A mysterious picture

Coincidence

 

"You use Pythagoras' Theorem to work this one out…" you muttered to yourself while you were doing your homework. You gave a smile. Mr Song's work is soooooo easy that you finished it in no time. When you look up, you found Minwoo looking at you. You jumped slightly. "Su-Sunbae, is something the matter?" you asked. "Nothing much. You're just really cute when you mutter to yourself like that" said Minwoo in his smooth and charming voice. You looked down and blushed. "T-thank you."

 

You looked at his table and just realised that Minwoo had quite a lot of books on his desk. "Sunbae, you have quite a lot of books sitting on your table". You got up and went to his desk. You got a book and opened the cover. A picture had dropped out of the book. You got down and picked up the picture. It looked old and some bits were torn off. A girl was on the picture. She was really pretty with blond hair and blue eyes. Her smile was graceful and her skin too, looked very soft. "Minwoo-sunbae, who is this girl?" you asked out of curiosity. You didn't think if it would trigger any painful memories or anything. "Put that down…" said Minwoo in a scary tone. But you couldn't hear him. "Wahhhh. She is so pretty! Is she your cousin?" you asked playfully. "PUT THAT DOWN RIGHT NOW, KIM ~~~~~!!!!!" shouted Minwoo. Immediately, he felt bad. You jumped and quickly slipped the picture back into the book. You were on the verge of crying but you held it in. "Mi-mianhaeyo sunbaenim. I didn't know that it was important to you…" you trailed off and then attempted a smile. "I'm REALLY sorry. Next time I will definitely ask before I touch anything..." Minwoo looked down and shuffled his feet. "I'm sorry too. Sorry for shouting at you. I'll just tell you next time." There was thick tension in the air. But Mrs No broke the tension by shouting "Kids! Dinner is ready!" You and Minwoo silently made your way down.

 

You were amazed at the food laid out in front of you. You thought that it was going to be only white rice with a few side dishes. But instead of a commoner-style meal, it was more like a restaurant meal. It had a medium-rare rump steak with a caeser salad with red wine for the parents and some sparkling water for the two. Minwoo and you sat down quietly and started to work on your dinner. When you ate the steak, I was like heaven. Juice was squeezing out when you bit into the steak. *Wow. My mum and dad probably can't afford this type of meat. All we ever eat is chicken or lamb* You gave a slight smile but didn't notice Minwoo secretly looking at you. *God, I messed up… Every time sometime sees that picture, my temper goes off. Worst of all, I had to take it out on ~~~~~….* Minwoo shook that thought away and decided to explain to you everything later on. Mrs and Mr No sensed the tension in the air and thought that something must've happened. Mrs No had an idea and gave Mr No an 'I have a great idea' glance. Mr No looked worried. Usually when his wife gave him that kind of look, that normally means something BIG is going to happen. Mrs No gave Mr No a reassuring pat on his thigh under the table and smiled to herself. *Uh-oh…. What kind of plan is she thinking of?* thought Mr No as he ate his dinner.

 

When everyone had finished, Minwoo took you to his room while Mrs and Mr No had a "moment" together. Minwoo sat beside you but your mind kept replaying the scene of Minwoo screaming at you. *Man…. I'm so inconsiderate. I don't blame Minwoo  for what happened. Heck, I'd be screaming if someone was touching my precious things. I hope he isn’t still angry with me.* One minute had passed and you felt guiltier and guiltier. Minwoo looked worried. *I hope ~~~~~ isn't angry with me. I really just say some things without thinking. I need to fix that!* Minwoo was about to apologize when suddenly, the  light went out. You screamed and grabbed Minwoo's arm. You were holding it really tight. Minwoo was wincing about but he tried to calm you down with his smooth voice. But that didn't work. You were panicking and was still screaming as if there was no tomorrow when you when a hand around your arm and it pulled you closer. You looked up to where Minwoo's face was. You could barely make out his face but you knew he was there to protect you. You gave a smile and rested your head on his warm shoulders.

 

"Mianhaeyo…" You looked up. Minwoo had a guilty expression on his face. "Mianhaeyo… I shouted at you when you were just looking around." You were about to say it is okay when Minwoo started talking again. "She's my ex-girlfriend… the girl in the picture." You could tell that it was hard for him to talk about this subject. You were about to stop him when he started to speak -again-. "We were going really well.  She was cute and really cheerful. When something was hard for me, she would cheer me up with her smiles. She had also met my parents. They were really fond of her. She was polite and sometimes cracked some bad jokes. But… what I didn't know was that…" Minwoo gulped. "Was that her heart was made out of ice…. In front of me she was gentle and cute. But behind my back, she would say cruel things to my friends and use my parents to get her whatever she wanted. She also… cheated on me." You could feel the pain in his voice. "I wanted to forget her but… that didn't go very well. But I tried. So, I just moved on and I was really happy. Until she transferred to this school." You gasped slightly. "She's trying to get back with me but I won't be fooled by her again." said Minwoo strongly. You smiled and patted him on the back. "When things are tough, you can always count on me. I might not be as pretty or cute as you ex-girlfriend but I will make sure that you stay happy and that's a promise!" You pinkie promised with Minwoo and then as if on cue, the lights when on again.

 

You and Minwoo smiled and Minwoo gave you a big hug. You were taken aback by the sudden contact. "Thank you, ~~~~~. For listening to me." Ms No called and Minwoo walked out. You put your hand over your heart. For some reason, it was beating really fast and you thought that probably anyone could hear it if they were near you. *What the? Why is it beating so fast? I haven't been exercising… Plus, my face feels hot… I hope that I'm not sick* You heard Ms No call for you and you decided that it was just nothing.

 

------------------------------------------------------

WAHHHH! I'm happy today so I decided to add one more chapter to make you readers read some more adventures between you and Minwoo. Look forward to the next chapter!