Big Finale

Coincidence

 

Gasps were heard in every direction and people started to talk to the person next to them about what Minwoo has just said. You were very shocked to hear that he was going to confess to someone as well. "I can't believe he's going to confess in front of the whole school..." whispered Lizzy. You nodded, agreeing with her.

 

"You see, everyone. I like this one girl..." started Minwoo. But he was then interrupted by girls screaming and shouting "What?!" or "It's probably going to be me!". Lizzy looked around in shock and whispered into your ear. "Some girls are already convinced it's them… And when he drops the bombshell that he doesn't like them, they're going to need top treatment at the hospital for their broken hearts!".

 

You smiled but felt kind of  uneasy. You have feelings for Minwoo, no doubt about it. But what does he think of you? Suddenly, you remembered the confession Minwoo gave you the day Nana invited you to a private torture session. *That possibly can't be a real confession. Like I said before, it was a prank that was suppose to chase Nana away, and it worked! But was…. Was it actually real? Could Minwoo oppa actually… like me? For who I am? Well, I guess I'll find out today.*

 

After the chatter had died down, Minwoo started on his confession speech again. "As I just said, I like this one girl… But the funny thing is, I've never really took interest in girls much before. And like any other day, I just saw a girl needing help  at the library. At first I didn’t think much about her. Sure, she was pretty and everything but to me, she seemed like every other girl I see at school…."

 

You gasped and remembered the time when Minwoo had helped you get a book at the library. *Is he talking about that time? The time when he helped me get a book? So… this confession is directed at….* you thought but quickly shook that thought away. *No, don't jump to conclusions just yet. I still believe that Minwoo oppa has more to say...*

 

"But suddenly, we became neighbours and she came over to my house for a simple dinner. I told her all my secrets and she listened to me. She didn't scream my name nor did she pretend to faint. She just listened to me as if I was one of her best friends. And after that, we went… on a date to Lotte World where… my feelings for her started to appear. She's fun to be with, she's a good listener and she's treats me… like I'm a normal person and not some popular kingka at school. Sure, she can be a little bit jealous when I talk to other girls but… that's what I find cute about her..." said Minwoo sheepishly.

 

When he had finished speaking that, your eyes widened and your mind was a complete mess. *Omo… So that confession… that confession was actually true? It wasn't a joke just to make Nana get out of my school?*. Then, a smile crept up onto your lips and you look straight up at Minwoo. "This guy… really knows how to confess to a girl..." you muttered.

 

"But did you know? The girl I like is really… really… CLUELESS!" shouted Minwoo. You were taken aback by his sudden loud and angry tone.

 

*I'm… I'm clueless...? Gee, nice confession, oppa. Ha… But why am I clueless?! I can be smart when I put my mind to it! I think...*

 

Minwoo looked directly at you and saw your scrunched up expression. He smiled and decided to explain

to you why you were so clueless. "Let me tell you why she is so clueless. I try to tell and show her indirectly that I like her. For example, I hold her hand but I cover it up with a lie like being late to school. I even confessed to her but she laughed it off as a joke. Believe me, no girl has ever done that before. I don’t know how to make her get that I LIKE her! It's so frustrating!" complained Minwoo.

 

The school started to laugh in disbelief and you wanted to just crawl into a hole and stay there for eternity. "So saying that we were going to be late to school was actually a lie? I actually thought that we might've needed to get to school early..." you muttered.

 

Lizzy stared at you in disbelief. "She's so slow..."

 

Minwoo continued on with his confession show and it was about time for the . "So my hyung told me that if I wanted to make her know that I actually want to be her boyfriend, I must do the confession in a straightforward way. And this, is my straightforward confession to that clueless girl" explained Minwoo.

 

Then, he disappeared from the 1st level and people started to wonder where he had gone after making that big speech. A few seconds later, he had entered the quad and was holding something that looked like an exquisite violet fabric box.

 

Now, everyone's eyes was on Minwoo and when he was trying to walk somewhere, the people in front of him made a perfect path for Minwoo to go through. You could see people's heads move sideways and before you know it, Minwoo was standing in front of you.

 

You stared at Minwoo and felt slightly self-conscious now that everyone was looking at you. But that didn't seem to bother Minwoo and he took a step closer. Your heart began to beat faster and although you felt like running away, somehow, your heart told you to stay.

 

"Kim ~~~~~, the clueless girl that I was talking about just then was you. You're the one that makes life bearable and you're the one that I always think and worry about" said Minwoo. Then, he held out the box to you and opened it.

 

Inside, was a silver ring that gleamed in the sunlight. The ring sat still, kept up by the surrounding fabric. But when you took a closer look, you could see some words engraved on the outside and the inside. On the outside, it said Minwoo and ~~~~~ but on the inside, it read Now that you're wearing this ring, you're mine forever! Haha~

 

You smiled at the ring and then at Minwoo. He held up his hand and you saw that he was already wearing the couple ring. "Will you accept this?" asked Minwoo.

 

You pretended to think for a minute. "Hm… should I?" you said teasingly. Minwoo started to look sad and when you couldn't stand his sad face for another second, you nodded.

 

"Yes, I do accept it!" you said happily.

 

Minwoo fist-punched the air and shouted "YES!". You laughed and all of a sudden, you were being hugged by Minwoo and he started to spin you around. You hugged him back and when the both of you had finished hugging, the whole was clapping for the new couple. You were surprised to see the girls that had given you death-stares clap and look sincerely happy. A proud Jeongmin nudged Donghyun.

 

"Look, our Minwoo has all grown up! I taught him everything he knows" said Jeongmin in a motherly tone. Donghyun just chuckled and gave Jeongmin the thumbs-up.

 

You slipped on the ring and it shone in the light. "This is the best! Thank you, Minwoo oppa~" you shouted over the applause. The sweet school couple looked at their matching rings and smiled at each other.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoo! Two chapters in a day, now that's rare since I'm kinda busy with work….

But because I felt that as an author, I need to be committed to my awesome subscribers!

I feel happy!~ YEAH!

OMG, I want a couple ring from Minwoo too~! ><