True Happiness

Love in Disguise

Warning:  This is a VERY long chapter.

(Please pay attention to the time shifts)

One Year Later…

                  The inspiring journalist was very excited about the opportunity that had been given to her.  Bae Suzy was still in college for investigative journalism, but she managed to get an interview with Kim Uee.  Suzy looked at herself in the mirror as she combed her bangs with her fingers.  An officer opened the door to the waiting room and looked at the anxious woman.

                  “Ms. Bae,” he called out, “The inmate is ready for the interview.”

                  “Great,” Suzy grinned.

                  Everyone was jealous that she had been chosen to be the interviewer.  When she finished the interview, she needed to write an article, and it was going to be published nationally.  She just knew that this was going to be an advantage for her in her career.

                  Suzy stepped into the room to see that there was a table and two chairs.  There was a mirror, and she already knew that someone was watching from the other side.  Uee was sitting on one of the chairs with handcuffs around her wrists.  She was wearing an orange jumpsuit.  Her hair was in a messy ponytail, and she had a bare face.  Suzy bowed to Uee as Uee bowed her head back.  Suzy took a seat across from her and pulled out an audio recorder.  She set it on top of the table and pressed the record button.

                  “Hello, Ms. Kim,” Suzy greeted, “My name is Bae Suzy, and I will be conducting the interview this evening.  I would like to thank you for agreeing to this interview.  It’s an honor.”

                  Uee weakly smiled.  Of course it had to be an honor.  No one had interviewed her since her court case.  She had not denied anything because of how guilty she felt.

                  “I will now start the interview,” Suzy stated, “Ms. Kim, what is your relationship with Choi Seunghyun, and how did it start?”

                  Uee pressed her lips together as she thought to the first time she met him.

                  “I met him in college.  I pursued him because I thought he was…dreamy.  I knew that I was using him for popularity, but I put that in the back of my mind.  I didn’t even realize that I fell in love with him.  I went on dates with him, and I think he got tired of me, so he broke up with me.  I swore I was going crazy.”

                  Suzy continued, “Did it occur to you that he would fall in love with Ahn Yoona?”

                  “No, I thought she was…a nobody,” Uee admitted.

                  “Is that why you went crazy and poisoned Yoona?  Did you do it because you lost the man you loved to someone you described as a ‘nobody’?”

                  Uee nervously swallowed as her fist balled up. 

                  She shook her head, “No.  I did it because I loved him.”

                  Suzy shifted in her seat as she began to jot down a few notes.  She then read over the interview questions that she had prepared earlier.  She cleared .

                  “What can you tell me about Eunjung?  How was she like?” Suzy asked.

                  Uee thought back to the last time she had seen Eunjung.  She had been sentenced 35 years in prison.  Uee was only sentenced 7 years because Seunghyun had forgiven her and she had admitted to all the crimes she had committed.  She knew that he was forced to forgive her because he was only doing what Yoona would have done.

                  “Eunjung…she was odd,” Uee admitted, “I thought I was obsessed with Seunghyun, but her obsession with Jiyong was frightening.  She had his pictures everywhere. She skipped all her classes to follow him around.  I know that I should have never worked with her, and I do regret it.  I was working with a psychopath.”

                  Suzy asked, “Do you regret it all?”

                  Uee pressed her lips together and folded her hands together.

                  “I regret what I did, but I’m happy with the results of what happened to everyone,” Uee stated, “Everyone got their happy ending except me.”

                  She closed her eyes and visualized what happened a year ago.  That was the time when everything seemed to fall apart for Seunghyun, Jiyong, Yoona, and Jessica. 

____________________________

One Year Ago…

                  “Mr. Choi, please give the doctor space!” the nurse begged, “He is doing his best!”

                  Seunghyun cried out, “She needs to survive!”

                  Jessica rushed into Yoona’s hospital room to see the horrific scene.  It was chaotic and very loud.  Jessica tugged onto her hair as she saw Seunghyun crying his eyes out.  The doctor was frantically trying to revive Yoona, and Yoona was just flat lining.

