to leave, but Eunjung had something else in mind.

                  “Uh, you can stay,” Eunjung stated as she looked at her pregnant belly, “I should put this out if you’re going to be near me.”

                  Eunjung threw the cigarette to the floor and stepped on it.  Jessica slowly walked up to her and took a deep breath.

                  “It just gets a bit tiring there,” Jessica admitted, “I felt like vomiting, and fresh air always helps me.  Forgive me, but I’m not actually acquainted with you.  What’s your name?”

                  “My name is Eunjung,” she grinned, “You’re Ahn Jessica.  I’m not a stalker.  I know because you’re pretty famous along with your sister in this city.”

                  Jessica’s smile faded immediately.  She was the woman that Jiyong was talking about.  She was the woman that was now with Jiyong.  Jessica saw them sitting next to each other, but it didn’t come across her mind that she was Eunjung.  Jessica thought that Jiyong would at least pay some attention to whoever his new girlfriend was, but he didn’t during the dinner.

                  “Wow, this is awkward,” Jessica stated.

                  Eunjung nodded, “You tell me.  I’m Jiyong’s new girl, and you’re the one he threw away like an old newspaper.”

                  Jessica pretended as if she didn’t hear those hurtful words and cleared .  She was not going to hold a grudge against Jiyong’s new girl.  If she did, it would show that she still cared about him.  She was not going to give him that benefit.

                  “Well, I wish you the best in your relationship with him,” Jessica swallowed up her pride.

                  Eunjung was taking a sip of her champagne when Jessica said those words.  She was surprised with what Jessica had said. 

                  “Thank you,” Eunjung stated with a sneer.

                  Jessica was about to leave, but Eunjung stretched her arms out as if she was expecting a hug from her.  Jessica found it awkward but didn’t want to leave her hanging.  She gave her a hug.

                  “Thank you for the wishes, dear,” Eunjung smiled, “I’ll make him a very happy man.”

                  Before Jessica could say another word, she felt a sharp pain on her foot.  Jessica stepped away from Eunjung to see that she had dropped the glass of champagne and it had landed on Jessica’s foot.  There was blood all over her foot, and she was confused.

                  “Oh my,” Eunjung gasped, “I’m very sorry.  I swear it was an accident.  It just slipped out of my fingers.”

                  Jessica continued to stare at her foot to see that shards of glass had pierced her skin.  She was afraid and lost.  Jessica sat on the floor as she tried to figure how it happened. 

                  Eunjung joined her on the floor as she kneeled in front of her.  Jessica looked at her to see a look in her face.  That look was indescribable at first, but Jessica found it to be terrifying soon after she realized that Eunjung was up to no good.

                  Jiyong, who was looking for Jessica and Eunjung after realizing that they were both gone, saw them out in the balcony.  He saw the situation, and his heart began to race quickly.  Jessica’s foot was bleeding and Eunjung was kneeling in front of her with that expression on her face.  What the hell was wrong with her?  Eunjung wasn’t calling for help.  She was just watching the blood coming out from Jessica’s wound.

                  “What the hell is wrong with you, Eunjung?” Jiyong yelled as he ran towards Jessica.

                  Jessica’s hands were shaking with fear as she refused to make eye contact with Jiyong.  Jiyong took a handkerchief and began to apply pressure against her open wound.  He guessed that she was going to need staples or stitches for her foot.

                  “I need help!” he shouted with hopes that someone heard.

                  Right in front of Jessica’s eyes, she saw Eunjung take a broken piece of glass and cut her own palm.  Jessica’s eyes grew wide after seeing Eunjung doing that to herself.  What the hell was wrong with her?  She had to be insane.

                  “Oppa, I hurt my hand,” she showed Jiyong.

                  Jiyong ignored her and continued to tend to Jessica’s wound instead.  Eunjung’s eyebrows furrowed in together to show her frustration and rage for Jiyong’s attentiveness to Jessica.

                  Within a minute, Changmin found them after searching for Jessica for quite some time.  He saw that she was bleeding and immediately called an ambulance.  He went to Jessica’s side and tried to help her.

                  “Jiyong, you can go now,” Changmin said.

                  “No, I’m not leaving her,” Jiyong shook his head.

                  Changmin stared at him as Jiyong looked determined to keep more blood from coming out.

                  “If you don’t leave now, I can’t check the wound.  I am a doctor.  There’s a chance that she might have cut a vein in her foot.  She’s going to need medical attention,” Changmin affirmed, “You need to go now.”
                  Jiyong repeated, “No!”

