Bits and Pieces of My Heart

Coincidence

 

After registering Nana's shock, you couldn't think of anything else other than the last 2 seconds. You looked at the ground and although your body was completely unmoving, your mind was whirling up a hurricane.

 

*OMO! What did Minwoo just say? I swear he just… admitted that he liked me. Um… That can't be true, I mean look at me! My hair -as Nana just said- is messy, my skirt is wonky and I don't have any make-up on (which I don't care about). This must be just a joke to make Nana go away*.

 

And it did just that. Nana started bawling her eyes out and then she ran out, away from your life and certainly away from Minwoo. Nana's cry startled you and you snapped out of your 180 kilometre per hour thinking. Blinking, you looked around at the bodies surrounding you. *Wow… It seems like I'm in some kind of action movie and Minwoo is my hero. Nice*.

 

 But while you were so busy thinking about a plot to go with the bodies lying before you, Minwoo was thinking about someone else. He bent down and touched your shin slightly. You giggled when he touched you and when you looked down, you could see a nasty purple and dark yellow bruise. Minwoo closely examined it and looked up at you with a worried face.

 

"~~~~~-ah, are you okay? The bruise seems pretty bad and it looks painful as well" Minwoo said and did a cute pout to express his worries. But you were looking at his cute pout rather than think about that ugly, big dot on your shin. *OMIGOSHHH, isn't that the cutest thing? I could just faint right here and then slowly melt into a puddle forever...*.

 

Minwoo stared at you and clicked his fingers loudly. "Hello?" he asked. You jumped in response and Minwoo smiled, knowing that his special girl has came back from Planet Daydream. "Good. Here, let me help you get back home" said your hero and at that moment you didn't know why, but you felt a tingling feeling inside of you because not only would Minwoo be taking you home, he would be in contact with you for at least 20 minutes. Whoop whoop!

 

However when you were walking home with Minwoo holding your forearm for support, you felt really awkward because the two of you weren't talking (Minwoo was probably thinking about it too) and you couldn't think of a topic to talk about.

 

But then, the memory came back to you again and it made you feel all nervous and slightly happy.

 

"I do."

 

A question has been bugging you for a moment and you weren't sure if you wanted to ask Minwoo something that seemed kind of  personal. However, after a few minutes, you couldn't keep the question to yourself and you had to ask Minwoo about it. You turned to him and quickly blurted it out. "Did you really mean it?".

 

Minwoo looked your way and asked "Did I really mean what?".

 

You suddenly felt very rude about asking him about things that were supposed to be kept secretive unless he wanted to tell you himself but you needed the answer and you needed it now. "A-about you… liking me…." you murmured. *Aish, this is embarrassing~*.

 

Minwoo smiled and responded without hesitation.

 

"I meant it."

 

You looked at him for a while before laughing a super fake laugh. "Oh man, you are one funny person, Minwoo oppa. You telling Nana that you liked me was a great way to scare her off and to make her leave this school! I wish I was as smart as you were" you chuckled.

 

As much as you wanted to believe it, you wouldn't bring yourself to. *I'm sure he's lying. He has to be. I mean, why would someone as good and hot as him… go for someone average like me. Minwoo oppa has tons of other beautiful girls that will be way better than me*.

 

Your hero looked confused but at that moment, the two of you had arrived in front of your house. You pulled your arm away from Minwoo's safe grasp and smiled. "Minwoo oppa, thanks for today. Your joke on Nana was so good, I nearly believed it. You should become an actor since your acting skills are awesome! Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye!". And then you quickly scrambled back into your house.

 

Minwoo continued looking at the door even though you had gone and started to scratch his head, making himself look cuter than ever. *I don't get it… I clearly said that I liked her so why is she still like this? Does she really think that that was a joke? Aw, now she still thinks I don't like her in that way...*. But then, a mischievous smiled crept onto Minwoo face. "But I have an idea that will sure to make her understand my heart!" said Minwoo and he fist punched the air while thinking about his plan tomorrow.

 

As usual, you walked out of the house yelling your goodbye when a sudden breeze welcomed you to a new day. *Woo… It's supposed to be spring so why is it still so cold~?*. After opening the gate that protected your house, you were surprised to find Minwoo standing in front of it.

 

His hair was slightly messy from the breeze and he was rubbing his hands together and blowing on them, trying to get back the heat that was taken from him just seconds ago. You immediately blushed and remembered what happened yesterday.

 

"I do."

 

"I meant it."

 

Those two sentences were enough to make you feel all tingly and warm on the inside. "Not true..." you muttered to yourself. However, Minwoo heard you mutter behind him and he smiled when he saw you. He greeted you and tilted his head, signalling that we should get to school or we'll be late.

 

You quickly picked up your pace and Minwoo followed how fast you were going. Being late in Mr Song's class was one thing that you did not want to do. Sometimes when a student is late, Mr Song gets so angry that he'll start yelling at the student listing about 20 reasons why being late is so bad. You've never been late once and you did not want to start breaking that record just yet.

 

While you were looking around fiddling with your hands because they were cold, Minwoo decided to begin his plan that he named: 'Bits and Pieces of My Heart'. He started to close the distance between the two of you and when he thought the timing was right, Minwoo grabbed your hand and held it securely.

 

You immediately turned to see who it was and then relief washed over you when you realised it was Minwoo and not some stranger. But then, shock and embarrassment crushed that relief when you noticed that he was holding your hand. *OMO OMO OMO! What are we doing?! Is this the thing that they call: A couple holding hands?*. You felt exasperated and tried to talk to Minwoo in the calmest voice you could.

 

"What's wrong Minwoo?" you asked, your voice shaking a bit. He looked over to you and studied your expression for a minute.

 

"Nothing~ It just looks like your hands were really cold so I wanted to warm them up with the heat in my hands" said Minwoo. You opened your mouth to say something but was cut off by Minwoo. He quickly looked at his watch and gasped. "We better get to school soon otherwise we'll be scolded by Mr Song. Come on!" shouted Minwoo.

 

You scrunched up your expression and was about to say that he didn't have a watch on and that we had plenty of time but Minwoo started to pull you along with him and the two of you ran for your lives as Minwoo seemed to want to go to school earlier than usual. But while he was running at full speed and possibly thinking about school related subjects, you were more focused on the skin ship between Minwoo's and your hand.

 

*We're holding hands… And, I like it. It feels like we're some kind of couple now*. You allowed yourself to believe that for a minute, Minwoo might actually like you. While you were fantasising about being a couple, Minwoo took a quick glance at you from the corner of his eye and saw you smiling. *Great, she's happy! But just wait ~~~~~ because you'll never know what can happen at school!*.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooh, Minwoo has a plan! I like it!

Have you guys heard Boyfriend's I YAH (if I spelt it correctly)?

SO GOOD~ ;D

Well, enjoy the remaining days of FREEDOM everybody and stay cool! :)

 

P.S - It now says the chapter names, how cool!