Distant

Coincidence

 

You sat on your bed quietly. In your mind, you were replaying the moment when Minwoo had made eye contact with Cho Nana. You knew it wasn't on purpose but for some reason you felt really uncomfortable whenever Minwoo was around her. It was stupid but sometimes you thought that maybe -just maybe- Minwoo and Nana would get back together. Maybe Nana would regret leaving Minwoo and then she would suddenly attack Minwoo with her 'aegyo' missiles. Maybe they might make up and become a couple again… Maybe they-

 

You shook your head hard. *Wait, what am I even thinking about?! Why would Minwoo become a couple with Nana again?! I'm going crazy! He still hasn't forgiven her so… I might still have a chance!!! Aish, stop thinking about these things!*. You sighed and looked into the mirror. Your skin seemed brighter and it looked smoother. "Well, at least some things get better..." you sighed. You heard your mum call for breakfast and you jumped out of your bed, your quilt flying for a few seconds. "Okay, time for a new day!" you said while running down to the living room.

 

You walked to school, feeling confident and ready to fill up Minwoo's 'Happy-O-Meter' whenever you need to. *Let's do this! Time to make Minwoo oppa happy~*. You skipped to Boyfriend's secret place but for some reason, no one was there. "That's weird… Normally, most of them would get here earlier than me… Did they go somewhere else?" you muttered.

 

Running to the classroom, you wondered about where everyone has gone to. Did they go to the canteen? Probably not. Boyfriend and Lizzy never buy things from the canteen in the morning. How about the library? Nah… All the girls would just scream and then the librarian will have a massive fit in front of everyone. When you have arrived at the classroom, there was no sign of Boyfriend or Lizzy anywhere. But there was someone sitting down quietly and that person seemed to be waiting for someone waiting for someone. That person's head turned to you and you flinched.

 

Cho Nana.

 

You unconsciously clenched your fists tight as if you wanted to punch her when she didn't do anything to you. You quickly remembered your manners and you bowed down to 90 degrees. "Hello. Sorry for interrupting. I was just looking for my friends. Bye!" you quickly said. Just when you were about to walk out of the classroom, Nana called your name.

 

"Kim ~~~~~. That is your name, correct?" she asked gently with that million dollar smile. But for some reason, that smile made you angry, whereas other people would've just melted into the floor and hear angels singing. You nodded slightly, not knowing why she was talking to you. "Well ~~~~~, I was waiting for you. I wanted to ask you some questions. It will only take a minute. Do you mind? Please, take a seat" and Nana gestured to the chair beside her.

 

Awkwardly, you walked over to the chair and sat down cautiously. *What does Nana need to know that I do? This meeting somehow makes me feels uneasy...* you thought but you quickly shoved away the thought. Nana flicked her hair out of the way (can't she use her hands?!) and crossed her long, toned legs. Once Nana started talking, you snapped back to planet Earth and started concentrating.

 

"~~~~~, how is Minwoo oppa doing?"

 

*What?! How dare she ask how Minwoo oppa is doing. And she has NO right whatsoever to call him OPPA! Grrr…. This conversation has already started to make me angry...*. You thought a lot but your facial expression was that of a innocent child. It was something that you normally do. You wondered about how to answer her question. "He's doing good. Never better" you said with the prettiest fake smile you can manage in front the devil.

 

"Really now? I didn't know that he was doing so well..." she said with a bit of surprise in her face.

 

*Of course he's doing well! HE DOESN'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT SOME CHICK LIKE YOU BECAUSE HE'S GOT ME!!! Bwahahahahahaha!*. In your mind, you smiled very evilly. Nana nodded, stood up and picked up her Burberry bag from the table. You stared. *Wow… A real Burberry bag… I've never seen one. Her family must be loaded...*.

 

"Well thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it. Goodbye, I hope to see you again" said Nana and she walked away, walking like a model on the world stage. You watched Nana walk away when you remembered that you had to look for Boyfriend and Lizzy. When you picked up your bag from the ground, the bell rang, signalling the time for roll call. You groaned loudly and stomped away.

 

Lunch came around the corner like a race car racing to win the grand prize. You were excited to get to eat your doshirak (lunch box) and to gulp down your  mum's homemade chicken soup! Yum~! When you were a few metres away, you broke into a sprint, carrying your doshirak and thermos because you couldn't wait to eat lunch (and of course, stalk someone *coughMinwoocough*).

 

You arrived at the lunch spot quicker than normal and as usual, Boyfriend and Lizzy were there before you because they would normally go to the canteen together to buy lunch and you didn't really want to get squished by Boyfriend's sasaeng fans. Everyone greeted you happily and you greeted them back. But you had realised that Minwoo hadn't said anything to you. In fact, he didn't even LOOK at you. He was staring at the ground as if he was waiting for something to pop up. *How weird...*

 

But you pushed the thought away and you sat down next to Minwoo. Smiling, you said "Hey, Minwoo oppa~!". He looked up slightly, nodded and then he just went back to hoping for the ground to burst open. You wondered what was wrong with Minwoo oppa. *How come he doesn't seem energetic? Is he okay? I'm worried...*. You sighed and ate a spoonful of rice and kimchi. *Mmmm…. Delicious! My parents make THE best food EVER!*. You smiled and forgot for a moment about how weird Minwoo was acting.

 

"Oppa… Minwoo oppa… OPPA~!" you screamed.

 

Minwoo's head flew up from his table so violently you thought that his head might just pop off. He groaned and expressed his confusion quite clearly. "Oppa… It's time to go home now..." you said quietly.   

Minwoo sighed and picked up his bag and his face looked like his was annoyed with you. You linked arms with him and dragged him out of his seat. "Oppa, let's go home~!" you said cheerfully but your oppa just looked straight ahead, broke the arm-linking and he walked away.

 

*What is going on? He ignores me and just stares off in space whenever I look at him… Is something the matter?*. Then it struck you and then you went into panic mode. *Maybe… Maybe… Minwoo actually doesn't like me anymore…. Is it because I talked to Nana today or something? But he couldn't possibly have been there. Or maybe… he is starting to like Nana again...*.

 

Tears trickled down your face and you dropped to the floor. The thought of Minwoo and Nana getting back together was devastating. You didn't want to think these negative thoughts but your brain kept on welcoming them in like there was a massive sale going on in your head and everyone wanted to rush in and buy something. The sun started to set but you kept on sitting on the floor crying your heart out. Thinking that possibly… Minwoo may be drifting further and further away from you…

 

-------------------------------------------------

Hello~ Hello~. Yes sir, I'm one of a kind!

Hehe, jokes. :D

How is life, subbies! Mine's great~! Writing fanfics for you guys. It's nice when you comment about my story and although it may not be so good, I hope that you can enjoy my story until the END~!

 

P.S - I have been reading over my stories (recently) and corrected the mistakes! :D I hope that this make your reading more enjoyable~

 

Have fun reading, subscribering  subbies!

Love grassjelly XOXO