Epilogue

Love in Disguise

 

                  Jessica waved at her daughter as Jiyong stayed silent.  Choi Jiyong was as still as a statue as he saw his wife hand their daughter over to the teacher.  It was the first time that they were going to leave her at a daycare.  Jessica decided that it was time for her to return to work, so they both agreed to sign her up in a daycare while they were at work. 

                  Jiyong told himself over and over that it was only 8 hours.  It was only 8 hours of being apart from his daughter, but it seemed like a long time.  Jessica assured him that she was absolutely safe.  Julianne was going to be in the hands of a wonderful sitter; the daycare worker had 30 years of experience, and she had positive reviews. 

                  “Do you think she’s going to be fine?” Jiyong asked.

                  Jessica took a quick look at her husband, and she hid her amusement.  One of the richest men in Korea was at the verge of tears because of a 1-year old girl.  He was hiding his eyes with a pair of dark shades as he looked forward.

                  “Babe, are you going to be fine?” Jessica giggled, “It looks like you’re going to cry a river.”

                  Jiyong then turned to his wife as he gave her a playful glare.  Jessica nudged him as a beautiful smile appeared on her face.  She loved how protective her husband was to her daughter. 

                  “I know you’d give up anything for our little angel,” Jessica whispered.

                  “I already loved her before I knew she was mine,” Jiyong finally admitted.

                  Jessica stared in surprise.  He had never told her that.  He slipped his hand into hers and gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

                  Jessica asked, “What do you mean?”

                  “I loved her even though I thought she wasn’t mine,” Jiyong choked.

                  He could not imagine a world where Jessica wasn’t his wife and Julianne wasn’t his daughter.  He loved his life, and he couldn’t imagine Changmin living the life that he absolutely loved.  He would rather bleed himself dry than give up the two most important people in his life.

                  “Why?” Jessica questioned.

                  “Because she was a part of you,” he simply explained.

                  It felt like yesterday when Jessica delivered to him the best news that he had ever received.

