His Pleading Heart

Remember Me

 

[June 2010; 3 In The Morning]

[Author POV]

Beep…

Beep…

Beep…

The slow beeping of the monitor was the only thing that filled up the small hospital room. Four people were listening to the agonizing beeping and watching the scene in front of them. But only two people were on the bed.

One of them was sobbing loudly, enough to make strangers feel sadness. On the other hand, the other person, all bandaged up, was unconscious. The four people in the back of the room slowly start coming forward, comforting their sobbing friend. Seunghyun clenches his teeth to keep the tears from falling.

“I’m sorry.” He says, his deep voice lower than usual.

Only sobs were the reply, the sound breaking hearts.

Seungri hugs Jiyong, trying to hide the tears forming in his eyes. Jiyong keeps his eye contact with YoungBae as he hugs the maknae back; Jiyong can’t stand to see the sight in front of him. In fact, nobody does. Nobody wanted for this to happen; it was too much to bear.

“Why not me?”

The four of them snap their tired eyes toward their friend, who was kneeling on the floor next to the bed. For the first time in 4 hours, their friend finally speaks. They flinch at the words and the hoarseness of his voice, it sounded so dead.

“What do you mean, Daesung?” Seunghyun speaks up, trying to get his friend to speak up some more.

“Why didn’t it happen to me? Of all the people… It has to be her.” Daesung replies, his saddened eyes never leaving the unconscious body on the bed. “Again, she took her life for me.”

Seunghyun doesn’t say anything this time, not even knowing what to say next. The sight hurts him deeply. He doesn’t like to see his friend like this. Something like this makes him go back to the time when he and Daesung first met, through an accident, the accident that turned Daesung’s world upside down. Still, he felt very guilty for what he caused.

The four of them step back, going to the other end of the room, mourning. Daesung continues to sob for he doesn’t know what else to do. He’s already talked to the doctors. And they say there’s nothing else he can do, but pray that she opens her eyes sooner. So, that’s exactly what Daesung did.

He continues to kneel on the cold, hard floor by her bed, grasping her hand tightly as tears fall into her palm. Mi Sun managed to push Daesung away before the car even became a reaching distance. It pained him. A wave of pain went over him as he watched her body fly and land on the road, like a puppet.

He immediately brought her to the hospital, feeling like a dog being scared of thunder and lightning. He couldn’t help, but shake furiously as he watched nurses and doctors take her in to the emergency room.

By the time they put her in a room, the other four came. Once they opened that door, they already found Daesung in the position he’s in now. He’s never left his spot, and he doesn’t have the plan to do so. This time, he’s never going to leave her side. He promised him and Mi Sun that.

He won’t leave her like he did last time. Before, that was a mistake he wishes to never make ever again. Closing his puffy eyes tightly, he buries his face into her cold palm.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, Mi Sun-ah.” Daesung mumbles over and over again, can’t find the will to stop talking now. The four in the back watch helplessly as two of their friends experience the kind of agony nobody should even experience.

Suddenly, someone burst into the room, breaking the deafening silence. Kang Jiyoung frantically runs in, already at the other side of Mi Sun. “Is she okay? What happened? Omo, how could this happen? When did she even leave the party? Is she dea—“

“Get out.”

“W-what?” Jiyoung asks, staring wide-eyed at her fiancé. Daesung’s face was terrible, so many tears streaked his face and his lips still continues to tremble. But that didn’t stop him for cutting her off. He doesn’t want to hear that word. Hell, he doesn’t want anyone to have a thought like that about his Mi Sun.

“I said get out.” He says, his voice barely a whisper. He looks at everyone. “I want everyone out.”

“B-but, oppa, I—“

“Please, Jiyoung, not right now. I want to be alone with her.” Daesung interrupts, bringing Mi Sun’s limp hand to his lips. Jiyoung watches him, shocked. She feels someone’s big hands grip her arm.

“Come on. Let’s leave them alone.” She hears Seunghyun mutter to her. Never leaving her eyes from the heartbreaking sight, she complies, closing the door.

Just when the door clicks, Daesung quickly falls back to his depressed state. More sobs escape his lips, but it feels like grinding a knife up and down his throat. His eyes, already past the puffiness and redness, have turned into purple rings underneath. Every tear that escapes his eyes is like a needle piercing through his skin. The more he squeezes her hand; it takes double the strength away from him. It hurts him too much. His pain was unbearable. It was too much to handle.

He’s already past weak. He’s just as limp as a dead body, a puppet. From just a light push, he’ll fall over, having more knots tighten in his guts. From just one touch, he flinches as if you’ve shot him.

“Mi Sun-ah,” Daesung starts, feeling the emptiness all over his body. “Don’t leave me anymore, please. I can’t bear this. You open your eyes. Please. Just like before, you sacrificed yourself for me. God forbid a next time, but let me suffer for you. I should feel whatever you’re feeling right now. After all, we experience everything together…”

A sob sounding like scream escapes his numb mouth. A bitter smile creeps on his lips, loathing the sound.

“Let’s just hope you remember once you open your eyes. I don’t think I can take another torture.”

---------------------------------------

A/N: Well, guess what? Spring Break! Finally~ Expect daily updates during this upcoming week because I'm ready for it!

Comments? What's going through your mind right now? :)