Into the New World

Love in Disguise

 

            Jiyong felt anxious as he waited for Jessica to go through those doors.  His fingers trembled after the frightening text that Eunjung had sent her.  Just to summarize, Eunjung had instructed Jiyong to break up with Jessica or else she would bring harm to her.  To make it worse, Eunjung ordered him to tell her that he was now in love with Eunjung.

            He didn’t know how a psycho had so much control over his life.  His family had so much wealth and power, and he normally never let anyone control him like this, but it was Jessica at stake.  Jiyong breathed out as he remembered that Eunjung’s father was the chief of police.  The man was fair and just, but Eunjung had a way of hiding things from him.  Ever since Eunjung’s mother died, the chief of police made his daughter the center of his world.  The police wasn’t going to help him with his situation.

            Jessica stepped into the room without knocking.  To Jiyong, she looked breathtakingly beautiful.  That was how he always described her.  Even if she had just woke up or if she was sick, she still managed to look beautiful in his eyes.  She was wearing a dress that went down to her knees and a pair of flats.  Her hair was up in a bun, and she looked somewhat too proper for the situation. 

            Jiyong stood up and gave a cocky smile.  He tried his best to look like a jerk to Jessica.  If he was a pain in the , it might save her from the agony. 

            “Jessica,” Jiyong grinned.

            He wanted to cry.  He had worked hard to win Jessica’s heart.  She was the woman that he had vowed to himself to marry, but he had to let her go for the time being.  She was going to hate him, but it was for the best.

            “No,” Jessica swallowed, “I actually want to talk to you.  Let me talk, and you will listen.”

            He was a bit surprised at what she had proposed.  He smirked sarcastically and took a seat on his bed as he beckoned for her to continue on to her point.

            “Choi Jiyong,” Jessica started, “You are an immature, drunken bastard that keeps on hurting me.  I have given you way too many chances, and I’m fed up with everything.”

            He cut in, “Sica.”

            “No, shut up,” she ordered, “As I was saying, I came into this relationship thinking that you were going to be the guy that I fell in love with, but you changed too much—for the worse.  I don’t even know you anymore.  You act like a spoiled child, and I don’t want to be with you if you can’t even handle your own responsibilities.”

            Jiyong’s eyes softened.  She thought he wasn’t being responsible when he was.  He was taking the punishment for breaking women’s hearts in the past.  One of them turned rotten and was making him pay the consequences.  He wanted to hold her in his arms, but he refrained himself.

            “Are you breaking up with me?” Jiyong scoffed, “Go ahead and leave.  I have another girl waiting on me anyways.  I just hope that Eunjung isn’t like you.”

            Jessica froze as he turned his back towards her. He was reaching for another glass of whiskey as she breathed in.  She promised herself that she wasn’t going to cry in front of him.

            “I hope you two are happy together,” Jessica choked.

________________________

            Seunghyun quietly began to type an email on his laptop as he sat on his desk in his office.  He was practically the president of the company already.  Danny had changed his position to a member on the board while Eugene waited on Jiyong to finish college to take up the role of vice-president.  It was already getting dark, but because he was so absorbed into his work, he had lost track of time. 

            His secretary knocked on the door twice and then poked her head out.  She gave a nervous smile and anxiously her lips.  She knew that Seunghyun had been in a bad mood ever since the breakup.  It was a public breakup, so the press had been trying to snoop into every detail.

            “Sir, you have a woman wanting to see you in the front desk,” the secretary informed him.

            Seunghyun’s eyes were glued onto the screen, “Who is she?”

            “She said her name is Uee,” she stated.

            Seunghyun sighed with frustration.  That woman was beginning to annoy him.  She was always trying to be there.  She thought that when he was out of the relationship with Yoona, he would go running back to her, but Seunghyun’s attitude just worsened.

            “Send her away.  If she refuses, call security,” Seunghyun demanded.

            The secretary cleared , “Sir, there’s another person here to see you.  He said his name is Mr. Lee.  He refuses to give his first name.  He said that you know him.”

            “Let him in,” Seunghyun approved.

            The secretary bowed to her boss and closed the door behind her to send Uee away and to retrieve Seunghyun’s guest.  Within minutes, Seunghyun heard another knock on the door.  He stood up as he saw a familiar face.

            “Mr. Lee, it’s a pleasure to see you again,” Seunghyun smiled.

            Mr. Lee nodded, “It’s good to see you too, Mr. Choi.  I have the information that you wanted.”

            Seunghyun signaled him to take a seat as Seunghyun sat on his chair. 

