The Invitation

Coincidence

You stood in front of your house feeling hopeless. *Aish… I should've apologized to Minwoo at school today… Maybe I should knock on his door or something. Man, Lizzy's right. I can't even ignore Minwoo for a few minutes. It so hard! It's-* but you quickly saw some arms and they wrapped around your waist tightly. At first you thought it was a kidnapper so you were scared and you shut your eyes when you felt like his was going to threaten you while whispering into your ear. But when you heard that person's voice, you relaxed and felt happy at his hug.

 

"~~~~~-ah, I'm sorry for shouting at you so loud yesterday… You probably would've been shocked, right? Sorry, I guess having Nana coming back to school ready clouded up my thoughts. But I won't do that anymore. You'll forgive me right?" asked Minwoo sweetly. You remained quiet and didn't answer. You quickly turned around and stared at him with angry eyes.

 

"YAH!" you shouted. Minwoo jumped. He looked shocked and scared and… well, shocked. "Why would you even say that?! You think that you saying that would solve everything?!" you continued on. Minwoo looked at you and couldn't believe that you were shouting. You never shout. Well, at least he has never seen you do it.

 

"The one who should say sorry is… me" you said softly. Minwoo's eye softened and he looked at you tenderly. "Sorry, Minwoo-ah. I didn't mean to push and shout at Nana. I guess I kind of overreacted then. I won't do it again, I promise! So… friends?" you asked. Minwoo stared at you and stepped closer. At that moment, you were only a feet away from each other and you started getting butterflies in your stomach. You tried to keep a calm expression but your mind was like a hundred dynamite blowing up at the same time.

 

*OMAIGOSHHHHHHHHHH! HE'S SO CLOSE TO ME! ACK! I'VE ONLY SEEN SCENES LIKE THESE IN THE DRAMAS I WATCH. FIRST, HE GETS CLOSE AND THEN… KYAA~!*. Your mind was going crazy but one part of your brain knew that what you wanted wasn't going to happen. He smiled that 'oh-so-amazing' smile and took a step back.

 

"Yeah, of course I forgive you. You're my very good friend AND you're my neighbour. If I had to not talk to you for eternity then that would be… horrible" and he gazed into your eyes with sincerity. "I will never -at least try not to- fight with you again, okay?" said Minwoo and he held up his hand with his pinkie sticking out. You smiled and linked your pinkie with his and you two sealed the deal by stamping with your thumbs.

 

You both returned home and Minwoo smiled as he flopped onto the sofa. *Not being able to talk to you even for a few minutes is hard. Did you know how painful it was for me at school when we wouldn't talk to each other. I hope that will never happen again since… you're the one I treasure most and that will never change.*

 

Waking up, you felt refreshed and happy. "Mm… Minwoo and I aren't awkward anymore, yippee! I can't wait to talk to him at school!" you shouted and you jumped off your bed and skipped downstairs. Even thinking of Minwoo made you more happier than winning a billion dollars. "Morning, Mum! Where's Dad?" you asked. Your mum was still cooking breakfast. "He's gone to work, honey. His boss needed him for some urgent meeting" she replied. You nodded and bounced onto the wooden seat.

 

After you finished eating, your phone started to ring. *Hm? Who's ringing me so early in the morning?* You jumped out of your chair and picked up the phone. "Yeoboseyo?"

 

"I've warned you once and I will not do it again. Do not get close to him or you will pay the price" and the person hung up.

 

You looked at your phone with a confused look. "So many scamming calls these days" you muttered and  put your phone back on the table to resume with your eating. The person who called you looked at their master and shook his head, saying that you did not listen to him. The master smiled evilly and thought about what to do with the girl. *She's going down…*

 

You and Minwoo walked together to school, talking and laughing about whatever came to mind. For the fifth time, you hands bumped into each other. And because of that, your words started to turn into gibberish and you started to get really nervous but  happy at the same time. *OMIGOSH! OUR HANDS JUST TOUCHED EACH OTHER FOR THE FIFTH TIME ALREADY!!! I'm going crazy… Imagine if we actually started to hold hands… OMAIGOSH~!*

 

While you were so busy thinking about holding hands with your hot crush, Minwoo was looking at you. *Our hands has touched for the fifth time… I really want to hold it… her hand...*. Then, a light bulb switched on in Minwoo's head. *Maybe there's a way...*. Minwoo pretended to check the time on his watch-less wrist and gasped. "Woah! We're late! Let's go, ~~~~~-ah!" shouted Minwoo and he grabbed your hand tight.

 

You jumped slightly and as soon as you snapped back to reality, you were being dragged to school by Minwoo. However none of that didn't matter, not when Minwoo was holding your hand. You blushed slightly but smiled because of the skin ship. Minwoo smiled as he held your soft hand. *Her hand is so soft… I want to hold her hand without any excuses though. Like a man, grip it tight and walk through the streets of Seoul. But… I guess this is okay since she's by my side*.

