Boy Talk

Remember Me

 

[April 2010; The Next Day]

[Daesung POV]

“How’s your girl, Daesung?”

“Jiyoung is at her place. You know that, Seungri.” I tell him as I plop down on the couch. I sigh and read through some paperwork.

“Not her.” Seungri says bitterly. For some reason, the guys don’t like Jiyoung. They say she’s a little too innocent. Though they still try to be nice around her, they just don’t like her. I don’t even bother anymore.

Seungri softly punches my arm. “I’m talking about that girl you kept on visiting years ago. Seunghyun hyung told me she woke up yesterday.”

“Oh, Mi Sun.” I say, trying to be nonchalant.

“Yeah. Hyung also told me what happened after she woke up…” Seungri trailed off.

“Yah! Seungri-ah! Leave Daesung alone.” Jiyong scolds as he comes in my living room. Seungri bows to me and turns on my TV. He’s quiet for the rest of the time. Jiyong comes and snatches the paperwork out of my hands.

“Yah!” I shout as Jiyong sits in between Seungri and I on my couch. “What—wait. How did you two get in my house?”

“You barely noticed?” YoungBae answers. He comes out of my kitchen with four drinks in his hands. He hands me a glass of water and gives Jiyong and Seungri some soda.

“How long have you guys been here?” I ask, leaning a little to see my front door.

“A whole hour, hyung.” Seungri replies, happily sipping on his drink.

I stand up and walk over to the front door. It was closed and locked. What the hell? “How did you guys get in here if I locked the front door?” I ask once I get back in the living room.

“Seriously? We went through the back.” YoungBae says, pointing his thumb behind him at my large garden.

“Aish. I should I give you all keys to this place.” I mutter as I grab the paperwork from Jiyong. I sit back down on the couch and continue where I left off on the papers.

“Keys to your house? Well hand it over!” Seungri excitedly shouts, extending his hand out. Jiyong smacks Seungri behind his head.

“Babo. He’s being sarcastic.” Jiyong says. Seungri pouts and puts his attention to the TV.

“So, where’s Seunghyun hyung then?” I ask. I switch papers and start reading, trying to get Mi Sun out of my mind. But I swear this girl is everywhere. Maybe that’s why I never noticed the guys get in my house. I’ve been too distracted with Mi Sun. I feel like screaming. She’s doesn’t remember me…

“I don’t know.” YoungBae says, interrupting my thoughts. “We thought he would’ve been here since you guys are business partners and all, but I guess we thought wrong.”

“Call him over, will you? I need to talk to him anyway.” I say, not really knowing whom I’m saying it to. At the corner of my eyes, I see Jiyong take his phone out. Seungri puts the TV on mute. The whole house is silent as Jiyong puts the call on speakerphone.

“Yoboseyo?” A deep voice answers.

“Hyung. Where are you?” Jiyong asks.

There was a quiet shuffle on the other line. “Uh, at home. Why?”

“Can you come over? I need your help on some files.” I say.

There were more quiet movements on the other line. “Okay. I’m on my way right now.” Then he hung up.

“Hyung is being weird again.” Seungri sings.

“Whatever. As long as he’s coming over. I’m getting bored. You’re no fun anymore, Daesung. Hyung is more fun.” YoungBae says.

“Then why do you keep coming over here? Don’t you guys have houses?” I ask. I slam the paperwork down on the coffee table, feeling frustrated. Not even the guys can take my mind away from Mi Sun.

“Wah, calm down. Your house is bigger, that’s all.” YoungBae says, misunderstanding my movements.

“And you have cable.” Jiyong adds.

“And food.” Seungri adds on. He gulps the rest of his soda.

“Daesung-ah. How are you?” Seunghyun hyung comes into my living room.

“What the hell? How’d you get in here?” I ask, jumping a little.

“Back door.” Hyung points behind him. He smiles. Hyung sits down on the floor, next to the coffee table. “So, what do you need to work on?”

I give him my paperwork as I sit back and sigh, my thoughts drifting back to Mi Sun as the guys talk and joke around. Maybe I should visit her again. Maybe hyung was right. She must’ve had some trouble remembering since she did just wake up from a coma.

Suddenly, my phone rings, making all of us jump. Then they all start laughing.

“What?” I ask while fishing out my phone.

“Seriously, hyung? What the hell is that ring-tone of yours?” Seungri asks, laughing.

“What’s wrong with my ring-tone?” I ask defensively. I glance at the caller ID. I forget about the guys as I quickly answer.

“Oppa!”