            “I had kept a close eye on Ms. Yoona these past few days, and she has been doing exceptionally well on her own.  There are days when she didn’t leave the house, but when she did, she did normal things.  She buys groceries, studies at a coffee shop, and goes to school.  I just don’t understand why she went clubbing tonight,” Mr. Lee reported.

            “She went clubbing?” Seunghyun raised an eyebrow.

            “Yes,” he nodded, “She did go with her friends.  She was with Ms. Yuri, Ms. Sunny, and Mr. Nichkhun, but Mr. Nichkhun had to leave early because of a curfew.  I have men watching her from distance as we speak, and they say that she’s been drinking heavily.”

            Seunghyun grunted, “Tell your men to go home.  I’ll take care of her.”

            “Are you sure?” Mr. Lee asked.

            “Yes, I am sure.  I’m going to get her out of there,” Seunghyun stated.

_______________________

            Jessica answered the door and gave a little smile.  She gave her friend a warm hug as she welcomed him into the house.  Yuri was such an angel; she let Jessica and Yoona stay in her home.  Her parents were never there because of business trips, so Yuri was pleased to have them there.  They kept her from getting lonely.

            “Changmin oppa,” Jessica grinned, “What are you doing here?”

            Changmin pouted, “What’s so wrong with a friend visiting his friend?”

            Jessica was curious as to his real reason to visiting her out of the blue.  She let him in and offered him a seat in the living room.  She was watching a Korean drama, and she didn’t know if he watched it, too, but he was never one to complain.

            She was embarrassed because she had a huge selection of junk food on the coffee table.  She thought she was going to spend a night by herself.  Yoona and Yuri wanted to stay with her, but she told them to go ahead and enjoy the night.  Jessica couldn’t go because she was pregnant and she didn’t want to be around individuals drunk with alcohol.

            “You have a big appetite,” Changmin noted.

            Jessica chuckled, “Yeah, I’m going to get fatter soon.”

            “You have a quick metabolism,” Changmin laughed, “I should know.  I grew up with you.  In the past, you’d eat burgers and you wouldn’t gain a pound.”

            “You know too much about me,” she told him.

            Changmin looked at Jessica and knew that she had been shedding tears.  She was so horrible at hiding it.  Her hands were shaking as she reached for a cookie on the table.  It was so apparent that she was nervous about something.

            “So Jessica,” Changmin sighed, “When are you due?  Have you seen a doctor yet?”

            Jessica’s jaw dropped.  How did he know that she was pregnant?  The only ones that knew were Yoona and Yuri.  She was sure that they wouldn’t tell anyone.  She trusted them with her life.

            “What are you talking about?” Jessica asked.

            Changmin’s smile fell, “Jessica, let’s not play stupid.  Do you remember that time when you were hanging out with Jaebeom and me when Jiyong was in Australia?  You were complaining that the pot stickers tasted foul, but I ate pot stickers from the same box a few days before that.  I thought it got expired, and I checked but it wasn’t expired.  I began to wonder if you were pregnant or not because you were showing signs of dysguesia.  Your taste has gotten sensitive.”

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jessica denied, “I don’t even know what dysguesia is.”

            “It’s a symptom that some women get during their first trimester in pregnancy due to a rise in estrogen levels,” Changmin explained quickly, “Jessica, I know you’re pregnant.  I may not be a gynecologist, but I do have a general understanding in pregnancies.”

            Jessica couldn’t help it and knew that she couldn’t keep up with the lies to Changmin.  She finally burst into tears as he wrapped her arms around her. 

            “I don’t know what to do,” Jessica whimpered, “I tried to be very strong, but it’s too difficult.”

            “We’ll get through this somehow,” Changmin promised her.

________________

            Seunghyun stepped into the club after giving the bouncer a huge tip.  He looked around for Yoona, but he couldn’t find her.  He was starting to grow irritated that he couldn’t find her.  He ruffled his hair as he tried to get through the crowd of people drunkenly dancing. 

            He saw one of his workers and beckoned at him.  The worker immediately followed his boss’s request and approached him.

            “Where’s Yoona?” Seunghyun yelled over the music.

            “She’s gone,” he reported, “Her friends are still here, but she left with a man.”

            Worry began to fill his heart as he tried to picture Yoona leaving with another man.  She was never the type that resorted to hookups. 

            “Find her!” Seunghyun barked, “Now!”

_________________

            Geun Suk and Daesung entered the Choi family mansion with caution.  They were always welcomed to in the home, but they were a bit apprehensive to deal with two Choi brothers that were definitely hotheaded and frustrated.  Jiyong was missing Jessica like crazy and Seunghyun’s men could not find Yoona. 

