Memory Loss

Coincidence

 

You couldn't believe your ears. Did Minwoo just… No. You refused to believe it. You laughed weakly. "Minwoo-ah… Stop joking, it's not funny. C'mon, it's me." Minwoo turned to his mum. "Mum, who is this girl? I've never seen her before. Why is she here?" You stared silently. *Minwoo… He doesn't remember me? But how...* Mrs No looked at you. "~~~~~-ah, when Minwoo had hit his head, it was damaged severely. He has lost his memory but he will regain it… sooner or later..." Your shoulders dropped and tears were making their way to your eyes. "~~~~~-ah, are you okay?" You held back your tears. "Yeah. Never better. Well, Mrs No, I have to go somewhere so… bye!" You turned and ran to the exit. Mrs No felt sad and Minwoo was still confused. *Who is that girl? Does she know me in some kind of way? I wonder why she looked so sad...* He shrugged and drank some water.

 

You stopped in front of your house, crying. *He doesn't remember me… I've been erased from his memory… When will he regain it though…* You crouched down and started crying loudly. Neighbours started to look out of their windows, annoyed and trying to find the loud noise. You didn't care. You were overcome by sadness. Nothing mattered to you now. Not when Minwoo didn't know who you were. You eventually got up and went home. Your mum and dad stood in the doorway. "Oh ~~~~~-ah..." your dad said. Your mum held out her arms and you ran to them, getting group hug. "Thank you for supporting me." you muttered quietly.

 

That night, you couldn't sleep a wink. Minwoo didn't remember you…. HE DIDN'T REMEMBER YOU! You tossed and turned. But all you could think of was those three words that Minwoo said to you.

 

Who are you?

 

You mentally smacked yourself. *Dude, he had a car accident and hurt his head badly. Of course something bad will happen to his brain… But… he forgot about me...* You shut your eyes tightly and forced yourself to sleep. Surprisingly, it worked. You woke up, feeling slightly better that you could sleep  

soundly. Well, sort of. You walked downstairs and your parents were expecting you to be all sad and disappointed. *I can't let my parents worry about me!* So you put on a fake smile and skipped merrily into the living room. "Why Good Morning EVERYBODY!" you shouted. Your parents were shocked but they tried to hide it as best as they could. "Good morning ~~~~~-ah!" your dad cheered. Your mum smiled and walked over to the table, revealing a delicious looking breakfast with French toast, kimchi, white rice and a glass of water. *Ah… There's no place like home...* You walked over to the table and started eating as fast as you could. *Mmmm… daebak! My parents cook the best food EVER!* You smiled and continued working your way thorough your breakfast. You sighed and patted your stomach. *Woah… I am SO full… Ah! Time to get ready for school!* You packed up your books and your lunch.  You yelled out "Bye, mum and dad!" 

 

As soon as you walked out the door, you wished you hadn't left that early. Standing in front of your letterbox was none other than Minwoo. He was whistling and tapping his shoes on the ground. You really wanted to turn back and go back to an endless dream. But… that wasn't possible. You straightened your back, took a VERY deep breath and you walked forward. Minwoo noticed you and he looked at your school uniform. "Ah, good morning! Woah… You look good in your uniform!" Minwoo said with that 'oh-so-charming' smile. You blushed and looked down. "Thank You…." you muttered. Minwoo looked at your badge. *Hm… So her name is Kim ~~~~~. Nice name! But… that name sounds so familiar… I wonder where I've heard it before...* He shook that thought away and he gripped your hand tightly. You jumped at the sudden contact made by Minwoo. "Well, we don't want to be too late. So… How about some exercise?" You stared at him. *Oh no… He hurt his head possibly he can't* But before you could finish thinking, Minwoo dashed off and because his hands had a secure hold on your hand, you were just swaying in the air like a child carrying a balloon called Kim ~~~~~. *At least some thing never change...* You smiled and went with the flow…. Literally.

 

Both of you arrived at school huffing. Well, Minwoo was huffing and you were… breathing. Girls looked your way and immediately gave a dirty look at the sight of the girl who got Minwoo into the accident. *It's okay, ~~~~~. Just don't worry about those girls.* You were about to walk off when Minwoo stopped you. "Kim ~~~~~!" You spun around quickly. *How did he remember my name? Is he remembering things?!* You let your hopes soar up higher but you stopped yourself. *But… maybe Mrs No told him or something… Anyway, it doesn't matter...* You smiled. "Yes?" Minwoo shuffled his feet shyly and he looked down, making no eye contact with you at all.  "Don't leave me…. I don't know these people and… I'm kind of scared..." You chuckled. *Ah… he's so cute!* You held his hand and started to walk to Boyfriend's secret area. "Just come with me, Minwoo. There are some people who will definitely want to reunite with you." You dragged the shy Minwoo along quickly. You couldn't wait for Boyfriend to meet Minwoo again.

 

Everybody introduced themselves again and you felt happier…. slightly. While everyone were mingling happily, you sneaked away quietly. You were trudging along the school oval. Girls caught sight of you and started to gossip non-stop and to be honest, it was starting to get on your nerves. However, even though all the girls staring at you and gossiping was a problem, there was another question that was bugging you for a while.

 

Should I stay by Minwoo's side or should I just leave him and only watch him from afar?

 

You stopped in your tracks, screamed and you scratched your hair. When you had finished your little 'meltdown', your hair looked like fairy floss and you felt tired. *I'll just think about this later…. Right now, I need to think about my studies...* You patted your hair down and you straightened up your back. "Okay, Kim ~~~~~. You can do this! Just… forget about Minwoo…  That way, he'll be out of trouble It'll probably be much more better for him..." you muttered. Your eyes started to get a bit teary but you forced those unneeded tears back to where they came from. "Okay, time to get to class!" you shouted and skipped to Biology!

