Venom

Love in Disguise

 

            “This will be our last time we work together,” Uee said in a serious tone.

            Eunjung looked at her as she took a sip from the dark wine in her glass.  She smirked at Uee.  They had come up with the ultimate plan for their final revenge. 

            To Eunjung’s irritation, Jiyong had completely blocked her away from his life after he had joined Kahi’s fashion group.  It only heightened her rage, and it somehow brought her more motivation to make Jiyong’s life more miserable. 

            “I never asked you,” Uee cleared , “Why do you hate Jiyong so much?”

            “It’s pretty simple,” Eunjung sat up, “He broke my heart, so I have to take what he cherishes the most.”

            The memory was still fresh in her mind.  The humiliation of being labeled as one of Jiyong’s toys was hard on her.  She was looked at as if she was some kind of abomination.  Other women stared at her and talked behind her back all the time.  Most of all, he just ignored her after that.  He told her she was just a one-night stand and nothing more.

_________________________

            Yoona heard her iPad ringing and answered it right away.  She was in her bedroom preparing herself for the extravaganza of a party that her parents were throwing for her as her goodbye party.  She was only going to be gone for a year, but she had to admit that she was going to miss everyone.

            She answered the video call that Geun Suk had requested her.  She immediately frowned after seeing his face.  It was so obvious that he was trying to hide his bruises on his face with some makeup.  Yoona narrowed her eyes as he snapped his fingers to gain her attention.

            “What the hell happened to your face?” Yoona asked.

            He answered, “I got beat up in the gym during a sparring.  I need to brush up on my taekwondo skills.”

            Yoona laughed silently.  It looked absurd for one of the most handsome men in Korea to have bruises on his face.

            “So, are you really going to leave me?” he joked.

            “I’m only going to be gone for 10 to 14 months.  It’s not forever,” Yoona rolled her eyes.

            Geun Suk swallowed, “I just hope that you’re leaving for the right reason.”
            “I am,” Yoona nodded.

____________________________

            “Oppa, I’m so sorry,” Jessica apologized, “I don’t have an answer for you.  I wish I could tell you yes, but I just can’t right now.  The whole situation is just too crazy.”

            Changmin nodded as he stared at Jessica.  Of course she would be confused.  She was pregnant, and another man was trying to win her heart.  Changmin took a seat next to her and put his hand over hers.  After their fingers intertwined, he kissed the back of her hand.

            “Jessica, I just want to let you know that I am a patient man,” Changmin claimed, “I will wait for you.  I promise you that when you give me the chance, I will make you happy.  I will make you and the baby happy.”

            He rested his hand over her belly as she swallowed nervously.

            She wished that she loved him.  It would have made life so much easier.  He was a respected doctor, a caring man with morals, and a supportive friend.  Why couldn’t Jessica see him as the man that she was in love with?

            She didn’t want to admit it, but it kind of hurt to think of her daughter growing up thinking that Changmin was her father.  What would she even do if the baby looked like Jiyong?  It would be too obvious.  Jessica swallowed and remained speechless.

            “I know that I’m just the rebound guy,” Changmin cleared up, “I just want to show you that I can love you better than he did.  Please open up your heart one day to me.”

_________________________

            Seunghyun took a deep breath as he folded his hands together.  That talk with Yoona was pretty depressing, but it was clarifying.  If he wanted to be with her again in the future, he had to grow up and prove to her that he was capable of happiness.  He was going to visit his past, and he had to admit that he was nervous.  It had been four years since he had last seen her. 

            He knew that he could have known where she was with a snap of his fingers; he had the best team of investigators with skillful snooping skills, but he always put her in the back of his mind.  Even thinking of her name made his stomach churn.

            Seunghyun sighed as he stared at the white door in front of him. He looked pretty absurd for wearing a suit and tie.  He was on his way to Yoona’s farewell party, but he had to make this short visit before he left. 

            The doorknob felt cold against his hand as he twisted it slowly.  He opened the door and peeked inside.  He saw a familiar face staring at him with surprise.  The woman he used to love seemed to be different from the last time he had seen her.  She managed to pull off a weak smile as she beckoned for him to take a seat.

            “It’s been a while, Choi Seunghyun,” she stated.

___________________________

            The people in the building began to clap as Yoona finished up her speech.  It was rehearsed, so she didn’t have any trouble delivering the speech.  It was just about her plans on going to America to launch a new branch there.  She had volunteered so that her father wouldn’t have to go.

            Yoona stepped down from the small stage and began to shake the hands of different business moguls and staff members.  Yoona wore an elegant, one-shouldered lavender dress that gracefully reached down to the floor.  She looked absolutely beautiful and stunning in it that most men had their eyes glued on her.

