Jealousy

Coincidence

 

Walking home from school wasted one hour of your teenage life. Normally, it would've  taken you 20 minutes to walk home but with thoughts of Minwoo and Nana getting back together really slowed you down. Dragging your feet and holding your heavy bag in your hand, you kept on crying. Even though your hand was screaming to you that it was hurting from carrying the bag for too long, your feelings suppressed the pain. When you were near your home, you fell down and scraped your knee. Blood was making its way to the concrete but the pain didn't get to you. You simply got up, picked up your bag and kept on walking home.

 

When you were in front of your house, you stood outside and observed Minwoo's house for a moment. You tried to look inside Minwoo's bedroom but the curtains were closed. *Minwoo oppa… Please… Please don't get back with Nana… Even thinking about it makes my heart brake so please… look at me… and forget about Nana...*.

 

Arriving at school, you felt like a brick. You felt depressed, heavy and you had no energy WHATSOEVER! You walked past Boyfriend's sasaeng fans and occasionally, one of them would give you a dirty look that in girl language, would translate to 'I-still-haven't-forgotten-about-what-you-have-done-so-you-better-watch-out'. Somehow, you have learnt to ignore them (probably because you had gotten so many when Minwoo had lost his memory).

 

You sat down and waited for Lizzy to arrive. Ten minutes had past and still no sign of Lizzy. *Where is she? Lizzy's never late to school… Well at least I've never seen her late...*. A few seconds later, Lizzy popped up from behind you and you screamed whilst falling backwards and landing -painfully- on your bottom.

 

"Lizzy~!" you moaned and you stood up, your bottom throbbing from the relationship you just had with Mr Ground. Your best friend gasped and quickly linked arms with you, just in case if you fell down again for some unknown reason. Probably because Mr Ground has taken a liking to you- I mean Miss Bottom.

 

"Oh mai gosh, I am SO sorry! I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to give you a well, SURPRISE!" Lizzy said. You looked at her with one of your eyebrows raised. Lizzy quickly looked around, flung her arms up high and shouted "SURPRISE!". You managed a small laugh and then you sat down, sitting next to Lizzy.

 

Your heart were full of theories about Minwoo and Nana that you just wanted to spill them all out instead of bottling them up, making you feel very uncomfortable. You have been forcing the lid of your heart to stay on but now, you just couldn't take it anymore. You turned to Lizzy and spilled out all the theories that had been eating away at your heart like termites. "Lizzy, do you think Minwoo oppa and Nana will get back together? I mean, what happen if they do? Will Minwoo just ignore me like how he did a couple of months ago?" you said.

 

You could see that Lizzy was trying to calm you down but nothing was going to stop you from letting loose your confused feelings. "Ever since Minwoo and Nana made eye contact the day before yesterday, Minwoo oppa had been ignoring me and just… I don't know… STARES off in space. I don't know if he is starting to like Nana again but I really hope not. I REALLY hope not. But for some reason, I feel scared that maybe Minwoo might leave me for her!" you shouted.

 

Lizzy was staring at you with her eyes bulging out. You were huffing from speaking for too long without breathing and you were trying to catch your breath. The friend that was sitting in front of you was looking at you with the warm eyes that you would see from your mother. "~~~~~-ah… Its been tough on you for the last few days hasn't it?" Lizzy asked. Her voice was soft and then she hugged you, trying to comfort you. "Come on, let it out. It doesn't feel nice to keep it all in so if you want to, tell me. And let those tears fall where they may. You'll feel all better once you do" said Lizzy.

 

A few seconds passed and you were crying on Lizzy's shoulder, telling her your theories in between coughs and tears. The waterworks kept on coming and you hugged Lizzy even tighter. While you were crying, Lizzy was listening to your stories and nodding but she didn't say anything. *Aigoo, my friend. I didn't know that you were feeling so much pain… I'm sorry that I didn't realise earlier…*. For the rest of the morning, you were making Lizzy's jumper wet but Lizzy didn't mind. She was your back, comforting you just a bit more.

