Not Talking to You

Coincidence

 

You stuck your head out of the door and peered around. No sight of Minwoo. *Perfect. Now I don't have to walk to school feeling weird and awkward!*. You smiled and walked out. "Bye!" you shouted to your parents and you listened to their answers before closing the door. It was a great day with the sun shining and little clouds floating above. You breathed in the chill morning air and exhaled. "Such a great start to my morning. Why would you need coffee when you have the beautiful weather to wake you up?".

 

You started walking but then you heard a click and you knew what that sound was. That sound meant that Minwoo was coming out and you had 5 seconds of head start if you wanted to avoid him. So you gripped your schoolbag tighter and bolted through the neighbourhood, hoping that Minwoo hadn't seen you. However, he did see you and he felt bad. *Did I shout at ~~~~~ too loud yesterday? I should've controlled myself! I have never spoken to her in that tone of voice… Really, No Minwoo get it together!*. He pinched his cheeks and walked to school.

 

Arriving at school huffing quite loudly, you scanned the area for Lizzy. Near the end of the oval, you spotted her, sipping on what seemed like a hot chocolate. "She's here on time today..." you muttered, still out of breath from running all the way to school. You walked over, took her drink and drank some. Lizzy stared at you with her eyes wide and you returned the drink back to her hand. "Thanks for the drink!" you said cheerfully.

 

"Your welcome..." muttered Lizzy, looking at the hot chocolate. Then, she turned to you and looked at you for a while. You started to feel uncomfortable with her looking so intensely at you. "Hey, are you okay?" asked Lizzy. You nodded carefully and smiled. *Should I tell Lizzy about what happened? I don't know*.

 

Then, Lizzy pointed to the gate and you saw Minwoo pop out and look around. "Hey Min-" shouted Lizzy but you quickly covered and pushed her around a corner where he couldn't see you. Lizzy was trying to talk but you placed your hand firmly on . You carefully popped your head around and just in time, you saw Minwoo go to the hangout.

 

Letting go of Lizzy, you sighed and sat down. Your best friend frowned and crouched down beside you. "Hey, why did you do that? Normally, you would be psyched to see Minwoo oppa. Wait… Did something happen?" asked Lizzy suspiciously. You shook your head but Lizzy gave you THE look and you knew you couldn't lie to her.

 

"Well..." you started. Lizzy started to lean closer like you were about to tell her the biggest secret of your life. "I saw Minwoo talking to Nana yesterday and I pushed her away while telling her to get away from this school..." you said, staring at the floor. Lizzy smiled and placed her hands on your shoulders.

 

"You go girl! I would never be able to do something like that. You really plucked up your courage, didn't you? I'm so proud of my best friend, I could give you a billion dollars- not that I actually will but you get the point" Lizzy said.

 

You shook your head sadly. "No, Lizzy, that was the wrong thing to do. After I finished screaming at Nana, Minwoo pulled me away to tell me that I should never bad mouth her again..." you sighed. Lizzy's eyebrows shot up like a rocket. She opened to speak but at that moment, no words came out. She looked like a doll on display.

 

"Wait, so Minwoo oppa told you off for trying to protect him from Nana?" Lizzy asked. You nodded, still looking down at the ground. "Wah… I can't believe Minwoo took her side in front of you…" she said quietly. "So what are you going to do now? Are you going to talk to him or are you going to… not talk to him for now?" Lizzy asked.

 

You thought about it for while. *Ignoring Minwoo? I don't ever think I could it for more than a day but I'm scared… Scared that he will shout at me for talking about Nana in that way. Maybe I should just ignore him for today. Yeah, that seems like the way to go* . "I'm going to ignore Minwoo but JUST for today" you told Lizzy. She looked at you and you knew that she didn't believe you could ignore your crush for more than a few minutes. But you were determined to do this task and you will see it to the end.

 

In class, the teacher was droning on and on about some molecule that does some special thing that you didn't really care about. In your head, you were thinking about how to ignore Minwoo. *How should I ignore him? Do I turn my back to him or something? Ah, this is hopeless. I've never ignored Minwoo before in my life… excluding this morning so… WHAT SHOULD I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!*. And at that moment, you heard the teacher call your name.