 

~~~~~~~~~

                  “They say that Yoona is improving,” Jiyong informed Jessica.

                  Jessica had been discharged from the hospital, but she was often there for her sister and daughter.  Jessica was watching her daughter from the incubator as Jiyong walked in with his hands in his pockets.  With a small smile on his face, he watched Jessica sitting near the incubator with her right hand over the warm glass. 

                  “I know,” Jessica grinned, “Her heart rate is increasing, and her chances of waking up are getting even higher.  The doctors say that it’s a miracle already.  I just hope it’s enough for her to wake up before the day…”

                  Jiyong stood near the incubator and looked at Jessica’s baby.  The little baby was still unnamed, and Jiyong was wondering why Jessica was so careful on choosing a name.  The baby inside the incubator was pretty tiny, but Jiyong knew that with Jessica’s genes, she would grow to become a beautiful woman in the future.

                  “Are you still leaving Korea?” Jessica bit her lip.

                  Jiyong looked at her and took a step back.  It was as if she had finally cared again.  The bitterness in her eyes was gone and all the hatred had melted away.  She was finally the same woman he had fallen for again.  He found it difficult to leave her even more now.

                  “Yeah,” Jiyong nodded, “I just need to figure out where to go.  I’m narrowing it down to either France or Great Britain.”

                  “Two beautiful countries,” Jessica commented with a weak smile.

                  Jessica stood up from her seat and approached Jiyong.  She surprised him by squeezing onto his hand.  Her eyes were locked with his, and he knew at that moment that she didn’t want him to go anywhere away from him.

                  “I can stay if you want,” Jiyong mumbled.

                  A wave of relief washed over Jessica. 

                  She remarked, “It’s good to know that I still have that effect on you.  By the way, Jiyong, I already decided on a name for my daughter.”

                  “What is it?” he questioned.

                  “Julianne,” Jessica muttered.

                  Jiyong raised an eyebrow as an amused grin appeared on Jessica’s lips.  Jiyong tried to speak, but nothing came out of his mouth.  He was completely flustered with Jessica.  She was sending him mixed signals.

                  “That was the name I wanted to name my first daughter,” he stated, “I told you this when we were still dating.”

                  Jessica added, “Yeah, you told me that when we were still dating.  You said that you wanted a more western name for your first daughter.  You also said that you wanted her name to start with a J because yours does, too.”

                  “Well, you can’t copy my future daughter’s name!” Jiyong playfully retorted.             

                  “I’m not,” she stuck her tongue out, “You’re lucky that my name starts with a J, too.  If my name didn’t start with a J, I would have changed our daughter’s name to something else.”

                  Jessica expected a reaction from him, but he just froze there.  She snapped her fingers in front of his face, but he didn’t even blink.  He was like some sort of a statue. 

                  “Ji!” Jessica yelled.

                  She rolled her eyes at him.  He still had not moved a single inch.  When he did move, it was his eyes.  His eyes darted from the wall to the incubator.  Jessica put her hands on his shoulders and shook him hard.

                  “Yah!” Jessica screamed.

                  He finally snapped out of it, “I knew she was mine!  I just knew it!”

                  Jessica began to giggle at how excited Jiyong was.  She knew that she should have told him the truth a long time ago, but she was just afraid and confused with her feelings.  Now she knew that he was the one for her.  No matter how hard she tried to stop loving him, nothing worked.  She finally gave into her heart.

                  “I love you, Jessica,” he whispered in her ear, “I love you so much.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Jessica tiptoed and gave her husband a kiss on the cheek.  She loved him, and he loved her.  Nothing could ever get in between them again.  Eunjung was locked away, and life was good for them.  Jiyong was about to lean in for a kiss on the lips until his phone began to vibrate in his coat pocket.  He grunted as he fished it out and pressed it against his ear.

                  “What, hyung?” he rolled his eyes, “You’re kind of ruining a moment.”

________________________

                  Yoona had to take a maternity leave from the company because of how big she had gotten.  It also didn’t help that her husband was the president; he forced her to take a maternity leave on her 6th month.  As the company’s new vice-president, she was pretty good at her job.  Both family companies were merged, and there was no stopping them.  Yoona rested on her back as the warm water began to surround her.  She decided to take a relaxing bubble bath after discovering something.  Her water had broke when she was in the kitchen, but it wasn’t like one of those movies where the baby was delivered minutes later.  She knew that it was going to take a few hours of labor after her water broke. 

                  The millions of bubbles surrounded her body, but her swollen belly surfaced from the water.  She took a deep breath as a maid entered the bathroom and handed her a phone.  Yoona gave a gentle smile as the maid began to get her bag ready for the hospital.

                  She memorized Seunghyun’s number.  She dialed his number quickly and then pressed it against her ear.  After about two dial tones, he picked up.

                  “Yoona, what’s up?” he asked in an impatient tone, “I’m kind of in a meeting right now.”

                  Yoona fought the urge to go to his office and beat him to a pulp.  If only knew that she was in labor, he would take back those words.  A meeting would sound so insignificant compared to what was happening to Yoona.

                  The contractions began to start as Yoona winced in pain.  She clutched onto the phone as she took another deep breath.

                  “Seunghyun ah,” she breathed, “I want you to be completely calm.  I have something to tell you.”

                  He sounded irritated, “What is it?  I want to end this meeting as soon as possible.  I just want to go home.”

                  Yoona rolled her eyes at his tone.  He was so bitter when he was working.  Even she didn’t want to approach him during his office hours.  It was hard to believe that he was already nice to her compared to how he treated others.

                  “My water just broke,” Yoona muttered, “The maids are preparing my bag.  If the meeting is important, you can finish it, but I’m going to the hospital soon.”

                  She didn’t hear a single word from him after that.  At first, she thought that he had hung up on her, which seemed to anger her even more.

                  “Choi Seunghyun, if you just hung up on me, I’m going to divorce you!” Yoona vowed.

                  She knew that she would never do that, but it was fun threatening him.  He took everything so seriously.  Yoona was about to hang up until she heard his distant voice.

                  “Everyone get the hell out of here!  I’m leaving!  This meeting is off.  My wife is in labor!  I’m finally going to meet my child!”

                  A smile crept on her face.  He must have dropped the phone, and now he was yelling at his employees to leave.  He then picked the phone up from the floor and began to talk to Yoona.

                  “I’m so sorry for my bitter mood, honey,” he said in a softer voice, “I’m leaving already, so wait for me at home.  I love you so much, Yoona.”

                  “I love you, too, Tabi,” Yoona grinned as she hung up.

                  She found herself giggling because of how she could change his tone and mood in an instant.  She then stopped laughing as a more powerful contraction washed over her body.  She grabbed a towel and wrapped herself.

                  “Ahjumma!” Yoona groaned, “Where are my clothes?  I need to go now.  I’m leaving as soon as Seunghyun gets here.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Seunghyun began to pace himself up and down the hospital room as Yoona looked over a magazine.  She silently held in her pain as she felt another contraction coming onto her body.  Whenever she showed a sign of discomfort, Seunghyun seemed queasy and uncomfortable.  It was as if he was having a harder time than her.

                  He remembered that the last time she was in a hospital room, she was fighting for her life.  Every single memory was so clear to him