            Yoona began to look around with hopes of seeing Seunghyun. She had invited the Choi family, but it seemed as if he didn’t go.  She saw Eugene, Jiyong, Danny, and Janey.  She had greeted them in the beginning of the event, but Seunghyun was nowhere to be seen.

            Jessica rested her hand on Yoona’s shoulder and gave an uplifting smile.  Jessica was wearing a beige tube dress that reached down to her ankles. The dress showed off her baby bump, and she pulled off a blooming image.

            “Don’t worry,” Jessica assured her, “He’ll be here.”

            “I wasn’t looking for Seunghyun,” Yoona crossed her arms.

            “Did I say that I was talking about Seunghyun?” Jessica teased, “Yoona, just be calm.  He will be here.”

            Yoona lightheartedly rolled her eyes and smiled.  She hated to admit that she was actually looking for him.  They weren’t exactly together, but she was open to patching up the flaws for the future.  Besides, she didn’t want to leave without giving him a proper goodbye.

_______________________________

            Seunghyun hurried out of his car as he passed his key to the valet worker.  He slowly jogged into the building as he adjusted his tie around his neck.  People smiled at him and waved as he made his way into the building.  The guests were surprised that Seunghyun had attended.  The public didn’t know that they had reached reconciliation, so they thought that they were still in a lover’s quarrel.

            Seunghyun saw a familiar face and walked up to him.  Geun Suk was wearing a dark blue suit with a black tie.  He had cut his hair just for the occasion.  With a glass of wine in his hands, he looked like a socialite.

            “Where’s Yoona?” Seunghyun asked in a hurry.

            Geun Suk answered, “The last time I saw her was when she was summoned by a worker.  They wanted her opinion on which entrée to serve first for the dinner.”

            “I need to talk to you later, Geun Suk.  After I get Yoona, the three of us are going to have a long talk,” Seunghyun ordered.

__________________

            Changmin had never been the aggressive type in his life, but he was so eager to have Jessica in his life that he was actually asserting his viewpoint to Jiyong.  Jiyong cleared his throat as they continued on with their serious talk in the empty hallway.

            “I know you still love her,” Changmin stated.

            “Of course I do,” Jiyong confirmed, “Fate isn’t allowing us to be together right now, but we were meant to be.  We went through so much.”

            Changmin nodded, “Yes, that’s why you should completely give up on her.  Quit your job in her mother’s company.  You’ve only been there for a couple of weeks, but I can get it arranged for you to work somewhere else.  You can go New York, Paris…just name it.”

            Jiyong had tried to quit on Jessica, but it was just too difficult.  They had too many memories together, and there was no way that he would forget them all.  He had never loved another woman like the way he loved her.

            “I just can’t…you may be the father to her child, but she’s my soul mate,” Jiyong admitted.

            Changmin impatiently brushed his fingers through his hair.  Jiyong was so persistent that it was kind of annoying to him.  Who would have ever thought that a spoiled, rich kid would fall in love with the woman that he had longed for since they were younger?

            “You think you know her, but you don’t.  I grew up with her,” Changmin frowned, “I was by her side when she was down.  You may think that you have loved her for a long time, but nothing compares to the amount of time that I had been in love with her.”

            Jiyong didn’t know why Changmin had to rub it in his face that Jessica was his.  Love was never supposed to be measured in time.  Jiyong thought that Changmin was just speaking nonsense.  He was letting his ego get the best of him.

            “Why can’t you see that she can’t move on because you’re there?” Changmin exploded, “You are around her all the time, and she is constantly being reminded of how much pain that you have given her!  If you truly do love her like you say you do, you would let her go.  She’s getting married to me; just give up on her.  I’m sure that’s her true happiness.  She just wants to move on and forget you.  She’s going to start a beautiful family, and you’re just interfering with that dream of hers.”

_________________________

Yoona picked up her dress as she began to walk across the kitchen.  She wanted the fish entrées to be served before the chicken dish.  She gave the servants an okay to start getting the dishes set up in the dining room.  Yoona leaned her back on the wall as she took a deep breath.  She wasn’t sure if she could carry on with the whole event.  Her flight was early in the morning, and this would be the last time she would see her friends again for the next year or so.

She felt someone grab her wrist and pull her towards the exit.  She looked at who it was and saw a woman in black.  Yoona tried to resist, but gave in after seeing who it was.   It was Eunjung.  Yoona didn’t know much about her, but she did know that she was the new girl that Jiyong was dating.  She was also the girl that Jiyong cheated on Jessica with. 

            Yoona had to admit that Eunjung was very pretty.  Her eyes twinkled as she looked at Yoona.  They were in the balcony next to the kitchen as Eunjung crossed her arms against her chest. 

            “Can I help you?” Yoona asked in irritation.