                  “No, this cannot be happening,” Jessica mumbled as tears began to escape from her eyes. 

                  She looked at Changmin and Jiyong who were watching the scene with horrific looks on their faces.  Jiyong held her hand and gave it a light squeeze.

                  “I can’t survive if she dies!” Seunghyun yelled.

                  The doctor pressed the paddles against her chest and a shock jolted through her whole body.  The doctor retracted the paddles and stared at his patient.

                  “If that one didn’t do it for her, she’s gone for good,” he mumbled.

                  Seunghyun froze as he stared at her face.  He took her for granted, and he should have never done that.  She was his soul mate; even though he had done so many things to hurt her, she stuck by him and remained faithful to him. 

                  The silence was broken when the flat line sound turned into a slow but steady heartbeat.  Seunghyun let out a sigh of relief to see that she had been revived.  Jessica finally burst out crying because of all the agony that she was feeling.  She could not imagine a life without her sister.

                  “I advise not to raise your hopes,” the doctor looked down, “We may have revived her, but she still has a low chance of waking up.”

_________________________

                  Jessica was in her hospital bed again.  Changmin was sitting down on a chair beside her, and Jiyong had left.  Changmin told him to go home.  He had not slept in over a day because of how worried he was for both Jessica and Yoona. 

                  “Jess, have you made your decision?” he asked her.

                  Jessica looked at Changmin.  She knew he had good intentions, and she knew that he loved her.  She just wished that she loved him the way that he loved her.  He was a good man—a very caring one, but he didn’t own Jessica’s heart.

                  “If Yoona lives, I’m staying here,” Jessica decided, “If she passes, I’ll go with you and be your wife.”

                  Changmin was stuck in a rut after hearing that.  The only way Jessica would agree to move with him and marry him was if Yoona died.  He felt guilty because he had to hope for someone’s death just to be with the woman that he loved.

                  “Why?” he asked.

                  “I’m considering telling Jiyong the truth,” Jessica confessed, “Yoona wanted me to tell him, but I was too cowardly.  If Yoona lives, I will do what she told me.  It’s my way with bargaining with her to stay.”

                  Jessica knew that Yoona was somewhere.  She never believed in ghosts or anything like that, but she did believe that Yoona’s soul was wandering around.  Jessica knew for a fact that it was Yoona’s voice that she had heard earlier.  She was not imagining it.

                  “That’s crazy,” Changmin commented.

                  “You just don’t understand,” Jessica cleared , “I don’t think you ever will.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Changmin had to leave to start his shift in another hospital.  Jessica was alone as she looked at her premature baby.  The baby was tiny, but she was already the center of Jessica’s world.  She was inside an incubator, but the nurses allowed the baby into Jessica’s room.

                  It was amazing that there was a small baby in front of her.  The baby was the creation of Jiyong and Jessica’s love.  Jessica couldn’t touch her baby yet, but she felt so close to her.  She felt a presence in the doorway and looked up.  Jiyong was standing there with another bouquet of flowers.

                  “Hi, Ji,” Jessica smiled.

                  “Sica, your baby is beautiful,” Jiyong complimented.

                  Jessica looked up to see Jiyong looking at her baby with admiration.

                  He asked, “What’s her name?”

                  “I don’t know yet,” she admitted, “You should help me figure one out for her.”

                  “She should have an English name because your name is in English,” Jiyong suggested.

                  Jessica smiled, “I’ll keep that in mind, Jiyong.”

______________________

The Present…

                  “Her baby survived,” Uee stated, “I was so relieved that her baby survived.  I don’t…I don’t even know why I let Eunjung do that to Jessica.  I never had anything against Jessica.”

                  “And about Seunghyun,” Suzy brought up, “How do you think this whole event affected him?”

                  Uee tapped her thin fingers against the table’s surface.  With her other hand, she pressed her finger against her lips.  She looked at Suzy directly as her lips formed a small curve.