~~~

                  “I don’t know if you can hear me,” Seunghyun whispered, “but you have to wake up.  I love you, Yoona.  I cannot live without you.  I’m sorry for being so stupid.  I promise to be better.  Just wake up, please.”

                  The doctor stood by the couple as the nurses waited patiently.  It was the day.  It was the day they had agreed to pull the plug on her.  She had been on life support for too long, and it was sickening for both Kangta and Kahi to leave her on life support if she was going to suffer so much. 

                  Seunghyun squeezed her hand as the doctor cleared his throat.  Jessica and Jiyong stood in the corner of the room with tears filling their eyes.  Was Jessica ready to say goodbye to her sister?  Jessica forgave Jiyong and told him the truth.  That’s what Yoona wanted, and she wanted Yoona to be alive to see that Jessica had followed Yoona’s advice.

                  “It’s time, Mr. Choi.  Please say your last goodbye to her,” the doctor swallowed. 

                  At that moment, Kahi, Hyuna, Kangta, Kai, and Jessica broke into tears.  Jessica buried her face into Jiyong’s chest as he patted her back in support.  Seunghyun kissed her hand over and over again before he breathed in.

                  He didn’t want to let her go, but if she was suffering, he wanted to end it.  Maybe he’d see her again in heaven. 

                  “I’m ready, doctor,” Seunghyun choked.

                  The doctor nodded at the nurse who went to turn off the machines.  Tears began to run down his face as he tried to be brave.  Yoona would want him to be brave in this situation.  He leaned down as his quivering lips gently brushed against her lips.

                  “T-Tabi,” a quiet voice called out slowly, “You’re gross…you’d kiss me if I was dead?”

                  Seunghyun blinked and saw that Yoona was trying hard to open her eyes.  She was alive!  Even the doctor and nurses were gasping out in surprise and shock. 

                  “T-This has to be some kind of miracle!” a nurse yelled.

                  The doctor spluttered, “From my 30 years as a doctor, I had never seen something like this!”

                  At that moment, Seunghyun knew that his life had just turned around.  He was given another chance.  He hugged her as she weakly smiled.  Yoona felt her wet tears staining her cheeks after realizing that the love of her life was crying tears of joy for the first time.

~~~

 

                  “I just called Jiyong,” Seunghyun reported as he snapped back into reality, “He’s on his way here with Jessica.  They just dropped off Julianne at her daycare.”

                  “Great,” Yoona swallowed.

~~~~~~~~~~

                  Jessica and Jiyong rushed into the hospital room, but it was empty.  Yoona had already been transferred into another room so that she could deliver the baby.  Jessica pouted out her lips; she knew that she wouldn’t be allowed in the room with Yoona while she was pushing, but she wanted to at least be there for Yoona before she went into the room.

                  A nurse led the married couple to the outside of the room of where Yoona was giving birth.  Jiyong stayed away from the window to avoid any sights that he would hate to see.  Jessica tiptoed and began to peek through the small glass door window.

                  “Ji, the baby is coming out!” Jessica cheered.