            She didn’t even know if Eunjung was invited.  She didn’t remember inviting Eunjung, but maybe Jiyong had bought her along.  Eunjung searched in her purse for a cigarette and lit it.  Yoona coughed after smelling the scent of her cigarette.  She absolutely hated the smell of the gray smoke escaping from Eunjung’s lips.

            “Listen closely,” Eunjung said with a smirk, “There’s a plot against your boyfriend.  Someone wants him dead.  Your boy should be in the party by now.”

            Eunjung looked at her watch and looked up at Yoona.  She seemed horrified that someone was trying to harm him.  Yoona was about to run back to the party to make sure that he was okay until Eunjung grabbed her wrist.

            “Listen closely,” Eunjung repeated, “Or he’ll die.  There is something that you can do to stop it.  Only you can do it.”

____________________

            Jiyong walked down the hallway with his hands stuffed in his pockets.  He hated the fact that Changmin was right.  Jessica deserved to move on, and he wasn’t letting her.  He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.  He never thought he was going to do this.

            Jessica saw him and waved at him.  She knew that she was supposed to hate him for cheating on her, but she felt that something wasn’t right.  Ever since Eunjung had acted like a crazy person, her suspicions had increased over their relationship.  Was he being blackmailed?  Were they really in love?  She grew kinder to him because she honestly did believe that Eunjung was up to no good. 

            “Hi,” Jessica cleared .

            Jiyong weakly smiled, “Hey there.”

            “Listen, I wanted to talk to you about—” she was cut off.

            “I have something to say first,” Jiyong his lips.

            He took her hand and patted it.  He courageously smiled which seemed to worry her.

            “Jessica, I want you to know that you’re a very special woman to me,” Jiyong started, “I know that I was wrong.  I can’t say what happened, but I want you to know that I am wrong.  I really don’t deserve you.  I’m officially letting you go.  You don’t have to worry about me messing up things for you anymore.  I’m not going to steal glances at you or interfere with your life again.  You can start the family that you deserve.”

            Jessica laughed, but she quieted down as her smile faded.  He was being serious.

            “What are you talking about?” Jessica questioned.

            “I’m letting you go.  I want you to be happy with Changmin,” Jiyong announced.

_______________________

            Yoona pulled up her dress as she began to hurry through the crowd of guests.  She saw a waiter passing out drinks in a silver tray.  She also saw Seunghyun looking around; she was sure that he was searching for her.  Once she reached him, she felt a wave of heat in her body. 

            “Yoona, you’re finally here,” Seunghyun stated, “I need to speak to you.  It’s about Hyeri!  I need to tell you something.”

            Yoona surprised him, “Let’s not talk about that right now.  Let’s just enjoy this evening for now.”

            “Okay, I guess,” Seunghyun frowned, “but we need to talk after.  It’s kind of urgent, but I guess we can talk about it later.”

            “Sir, would you care for the last glass?” a server asked Seunghyun.

            Yoona watched Seunghyun nod and take the last glass of wine from the tray.  It was pretty obvious that Kangta was going to make a toast for his daughter’s departure.  Yoona grabbed a glass of wine from another server and held it tightly in her hands.

            She gently nudged him with a sweet smile on her face.  She nervously her lips and let out a little laugh.  He knew that she was acting weird, so something must have been wrong.

            “Can we switch glasses?” she asked, “You have the last glass of champagne, and I’ve been craving for champagne since last night.  This is a glass of Pérignon.  Isn’t that your favorite?”

            He nodded and was surprised that she had remembered.  They switched their glasses and waited for Kangta’s speech.

            She had her eyes fixed on her father as Kangta went on with how great his daughter was.  Seunghyun looked at Yoona, and he somehow knew that things were going to be okay.  Sure, he had to wait 10 to 14 months for Yoona, but a love that was going to last forever was worth it.  His hands slipped into hers, and she squeezed his hand in reply.

            “Cheers to the future!” Kangta raised his glass.

            “To the future,” Yoona muttered as she pressed the wine glass against her lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Jessica scowled after she finished her glass of apple cider.  It was annoying that she couldn’t drink any alcohol because she was pregnant, but she shrugged it off.  She stole a glance at Jiyong, who was talking to Geun Suk about something.

            “This cider has an aftertaste,” Jessica grimaced, “It’s kind of gross.”

            “Maybe it’s just your hormones,” Changmin guessed.

            Jessica nodded in agreement.  Her taste did change, so it had to be because of her pregnancy. 

