10

Project Wedding

 

At last, lunch time had arrived and Min and I sat in the cafeteria at one of the rectangular tables with our trays of food, sitting at opposite sides. She stuffed her face with the large pizza as if she had been on a hunger strike. Although, she’d never last in one.

“So,” Min began to speak, gulping down her fizzy drink, “Did you take my advice?”

I nodded eagerly but frowned, “But...he still kept bothering me”

Min smirked lightly, “Let m get this straight, you decide to act unfazed by his unnatural hotness and he pesters you even more.”

I sighed, digging my fork in my pasta and nodded, “Mhm. That’s pretty much it”  

“Do you know what I think?” Min said aloud. I gestured her to continues peaking by raising my brows, “What?”

“Oh never mind!” she blurted in a panic. I was utterly confused by her change in mood.

“What the hell was that?” I insisted to know. That question was answered by the sound of plastic trays, two plastic trays, colliding with the table right beside us.

Chanyeol had situated himself next to Min. He smiled widely, waving ecstatically at Min and I. Mainly Min.  “Hi Chanyeol” Min said in her most charming voice. It was barely seconds before they were engaged in a conversation, absolutely forgetting about their surroundings.

I looked beside me and inevitable, Kris was sat next to me, taking a sip of water from a bottle. He made a small effort to look at me and smile in some sort of greeting before eating his lunch. My eyes were fixated on him for too long. I tried telling myself that my pasta craved undeniable attention from me but of course, my body refused to cooperate.

Kris turned to look at me in question, probably wondering why I was being so creepy. I seem to make a fool of myself more than the average person.

“Hyesu?”

My face lit up as I heard my name be called. “Hm?”

He chuckled at my childish reaction.

“You’re cute too” he said affectionately. His hand rose up without my knowledge and his fingers pinched at my glowing cheeks. I scrunched my nose in disgust. What the hell was this man talking about? I was anything but that.

“No I’m not” I protested and stuffed a forkful of pasta in my mouth to revert back to the ignoring scheme I had initially.

Kris shrugged, “Fine then”

I glanced at him with a frown and rolled my eyes. Weird man indeed.

I suddenly felt him lean closer to me, his lips ghosting against my ear. My body froze and the hairs on my neck rose up in a chill.

“I’ll just call you adorable instead then” he muttered in a low and vibrating voice. A breathy sigh left my lips as he retracted himself away from me and back to his eating. My cheeks were hotter than before and definitely a significant red colour.

I looked up, meeting the eyes of a disapproving Min. I gave her an innocent look; I mean, it wasn’t my fault was it?

She shook her head in dismay and ironically went back to her usual flirty conversation with Chanyeol. Gosh, forever hypocritical.

Kris took a final sip of his water before saying, “For the project, we need to figure out who takes the doll home when”

“I can take it the first day, then you okay?” I proposed. He nodded in agreement.

“It?” He raised an eyebrow, “It is going to be our child”

My eyes flared in bewilderment and I was sure I made a noise of a squealing pig. Our child? The sentence just repeated over and over in my head and each time it sounded more ludicrous.

Kris laughed in amusement. A slender finger poked my slightly chubby cheeks and said, “You’re blushing Hyesu”

“Er...” I had no words to say and quickly covered my face with my palms. “What are you talking about? I don’t blush!” I exclaimed.

I wouldn’t be getting any help from min because the traitor was ignoring me for Chanyeol. Kris pulled my hands but my head was lowered so out eyes would not meet at all.

“Kris oppa!” a high pitched voice squealed in delight. I looked up in surprised as a female student came bouncing towards the table we were sitting on. Kris’ smile faltered for a second when our eyes met but he reinforced it back on and greeted the girl.

“Hey Rina” he said. The girl beamed happily and finally noticed I was there, “Oh hello...”

I gave a tight smile, soon realising that she was making repetitive glanced at Kris’ hand. He was still holding both of my hands in his. Slowly I pulled away, which made Kris recognize the position we were still in.

“Er, Rina, this is Hyesu. Hyesu, Rina” He introduced us both. “Rina is in my Literature class”

“Nice to meet you” I said politely to the girl. She returned the favour and gave all her attention to Kris.

“Me and some friends are going to the arcade after school. Do you want to join?” Rina said hopefully. Her whole body language made it obvious that she really wanted him to agree.

Kris nervously scratched the back of his head, “Yeah sure, why not?”

Rina smiled widely, “That’s great! We’ll meet up at the school gates”

After settling that, she left with a mad wave of her hand. Through that time, I had managed to finish off my plate of food. I got up to put my tray away, feeling...something.

I don’t know but I had this inexplicable feeling within me that made me want to make a fist and use it. Maybe I’m just irritated at myself.

Kris had only done the same as me, placing his tray away with mine. I was planning to go back and sit down but then that would mean sitting with Kris and right now, I was feeling very confused about this person.

“Um, I just remembered I have a Maths catch up lesson this lunch so I shall see you later” I lied to Kris. He simply nodded, “Alright, I’ll see you”

I hastily walked away, going in the opposite direction to the Maths department. I was going to need a whole new plan if I intended on Kris being my husband!

------------------------------------------

Hullo dudes~

In the next month, It will be hard for me to update as much

BUT I think I may find a loop hole and still be able to update often so dont worry. i just wanted to warn you all.

 

How are you feeling about this story so far? Criticism is welcome.