                  Jessica narrowed her eyes as she saw Seunghyun pumping his fists in the air as if he had just finished first at a marathon.  Yoona was breathing heavily as her eyes stayed glued on the new baby that she had just delivered into the world.

                  Within half an hour, they let Jiyong and Jessica into the room to greet the new bundle of joy.  Jessica hurriedly walked over to Yoona who had the baby on her chest.  Yoona lightly ran her fingers up and down the new baby’s back as she began to gently hum a sweet tone. 

                  “Wow, she’s a girl,” Jiyong commented, “At least Julianne will have a playmate when they both get older.”

                  Seunghyun nodded, “Yeah, they’re only a year apart anyways.”

                  “What’s her name?” Jessica asked Yoona.

                  “Suna,” Yoona mumbled.

                  Yoona and Seunghyun’s daughter began to breathe silently as Yoona stared down at her daughter in amazement.  She couldn’t believe that she was finally there.  Carrying her for nine months was a pain, but it was all worth it.

                  “She has Yoona’s eyes,” Jiyong grinned happily, “Yoona, you made a beautiful daughter!”

                  Seunghyun bragged, “And I helped!”

                  Jiyong and Jessica burst into laughter as Yoona shot a dirty glare at him.

______________________________

Five years later…

                  “I seriously don’t understand why the women always complain about this,” Seunghyun stated, “Taking care of Suna and Julianne is not difficult at all.  Our wives are just exaggerating about everything because…they’re exaggerators.”

                  Jiyong agreed, “You’re right, bro.  Jessica and Yoona just complain too much.  Julianne and Suna are not a hassle at all.  They’re angels!”

                  The two proud fathers watched their daughters chasing each other on a playground.  The autumn air sent a gentle breeze through their hair as they cautiously watched their daughters giggling and running.  Yoona and Jessica, who were both very pregnant (again), were walking laps around the park for exercise. 

                  Within a few minutes, Julianne and Suna ran up to their fathers.

                  “Daddy!” a little girl cried out, “I want to go on the swings!  Suna wants to go, too!”

                  Jiyong looked down at his daughter who was tugging on his sleeve.  Jiyong’s lips curved to form a smile as he carried his daughter up into his arms.  Seunghyun also took Suna into his arms and gave her a gentle embrace.

                  “Does my baby want to go to the swings, too?” Seunghyun asked in a soft tone.

                  Suna shyly nodded before she kissed her father’s cheek.  Jiyong and Seunghyun began to chuckle as they walked towards the swing set.

                  “Did you know that Uee is getting released from prison today?” Jiyong asked.

                  “Ugh, don’t remind me,” Seunghyun rolled his eyes, “Instead, remind me to file a restraining order on her from my family and me.”

                  Jiyong cleared his throat, “And Eunjung’s sentence changed to 25 years.”

                  Seunghyun’s eyes grew wide as Jiyong continued to walk to the swings with his daughter in his arms.  Julianne and Suna were in their own little word and didn’t understand what their fathers were speaking about.

                  “I thought it was only 10 years for her,” Seunghyun spoke.

                  “I heard she was getting into too many fights with other inmates; she even attacked a prison guard,” Jiyong revealed, “I’m kind of hoping that she acts up more so that she could get a lifetime sentence.”

                  It was difficult for Jiyong to talk about Eunjung.  He knew that it sounded awful that he wanted her to stay in prison for the rest of her life, but he couldn’t get over the fact that she almost ruined his whole family.  She was the reason why he separated from Jessica.  She was also the reason why all odds were against Julianne when she was born.  Jiyong didn’t even want to imagine a world where his daughter didn’t exist.  It would be too horrifying.

                  When the fathers and daughters reached the swing set, they frowned to see that two six-year-old boys were on the swings.  Their mothers, who were identical twins, were pushing them on the swings.  Jiyong swallowed nervously as Julianne pouted at her father. 

                  “I really wanted to go,” Suna whispered into her father’s ear.

                  Being the daddy’s girl that Suna was, Seunghyun reacted quickly.  He quickly walked up to the two boys and gave them a stern look.  The two mothers stared at Choi Seunghyun in shock as Seunghyun held his ground.