            Changmin looked at the guests gathering in the dance floor to start the first dance.  He extended his hand out to Jessica, who took it after hesitating for a few seconds. 

~~~~~

            Yoona rested her hand on his shoulder as they began to gracefully move around the dance floor.  She knew that she was getting weak, so every single second was precious.  She smiled at Seunghyun, who was curious about her behavior.  For the past few minutes, something seemed to be off about her. 

            “Seunghyun, when I’m gone, I want you to move on,” Yoona said in a subtle tone.

            He tilted his head to the side as he studied her.  He didn’t know if she was trying to be sarcastic or not.  Her lips were in a grim line, as she looked deeply into his eyes.

            “Yeah right.  You act as if falling out of love with you is that easy,” he scoffed, “You’re only going to be gone for a few months.  It’s not forever.  We still have a chance of having a future together.  We still have a chance of being happy.”

            Yoona remained silent she rested her cheek on his shoulder.  She closed her eyes as she inhaled his scent.  She had missed him so much.

            Yoona whispered, “We’ll be happy, Tabi.”

~~~~~

            Changmin knew that she was looking at Jiyong.  She was trying to hide it, but she felt uneasy.  Something didn’t feel right.  Changmin didn’t know if it was because Jiyong was in the room, but Jessica wasn’t very focused.

            Her eyes moved from the floor to his eyes. 

            “Are you okay?” Changmin asked.

            Jessica stopped dancing, and she looked like a sore thumb in the dancing crowd.  She placed her hands over her swollen belly as her eyes turned droopy.

            “Oppa, something doesn’t feel right,” Jessica finally admitted.

___________________________

            Uee fixed her hair in front of the mirror as Eunjung joined her.  Neither of them was invited to the party, but it was easy to get in.  All they had to do was dress in expensive dresses and the guards didn’t question them.  Uee pushed back the stray hairs behind her ear and smiled in the mirror.

            “In a few minutes, the world will say goodbye to Choi Seunghyun,” Uee said in a low tone.

            Eunjung jumped up and sat on the countertop next to the sink.  She crossed her legs and smirked at Uee.  Uee looked at her and immediately knew that Eunjung had done something that Uee didn’t know about.

            “There was a change in plans,” Eunjung grinned.

            “What are you talking about?” Uee asked.

            Eunjung snickered, “I urged Yoona to switch glasses with Seunghyun.  I told her that if she didn’t switch glasses with Seunghyun, you ordered someone in the crowd to fire on Seunghyun, and the dimwit took it.  She’s pretty stupid for someone who’s supposed to be smart.  She’s going to die for Seunghyun.  All she wanted was for you to leave him alone after she dies.  It’s kind of fun to mess with people.”

            Uee’s eyes began to fill up with fury.  She stood up straight and wrapped her hands around Eunjung’s neck.  Eunjung began to gag because of the tight grasp Uee had around her neck.

            “It would be more painful for Seunghyun,” Eunjung choked, “If he knew that she died because of him, he’d die from the guilt.  I thought you’d be happy.”

            Tears began to form in Uee’s eyes.  She didn’t want Yoona to die.  She only wanted Seunghyun to die.  Yoona urged Uee to move on from Seunghyun, and she felt in debt to her.  Uee softened her grip against Eunjung’s neck until she finally let go.

            “That was not your decision to make!” Uee cried out, “Yoona is not supposed to die!”

            “Well, it’s too late,” Eunjung sneered.

            Uee felt her body going limp.  Guilt washed over her body as she breathed in.  That was when she made a realization.

            “You want Yoona dead for your own sake,” Uee comprehended, “You want Jessica to lose her sister, so she would blame the Choi family for Yoona’s death.  When Jessica loses her baby and her sister, she’s going to blame Jiyong.  You only did this for your own interest, you !”

            Without another word, Uee ran out of the restroom and into the main ballroom where all the guests were.  Maybe she could still stop all the madness.  She was horrified to see two sights.  Everyone was huddled around them in a big crowd as they watched in horror.

            Jessica was on one side crying as she put both of her hands on her abdomen.  She screamed out in pain as blood continued to trickle down her legs.  Uee didn’t know that the medication that Eunjung had drugged her drink with would work so quickly.  Changmin had already called the ambulances and was trying to figure out how to keep Jessica stable until the ambulances arrived.

            About five feet away was Yoona.  She looked completely lifeless.  Seunghyun actually had tears flowing down his face as he shook her gently.  Her face was as white as a ghost.  The poison that was meant for Seunghyun was now in her system.  Uee’s hands began to shake with fear.

            What had she done?  This wasn’t supposed to happen.  She shouldn’t have let Eunjung take the life of an unborn child.  The woman that had opened her eyes to moving on wasn’t supposed to die. 

            “You!” Seunghyun roared as his eyes met with Uee’s, “This is all your fault!” 



 

Author's Notes:  So we really hope that you liked it! We do have bad news. :(

This story is going to end soon, and we won't be able to update until an estimation of a few weeks.  We both have midterm exams coming up and our jobs are giving us hell. :(  Thank you again for reading, and we're sorry for leaving a cliffhanger.  

Once again, thank you! :D