A Dream-like Present

Coincidence

 

It was a Saturday morning and you looked out the window. The sun was showing off it's shining rays and it seemed like a giant disco ball. You sighed happily. *Ah…. The weather is so good  today. Maybe I should go out?* You pondered about that thought for a while when your phone started to ring. You dived (literally) for your phone and picked up. "Hello?"

 

The answer from whoever was calling you was full of energy and it sounded like a girl. You smiled. It was Lizzy who had called you! "So, chingu? Why did you call me?" you tried to say nonchalantly. But on the inside, you were jumping up and down. Whenever you receive a message or a call, you were happy. It made you feel like, someone else other than your parents were thinking of you. And that thought made you feel very special. "Would you like to go to the new café that just opened near the Incheon airport? I heard that it's food is very delicious!". Naturally, you agreed and decided to meet with Lizzy at 12pm.

 

After your phone conversation, you thought about the location that you where going to with Lizzy. The café that had just opened near the Incheon airport. Had you heard of that place somewhere before? You thought for a while and suddenly, you remembered. It was in a magazine that you were reading a few days ago.

 

'New café that had opened near Incheon airport: Dream café, where dreams come true!'

 

You remembered reading about the interviews with customers, about how good they said that café was. 

It was a place that you had wanted to go with someone but with Minwoo gaining his memory back, it slipped your mind. You smiled while walking up the stairs to your room. *Wah, I'm so thankful to you Lizzy-ah! I completely forgot about wanting to go to the café. Thank you for reminding me!*

 

However, your happiness was soon destroyed. When you opened your closet, a mountain of clothes pushed you to the ground. You fell with an 'Oomph!' and you opened your eyes to see what had happened. Shirts, shorts, dresses and skirts were all over the floor. You tilted your head, thinking. Normally, your closet was very neat and the clothes weren't violent as it was today. *Why is my closet so… messy? Wait...* Your mind flashed back to the times when Minwoo had asked you out to play. After you had finished putting on your clothes, you were too happy about meeting Minwoo that you just chucked your clothes into your closet. *Well, Kim ~~~~~. This is what you get for not cleaning up after a while.* You sighed and started to pick up your clothes. *Man, this is such a drag… Well, better sooner than later.*

 

When your room had become neat and organised again (that included the closet), you were tired and you sat down on your bed, sighing in relief. *Woah! Who knew cleaning up would be so tiring…* You looked at the time. It was 11:20am. *I should get ready for my meeting with Lizzy~!*. You went to open your closet and instead of clothes pushing you, they were hanging neatly. You were choosing the right outfit that suited going to a nice café. After 10 minutes of continuously flicking through clothes, you decided on a white shirt with two pink hearts, denim shorts and of course, the diamond necklace that Minwoo gave you on your birthday. You tied your hair into two plaits and then wore your black boots.

 

You looked into the body-length in your room and smiled. *Perfect. Okay, it's time to go out to meet Lizzy~!*. You jumped down the stairs, kissed your parents 'goodbye' and you were off like a worker bee!   

You walked around Seoul, breathing in the fresh cool air that surrounded you. Cars were driving in different directions and people were bustling around the city. There were adults going to work, teenagers shopping and families having their 'together' time with each other. You felt happy being around such smiley people.

 

When you had finished strolling around, you arrived at the café. It had a brown exterior with swirly lines 

going everywhere. It had a verandah with white fancy tables and chairs. People were sitting inside, drinking on their coffees and talking with friends. You walked inside and immediately saw Lizzy, sitting next to a window. You walked over to Lizzy and sat down on the seat opposite her. "Annyeong! Did I make you wait long?" you asked worryingly. You thought that maybe you had strolled around for too long and poor Lizzy had been waiting for you. Lizzy looked at you and smiled. "Of course you haven't! I just arrived here too! Hey, it's so classy here!" she exclaimed. You looked around. People were wearing suits and work clothing and they seemed to be talking in a business-like way.

 

You turned back to Lizzy but now, her expression seemed to be… slightly evil. "What's wrong?" you asked uncomfortably. "Hey ~~~~~-ah. Have you ever thought…. of looking pretty and taking care of your skin?" Lizzy asked. You looked at her, not completely understanding what Lizzy was trying to say. "Um… well, kinda. I do take care of my skin. Putting on cream morning and night." Lizzy shook her head. "No, not the regular cream from the supermarket. I mean like, expensive ones and using masks that brightens your face and all."

 

*Why is Lizzy saying all this?* you wondered. "Um… No, not really. Why?" you asked curiously. Lizzy sighed loudly and she seemed irritated for some unknown reason. "My friend, haven't you ever thought of putting a bit more effort into your looks for Minwoo-oppa?" she asked. When Lizzy had asked you that question, you wondered for a while. Have you ever tried to be pretty for Minwoo? Maybe in clothes but how about looks? "No, not really" you answered. Lizzy smiled and grabbed her bag. She pulled out a big box with a big red ribbon. "Here, a present."

 

You accepted the box and started to open it when Lizzy stopped you. "Ah! Stop!" You looked up, surprised. *Aren't gifts supposed to be opened? I'm really curious about what's inside*. "Open the present at home" said Lizzy. You nodded and thanked Lizzy. "How about we order some desserts? I'm so hungry!" you exclaimed. Lizzy grinned and nodded. "I'm all for it!"

 

The meeting with Lizzy was over and it had only felt like 5 minutes. Spending time with friend sure does make time go quick. Your stomach was filled with chocolate mousse cake and that was probably THE best dessert you have EVER tasted. You could still feel the chocolate lingering in your mouth…. Then you suddenly remembered the present Lizzy gave you. You quickly ran up to your bed and waited a few seconds before opening the box to feel the exciting feeling running through your veins a bit more. After that, you whipped the top off the box and inside was any girl's dream.

 

Neatly packed inside was a lot of masks that does brightening, whitening, locking in moisture etc, jars of cream, a couple of hand creams, lip balm, feet moisture cream, shampoo and good quality hair products. You gasped and couldn't believe that Lizzy would do something like this. You got worried about how much it might've cost to buy all this. Maybe Lizzy's broke?! What will happen if Lizzy can't buy anything now? It's because she bought all this for you! You started to get a little panicky when you got a text. *Oh? It's from Lizzy. I wonder why she texted me...*

 

Kim ~~~~~! Are you happy about the present? I chose these ESPECIALLY for you, my best friend! I was told by the sales assistant that these brands are top-notch so use them well! Ah! It's okay if you share them with your mother so that you both look like angels! By the way, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE PRICE OF THE PRESENT! IF YOU DO… I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE RECEIPTS! (They weren't expensive anyways~)

Stay beautiful with that beauty treatment present! After you put those on, who knows? Maybe Minwoo will be blinded by your beauty! Haha~

-Lizzy, your personal beauty expert  :D

 

You smiled. *Lizzy really does have great timing, doesn't she? Okay! Well, I better get to work!*. After texting back your gratitude to Lizzy, you grabbed the box and ran in the bathroom. The beauty treatment starts now and after that… you'll probably look beautiful! You giggled in the bathroom just thinking about it. *The Dream café really makes dreams come true don't they?*

 

------------------------------

YAY! A double update! BWAHAHAHA! I have updated two times in a day! Yay! Well, enjoy your reading and be happy~!

-Author-ssi  XD