                  “These boys have been on the swings since we got here.  You have to leave now,” Seunghyun ordered.

                  Jiyong wanted to smack Seunghyun in the head; Seunghyun was a boss at his workplace, but he failed to recognize that he wasn’t the boss in public places.  One of the mothers stepped up to the plate and stood before Seunghyun.

                  “Who the hell do you think you are?” she cried out, “You can’t order my son around like that!”

                  Seunghyun scoffed, “Do you know who I am?  I am the owner to a whole chain of—”

                  “What my brother means is that our daughters would like to go on the swings, and it would be very kind if you allowed them,” Jiyong cut in.

                  The woman glared at Seunghyun and then smirked, “Ha, you’re kind of interesting.  Since both of your daughters are cute, we’ll let them on the swings.  Come on, Jae.  Let’s go on the slide.”

_____________________

                  “Yoona, why do we have to do this?  This is stupid!” Jessica complained, “When I was pregnant with Julianne, I never exercised, and I was just fine.”

                  Yoona rolled her eyes, “Unnie, exercise benefits both the baby and mother.  Just please bear it.  It’s for the benefit of your son.”

                  Yoona finally stopped power walking and looked at her husband and daughter.  Seunghyun was pushing Suna on the swings as Suna began to giggle loudly.  Jessica also enjoyed the view of her husband and daughter together.  Like Suna, Julianne was laughing loudly.  Jessica and Yoona both ran their fingers through their swollen bellies and gave a faint smile.

                  “Life is good,” Jessica grinned.

                  The two pregnant women made their way towards the swing set to enjoy the moment with their families.  When they got there, their smiles were replaced with frowns.

                  They just witnessed two women giving their numbers to their husbands.  The two women that Seunghyun and Jiyong had met when they tried to get the swings for their daughters returned with folded papers in their hands.  With all the hormones due to the pregnancies, Jessica and Yoona felt like they were going to erupt.

                  “Choi Jiyong!” Jessica growled.

                  Yoona snarled, “Choi Seunghyun, you are so dead!”

                  Seunghyun and Jiyong, who had the folded papers in their hands because the two women stuffed into their palms, hid the folded papers behind their back.  Yoona shot a glare at the woman who had given her number to her husband before she reached up and tugged on Seunghyun’s ear.  Seunghyun leaned down and began to wince in pain.

                  “Honey, I swear I don’t know her!” he cried out, “She was coming onto me!  I don’t even like her!  She’s old!”

                  The woman gasped as she rested her hand over her chest.

                  Yoona bit her lip, “You really want to die, huh?  Is that what you’re going to tell me when I get old?  Get your in the car.  You’re never going to see daylight again!”

                  “Same thing goes for you, Choi Jiyong!” Jessica yelled, “You.  Will.  Regret.  This.  All!”

                  She was slapping his arm between each word.  He turned red as all attention was given to them.  The two husbands obliged to their wives and began to walk towards the car.  With their daughters by their side, Yoona and Jessica began to follow their husbands as they continued to nag at them.

~~~~

                  Hyeri and Geun Suk were giggling with each other as they watched the whole scene unfold before them from afar.  Who would have ever known that two women—who in the past were labeled to be ordinary and simple—were the weaknesses to the two most powerful men in the country?

                  “Auntie Yoona and Auntie Jessica are funny.  They can control Uncle Seunghyun and Uncle Jiyong like nothing,” Hyeri laughed, “My uncles are whipped.”

                  Hyeri began to look a lot like her mother as she grew up.  She was five years older, and she was blossoming under the love of her father.  Geun Suk kissed his daughter’s forehead and gave a content smile.

                  “Yeah, they are, but they’re in love,” Geun Suk explained.

 


 

Authors' Notes:  Thank you so much for reading the very end!  ^^  It's very special to the both of us.  We hope that you liked the epilogue. :)

 

BTW, for those who haven't heard yet, Sunshine94 is going to post a new story soon, but she's stuck between two ideas.  If you'd like to vote for which one she should write about next, please CLICK HERE to see the trailers and rough summaries of the two stories she would like to write about.  Thank you! :)