It Started With An Argument

Remember Me

[August 2007]

“Why are you forcing me?” A girl with shoulder-length hair asks her mother, irritated.

“Because I know that you’ll choose something different.” Her mother replies calmly, but from her structure—the way her jaw was clenched and her arms were crossed— she was just as irritated by her stubborn daughter.

“Really? You don’t know me.” The daughter scoffs. “You, of all people, say that you know what I’ll choose. It’s weird, considering the fact that you’ve distanced yourself from me. Ever since—“

“Don’t even think about bringing him up, Won Mi Sun.” The mother grits through her teeth.

“Right because I already hear you talking about him incoherently late at night, crying your eyes out. It’s funny how—“

Slap!

A teenager’s body falls to the floor from the impact. She touches her cheek, and then looks up at her so-called mother.

“Damn it, Mi Sun! That is enough!” Mi Sun’s mother says, glaring at Mi Sun evilly. The two stare at each other, waiting for the other to break because their stubbornness runs in their families’ blood.

“Everything is enough for you, isn’t it?” The daughter finally snaps. She stands up, clenching her hands tight. She’s had enough of her mother’s rants. Mi Sun hears the same things over and over again. Her mother is a hypocrite; her mother is nothing but a stuck-up, a low life. It was what happened to him that made her family fall apart. It was him who changed her mother. Mi Sun missed him, but she despised him for what he caused.

“Is that why you’re pushing everything away? You take everything, yet you complain that you don’t have anything! I hate you!” Mi Sun shouts, her voice with rage. With that, she earns another slap across her cheek.

“Hate me all you want, I’m still your mother. Right now, I can’t stand to see your face. Just lock yourself up in your room. We’ll talk later.” Her mother places her hands on her hips.

This is what you deserve, Mi Sun’s mother silently sneers. Her daughter meets her gaze steadily. Instead of walking past her mother and going up to her room, Mi Sun goes the opposite way, out the front door.

Her mother’s eyes widen as she watches her daughter turn her back and reach for the doorknob.

“If you walk out that door right now, I don’t want to see your face ever again.” The mother threatens. Her daughter smiles at the threat.

“Is that a promise?” Mi Sun growls as she walks out of the living hell most people would call a home. Once out in the streets, Mi Sun fishes out her phone. She dials a number she knows by heart.

“Hello?” A deep, husky voice answers on the other line.

“Can I come over?” Mi Sun asks.

“My parents are home. Let’s just meet up at our usual place.”

“Neh.” She smiles as she hears the person on the other line on the move already. She hangs up and starts walking. Her thoughts go back to her mother, her abusive mother. She looks up at the sky.

Are you happy now? Do you see what you’ve done? Thanks to you, I have left my life. Because of this, will you do me a favor? She says silently in her head. Would you help me find a new life?

~O~O~

A boy with messy brown hair and sleepy eyes leans on his car as he quietly looks around. He glances at his watch, 12:04 a.m. He continues to do this routine for a few more minutes.

“Where is that girl? Calling me in the middle of the night, interrupting my beauty sleep, and wanting to stay at my house when she fully knows my parents are home on these days. She better not stand me up. The things I do for you, Mi Sun.” The boy mutters.

After 5 minutes, the boy decides to go back home, feeling stupid. That was until he spots a petite figure walking in his direction.

“Aish, this girl.” He whispers as he watches her run toward him. He automatically opens his arms, and the girl jumps into them.

“What happened, Mi Sun?” The boy whispered into Mi Sun’s ear.

“One more moment, please.” Mi Sun mumbles in the boy’s chest, wrapping her arms tightly around his stomach. She closed her eyes, and the boy held her tighter. Just for this moment, Mi Sun would like to be held. If it were he, then she’d never let him go for he was her comfort, her brother, her best friend… and he was her love.

It was the same for the boy. He loved her with all his being. Just like tonight, he would stay with her and stay up all night, just to comfort her. She was his first friend, first hug, first kiss, and first love.

They sit down on the floor next to the car. They sit side by side, staring up at the night sky like they always do, while Mi Sun starts retelling the argument between her and her mother.

“I hate her, Daesung.” Mi Sun finishes, looking at her lover. Daesung pulls her toward his chest as he starts to see the girl’s eyes with red. “Why is she forcing me? Why can’t she just…love me?” The girl’s voice breaks at the end.

Daesung swallows hard as he her hair. “I know. A lot has happened to you guys… Of course, it’ll make a great impact on your mom. Look,” Daesung gently holds Mi Sun’s shoulders, making her look at him in the eyes. “I love you, and you know that.” He smiles his bright, angelic smile.

He leans down and softly kisses her lips, as if he’s proving that he loves her. 

-------------------------------------

A/N: So, here's it is! I'm not sure if it's a good start or not, but it's a start no less...

Anyway, Comment & Subscribe :)