 

For the rest of the day, any activity including Minwoo or even just looking at him, you tried to avoid it. Looking at him would start the waterworks and there is no need to waste water. When Minwoo had asked to walk home with you, you turned him down, lying that you had to go to the supermarket to buy some groceries. You felt a pang of guilt when you had to lie to him but you thought that it that was what's best for him. So you walked around the city, looking for anything that seemed to catch your eye. But all you could see were happy faces and laughter coming from everyone. *Everybody seems to be in such a good mood today….* You sighed and kept on walking around in circles. The big screen on a building had when you were sitting down, eating an ice block. You hadn't noticed it until a very familiar song played loudly. You looked up and SNSD's Genie was playing.

 

Watching that MV, you felt even gloomier than before. Memories were flashing by in your head of when you had danced to 'Genie' to Minwoo. You bit your lip hard. *Stop thinking about Minwoo. He's no longer part of your life. You need to move on!!!* You stood up and to your surprise, Minwoo was standing in front of you. *What the? What's Minwoo doing here? I thought that he had gone home already….* Minwoo stared at you. "Minwoo-ah, why are you here? Didn't you go home?" Minwoo kept on looking at you. "I forgot where my house was. My memory is still a bit foggy so I can't remember many things. I was waiting for you eat your ice block but, you take SO long to eat all the ice cream in that plastic tube." You looked at your hand that was holding the ice block. You hadn't even finished it and about 15 minutes had gone by. "Ah… I was… uh… thinking about… stuff…." you stammered. Minwoo stared at you for a while longer. You started to feel uncomfortable. "What… What?" Minwoo sighed. "Take me home, I'm tired…Waiting for you is such a drag..." You stared at him in disbelief. *How con Minwoo oppa turn into… into…. Into THIS?! Oh…. My prince….* You stood up so fast that Minwoo jumped ever so slightly. "Yah! No one told you to wait for me. Sheesh..." Minwoo didn't expect a comeback like that. *Woah… She's got an attitude… But, why did I wait for her? It's not like she's anybody to me. She's just some…. chick*

 

You weren't sure if the big screen was supposed to do that but it kept on replaying SNSD's Genie over and over again. Minwoo just stared at the screen. "Let's go. It's getting late." you said. You started to walk when Minwoo grabbed your arm. *What is he doing? Is he remembering something?* Your hopes got up and your were waiting for him to say something. "Wait a minute. I want to see this MV." Your hopes shattered and Minwoo just plopped down onto the wooden bench next to the cement around the tree you just sat on. Next to Minwoo was a piece of paper with writing on it. When you've finished reading it, you burst out laughing very loudly. Once you started, you couldn't stop. People nearby were staring at you and wondering what was wrong with you. Minwoo shot you a look. "Hey, I'm trying to watch something. Be quiet!" he snapped. You put your hand over your mouth but you didn't stop laughing. Your body was shaking from laughter and your stomach hurt a lot. When the MV finally finished, you took a huge breath. "Woah! Breathing is such a wonderful thing!" you said while giggling. Minwoo looked at you. "What was so funny?" he asked. You stood up straight and shook your head. "Nothing. Well, sometimes I just laugh for no reason. I know, I'm weird!" Minwoo looked at you and you couldn't tell whether he believed your little lie or not. You just smiled sweetly and Minwoo couldn't care less anymore.

 

"Well, let's just go home. I'm REALLY tired!" You sighed and pointed straight. "Just keeping on walking straight until I tell you to stop." Minwoo didn't even bother to wait for you to collect your bag and he just walked off, holding his bag in one hand. You whipped out your phone and took a couple of pictures of Minwoo's back and the bench. *This is so going to be my wallpaper!* You locked your phone and walked quickly to be next to him. On the way, Minwoo asked for your phone number. "So if I forget how to get home, I'll just call you and you can save the day." You sighed -again- and pressed your number into his phone. When the both of you parted ways, you ran inside and looked outside your window. You could see Minwoo put down his phone onto the table next to a plass of water and fall onto the beautiful sofa. *The timing cannot be more perfect!* You quickly tapped on your phone and sent Minwoo a message.

 

Minwoo's energy had all run out and he couldn't think anything wouldn't interrupt his 'peaceful' moment when suddenly his phone beeped. *Aish… Who's interrupting my peace time?!* He lazily picked up his phone and opened the message. You were monitoring Minwoo's every move. He looked at the caller ID and didn't expect you to message him. "What? Why did she send me a message? Did she forget to tell me something?" he muttered. He picked up the glass of water and took a sip while he opened the message. When he read and saw the message, he spat the water right out. You laughed. *He'd make a good water fountain.* He stood up slowly, his eyes glued to the screen.

 

Hey Minwoo-ah! Just wanted to send you a nice message! Nice back! So I guess I'm going to see more people around Seoul wearing awesome styles like what you've worn today? :D

From Kim ~~~~~, your fashion follower

 

Below that message, was a picture of Minwoo back. However, on his back and legs, there were sky blue stripes going horizontally. After that picture was another picture. But this time, it was the bench that Minwoo sat on. It was zoomed to the piece of paper stuck onto the bench.

 

Wet paint. Please do not sit on this bench.

 

Minwoo slammed down the cup and ran to the full length mirror in his room. You could hear him scream in agony and you went to the kitchen to eat dinner with your parents. *Haha… Minwoo is so funny. Many people must've witnessed the new trend.* You ate your dinner, smiling.

 

----------------------------------------------------

To my awesome subbies,

OMG, I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR A WHILE! But it is the holidays so that means….. More chapters can get written in my factory! :D Happy holidays everyone!

From Author-ssi 

 

P.S: Sorry about my spelling mistakes.