A Surprise

Coincidence

 

You yawned as you woke up from your slumber. Your bed hair was bad. You looked like you had just been swept into a tornado and ended back in your house. *Ahhhh… the weekends… I have missed you* You yawned again and dragged your feet down the stairs. "Mum… Dad..." You looked up to find a note on the table beside a bowl of rice, kimchi and water. You picked up the note and focused hard to read the letter because your eyes were blurry. ~~~~~-ah, your dad and me are off on our anniversary! We are off to Jeju Island, my dream place! I have made breakfast for you! I have arranged Mr and Ms No to prepare your meals so feel free to pop over whenever you're feeling hungry!  Saranghae!-Mum and Dad. Your mouth dropped and you gave a big sigh. *Oh god…. They've left me again...* Your parents did this every year but you always forget that you are going to be left alone. You looked over to corner where you've successfully hid their anniversary present. *I suppose I give that to them when they come home* You sat down and quickly gobbled up your breakfast. *Ahhh.. Mum's homemade kimchi is the best. Daebak!* You smiled and went your laptop.

 

You were surfing the big world of the Internet when your phone rang. *Hm? Who's calling me? It's not even 10am yet...* You looked at the caller ID and you almost fell off your chair. Minwoo! Minwoo was calling you. You quickly sat back onto the chair and you cleared your throat. Finally, you answered the phone. "Hello?" you tried to say in the smoothest voice you could.

 

"~~~~~-ah!"

 

You chuckled at his energetic voice in the morning. *Where does he get all that energy from?* "Yes, Minwoo-ah. It's me. Why are you calling?" You were wondering why Minwoo had called you. Maybe he was calling you to ask you on a date! As soon as that thought passed your head, you returned back to reality. *Get real, Kim ~~~~~. Now way would a kingka like him have any kind of special feelings for you.. He's just being nice.* "Are you free today?" Your heart skipped a beat. You weren't expecting that question. Now, your voice was becoming shaky. "Y-yes I am. W-waeyo?" You were anticipating what he had said next. "Ah, its nothing. Bye!" And he hung up. Your shoulders deflated and you slumped down on your chair. *Babo. Stop expecting that Minwoo is going to ask you out. You will only feel sad afterwards like now.* You sighed and your phone beeped. It was a message from an unknown number. *Who is it now?* You didn't feel like opening your phone but you did anyway. Come to the Namsan Tower at 12pm. You were puzzled. Who was this message from and why did he/she want to meet you. You thought about going but the back of your mind was pestering you. *Yah, Kim ~~~~~ are you crazy?! The person could be a bad stranger or a criminal. Think of the possibilities!* You thought about it again but you decided to go anyway. *If it is a bad person, I'll just do my awesome karate moves on that person* You had learned a bit of karate a few years back. While your moves were a bit stiff, you could still hit your target. Well, sometimes.

 

You opened your wardrobe and wondered what you should wear today. You decided to wear a pastel yellow baby doll dress with a thin brown belt. You tied up your hair and put a simple hairband on top. You chose a light blue and green shoulder bag and light pink flats with spots. *I'm going for a nice, spring themed look today!* You liked to dress in themes. It kind of gave you an idea of how you would want to dress. You looked at your alarm clock. 11am. *Ah, I'm not late. So I can take my times getting to Namsan Tower.* You took one last look at the mirror and you walked out the door.

 

The sun's rays were bouncing off your face and the weather was nice. *A perfect day for going out~* You breathed in the air and sighed. Today felt great. It was one of those days where you feel like you can do anything. You were walking by yourself when a man come up to you and gave you a red balloon. You took it and he quickly walked away. "Umm, what is this?" you called after him but he had hurriedly scurried away. You looked up at the shining red balloon. *How come he gave me a red balloon? Is it some kind of promotion?* You shrugged and kept on walking. Soon, a little boy came up to you and gave you a blue balloon this time. You took it again and the boy ran away. You were really confused and started to walk slower. Suddenly, a bunch of people walked up to you and gave you a balloon. When you had finished taking the balloons (with much difficulty) you looked at the bundle of balloons that you were holding. There was a range of colours. Purple, pink, white, you name the colour, it was in your hand. Some people had started to look your way. *Seriously, why did all those people give me these balloons? What kind of promotion is this?* You kept on walking when a woman came up to you. *What is it this time?* There was no balloon in her hand but instead, there was a fancy looking invitation. She handed it to you and you took it. "Thank you-" You haven't even finished your sentence when started to power-walk away. You quickly read the note. Come to the top of the Namsan Tower. When you arrive, release the balloons and let them fly away into the sky it read. You looked up. The Namsan Tower was just in front. *Waah~! It is soo pretty~!* You smiled and quickly walked to the top of the tower.

 

When you arrived, there was no one to be seen. *Huh? Why is it empty. Normally, it'd be swarming with couples...* You walked into the middle of the tower and got ready to release the balloons. *But these balloons are so pretty, it'd be a waste to let them go… But, it would be a pretty sight to see* You let go of the balloons and you saw lots of colour fly into the air. The balloons were getting smaller and smaller. Your eyes were so trained on the balloons that you didn't even see a male stand behind you. "You've arrived! I'm so happy." You quickly turned around but the sun was facing your way. You put your hand over your eyes and you took a few seconds to see who the stranger was. He was tall and wearing a formal black suit. His hair was a pretty brown and it glistened in the light. His face was becoming clearer now and you could start to make out what he looked like. He looked very familiar. He had sharpish face. In fact he looked like your neighbour Minwoo-. *Wait a minute… Is that.. It can't be...*

 

"M-minwoo oppa?!" you shouted. He gave his signature laugh and he stepped closer to you. You blushed and looked down. "W-what are you doing here?" you started to stammer a bit and you hope that he didn't hear it. "~~~~~-ah, I want to take you to a restaurant! A 5-star one!" You started to nod. *Oooh, he's going to take me to a 5-star restaurant- HE'S GOING TO TAKE ME TO A 5-STAR RESTAURANT?!OH MY GOD!* "A 5-STAR RESTAURANT?!" you shrieked. Sure you've heard all about how classy and beautiful  5-star restaurants were but you also knew that they were friggin expensive! They charge you about $150 sometimes for a piece of small steak. You were getting ready to reject him when he bowed down and held out his hand. He looked up and in his charming voice said "Please, let me be your for today." You could have fainted right there. But, it wasn't very ladylike to faint there so you slowly placed your hand gently onto his. He held your hand and led you away from the tower.

 

-----------------------------------------------

So SORRY! I KNOW IT HAS BEEN AGES SINCE I'VE UPDATED. BUT PLEASE ENJOY THIS LONG ONE THIS AUTHOR-SSI HAS PREPARED FOR ALL YOU LOVELY SUBSCIBERS! Have fun! ;D