The Unexpected Meeting

Accidents,Love&Snow;

I woke up again. This time, the same place where I was. Except that the curtains were drawn and sunlight was penetrating through the windows. I gave myself a few moments before slowly crawling out of the blanket and stood slowly. My head still throbbed badly. Well, what a good beginning to start with when you just arrived in Seoul the day before, and now you are in some celebrities' house.

"Celebrities' house...." I repeated the words out loud.

I look at the beds and started counting.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

I walked slowly out of the bedroom and walked into the main room. It was neat and tidy. There at the table in the kitchen was breakfast and a piece of paper was posted beside the food. I walked slowly, ignoring the poster on the wall of 5 boys posing like models.

I took the paper and read. It was in Korean but English was written below the Korean paragraph. Ah, I thought, someone, has nicely translated it for me. I was taken aback that the sentence structure in English was good. Thank god, I could read Korean and English. The note was signed off with the name 'Key' and a heart shape was drawn beside the signature.

Key...

 

Wait! Hold on a second!

 

"I'm in SHINee's dorm?!" I gasped loudly at the realisation.

I almost fainted and grabbed the side of the table to balance myself. I immediately took deep breaths and calm myself down. I look at the clock. 8.30am in the morning.

Oh.

Oh ! They might be out for schedules or out jogging or.., I thought to myself.

My heart raced. It felt like it would explode out of my rib cage. I look at the food on the table. It looks appetizing. I remembered that Key is the cook in the house and smiled widely to myself.

Oh my god! I'm going to eat Key's cooking!

I jumped up and down and did a crazy dance at the thought, grinning to myself.

But what made me stopped was the 5 young boys standing there, smiling and laughing at me.

! I didn't hear the door open! Oh ! ! , I continued cursing in my mind.

Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Taemin and Onew stood there, surprised at my crazy dance and laughed so hard that Jonghyun and Taemin fell onto the floor, clutching their stomachs.

I stood there, embarrassed at myself. I panicked and bowed to them apologising repeatedly at the same time. On my 5th bow, the laughing stop and a hand touched my shoulder. I in a huge breath and look up to see Key smiling widely at me.

"Have you eaten?" Key asked, in English. I guess he thought that I cannot speak Korean.

"Erm ... no." replied in Korean. 

All 5 of them was taken aback by my reply. Their looks have said what they have to say. They didn't know I could speak Korean.

I remembered my Korean teacher telling me if I were to have a conversation with a Korean, they will be surprised because of my clear pronunciation and articulation. So, I guess they were surprised. I continued talking to them in Korean, feeling the awkwardness in the atmosphere.

"Sorry to disturb you guys. I'm sorry that I've troubled you guys a lot. I will go and clean up whosever bed I slept in the night before now." I said and excused myself into the room.

In the midst of cleaning the bed, footsteps were heard going into the kitchen. I'm guessing they are having a short meeting.

Oh god, they are going to kick me out of here and will report this to the media, I told myself.

I stood up, look at my work and then sit back down on the bed and covered my face with my hands. I didn't know how long I sat there, face in hands when a knock on the door made me jump from my seat.

Onew, still in his sports attire, smiled at me. He held a cup of water and some pills in his hand. He approached me slowly, maintaining the smile perfectly.

I bowed as he stood in front of me and sat back down again. My face flushed with redness but my head was hurting as well.

"Here," He whispered as he approached me, his voice gentle and sweet, as he passed me the pills and the cup of water.

"Thank you," I replied, taking the pills and drank the water. 

I felt that my reply was too formal for this kind of conversation, however, I just met them and its been officially less than two hours since I had woken up from my sleep.

He smiled and greeted me. He rubbed both his palms on his pants and watched me. I felt more awkward with his presence there. His eyes were watching me the whole time, making the atmosphere slightly intense for me at the moment.

I placed the cup on the bed table beside me and look down nervously.

"I'm sure you know who are we, and you definitely know who am I right?" He began. His Adam's apple moved up and then back down nervously. I'm guessing he is feeling the way I do now.

"Yeah, you guys are SHINee, and you're the leader, Onew or should I call you Jin Ki.....oppa? " I asked politely, remembering that they were older than me. I looked at him politely.

He laughed, and then said " Just call me Onew..oppa if you insist " He cleared his throat again and then continued, "Do you remember what happen last night?"

I tried to recall, but my head had throbbed again. My face scrunched up again as I winced at the pain. The empty bed beside me from where I sat, was suddenly filled with other occupants.

Key sat beside me, his hand out in front of me. I look down and saw the pills again. I shooked my head from left to right and refused it politely. If I took too many pills at one go, I would not know what would happen to myself. I guessed Key was watching us from afar and came prepared with pills in case I'm hurt again.

I cleared my throat, massaging my temple with my fingers.

"I can't recall much of what happened last night, just vivid images only. " I replied, my voice weak.

"Are you okay? " Key asked worriedly that I may have an internal bleeding from the crash landing.

"The pain will go away, hopefully," I said, smiling weakly at his gesture.

I let out a weak sigh. Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun entered the room just then. Taemin was holding a tray of toasted bread and eggs. Minho carrying a cup of warm water. Jonghyun just came in with an apologetic smile, feeling guilty for not being much help in serving the guest.