 

"Kim ~~~~~, would you mind getting the science textbooks from the staffroom? Hmm, since they're quite heavy I'll ask someone to assist you" said the teacher and he started to scan around for the victim that will carry the heaviest books anyone has ever carried. You started to panic when he look in Minwoo's direction. *Please not Minwoo, please not Minwoo!* you pleaded desperately.

 

"…How about you, Minwoo?"

 

Bang. That was the sound of your jaw bungee-jumping into the ground without the harness. Minwoo nodded and stood up, ready to leave to classroom. Before you left, you silently death-stared at the teacher for doing this to you and off you were to retrieve the textbooks… with Minwoo. What a great start to your 'I'm-going-to-ignore-Minwoo-for-today' day.

 

Both of you entered the silent staffroom. The lights were off so that added to the spookiness. On the way, neither of you talked to each other so the atmosphere was filled with awkwardness and you couldn't wait to get this over and done with. Minwoo walked in first and you followed after him. He spotted the books quickly and signalled to you that it was on the desk. They were perfectly spilt in half. *Perfect, now we won't need to spend more time to halve the books. Yay!* and you did a mental happy dance.

 

Minwoo walked over and picked up the books like they were bags of feather. He made it look so easy! You, on the other hand had so much trouble in picking the books up. You could feel that Minwoo was waiting patiently behind and you begged your arms to give your some kind of miracle power that would allow you to pick the books with ease. A few moments passed and you admit, no powers appeared at all.

 

Suddenly, an arm appeared in front of you and grabbed a couple of the books. You looked up and Minwoo added the books to his pile. "Lets go" he said quietly and left. You picked up the remaining books with a grunt and quickly scattered after Minwoo. You were about to thank him but he had opened the door to the classroom already. *Aish, my timing is so bad...*.

 

You put distributed the remaining books to the students and you went back to your seat. Turning the page to Chapter 23, you thought about what Minwoo did in the staffroom. Minwoo had actually been nice to you and took a few heavy books from your pile. *That was nice… Maybe I shouldn't ignore Minwoo… After all, I was the one who screamed at Nana and she didn't do anything wrong… Well at least to me*. You looked over at Minwoo concentrating on writing what was in the textbook. *Okay, at lunch I am going to apologise and make it up to him!* you declared silently.

 

Finally, the bell rang and meant that lunch was finally here! Whoop whoop! And… that meant it was time to finally say sorry to Minwoo. You reached the hangout with Lizzy and you took a deep breath. *Okay ~~~~~, this is it. Just get in, apologise and pretend it never happened. I can do that. Fighting!*. You linked arms with Lizzy and led her in.

 

Boyfriend greeted you and Lizzy happily as always and instantly, you spotted Minwoo. You wanted to sit next to him but Hyunseong and Kwangmin (who kept on talking about where to catch a Pikachu) were sitting on either side. You felt a pang of disappointment but you just smiled and sat down next to Donghyun.

 

"Annyeong, Donghyun oppa!" you said happily. He smiled at you sweetly and you felt instantly happy. Somehow, whenever Donghyun smiled at you, you felt somewhat happy. *Wow… Haha, Donghyun must be some kind of magic wizard that makes people happy. Haha, imagine if that was true*. Just then, Lizzy was speaking to you with stuffed with kimchi and rice.

 

"~~~~~-fah, I ink at you shou alk if Inwu" she said. You blinked at her, trying to understand what your best friend had just said. You mouthed 'What?' and Lizzy held up a finger whilst trying to finish chewing her lunch. "I said, you should talk to Minwoo" she said. Your eyes widened. How did Lizzy know that you wanted to talk to Minwoo? You stared at her, wondering if she was actually a fortune teller in disguise. "Hey, I know you've waited all morning to talk to him so why don't you do it now?" she asked.