                  “It may sound awful of me, but the event of Yoona’s poisoning caused him to…blossom.  He was no longer thinking about himself anymore.  He grew like how Yoona wanted him to.  He was finally putting someone first than him,” Uee stated.

                  Suzy bit her lip and glanced at her watch.  Her time with Uee was almost up, and she wanted to milk every single bit of information she could get out of Uee. 

                  “Do you have any last words before we end this interview?” Suzy asked.

                  Uee thought hard about what to say.  She knew that every single word was going to be published.  Her family was going to read this.  Most importantly, Seunghyun was going to read this. 

                  “Yes, I do,” Uee spoke, “I hate what I did to them, but I have no regrets.  The people who are goodhearted got what they deserved—true happiness.  Despite my actions, they all managed to gain happiness in a way.  I’m just paying for my wrongdoings, but like Yoona said, I am not going to let my love for Seunghyun consume me any longer.  When I’m out of prison, I will move on and become happy.   I may have sinned, but I am not a bad person.  There is always hope for change.  I will show everyone that I am capable of love and happiness.”

__________________________________

                  “Your mother was a very beautiful person,” he continued, “She had the voice of an angel, the face of a model, and the heart of a saint.”

                  Hyeri listened carefully as she held her father’s hand.  The both of them had gotten closer over the year.  Hyeri was full of questions about how Yoona was linked to her mother, so she frequently bothered her father about explaining to her about the past.

                  “Your mother was so beautiful that two men fell in love with her,” he said.