 

After finishing multiple worksheets from Biology, you were ready for a break. But doing all that work had let you forget about Minwoo and Nana, even if its just for an hour. At lunch, you sat down with Lizzy  

at your "hangout" now that it isn't really secret anymore (well at least to you).

 

Everyone was munching on their lunch and chatting away happily. Jeongmin and Kwangmin were talking about toys while Hyunseong, Donghyun and Youngmin spoke about the latest movie. It was quite loud but that was how you liked it. A happy atmosphere with everyone getting along. When you've finished your sandwich, you looked around at the happy scene once more. But, your eyes landed on the empty space next to Donghyun. *Hey… Where's Minwoo? Is he still buying his lunch?*. You thought for a while and then you let out a small laugh. *If he IS by himself then he must have a very hard time fending off those fan girls. I guess it's time for Super ~~~~~ to the rescue!*.

 

You excused yourself from the group and took your time going to the canteen. Thinking about Minwoo getting mobbed by all those girls with freshly done manicures made you laugh. Even though laughing about it probably wasn't very nice, you couldn't help it. You walked to the canteen with echoes of laughter following you. Students around you looked at you weirdly and gave you a look that seemed to say "Is that girl okay? Cause she seems a bit strange and well… WEIRD!". But you ignored them and skipped the rest of the way.

 

However, once you reached the canteen maybe it wasn't a good idea after all. Everything was quite opposite to what you were originally imagining. The canteen was empty, not a person to be seen. And instead of Minwoo being mobbed by screaming girls, he was facing just one person - Nana. You unconsciously clenched your teeth and hand. Just even looking at her set you off. Cho Nana didn't even have to raise a finger and you would get angry. And what happened next was the wrong thing to do.

 

You stomped over to them and pushed Nana away. But even though you knew it wasn't right, your body kept on saying 'GO!'. "You… what are you doing here?! You don't even have a RIGHT to talk to Minwoo since you did something so horrible. Plus, why did you come back to this school, huh?! There are tons of better schools out there with better interiors and pretty chandeliers so why bother coming to a school like this? Was it to try to flirt your way back to Minwoo? Tell me, is it?!" you growled.

 

In the distance, you heard Minwoo's voice but you couldn't understand what he was saying because at that time your fury consumed your body and your senses were all fuzzy except for your mouth. "Go away, Cho Nana. Get out of this school and DON'T EVER COME BACK!" you screamed.

 

"ENOUGH, KIM ~~~~~!"  shouted Minwoo.

 

He grabbed your hand and pulled you away from Nana. His grip was firm and it hurt you a bit but you didn't say anything. You both arrived at a classroom when Minwoo pushed away your hand. "Yah, Kim ~~~~~! What do you thing you were doing, screaming at Nana like that? She didn't even do anything to you!" he shouted. You stared at him. Weren't you doing a good-ish thing and trying to protect him from the grasp of Cho Nana?

 

"What are you saying, Minwoo? Can't you tell, she was trying to get back with you! Nana keeps on talking with you in private conversations so I was only trying to help. I just don't want anything bad to happen again!" you protested. Minwoo shook his head.

 

"Well, stop trying! Nana was only asking me about any assignments she missed. She wasn't even batting her eyelashes and she used to do that all the time! Kim ~~~~~, you've gone too far today! You acted like you were jealous of her or something! Next time, don't even think about bad mouthing Nana again" Minwoo said sternly and he walked away.

 

*What? Did Minwoo just… told me off for talking bad about Cho Nana?! Fine! If he wants to be with her then okay, I don't care. He better not come to me if something terrible happens cause I won't be there for him!*. The bell rang and you stomped off to get your bag. But somehow, your heart felt confused and hurt from being lectured like that. Minwoo had never spoken to you like that before. *Jealous? How can I be jealous of HER?! Hmmph, see if I ever talk to her again!*.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, subbies.

Sorry about the delay, I was quite busy in my life. If you are enjoying my chapters even more because of no spelling errors then YAY! Haha. Enjoy the sunlight and weather, everybody~