Leaving Him

Coincidence

 

The same nightmare had haunted you for the night. Again, you woke up screaming like the day before. You were sweating, breathing harder than normal when you thought of the nightmare. You shuddered. *I have GOT to make a decision…. But it's not going to be easy….* You dragged your legs that seemed to be made out of iron to the living room. You ate your breakfast slowly, still thinking about what to do about Minwoo. You sighed and slurped your cereal loudly. Your parents just stared at you. *What's wrong with my beautiful daughter? Did something happen at school?* Your mum looked worried. You just sighed and tried to eat your breakfast as sloooooowly as possible. After that, you quickly slipped on your uniform just in case you were late to school. *I have finally come to a decision… Leaving him would be best* A few tears escaped your eyes and you wiped them away violently. *I must shut off these feelings of mine and never come into contact with Minwoo again!*

 

As you walked outside, Minwoo wasn't waiting there like always. *Good. This is the first step to avoiding Minwoo for life!* You walked quickly to school, looking around to see if Minwoo will pounce out to ask you for directions. You started to relax and let your guard down when you suddenly heard a voice. A very familiar voice.

 

"Hey! Kim ~~~~~!"

 

Your pulse started to increase rapidly as the voice got closer. You walked quicker and pretended not to hear what you just heard. You started to hum to SHINee's 'Sherlock' when 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named''s voice started to shout again.

 

"Yah! Yah, Kim ~~~~~! I know you can hear me! YAH!!!!!"

 

You giggled at him screaming but stopped yourself quickly. *Yah! Remember, forget Minwoo! That is your final decision so STICK WITH IT!* You gave yourself a pinch on the cheek. "Ow…." Your power-walk soon broke into a run as you tried to avoid Minwoo as fast as you can. Minwoo was trailing behind you. "What is wrong with that girl? I thought that I had solved everything yesterday… Plus, why was she ignoring me? Did I do something?" Minwoo began to start thinking about why you had abandoned him.

 

Once you've reached school, you were breathing heavily. *Wow… I haven't exercised this intense in ages… I'm so lazy...* When you looked up, it was the same scene every time you entered the school gates. Girls pointing, staring and gossiping about you. *Seriously, don't they have something else to talk about? Like, buying a new Cabbage Patch Kid or something?* You sighed and started to look for Lizzy. You looked at the bench where you and Lizzy would normally sit. A leaf just laid there, all by itself. You looked in the corridors, the classrooms, the library, the playgrounds and the result was the same: No Lizzy. You opened your phone and texted her.

 

Where are you? I can't see you anywhere. Reply as soon as possible chingu-ah, I'm worried~

-Your wonderful friend,  ~~~~~ ^^

 

You were on the way to Boyfriend's hangout when you heard that voice that keeps on haunting you. "Hey, Donghyun hyung.  Did you see ~~~~~ today?" asked Minwoo. You hid behind a pole. The same one when you first found out that Boyfriend's secret spot was here. "Nope, I didn't see her. Why? Are you sad that you have no one to play with?" You swallowed, anticipating Minwoo answer. "N-No. W-What are you talking about. I was just on the way here when I saw her. I shouted her name but she just ran away." Donghyun went silent for a moment. "Maybe she's sick of you toying with her so much." Your shoulders deflated. *What? I would never be sick of- Wait. Right now, I can pretend to be sick of Minwoo and then he can forget me! Then, he would be safe from further accidents and what-nots!. Donghyun sunbae, thank you!*

 

Minwoo was thinking about what Donghyun had said. "Hmm… Do you really think that? I mean, when we're together, we always have fun. She's one of the eight people that I loved to hang out with... " Donghyun looked at Minwoo, as if he was scanning him for any metal items. "So five of them is Boyfriend, one is Lizzy, one is ~~~~~ and the lucky last is..." Minwoo looked down.

 

"…Yoo Mina. Minwoo-ah, I think that although you might have forgotten everything… Mina stuck to your head didn't she?". You held your breath. *Minwoo remembered Mina? Of all people…. He remembered her?!* You couldn't believe it. Minwoo had remembered the girl who had done the most damage to him. Unbelievable!  "I don't know… It's just that, when I woke up, memories of her just remained with me and… I'm not too happy about it. There is someone else who I want to stick to my head… Even more than Mina...". You gasped quietly. *Minwoo… likes someone? I want to know...* Even though you wanted to know, for some reason it seemed like knowing would be even worse. *It's probably better if I just stop right now*.  You walked away, feeling depressed and useless.

 

Your heart almost seemed as if it had stopped. For some reason, whenever the word 'Mina' popped up, you would feel slightly jealous of Minwoo and Mina's ex-couple relationship. *Well, of course many guys would like her. She's pretty and looks like a model that should be on a world stage instead of sitting in a classroom reading about Shakespeare… Who would even need anyone like me? I'm not pretty, all I do is study and I don't even rank on the popularity chart at school… Minwoo would be much better off without me…* You walked away, feeling sad and useless.