                  He closed his eyes and stopped walking as a flood of memories invaded his mind and heart.   It seemed like yesterday when it was so long ago.  He still remembered his first love so clearly—Hyeri’s mother.

~~~~~

Geun Suk’s POV

                  I walked up and down the hallway of the hospital until I felt a presence behind me.  I turned around to see Seunghyun with a grim look on his face.  Yoona had just been admitted to the hospital after fainting during her party.  I thought she fainted because she was exhausted.  She was always working, and she was stressed out the move and Seunghyun.

                  “Hey, how’s she doing?” I asked with concern.

                  He lowered his eyes, “They said there’s a low chance that she’ll wake up.  The doctors said that I have to brace the fact that she might be gone forever.”

                  I knew that this wasn’t a good time for me to be there.  Seunghyun had called me to come, so I knew that it had to be serious.

                  “I want to talk,” Seunghyun said, “I wanted Yoona to be here so that she could hear to what I wanted to say, but she’s sick.  Geun Suk, it’s very important.”

                  I nodded as we both took a seat in Yoona’s room.  I heard the machines beeping in a steady rate as Yoona rested peacefully on the bed.

                  With a cup of coffee by my side, I waited for what Seunghyun wanted to say.

                  He folded his hands together as he looked down on the floor.  After taking one big breath, he looked up at me with confidence in his eyes.

                  “Geun Suk, Yoona thought that your daughter was my daughter,” Seunghyun announced, “I wanted to tell Yoona about it, but I can’t now.  She won’t wake up.”

                  What?  I had a daughter?  Was Seunghyun insane or something?  This had to be some kind of joke. 

                  “Seunghyun, how could I be a father?” I asked, “I never had a serious relationship.”

                  “You didn’t have a serious relationship, but you were in a serious affair with my girlfriend back then,” Seunghyun looked away.

                  I felt my heart ripping apart after hearing those words escape from Seunghyun.  I was no angel; I had committed the unthinkable and started an affair with the first woman my best friend had fallen in love with.  It was complicated because it was more than .  I had fallen in love with my best friend’s girlfriend years ago.  She had told him that she had fallen out of love with him, and I thought she would leave him for me.  Instead, she ran away from the both of us.  Because she had not told him that I was the other man, I buried the hatchet and put it behind us.

                  “I knew that you were the other man, but I never said anything,” Seunghyun coughed.

                  I asked, “Why?  Knowing how much richer and popular you are than me, I thought you would have destroyed me.”

                  “I was going to, but she stopped me.  Yenny begged me to forgive you.  I loved her, so I did.  I pretended that I didn’t know that you were the one that she was with when she claimed that she was out with the girls,” Seunghyun informed me, “Besides, I thought it over and I decided that decades of friendship was too hard to throw away over a woman who had the nerve to cheat on me.”

                  I was in utter shock.  I did not know what to say or do.  All my life, I had thought that Seunghyun was an immature brat.  He was mature enough to forgive me and put it to the past.  I know that Seunghyun must have hated me.  Yenny had told him that because she was a , she wanted to wait until she was married, so Seunghyun waited.  It was pretty hypocritical of her to have a ual affair with me.  It was pretty low of me to fall under Yenny’s charm when she was with my best friend.  Both Seunghyun and I knew that I could be the only person that could be the father to Yenny’s daughter.

                  “Why did Yenny abandon her…I mean our daughter?” I asked.

                  He answered, “Her mother told her that Hyeri was a stillborn, and Yenny left for Japan after that.  Yenny’s mother didn’t want her to have a child out of wedlock, so she dropped off Hyeri to the closest orphanage.  Yenny got married to another man, but ended up getting a divorce.  She didn’t even know that her daughter was alive until I told her.  I know all of this because I visited Yenny.  She’s back in Korea.”

                  I felt ashamed of what I had done, but all I wanted to do was make it right.

                  “I’m sorry,” I lowered my head.

                  “The past is the past,” he cleared his throat, “I found the real love of my life, and you have a daughter.  Yenny may have been my first love, but I’m glad that I met Yoona.  I thought no one could change my life, but Yoona did.  That simple, beautiful woman changed my whole perspective on everything.  If you had not had an affair with Yenny, I would have never been with Yoona.  I guess it’s a way of things falling into its place.”

                  Wow, he was mature.  He…he’s a man now.  He’s no longer a child with a short temper.  He was a man that knew his responsibilities and beliefs. 

                  “Seunghyun, it was more than an affair,” I added, “I fell in love with her.”

