12

Project Wedding

 

The next time I had Health class, I was pretty sure what would happen. As expected, Kris was sitting on the chair beside mine. Seriously, where is my old desk mate?

Kris smiled as I walked over. He was slumped on his chair with his legs sprawled and his fiddling with a pen.

Ever since that tiny meet with Rina, I realised I had to do something quick to up my game. This lesson would give me that opportunity to do so.

"Good morning Kris" I said cheerily. He nodded, grunting in response.

My bottom lip jutted out in a dejected pout. "That was a lame greeting" I crossed my arms over my chest. Kris turned his attention to me while trying to stop a grin spreading across his lips.

"Hello Hyesu. You're looking cute today" he sang. Without a second to waste, his finger tapped twice against the pout on my lips.

The plan was to be too cute to forget, but Kris always seemed to make me stumble when I least expect it.

I pursed my lips, feeling my face get warmer. I heard him laugh under his breath as our lesson began.

Today, we would be given the baby dolls. The plastic toy sat on our table with a box of its accessories. Kris looked at it like a foreign object.

"So...what do we do?" he asked me. 

"Er..." just as I was about to reach for the doll, it burst to life with its head moving all of a sudden- freaking me out quite a bit- and it started to cry.

My eyes widened. "Oh my god, no don't cry" I panicked. I held the doll in front of me and tried to calm what looked like a girl doll down. She quietened down and I sighed in relief. 

Kris looked at me with a goofy smile, "Hmm, you're good with kids, I should definitely consider you as the mother of my future children"

I looked at him in surprised, "That's a joke right?"

He merely shrugged, "If you want"

Now, what's that supposed to mean?

Before I could say another word, the whole classroom was filled with baby cries and it only triggered the one in my hand to start up again.



Next day at school, I felt horrible. I kept yawning every second and my limbs ached with tiredness. And all because of the devil child in my arms. 

I marched straight up to Kris who was talking to Rina. I could care less.

As soon as he noticed me, he smiled. To his surprise, I shoved the doll in his chest. 

"Take it! I want nothing to do with Satan’s minion here" I cried. He looked confused but held on to it.

"Whoa what happened?" he asked. My mood was quite...difficult at the moment so I may have been a little snippy.

"It kept me awake for most of the night, that's what! And I tried everything to make it stop but that it just wouldn't" I complained, releasing all my frustrations.

 He eyed up my face, probably noticing that eye bags don't suit me. God, I must look ridiculously unattractive right now. Rina must have thought so too judging by her expression.

Holding the baby in his arms, the corners of his lips curled up, "Hyesu, don't be like that to our child"

I pointed an accusing finger at him, "Yah, don't try to charm me with that stupidly awesome smile. If we had a child, I would not want to put them in the garden to sleep"

I my heel and marched away. Sighing loudly, I was relishing in the sound of silence. Well, there wasn’t silence ever in this school but at least no one was crying.

“Hyesu!”

My name was called out and now Kris was by my side.

“Oh?” I made a sound, wondering what he wanted. I managed to throw a glare at the doll in his arms.

We walked in quietness until Kris playfully nudged me with his elbow. “So, do you think about us having children?”

I choked on the air, spluttering in great surprise. My face grew hotter and I hastily denied it all.

“No! What I said before had nothing to do with what you’re suggesting” I explained.

Kris bit down on his lip, smiling foolishly, “Then, you think about the process of us having children.”

My eyes widened up and I was sure my face was glowing with the colour red.

“Kris!” I whined, “Stop assuming”

He laughed heartily, “Fine fine!”

I looked around, realising Rina wasn’t there anymore. “Hey, where’s your friend? Rina right?”

“Er yeah” Kris confirmed, “Yeah, er, she had to go”
 

I nodded slowly and we continued walking to my class. I stopped outside the door and faced him, “Well see you later” I said. Kris smiled one last time and turned.

“Wait, Hyesu” He called after me again.

“Mm?” I answered.

“Next time you take the doll, remember the off switch is on the bottom of his foot” Kris said with a cheeky look on his face.

My face darkened all of a sudden as he dashed away, knowing that I was very much not in the mood at all!

 

When school had finished, I met Min as soon as the bell had rung. She waved me over with a grin.

“I have to stay back afterschool” I informed, “You should go home”

“Oh that’s alright” she said, “Besides, I need to stay back from Maths anyway. Ugh”

We split up and now I was in a paint stained apron in the corridors of the school, trying to put the final touches on a painting that was put up on the wall.

I slowly stepped backwards, attempting to see the whole painting and figure out what else I needed to do.

My back collided with something solid, stopping me in my tracks. “Aah crap” I cursed.

I spun round, seeing Kris smirking subtly at me. I realised he was smirking at the sudden closeness between us.

I jumped back, nervously looking away, “What are you doing here?”

 


 

 

 

BTS {PW}

 

Min: Oh god, can you believe this moron couldn't find the switch!

Hyesu: Hey! It was very dark in my room!

M: Yeah sure. I always knew you were born incompetent

H: Okay Min.

M: Shut up

H: Hi readers! As you can see, it's been a while since this story's been updated but not my fault. Blame Min.

M: Excuse me? Why me exactly?

H: Because I said so

M: You know what, I am si-

H: sick and tired of this behaviour. Meh Meh Meh. You say that a lot

M: Well then, next time I'll get my fist to do the talking

H:

M:

H:

M:

H: Chanyeol's over there! *looks around frantically*

M: WHERE?

H: Bye guys. *runs away*