 

You and Minwoo arrived at school with your hands holding each other tightly. Several people looked your way and gasped at the sight of you two together and some even gave you the dirtiest look their eyes can manage. But your eyes were glued on Minwoo's hand holing yours. *OMGOMGOMG! Okay, breathe… Inhale, exhale...*. As you were calming yourself down, you were surprised when Minwoo let go of your hand.

 

"~~~~~-ah! I need to go to Mr Song to ask him about our assignment so I'll see you later okay?" said Minwoo as he took off to Mr Song's office. You stood there, not knowing what to do since Minwoo had left when suddenly, you felt a nudge on your arm and you spun around, being face-to-face with Lizzy.

 

"Yah, I saw that! You and Minwoo were holding hands~! So what, are you officially a couple now?" Lizzy teased. You tried to give her the best 'Of-course-not-what-are-you-thinking' face but Lizzy knew better than that. "So it's true, Minwoo DOES like you! Woah ~~~~~-ah, you are AMAZING!" exclaimed Lizzy. You playfully punched her on the arm.

 

"Hey, lower your volume please. When I walked in this morning, there were girls who looked like they wanted to eat me and I assure you, I do NOT want to be eaten. I'M NOT TASTY!" you said. Lizzy said nothing and just gave you a smile. You rolled your eyes and linked arms with your best friend. "Come on, let's go hangout with Boyfriend~" you said, skipping with Lizzy to join your fellow good-looking friends.

 

During Commerce class, all you were doing was staring at Minwoo. *Wow… He's perfect and I still can't believe he held my hand this morning. My hand! It feels like a dream* and when Minwoo looked at you, your heart skipped a beat and… why was everyone looking at you? You looked around and every students' eyes were staring at you. *Okay… what's going on…?*

 

You looked up at the teacher and she stared at you too but her look seemed to say 'Hello?'. Finally, you spoke and a "What?" popped out of your mouth. "Miss Kim, I said 'What would happen to India if their economy fell?'" the teacher repeated sternly. "U-um… They'll be in danger…?" you said quietly.

 

"It's would be best if you had listen, Miss Kim. Well class, let's get on with the next topic" continued the teacher. You drooped down in your hard and wooden seat. *Aish… I made such a fool of myself in front of not only the whole class, but in front of Minwoo oppa too! Ah, I'm thinking too much about what happened this morning. Get a hold of yourself, Kim ~~~~~!* and you gave yourself a mental slap across your face.

 

When the school bell rang meaning that it was time to go home, you gave a contented sigh. "Finally, time to go home and rest..." you breathed. As you were packing up the last of your books, a girl came up to you and put a letter on your table. "Hey. Minwoo asked me to hand this to you. Bye" said the girl and she ran off.

 

"Minwoo gave this to me? I wonder what it's about?" you muttered while opening the fancy looking letter.

 

Dear ~~~~~.

Hey, how's it going? Your face was quite amusing during Commerce class. Haha. Well, I have something really important I want to talk to you about so can you meet me in the teacher's staffroom? Don't worry, I've checked it and it's empty. Perfect for telling you something. I look forward to seeing you there.  :D

 

From Minwoo.

 

P.S. Come by yourself. I might feel embarrassed if anyone else is around.

 

You smiled after reading the letter. *Ah… Minwoo oppa is so CUTE! But, I wonder what he wanted to tell me… Maybe… MAYBE A CONFESSION?!* you thought. As you were walking to the staffroom, a smile crept onto your face and you felt all tingly inside. "What happens if he does confess? How will I respond?          Of course it's going to be a 'yes' but how do I say it? I guess I will just say whatever pops into my head" you muttered.

 

At last you arrived at the staffroom door and before you opened it, you felt so nervous. Your palms were sweating and you couldn't think straight. Then, to calm yourself down, you took a few deep breaths. On the fifth one, you put your hand on the doorknob and twisted it for the door to open. *Here goes nothing!*

 

As you entered, you expected to see Minwoo standing by himself looking slightly nervous. But all you saw was a chair facing the opposite way and a few girls who looked really tough and mean. One girl had a tattoo of a dragon covering her right arm and another one had scars all over her legs. You were confused about what was happening. *Where is Minwoo and who are these girls?*

 

After a few seconds the chair spun around and there sat Cho Nana, looking straight at you.

 

"Welcome, Kim ~~~~~" smirked Cho Nana.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACK! Donghyun likes you and ACK! What is Nana doing there? Where is my Minwoo oppa~~~?

Hey, yo, wassup subbies~

I HAVE UPDATED, YES! It is looking ugly at the moment. Evil Nana. Why did you come back to my school? Anyways, what do you think will happen to you and where is Minwoo?