                  “Did you also love Yoona?” Seunghyun suddenly asked.

                  After seeing how cautious I looked, he lowered his shoulders and managed to laugh.

                  “I won’t punch you if you do,” he promised.

                  “I did fall for her.  Just like all of the men that are close to her, I had fallen for her,” I admitted, “I’m sorry.”

                  I knew that she didn’t love me.  I did know that she had a little crush on me, but it would never amount to the love she had for Seunghyun.  It wouldn’t even be considered to be close.

                  He inhaled sharply and his lips.  His eyes traveled to the hospital bed to see Yoona sleeping soundly.  That was when it hit me.  Yoona had complained to me over and over again that she hated it when Seunghyun was jealous over every single guy that was close to her.  He had a reason to why he was jealous.

                  “It’s all my fault,” I stated, “Your relationship with Yoona deteriorated because you didn’t have trust in her.  You didn’t trust her because of what I had done to you in the past.  You trusted Yenny, but she still went behind your back and had an affair with your best friend.  You just didn’t want history to repeat itself.  That’s why you were always so protective of Yoona.  You thought she was like Yenny, but she’s not.  You were fooled once, and you just didn’t want to be fooled again.”

                  Seunghyun swallowed, “I forgive you, Geun Suk.  I learned that I can’t move forward if I don’t let go of the past.”

                  He had completely changed.  I was guessing that it was all because of Yoona.  Yoona’s love had taught him to let go of the past and blossom with what you had in the present.

                  “I feel horrible,” I admitted with a desperate tone, “Please tell me what I can do to make it up to you.”

                  “Please be a good father to Hyeri,” he whispered, “That’s all I ask.  That’s what Yoona wanted.  All she wanted was for Hyeri to have a good father.”

 

__________________________________

                   Choi Jiyong stared at her from across the street.  She had children already.  It wasn't a surprise since it had been six years since she decided to get married to another man.  She got divorced a few years ago because her husband had turned into a drunk.  Jiyong watched from afar as she took her daughter and son into her arms.  She was laughing with a bright smile.  He knew that she was content with how her life came out.  The woman he used to love was living her life happily.  He smiled to himself as he felt a hand slip into his.

                   Jiyong looked at his wife beside him, who was also looking at Sandara.  Jiyong remembered the time when he loved Sandara.  He was so crazy for her, and he thought he would never love another like the way he loved her, but he was mistaken.  Dara broke up with him because she called him immature and childish, but Jiyong took the experience and used it to improve on himself.  He matured and he made a better life for himself.  He knew that Jessica was the woman that he loved infinitely, and he had proven himself over and over again.  Jessica had a smile on her face as she watched Dara usher her children to a cab.  It seemed as if she was going to drop off her children to their school.  Dara didn’t seem to notice the married couple looking at her.

                  Jessica thought she would be jealous that he was looking at Dara, but she wasn’t.  She understood that Dara was an important person in his life.  He didn’t keep in touch with her, but she was a significant memory.  Because of her, he had experienced how to love for the first time.  She may have not been the right person for Jiyong, but she paved the road for Jiyong to Jessica.

                  “She’s beautiful,” Jessica whispered.

                  He scoffed as he wrapped his arm around her waist, “Not as beautiful as my wife.”

                  Jessica lightheartedly rolled her eyes as she tiptoed to kiss him on the cheek.  She never knew the story behind Dara and Jiyong while they were dating, but Jiyong explained it to her once she told him that he was the real father to her baby when she was still pregnant.  Dara left him not only because she found him immature but also because her parents forced her to marry a Japanese business mogul.  What made Jiyong give up on her was that she was more than willing to leave Jiyong for a richer man.  It broke his heart, but he was more than fine with it now.  Now, he was with the real love of his life.

                  "Jagiya, we need to go to that boutique before it closes!" Jessica cried out.

Jiyong grinned at his wife and nodded.  He was also content with how his life came out.  He was married to his true love, and they were both happy.  Jiyong continued to walk down the streets as he pulled his wife into his chest.  Jessica circled her arms around him as they continued to stroll the streets with satisfied grins.

_____________________

                  Choi Seunghyun kneeled down on his knee as he set a bouquet of wild flowers near the cold tombstone.  It had been over a year since she was gone.  He gently brushed the labeled name on the tombstone with his fingers as a reminiscent smile appeared on his face.  Without her, he would have not been the same person.  Even though they weren't meant to be together, he enjoyed the time he had with her.  She was a friend that he would never forget.