I looked up and immediately feel guilty about the way they are treating me. They are celebrities, I'm just a normal person.

My head throbbed again. I bit my tongue to prevent myself from saying ouch again.

"Annyeong! We bought breakfast here for you!" said Taemin cheerfully.

I finally saw his smile and eye smile in real life. It was gorgeous, and I felt a pinch of jealousy. For his gorgeous-ness and cheerfulness.

"Yeap! Hope you are okay now, " said Jonghyun, smiling at me. He rubbed his hands together, awkward himself. 

Taemin put the tray on my lap and Minho put the cup on the tray. All the three of them sat, Taemin beside Onew, who is sitting facing me. Minho and Jonghyun beside Key. They all smiled widely. However, their faces were all apologetic. I guess they were guilty of the incident last night and not having to send me immediately to the hospital.

Oh my god, these boys are so adorable, I thought to myself

Then remembering they were all slightly older than me, except Taemin. So I would not call them boys. We both are born in the same year. I looked at the breakfast in front of me and moved my hands to take the toast and filled it with eggs.

Suddenly, I was engrossed in eating. I forget about their presence, sitting facing and beside me, looking curiously at me. I suddenly felt their stares and stop chewing. I put down the unfinished toast and look at them. Then I tried to smile, to show them that I enjoyed the food. We all felt awkward at that moment.

Minho broke the silence when he told me I have something on my cheek. Before I could reach for it, his hand shot up in front of me and flicked the food off my face. I blushed.

Minho touched me! Minho touched me! My mind was screaming internally.

I carried the tray and stood up just at the same time, Onew and Taemin hit their heads on the double-decker bed frame and laughed for the clumsiness. The rest of the members join in the humour, and so did I.

A few minutes later, I excused myself and went into the kitchen to wash the dishes. A hand grabbed my arm gently, while I was making my way out. 5 pairs of eyes stared at me and I blushed again. Key's hand was on my arm.

"Let me do the dishes."

"No, no! Let me do it. I owe you guys." I insisted, smiling at them before excusing myself.

I took some time to think while washing the dishes. What am I to do now? I was thinking of leaving but there's go my chance of getting to know them and also taking a picture with them. 

Would I be rude to be asking for a picture, after what had happened last night?

Suddenly, my thoughts flew to my DSLR.

Where's my DSLR? Where are my stuff?!

I quickly finished up and looked back in the main room. The boys have not yet come out of the room yet.

Pfft! I guess another meeting again, I thought to myself.

Would it be too rude to find for my belongings in their dorm? I asked myself as my feet went to the cupboard by the main door.

I tiptoed to the cupboard near the door and opened it. Coats were hanged nicely and I searched for my coat and my bag inside, squatting down and stood in front of the bottom shelf of the cupboard. I must have made a lot of noise because afterwards, I felt someone was staring at me while standing beside me. 

I turned around and blushed, looking up at the person standing over me.

Minho appeared beside me and I almost shrieked again in surprise. His hand covered my mouth and I kept quiet and calm myself down. My heart raced again when his hand covered my mouth. His skin was so soft, smooth and warm. I almost fell on him but caught myself again.

"Erm, sorry. I was looking for my things." I whispered, looking down guilty. 

"Oh, your things? They are here." Minho made a soft chuckle and cleared some coats away, pointing at my things on the shelf before picking it up for me.

He slowly lifted his hand and my bag dangled on his fingertips. I grabbed it and quickly take a look inside. My wallet, my water bottle, my handphone and my DSLR. I took out my DSLR and checked it once more all over.

I pressed the On button and make sure my DSLR was functioning well. Without thinking, I held up my camera and took a picture of Minho. He was taken aback by my sudden action. I slowly lowered my camera, and look down, blushing in redness again.

" Sorry! I...I didn't mean to. I just wanted to check if my DSLR was still working." I gulped and looked down. 

I look at my DSLR screen and saw the picture. His face was so gorgeous, I almost made a mistake, thinking it was an angel I took a picture of.

" I'll delete it! " I said and my fingers almost pressed the delete button.

However, Minho grabbed my hand. I look up to see why he grabbed my hand.

His face was an inch from mine. My mind went blank. My heart is forcing itself out of my rib cage. My breathing hard and fast. His pink lips look so tender and warm. His fingers wrapped around my hand send shivers down my spine. Suddenly it felt like sparks were travelling on my nerves.

"Don't delete it. Save it"

His voice, deep yet sweet, made the whole atmosphere around us, romantic and all. Suddenly, we heard someone clearing his throat behind us.

"Hyung, bring her inside and let's have a discussion "

Minho looked at Taemin, who stood behind us. Minho slowly straightened himself and sighed. He let go of my hand and motioned me to follow.

Taemin followed behind silently. I caught Taemin looking at me and then at Minho, who is walking in front of us. The look was not cheerful but...

I didn't want to speculate that maybe what I have seen on his face was all in my head. 

Maybe perhaps Taemin figured that I might be a liability to their career.

Or maybe... 

However, that look was obvious enough for one person to know.

It seems to be jealousy.