                  “Listen, you are no longer a part of her life!” Changmin lost his cool, “I am her doctor, I am her fiancé, and I am the father of her baby.  You are no longer involved, so step aside!”

__________________________

                  Yoona entered the office after knocking twice.  She saw Seunghyun and immediately knew that he was nervous about something.  His eyes would dart from side to side whenever he was nervous.  Yoona nervously swallowed and took a seat across from him.  She immediately looked away after seeing him staring at her.  She didn’t like it when he stared at her for too long.

                  “Why did you call me here?” Yoona asked, “I’m very busy.  I still had files to sign off on, and I have to go into the office at 6 am tomorrow.”
                  Seunghyun didn’t utter a single word.  He took out a small box from his pocket and pushed it towards her.  Yoona’s eyes narrowed at the little box.  What was he up to?

                  “A few months ago, I was going to take that ring inside of the box and ask you to become my wife,” Seunghyun announced, “I was so sure of that decision.  I wanted to marry you, have children with you, build you the home of your dreams, and grow old with you.”

                  Yoona interrupted, “What the hell is this about?  We’re supposed to be discussing business.”

                  “Shut up and listen,” he ordered as Yoona fell silent.

                  Seunghyun cleared his throat and took off his tie and threw it to the side.

                  “Before I met you, I never thought about marriage.  I wanted to be a bachelor for the rest of my life, but after I met you, it all changed,” he revealed.

                  Yoona shook her head, “If you’re not going to talk about business, I’m leaving.  I’m a very busy person, and I don’t have time for your shenanigans.”

                  “Yoona, I still love you,” he finally said.

                  Yoona was frozen in her place.  How the hell was she supposed to react to that?  They were over a long time ago, and she wanted to move on with her life.  She couldn’t do it if he was going to try to lure her back in.  Life with him was just too messy.  There was never stability.  For one moment, she’d be with the caring and sweet Seunghyun, but with a blink of an eye, he’d change to jealous and possessive.

                  “You truly do not know what you’re saying,” Yoona scoffed, “Are you drunk?  You know what?  I don’t have time for this.  I really am leaving.”

                  Before she could make it out the door, Seunghyun had blocked her way his body.

                  “I’m not letting you leave until you hear everything that I have to say,” he said.

                  “No!” Yoona exclaimed, “This is just…stupid!  We are no longer children, Seunghyun.  We are adults, so why won’t you grow up?”
                  Seunghyun burst, “Look, I’m sorry okay?  I’m sorry for calling you all those names!  I’m sorry for hurting you and making you feel like .  I’m wrong and—”

                  Yoona ended up laughing at where he was going with his statement.  Was he apologizing?  Yoona covered with her hand, as her laughter grew louder.  He was confused as he watched her with a puzzled expression on his face.

                  “I’m sorry, but this is just…priceless!” Yoona shouted, “The great Choi Seunghyun apologizing to the woman he thought was corrupt, cheap, and adulterous?  It’s just too perfect and a bit ironic.”

                  Seunghyun looked down at the floor after he heard those words.  If he could, he would take back all those words.  He was wrong, and he hated himself for hurting her.  He felt guilty because she had changed because of what he had done to her.

                  “I’m sorry,” he said in a low tone, “I’m truly sorry.”

                  Yoona breathed out, “Let me guess.  You finally found out that I didn’t cheat on you, and you want me to take you back with open arms?”

                  He was speechless as he tried to process what to say to her.  It sounded bad, but that was exactly what he was expecting from her.  He just wanted to be with her again; he wanted to put it to rest and move on with her by his side.

                  “Well, guess what?” her voice broke, “I will not let you break me again.”

                  Just by hearing that tone in her voice, he knew how much damage he had done to her.  She was so innocent and sweet.  Now, he didn’t know if she would ever change back to who she used to be.  Tears began to form against the rims of her eyes as she stared at him.

                  “You may have taught me how to love, but you also taught me how to hate,” Yoona cried, “I may have loved you, but I will never let myself be pushed around like the way you bullied me.  I’ve said it when we broke up, and I’m not afraid to say it again.  I will not forgive you.  You are a stranger to me.”

 


 

Author's Notes

Sunshine94:  Thank you for reading our latest update!  We're working really hard to make time to write, so hopefully, we'll be able to update every few days.

jessicajessica:  I really do hope that everything's clear to everyone.  Cos the whole storyline with Hyeri is about to get more complicated.

~~~~~~

Btw, Sunshine94 needs help on casting for her new story (that will not be posted until some time after this story is finished)

If you have free time, please vote! ^__^