                 "Sorry, I haven't visited for in such a long time," he whispered to the tombstone hoping that her soul was listening.

                  He still could not believe that Yenny had passed away.  She had died weeks after the whole controversy between the Ahn sisters, Uee, and Eunjung.  Before Yoona’s goodbye party, Seunghyun had visited her in her hospital room.  No one knew that she had a terminal illness and that she was dying.  Yenny was surprised when he admitted that he knew about Geun Suk.  Yenny had burst into tears after finding out that her daughter was alive.  When she gave birth, her parents told her that the baby died because they didn’t want an illegitimate child to stain the family name.  She was Dara’s cousin, and everyone knew that Dara and Yenny’s family always strived for perfection.

                 "I just wanted to tell you how my life is now.  I'm not a monster anymore.  I decided to settle down, and I got married six months ago," Seunghyun said quietly, "Thank you for teaching me so many things.  Even though you and I made mistakes that drifted us apart, I know that you'll always be one of my best friends.  We weren't meant to be together, but I will never forget you.  Because of you, I learned how to love so that I can be with the love of my life.  Thank you for everything."

                 Even though Yenny had played with his feelings in the past, his experience with her made him learn a very important lesson.  She taught him how to love so that he could give his love to the right person.

                   Seunghyun turned around as he saw his wife's face.  Yoona was as beautiful as ever.  She crossed her arms against her chest as she kept a subtle smile on her face.  She was waiting near the car.  She decided to give him some space so that he can let off whatever was on his chest.  

                   "Seunghyun ah, it's getting dark!  We should leave soon," she informed him.

                   Seunghyun nodded and gave the tombstone a final pat.  He jogged back to his wife and made his departure from the cemetery.

                  As soon as he was in distance, she gave him a warm embrace.  Most wives would not allow their husband to visit the graves of their ex-girlfriends, but Yoona understood how much of an impact Yenny had made on Seunghyun’s life.  She may have been the first woman that claimed his heart, but she knew that Seunghyun had made Yoona the rightful owner to his love.

                  “We need to get going,” Seunghyun smiled at his wife, “The others are waiting for us at the restaurant.”

____________________________

                  “Julianne, please stop it!” Jiyong begged.

                  He couldn’t figure how Jessica could keep Julianne tamed when they were in public.  They had just picked up their daughter from Hyuna’s house so that they could have dinner with everyone.  Jessica emerged from the ladies’ room, and as soon she made eye contact with her daughter, she quieted down and behaved.  Jiyong’s jaw dropped to see it happen in front of his eyes.

                  “That is how it’s done,” Jessica smiled at Jiyong.

                  Jiyong praised, “You have to teach me.”

                  “Nope,” Jessica shook her head with a grin, “You chose to be the nice parent.  The nice one always gets taken advantage of.”

                  Jessica took a seat next to Jiyong as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.  Within minutes, they saw Geun Suk enter the restaurant as he held his daughter’s hand.  Hyeri seemed so much happier.  Jiyong saw Dara walking with Hyeri and Geun Suk through the window, but she parted from them as soon as they entered the restaurant.  Since Dara was Hyeri’s aunt, she spoiled her rotten and treated her like a daughter since Hyeri didn’t have a mother figure.

                  Geun Suk and Hyeri greeted the group and took their seats.  Jiyong raised an eyebrow at Geun Suk who shrugged his shoulders.

                  “So, how’s Dara?” Jiyong teased, “Did you ask her on a date yet?”

                  It was weird that Geun Suk had developed a little crush on his daughter’s aunt.  He thought it was wrong for him to feel that way, but he couldn’t help it.  She had children of her own, and so did he.  They were both single, so Geun Suk couldn’t help but pursue her.

                  “You like Aunt Dara?” Hyeri gasped.

                  “No…wait…this is confusing,” Geun Suk panicked.

                  He leaned over to Jiyong and furrowed his eyebrows, “You were supposed to keep this as a secret!”

                  “There are no secrets between families and close friends,” Jiyong chuckled, “Everything is eventually going to be revealed.”

                  “You like her?  That’s good, Geun Suk oppa!  At least Hyeri can have a mother!” Jessica cheered.

                  “Appa, is Aunt Dara going to be my mother?” Hyeri asked.

                  Geun Suk blushed, “Too many questions!”