 

For the whole day, you couldn’t concentrate in class. Mr Song's voice seems to be droning in your head. Instead, you were thinking about life without Minwoo. How it would be if you could see his smile… A world without his aegyo to light up the day… You sighed heavily and wished that you hadn't made that choice. *But I can't go back now… I need to think about what's best for Minwoo!* Unfortunately, Mr Song had heard your loud sigh. "Miss Kim ~~~~~, I do hope that I'm not boring you with the economy of this world?" Mr Song teaches many subjects. He was an all-round teacher. However, he didn't seem to be so happy about it. That means, more marking and more teaching classes. It was last period and Mr Song is always cranky during last period. He seems to have gotten more strict over the months.

 

You looked up suddenly, returning back to Earth. "Ah… Uh…. Of course not! Economy is the best subject ever! Can't get enough of it!" You faked a laugh that Mr Song probably could tell that you didn't mean it but he had stopped pestering you. "Please concentrate or consequences will be applied." said Mr Song. You muttered a 'sorry' and glanced up. Minwoo was staring at you. You quickly looked away, feeling uncomfortable with the sudden eye contact. Minwoo slowly turned to the front. *There is definitely something wrong with ~~~~~. I just need to figure out what….*

 

For the rest of the EXICTING (not!) school day, you looked like a zombie. Your face showed no emotion, you looked "droopy" and you talked to no one unless if a teacher talked to you.  Some girls snickered at the zombie girl who -unfortunately- seemed to be you. "Heh. Maybe the gossiping is getting to her. I knew this would work! Anyways, it's just as she said..." a girl said loudly to her friend as you walked past her. She quickly stopped talking and stared at the floor. *Yeah… The gossip is- Wait...* Your head quickly went over what the girl had just said.

 

"Anyways, it's just as she said..."

 

Your eyes widened. Someone had told the girls to gossip about you?! You couldn't believe it. *But who would do that? If someone told the girls to gossip stuff about me then she must be someone with power and possibly money...* Your curiosity really wanted to ask them but you knew that she wouldn't tell you. No-one would. Because you were the girl who had caused Minwoo's accident and his memory to run off somewhere. Your curiosity kept biting you as  you walked away.

 

Minwoo heard everything and walked up to them with a serious face. When he walked up to them, the girls were flustered, squealing, blushing profusely and thinking why their beloved Minwoo had walked up to them. However, when they read Minwoo's expression, they knew he meant business. "Tell me..." Minwoo said in a scary tone that scared the gossip out of the girls. "Who told you girls to gossip about ~~~~~?". His voice sounded slightly like a growl and the girls weren't taking any chances. They immediately told Minwoo and when they did, they beetled off to where ever. The answer that Minwoo had received was shocking news to him. He just stood there for a couple of minutes, the name whizzing around in his head. *So that's the person who did this...?!* Minwoo was quickly so angry he could just shout but then he remembered you. *But first, I need to make ~~~~~ return to her happy self again.*

 

You, on the other hand was eating ice-cream at a convenience store that was in the busier streets of Seoul. Ice-cream was delicious and you felt like a little happiness and a cooling sensation. There's nothing like indulging yourself in ice-cream when you're feeling depressed and that's exactly what you did. In front of you was a giant tub of ice-cream that you had paid for 5 minutes ago. Of course you weren't going to eat it all (because it's unhealthy and fattening) but you needed to eat something bigger than an ice block. With the spoon at the ready, you positioned yourself and got into your 'ice-cream' mode. In no time, you were eating that ice-cream quickly and chewing on it loudly. Thank goodness that you were the only customer in the shop. When you had finished, approximately one-third of the tub was finished and you felt slightly happier than this morning. You smiled, wiped your mouth and walked out with the ice-cream in a plastic bag.

 

Minwoo had arrived at your house immediately after school. He thought that you would be lying around on the sofa doing nothing and when he knocked on the door, he was quite  surprised to find your dad answering. Minwoo was welcomed into the Kim family's house and he looked around. Unlike his spacious house, yours was more of a homey and cosy feel. Instead of the sofas away from each other, they were arranged to be close enough to make it look really cosy and happy. A table was in the middle of the sofas and a warm cup of coffee sat there, waiting to be gulped by your dad. When Minwoo had asked Mr Kim is it was possible to look at your room, he nodded and went back to reading the newspaper and sipping his coffee.

 

Your room wasn't anything special and it was really average, unlike Minwoo's one. He looked around and his eyes fell onto a dark blue navy box in the sunlight. He picked it up carefully and opened it. 

The diamond necklace was revealed and the sun's rays shone on it, making the light rebound onto the ceiling. *Wow… What a pretty necklace. But I feel like I've seen this one before…. Where have I seen it? Inside a shop or something?* Minwoo shrugged and put it back down. When Minwoo sat on your bad, there was something uncomfortable that he was sitting on. He got up, lifted up the covers and laughed at what he saw. On the bed was your 'Genie' costume. Minwoo kept on laughing loudly. *Woah… ~~~~~ wears this kind of clothing? With a short skirt and everything...* Minwoo was still chuckling when he reached out to pick the it up.

