Birthday Girl

Coincidence

 

Hooray! Today was your birthday! You were jumping up and down to the living room. You eyes looked for the table and there it was. You birthday seaweed soup! On your birthdays, you would have a bigger breakfast than usual. Your mum and dad popped up from behind the sofa and congratulated you. "My daughter, happy birthday!" your dad said while patting you on your back. Your mum smiled and danced around the room. "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!". You smiled and remembered. TODAY WAS A SCHOOL DAY! "AARRRGHHHHHH" you screamed, quickly gobbled up your lunch and you ran out your door.

 

You just arrived before the bell had rung and you were huffing really hard. *This is becoming a habit. GET AN ALARM CLOCK, ~~~~~-AH!* You hit your head with your fist and you rubbed it afterwards. *Ouch..* You quickly ran to first period which was Science. In the middle of class, Lizzy slipped you a box with a ribbon on top. She smiled and got back to writing in her exercise book. *I wonder what it is?* You quickly opened it and found a card inside. 'Happy Birthday, my best friend! Enjoy today!' it read. You smiled and looked under the card. It was a friendship ring! Behind the ring was another piece of paper. '~~~~~-ah, I read that if we wear these rings, we will develop a stronger bond. Let's be the BEST of the BEST of friends.' You smiled and quickly sipped on the ring. You showed it to Lizzy and she showed you her hand. On one of her fingers, there was the exact same ring you two were wearing. You admired your       ring for a bit longer but Mr Song was standing behind you. "Miss Kim ~~~~~, why aren't you working?" You jumped and turned around ever so slowly. My Song was hovering over you and you felt like an ant. He took the box and looked at it. "Ahhhh, so today is your birthday? Well that doesn't give you an excuse to skip work. This is your last warning before I take that box off you." You nodded and you felt everyone's eyes trained on you. You looked up slightly and accidently looked at Minwoo. *Why do I always mess up in front of Minwoo….. Aish.. My birthday is ruining.. * You slouched down and started writing about the nerve system. *So today is ~~~~~'s birthday? How come she didn't tell me? I should get her something… but what?* Minwoo sighed and got back to work.

 

Today, you sat with Lizzy during lunch because you didn't want to face Minwoo. *Babo…. YOU NEED TO CONCENTRATE!* You were mentally strangling yourself when Lizzy started talking to you. "~~~~~-ah, do you like the ring I gave you?" She looked really curious. You smiled and nodded strongly. "I don't like it, I LOVE it! It's so beautiful! Thanks!" Lizzy smiled and got back to her lunch. You finished your lunch and talked to Lizzy for the rest of lunch.

 

RIIIIIIING! It was home time and you were packing up you books. *I wonder if Minwoo got me anything today??? Wait… HOW DARE I START ASKING PRESENTS FROM PEOPLE! Where are my manners… They've run away, I suppose.* You looked around for Minwoo but he wasn't in the classroom. Normally, he would wait for you and you two would walk home together. *Maybe he's busy… How sad..* You shrugged and walked home, dragging your feet along the pavement.

 

You arrived home and looked at the mailbox. The sign was up and that meant that you have mail. *Is it the bills? The bills cost so much now…. But, I've always been frugal with money so, it should be okay.* You opened the mailbox and instead of finding a couple of boring white envelopes, you found a fancy-looking box. *Hmm? What's this?* You reached in and got out the box. It was covered in dark blue velvet. You name was engraved with gold thread in the lid. *Woah…. Who in the world gave me a box with my name engraved in GOLD thread?* You opened the box and gasped. Inside, was the most beautiful diamond necklace with a sliver chain. Inside, there was also a silver note. '~~~~~-ah, Happy Birthday! I hope you like this present! Have a happy day! From your bestest neighbour ever, Minwoo.' it read. *That is sooo sweet and cute. Is 'bestest' even a word. But, that's so thoughtful and sweet.* You quickly ran up to your room and changed to a pretty blue floral dress. You brushed your hair, wore the necklace and got out your Polaroid camera. Posing, you clicked the button and the picture came out. While the picture was getting its colour, you were writing a letter in your best letter set with your best glittery pens. You tucked the letter in the note as well as the picture you took earlier. You wrote Minwoo's name on the front and quickly ran to Minwoo's mailbox, put it in and lifted up the sign. You quickly ran back smiling.

 

Minwoo, who was watching you from his bedroom window, saw you put that letter into his mailbox and quickly ran down to retrieve it. He carefully opened the envelope and read the letter.

Dear Minwoo,

Thank you so much for your present! I love it! I will be sure to take care of the necklace. I have been wearing it today! The diamond necklace makes my ugly face look better! I took a picture of me wearing it! See you tomorrow! :D

From ~~~~~.

 

Minwoo smiled and looked at the photo. You were smiling brightly and did the peace sign. *The diamond necklace doesn't make you look better. You're the one that makes that necklace look nicer. You are the one that's beautiful, ~~~~~-ah. You just don't know that yet.* He smiled and went back to his room.

 

________________________

Here is another chapter for you lovely people! I worked hard on this so enjoy! :D