                  Meanwhile, Yoona and Seunghyun had just parked their car. They were making their way towards the restaurant.  Hand in hand, they looked like what they were:  a loving, married couple. 

                  “Yoona, I’ve been thinking,” he told her, “I think it’s time for you to get off the pill.”

                  Yoona scoffed, “Why?”

                  “Because I want to be a father,” Seunghyun explained.

                  “Tabi ah, I don’t have time to be a mother,” she pouted, “I work 12 hours a day.  When I’m at home, I’m still working.”

                  He glared, “You’re not working at home!”

                  “Yes, I am!” Yoona defended, “Do you know how much attention I have to give you on a daily basis?  It’s like you’re a child.  I don’t need a baby because I already have you to worry about.”

                  His eyes narrowed at her as she kept an amused smile on her face.  Ever since she went into a coma, he had been appreciative of every second he had with her.  That’s why he always wanted to be around her. She may have called it giving him attention, but he thought it was just a way of spending time together.  He wanted to make every second he had with her count.

                  “I will get you pregnant,” he vowed.

                  She couldn’t help but laugh at his statement.  He was so cute when he had determination in his eyes.  It was as if he was giving her a threatening promise, but Yoona couldn’t take him seriously.

                  “What are you going to do about it?  From the both of us, my body is the body that can carry a child.  You can’t force me to get off the pill,” Yoona stuck her tongue out, “It’s my body, and I can do whatever I want with it.”

                  “Guerilla tactics,” he simply muttered, “I will use guerilla tactics to get you pregnant.”

                  Yoona stared at him with confusion.  What was he talking about?  Many ideas were running in his mind on how to get Yoona pregnant. She may have not wanted a child at the moment because of the time she had to devote to her husband, but he wanted to prove that he would be a good father to their nonexistent, future child.  He knew for a fact that she wanted children, too, but she was just a bit nervous of the idea of it. 

                  “I’ll hide your birth control pills,” he smiled, “Or I’ll switch them with something else.”

                  Yoona crossed her arms, “Then I’ll just stop sleeping with you.”

                  “I’ll bust out my best seduction skills then!” he smirked, “You cannot escape from me, Choi Yoona.  You will be begging me—”

                  “Shut up!” Yoona scolded as she covered his mouth.

                  Changmin was about to enter the restaurant at the same time they were.  He wanted to see his old friends, and he even brought his whole family with him.  He had heard the couple’s conversation about Seunghyun seducing his wife to conceive a child, and he found it to be funny.  He shook Seunghyun’s hand and gave Yoona a quick hug.

                  “I would like you to meet my wife and children.  I have fraternal twins,” Changmin informed them.

                  Yoona looked down at his children and then at his wife.  Changmin had married an American.  Her blonde hair didn’t show in her children, but her eyes did.  Yoona shook Changmin’s wife’s hand as she greeted his children.

                  “So, you came here to show off your family to Jiyong?” Seunghyun asked.

                  “Of course,” Changmin laughed.

                  Changmin did still love Jessica, but they both agreed to stay friends.  She chose Jiyong, and Changmin moved to Seattle on his own.  That was where he found true love and happiness.

                  They entered the restaurant to see that Jiyong, Jessica, their children, Geun Suk, and Hyeri were already seated.  After exchanging greetings and hugs, they all settled down as the waitress passed them their menus.

                  Changmin found it to be a little awkward that he was eating with Jiyong, but he set it aside.  He had his own family now, and he just wanted to get along with them.  Changmin looked at Jessica’s daughter.  He smiled to himself to see that she looked healthy.  When she was in the neonatal intensive care unit, it seemed as if all the odds were against her.  Luckily, she lived and was now healthy.

                  “My son, Jason, should date Julianne when they grow older,” Changmin teased.

                  Jiyong’s facial expression turned blank as Seunghyun and Geun Suk chuckled.  Jiyong didn’t know why, but he could not picture his daughter dating in the future.  He was so protective over her because she was his little princess. 

                  “Julianne just e,” Jiyong nervously laughed, “Isn’t it a bit too early to talk about dating?”

                  Jessica added, “Babe, can you imagine how difficult it’s going to be for you once she grows up and becomes a teenager?  A lot of boys will probably be lining up at our house to ask for our permission to date her.”

                  Jiyong turned red as his head began to whirl.  He didn’t even want to think about that yet.  He just wanted his enjoy his little princess while she was still a baby. 

                  “She will not be able to date until she finishes college,” Jiyong decided, “And I want her to get a PhD so that it’ll take even longer.”