 

However, once he touched the white clothing, memories started to flood inside his head. He held his head, shut his eyes and bended down quickly. There were scenes of Minwoo reaching the book for you, him being your , the accident, the Lotte World 'date' and it finally ended with you dancing for him in that costume. When Minwoo stood back up, he had remembered everything and was back to his normal self. He smiled and punched the air. *Yes! Now, I remember everything! I should tell ~~~~~ right away! But… maybe I can be a bit more creative...* He smiled evilly and ran down the stairs.

 

When you had arrived at home, your stomach was still filled with ice-cream. *Ah… That was delicious. I should do that some other time when I'm feeling down*. You smiled and walked back home. "I'm home!" you shouted but there was no response. *Hmm? Where did everybody go?* There was a note on the hall table and you picked it up. It read:

 

Our beautiful daughter, we are out for a romantic dinner. Sorry we couldn't be there but Mum has made you some delicious dinner so enjoy it! And when it's 5pm, come to the park near our house!

Love Mum and Dad XOXO

 

You smiled. Even though you had wanted to eat with your family, it was nice of them to leave a message instead of just leaving without saying anything. Your eyes quickly scanned the note again. *I guess I have to go to the park at 5. I wonder why mum and dad asked me to go there? Maybe we have to meet or something.* You put down your schoolbag and got out your homework. There was a lot. A pile of homework was stacked neatly onto the table. You sighed heavily. *The school must want to tired me out! Anyway, I should start quickly...*

 

When you had finished two-thirds of the homework, you looked up at the clock. It was 4:50pm. You smiled. *I can reach there in 10 minutes! Plus, I did so much homework! I deserve a break.* You stretched and got ready for the meeting which your parents had arranged. You looked through your wardrobe and finally picked out a simple white top with denim jeans and pink converses. You were exiting your room when the velvet box came into view. Walking slowly to the box, you observed it before picking it up and revealing the radiant necklace within. You bit your lip. *Minwoo got this for me but I haven't worn it once…. Okay, I'll wear it today and then I just put it under my bed or something...* You jogged over to the mirror happily and put on the diamond necklace carefully. It went well with your simple clothing and you felt special wearing it. "Ah… It's so pretty...". You looked at the clock. *Oops! I should get going!* After thinking that thought, you ran out the door.

 

You had arrived at the park without a jacket and it was getting cold. *Babo! You should've worn a jacket. Well, I can't go back now, it's almost 5.* You walked around slowly, wondering where your parents were. Suddenly, you remember waiting for Minwoo behind the toilet block when you were about to dance. *I wonder what it was like at Minwoo's perspective?* You walked for a bit more and stood in front of the toilets. *It must've been a shock. Music suddenly playing and someone springing out of nowhere...* Just then, you heard SNSD's Genie quite clearly. You jumped slightly and looked around. Minwoo jumped out from behind the toilet block and started to dance to the song. But unlike you who was close to perfect, Minwoo was all over the place, missing steps and sneezing. You were shocked and amazed. Minwoo was wearing your costume and that included your mum's black heels! You laughed and that riled Minwoo up even more. He even started to sing to it.

 

Once the laugh came out, it didn't stop. Your stomach was hurting, you couldn't breathe but Minwoo kept on going. After the whole dance with Minwoo sneezing and you crying from laughter, you both sat down at  the nearest bench. "Woah! Minwoo, you're such a GREAT dancer!" you said to a sweating Minwoo. He smiled and tried to calm down his breathing. "But… how did you know how to dance to the song?" you asked, curious. You imagined Minwoo looking at the computer while dancing to Genie. The way you pictured it made you snort.

 

"I remembered."

 

The way Minwoo said it made you look at him quickly. *He remembered...? What does that mean?* You spoke your thoughts out loud unintentionally while looking at the grassy floor. Minwoo smiled at you. *She's as cute as always. I've missed you, Kim ~~~~~*. "I remembered you dancing it for me on my birthday." Your eyes darted to Minwoo and was speechless. "And I'm very happy that you wore the necklace I gave you on your birthday!".  Your hand went to touch the diamond necklace as you stood up slowly. "So does that mean that you…." Minwoo stood up as well.

 

"I… remember you, Kim ~~~~~." And he smiled.

 

-------------------------------------

OMG! I'm so sorry! I haven't updated in 2 weeks! EEEEEEP! But subbies, thank you for so patiently waiting! I hope that you enjoy my apology chapter. I've made it the longest chapter to date! :D So take your take reading! I have also read through this chapter to ensure about my spelling and grammar mistakes. Please enjoy it even more! XD

 

From your Author that take a long time to write. :D