            “Hey, how’s it going?” Daesung asked.

            “Pretty boring,” Jiyong retorted.

            He did his best to act as if his breakup with Jessica didn’t affect him.  He was good a keeping up a front, but inside, he was a mess.  Daesung and Geun Suk took a seat across from the brothers.  The brothers were staring at the television screen as they watched an American basketball game.

            Geun Suk questioned, “So do you two have any plans to do something besides mope at home and go to work or school?”

            “There’s no time for anything else,” Seunghyun tore his eyes away from the screen.

            Jiyong scoffed at Seunghyun.  It was obvious that Seunghyun had invested all of his free time in making sure that Yoona was okay.  He hired men to watch her.  He was always in a bad mood whenever he didn’t get to have news on her.

            “Why do you always act like you don’t care about Yoona?  You know what’s stupid?  You didn’t even give her a chance to explain.  What if she was telling the truth?” Jiyong sputtered.

            Jiyong didn’t understand his older brother.  Seunghyun’s stubbornness was keeping him away from the woman that he loved.  Of course, Jiyong had to pretend as if he didn’t care about Jessica either, but at least he was doing it for a good reason.  If he were Seunghyun, he would give it all up to be with the woman he loved.

            “You cheated on Jessica,” Seunghyun said in a dangerous tone, “Don’t act like a saint.”

            Jiyong rolled his eyes, “You know what?  I’m going to call it a night.”
            Jiyong stood up from his seat and left the group.  Geun Suk and Daesung tensed up in the awkwardness that ensued them.  Seunghyun began to flip through the channels as his eyes stayed focus on the television screen.

            Seunghyun’s hand grew weak and the remote fell to the floor.  His jaw dropped to see what a news station was covering.

            “What the hell?” Geun Suk gasped, “Is that Yoona and Jessica?”

            Daesung added, “They’re the lost Ahn heiresses?”
__________________________________

            It happened all too quickly for them both.  One moment, they were crying at Yuri’s house together about how badly they had it and then two men dressed in dark suits and sunglasses knocked on the door. 

            They were decked in all of the finest jewels and clothing.  Yoona looked at her wrist and saw $75,000 hanging on her thin wrist.  She was given a gift of a very expensive bracelet.  Jessica, on the other hand, was given an exquisite necklace.  The price of the necklace matched Yoona’s bracelet.  They both stared at themselves in the mirror with amazement.

            “I’m just glad to have you two home,” Kahi said.

            They both looked at the woman tearing up by the entrance.  Kahi held her hands together against as she took in the sight of Jessica and Yoona.  Kangta was next to her with the same hopeful look on his face.

            “Excuse me, but are you sure about what you two just told us?” Yoona suddenly asked, “It’s a bit sudden, and isn’t it too early to be jumping into conclusions?”

            Jessica nodded, “Yeah, we should get a paternity test done or something.”

            Kangta walked up to the two young women and draped his arms over their shoulders.  With a proud smile on his face, he looked into the mirror, as did they.

            “We already did that.  We went to your private physicians and took blood samples.  We’re sorry we did not do it to your knowledge, but we wanted to be very discreet about it.  It turns out that Yoona is my daughter and Jessica is Kahi’s daughter,” Kangta informed them.

            It was too much for Jessica.  What were the chances of having both of them be Kangta and Kahi’s long lost daughters?

            “I-I thought your daughters were dead,” Jessica brushed her fingers through her hair.

            Kahi told her, “Dear, it was a mistake our private investigator made.  He thought these two dead girls were our daughters.  It turned out that those two dead girls were never orphans and had parents that knew they were dead.”

Yoona whispered, “I didn’t even know that I was adopted.  My parents brought that secret to the grave with them.”

It seemed too surreal for both Jessica and Yoona.  One moment, they were both penniless, heartbroken women that were stressing out over their rich ex-boyfriends.  Now, they were heiresses that many people feared. 

            “Your lives will change,” Kahi said slowly, “We promise we’ll make you two really happy.  You two are our daughters and we love you.”

            Kangta assured them, “Your lives will change for the best.  Whatever you two want is yours.  People will learn to fear and love the two of you.  The world is now in your palms.”



 

Authors' Notes

Sunshine94: Thank you for reading our update! :) Some people already expected YoonSic to be the long lost Ahn daughters, so it may not be a surprise to some of you.  Well, thanks again and we hope you liked it! :D

jessicajessica: We're still wondering whether or not we should have Jessica give birth to her baby in the end or in the middle of the story.  We'll decide it soon.  Thanks for reading.  We appreciate it.