                  Jessica and Jiyong began to argue playfully with each other.  Jessica was against Jiyong’s idea, but Jiyong was so passionate about it. 

                  “Yoona, when I get you pregnant, I’d probably handle suitors for my future daughter better than Jiyong,” Seunghyun whispered over to Yoona.

                  Yoona narrowed her eyes at him and then leaned her head on his shoulder.

                  “Keep dreaming, Choi Seunghyun,” Yoona muttered.

                  He pouted as he pursed his lips out.  As soon as the waitress took their orders, another waitress walked up to them with a tray in her hand.  She set it down on the table.  Since they were dining in a Chinese restaurant, the waitress was offering them fortune cookies.

                  “Aren’t the fortune cookies supposed to be given after our meal?” Seunghyun criticized.

                  “Shut up and enjoy the cookies,” Yoona rolled her eyes.

                  She took a fortune cookie and set it up in front of Seunghyun.  She took one for herself and cracked it open.  She took a bite into the crunchy cookie as she rolled out the paper.

                  “My fortune says, ‘You are the epitome of a successful, happy person,’” Yoona said.

                  Seunghyun scoffed because Yoona seemed to be confident because of her fortune.  He took the cookie in front of him and halved it.  He popped the first half of the cookie into his mouth as he rolled out the paper so that he could read it. 

                  He said with a mouthful of cookie, “This is dumb.”

                  “What does your fortune say?” Jessica asked with a smile.

                  “It says, ‘Congratulations.  You will receive a gift in about nine months,’” Seunghyun read aloud.

                  He saw Jessica, Yoona, Geun Suk, Jiyong, Changmin, and even Hyeri giggling to themselves like little children. 

                  “Who the heck would wait 9 months to give me a gift?” his eyebrows furrowed, “That’s just stupid.  If someone has a gift for me, they should just give it to me now.  I shouldn’t have to wait 9 months.”

                  “You’re a genius at work, but you’re such an idiot everywhere else,” Jiyong shook his head.

                  “Think pregnancies,” Changmin suggested, “Pregnancies last 9 months.”

                  Seunghyun finished the other half of the fortune cookie, “So?”

                  Jessica’s jaw dropped at how clueless Seunghyun was.  She turned to Yoona as Yoona made eye contact with her.

                  “Yoona, didn’t you want to tell me something?” Jessica asked with a sweet smile.

                  Yoona chuckled, “I wanted to say that I haven’t been on the pill for six weeks, and I took a pregnancy test two days ago…it was positive.”

                  He felt like his mind had just exploded.  His jaw dropped as he looked at his wife.  She gave him a nod in confirmation that she was pregnant.  Seunghyun was so excited that he stood up straight from his seat. 

                  Unfortunately, he was too tall, and his head hit the lamp ceiling that hung somewhat low.  Because of the impact that his head had suffered from the lamp ceiling, he tripped on his side and crashed into a waiter, who was about to serve a family their meal.

                  The food went flying everywhere.  There were some noodles that landed on Seunghyun’s head as a whole pot of dumplings spilled to the floor.

                  “Tabi!” Yoona yelled, “Are you okay?”

                  “Are you kidding?” he asked, “I’m fantastic!  I’m going to be a dad!”

                  Yoona, Jessica, and the others giggled to see Seunghyun so ecstatic.  Jiyong kissed the side of Jessica’s head as she squeezed his hand.  Yoona had stood up to help her husband up from the floor.

                  Life may have been hectic for Jessica and Yoona, but they would not trade it for anything in the world.  Jessica had a loving husband and an adorable baby.  Jiyong and Jessica were considered the fashion couple of the country, and they were so successful with their designs.  Yoona and Seunghyun were running their merged companies so well that they were ranked at the top of the most powerful couples list in Asia.

                  They did go through many obstacles, but it was all worth it.  They had finally reached true happiness.


Author's Notes

Sunshine94:  Like always, we'll both write an epilogue for this story.  We're sorry that we didn't announce that the end was near.  We hope that you were satisfied with the ending, and you liked the last update.  This is something that is dear to my heart because my best friend and I created this together.  I don't think I'll be posting a new story anytime soon because of family emergencies, but I will try to read all the stories that I had subscribed to. 

jessicajessica:  I'm honored to write this with Sarah.  Even though I got lazy, she pushed for me to continue writing with her for this story.  I had never seen anyone so dedicated to her stories and readers.  I don't think I'm going to continue to write because I feel as if I can't do it alone, but I'm glad that I contributed to this story.  We will post the epilogue when we have time.  Thank you so so so much.