 

*Should I do it now? I don't know… I felt so confident in class but now, I don't feel so well… I'll just tell him later. It's probably the same as talking to him now but just at a different time*. You turned to Lizzy and you quietly told her that you'll talk to him later. Donghyun, with his super awesome hearing, heard everything you said to Lizzy - not that he planned to. He just couldn't help it that sometimes he would accidently eavesdrop on other people's conversations. But this one, he kind of knew it was going to happen.

 

Lizzy nodded and you went back to eating your homemade lunch consisting of rice, egg omelettes, a small salad and of course, kimchi. You took a bite and smiled. *Mmmm… Mum and Dad makes the best doshirak anyone will ever taste!*. You finished your lunch in a few minutes and Lizzy still haven't even finished half. *I'm starting to eat faster… Hm, never realised*. You started to talk to Lizzy but you didn't know that in the midst of everybody talking, Minwoo was looking at you.

 

"It seems like ~~~~~ is in a better mood right now. I'm relieved… I thought that she would still be sad and in shock about what happened yesterday. I hope that she give just forgive and forget. I don't want to be awkward with her forever… But Nana really didn't even do anything. Why was she so worked up over Nana and my conversation?" he muttered. Donghyun was watching Minwoo carefully and after school, he planned to have a little chat with him.

 

After school, you looked around for Minwoo but you couldn't find him  anywhere. *Where did Minwoo oppa go? He must've gone home already. Man, he's speedy today… I guess I'll tell him tomorrow* and you walked back home.

 

Donghyun was standing in their hangout with Minwoo. "Hyung, where are we here? Do you need to give me something?" asked Minwoo. He was curious because Donghyun had never asked him to meet in their hangout after school. Well, until now.

 

Donghyun's expression started to get slightly more serious. "Minwoo-ah, are you getting a bit awkward with ~~~~~? I know you two had a fight of some sort" he said. Minwoo said nothing and looked at the ground, as if the ground was something really interesting. He kicked at it but he remained silent.

 

"Look, I know you didn't mean to fight with ~~~~~ but you should make up with her. She's a girl so sometimes, girls can be a bit sensitive towards fights with boys. Remember, try not to fight a lot with her okay?" said Donghyun. Minwoo looked up at him. Right now, he was confused.

 

*Why is he telling me this? Donghyun never seemed to care -well not too  much- about ~~~~~. So why is he doing this now?*. Finally, Minwoo spoke that summarised all his mixed up thoughts. "Hyung, why are you telling me all this? You seem to care so much for ~~~~~ now..." Minwoo started.

 

"Because I like her."

 

*What… What did hyung just say…? Did he just… I don't believe it….*. Minwoo's shock and confusion were clearly displayed on his face and Donghyun smiled as if it wasn't anything special.

 

"Why? Surprised?" he asked. Minwoo nodded his head up and down for what seemed like forever. "It wasn't obvious? I thought it might have been but I guess not..." Donghyun said and scratched his head. "You know, it isn't easy seeing someone you like with another man but if they're happy, then you unconsciously do whatever it is to protect their happiness. Even if it is only to just stay by their side and nothing more. But I'm okay. You look good together with ~~~~~ and I like you two as a couple." He put his hands on Minwoo's shoulders and smiled.

 

"Remember dongsaeng that the one you like is ~~~~~ so don't let your head get cloudy because of Nana okay?" he said and walked away. Minwoo just stood there and didn't move for a minute. He smiled and started running back home.

 

"I know I have to make up with ~~~~~ right now. Hyung, thanks! I'll make sure to treat you to some delicious ddeokbokki next time!" he said while whooshing his way back home and most importantly, back to you.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

HEY! How did you like this chapter? OMG, Donghyun likes you! ACKKK! Two hot guys liking you! Talk about every girl's dream coming true! Did it come to a shock to you guys? I was hoping to make at least a few people go "WHAT?!". But if it isn't then…. LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER ALL YOU NICE SUBSCRIBERS AND THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING~! :D

P.S - This is probably the second longest chapter, YAY! Um… Are chapters like these too long? Hehe!