26

Project Wedding

::DOUBLE FREAKING UPDATE TODAY! BE VERY EXCITED XD::


 

I squeezed my eyes shut, bracing myself for what horror might happen next.

“I’m not going to kiss you” he announced. I opened my eyes, looking straight back at him. My cheeks flared up in pink, feeling embarrassed.

“I never said you were. Now, please get the hell off of me” I cried back at him. Kris sighed aloud, “You do know that I’m sorry right? For all my idiotic actions”

I nibbled on the inside of my cheek, feeling uncomfortable. Especially since he was on top of me. I cleared my throat before answering, “Yes I do...we should really go back to camp.”

“No listen Hyesu” he demanded, that deep voice of his rumbling darkly. “Just listen okay”

I stayed silent, indicating that I was listening. I looked from side to side, feeling pretty awkward.

“You annoy me Hyesu! Do you understand that?” He suddenly said. I blinked in disbelief, wondering what I did to tick him off so much.

“I was fine before you okay? I didn’t have a girlfriend anymore and I thought, great, I can do what I want now. I can talk to any girl I want without feeling like I’m betraying someone and without getting tied down. And then you just had to come along and mess it up for me” he complained.

I gave him my worst look, “Well sorry I came between you and your piggish life! Get the hell off me because I am not listening to you anymore!”

I placed my palms against him, shoving him with force. All that anger I had was channelled into my strength and I shoved him off. I was planning to stomp back into camp once I stood up but Kris held me back, grabbing on to my wrist.

“Let me finish!” he retorted. He spun me around. My other arm lashed out, ready to push him away but he claimed that as well in his own palm.

“You never seem to leave my mind. Every time I see you, I can’t take my eyes off of you. Everything about you just charges up my heart and I can’t get it to slow down” he continued. I looked at him, mouth ajar, not knowing what to say or how to react.

My arms relaxed and went limp in his hold.

“I get so freaking mad whenever you laugh and smile with that Woo Jiho guy. That should be me! But I know I stuffed that up. I should have broken up with Mei properly but I thought I would never see her again. That day when she arrived in Incheon, I was going to ask you out on a serious date because I honestly can’t resist you”

I lowered my head in realisation. We could have been together a while ago if it weren’t for Mei. I closed my eyes letting everything sink in. Breathing in and out deeply, I looked back at Kris again.

“What…do you want me to do about it?” I asked calmly. Kris looked startled at my question for a second and thought about it for himself too.

“Tonight...” he said slowly, still thinking while he was speaking, “I’m going to break up with her”

He said it with such determination.

I bit down on my lip, not wanting myself to get too hopeful.

“How can I trust that you will?” I challenged once again with another enquiry.

“I think you should know by now that I like you Hyesu” Kris mumbled out from his lips, the shape of them curling into a sincere smile. He took a small step forward, guiding my arms to rest on his broad shoulders. 

“I know you like me back” He stated, too confidently. I scoffed half-heartedly, “Who’s been informing you of these very horrible lies?”

“Say you do” Kris said softly, lowering his face closer to mine.

“You do” I mocked him. He growled lightly, pulling me abruptly.

“SHE’S OVER HERE!” A voice called.

We both leapt away from each other. My face was flushed for sure; I could feel the heat glowering off of my cheeks.

Min came stumbling through and feigned a look of shock when she saw me far away from the tree. The boys and Mei Lien followed after, looking very confused.

“I thought you said Hyesu was up a tree” Jiho complained, “I wanted to take a picture of that”

Min came over, eyeing me up, “How did you get down weird flying lady?”

I chuckled at her and lightly pinched her arm, making her yelp. “That was more making me climb the tree”

Min rolled her eyes at me, “Please, you did that all by yourself. You could have ignored me but you didn’t did you? Hmph!”

We all got over the tree matter and decided to head back. Mei looked over at me, timidly smiling before lowering her head.

Nightfall came round and Mei had joined me in gathering some firewood for our campfire. She looked around, picking up peices of dry wood.

“Are you having fun?” She asked. I looked over and grinned, “Yeah, it’s okay so far”

“Huh...you and Kris seem to be getting along better...” Mei commented. I momentarily paused when reaching for a piece of wood, but resumed quickly before she could notice.

“Oh...I hadn’t noticed” I answered.

Mei smiled, “It’s not hard for me to notice when your boyfriend is clearly not in love with you anymore but with someone else”

I chewed down on my lips, my eyes closing more a second in guilt.

“There’s no need to act like this is new news” Mei said. “I overheard everything Kris said to you. He’ll break up with me soon, isn’t it?”

I nodded slowly, not daring to look at her heartbroken face.

“Please tell him not to” She requested. I looked at her abruptly, “What do you mean?”

“Hyesu, I love him so much and I know we can work things out if you just leave him alone. I’m begging you. I have loved him for so long, I can’t let him go” She sobbed, her eyes glistening as fresh tears began forming and cascading down her face.

I was uncertain of what to do. I wasn’t great with dealing with crying people.

I was biting down harder on my lips, feeling a stinging at the back of my eyes. Mei was so upset, I couldn’t bear it.

“He’s the only thing I have left it this world” She whispered.



 

What do you think Hyesu should decide??